Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34879 Jun 3, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer my question?
The New Testament, the one that Jesus Christ was crucified and was raised from the dead as we do in baptism. We are buried in his death and raised in newness of life as a Christian. You must be a member of the only true church which is spoken of and which Jesus said he would build and did. That is the ONLY church where you can worship in spirit and in truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34883 Jun 3, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's true because it is on Wikipedia?
For your information..........
Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles, except in limited cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or, if they choose to, with their real identity.

Have I not mentioned that quoting things where you do not provide a citation or even quote marks is illegal, immoral and dishonest.

Exactly the sort of behavior I expect a cult member to engage in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About

BTW, Wikipedia has been found to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica while being much wider ranging and more in depth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34884 Jun 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Dogen , you as student are both on the same course, as you both worship in a way that God doesn't authorize, which means you need to get right with God by going to the nearerst CoC and getting baptized and worshipping in spirit and in truth, because as it stands you're both lost. You talk about his religion being a false religion and most americans relate the JW's as being a cult of lost souls without a doubt. They are recognized as one of the most bizarre religious group known to all in their doctrine. As for your religion you to are far from worshipping in spirit and in truth. But I would love for you to mention just one thing the CoC doesn't do according to the bible, but I know you would be unable to achieve that one mistake as we go according to the bible. It's easy to see the JW's mistakes as theyhave so many and your religion has some that isn't authorized by God . their is one way to worship God, and only one way, and that
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I have provided you with entire websites listing the errors in CoC theology. Obviously you are afraid of looking at them.

But in the end I don't think you are so screwed up as to lose salvation (even in spite of your errors about what salvation is) so you are not my top priority.

"Student" however is way off course and has been deceived by Satan.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34885 Jun 3, 2013
<quoted text> The CoC is non denominational .

ROTFLMSFAO!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34886 Jun 3, 2013
<quoted text> Maybe this will refresh your memory on 1975, as I was alive and kicking and know first hand what your religion did to these poor lost souls
Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch...
By Ahouseisnotahome ·
7 min ·
20,625 views ·
Added Jul 14, 2008
Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies Ahouseisnotahome ... 7:50 Jehovah's Witnesses Commit The Unforgivable Sin by JWMediaFilms 74,649 views
Suicide is also highest with people belonging to the JW's

I have not heard that the suicide rate among JWs is the highest, though I know it is higher than the general population. The incidents of mental illness is also very high.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34888 Jun 3, 2013
I urge all people to read this in regards to the JW's mental illness issues which are brought on by their false doctrine. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/19...

Their incorrect theological doctrine is secondary to their use of mind control methods and their systematic abuse of their members.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34889 Jun 3, 2013
Remember this student as you said this was a bunch of lies, no student you are the liar. Now everybody can see you as you really are, a liar.
Mulino, OR
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday May 9
Sadly the Jehovah Witnesses are one of the most confused people when it comes to comprehending the bible. Their interpretations are easily seen to be so far off from what the bible says. They have on so many occassions attempted to tell the world that on several different dates that the Lord was coming. The worst was in 1975 when members again were told the Lord was coming and were told to sell there posessions and not to buy anything or to apply for college and on and on. This was the worst ever as many committed suicide, didn't have jobs because most had quit their job because the Lord was coming. They believe that blood transfusion is a sin, which it isn't, they believe in a new earth and only 144,000 will be on it. This is a tragic case of total ignorance of the bible.
Where have you gotten your information? This is a bunch of lies.

Actually, not to defend the JWs in any way, but some of the above is incorrect. The New Earth is not limited to 144,000. That is simply all that will go to heaven.

I know it is crazy either way, but just to be accurate.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34890 Jun 3, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 23
English Standard Version (ESV)
Feasts of the Lord
"The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, These are the appointed feasts of the Lord that you shall proclaim as holy convocations; they are my appointed feasts........."
<quoted text>
Said who?

This is a error that occurred based on misreading certain NT scriptures without understanding what they meant in historic context. Early Christan's met on the first day of the week TO AVOID conflict with the Sabbath. Somewhere along the line people thought that scriptural reference to Christians meeting on Sunday WAS the Sabbath. Basic error.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34893 Jun 4, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics do baptism don't they? jw's do the same and a thousand other cults. Why belong to CoC?
The Catholic church is a false religion for so many reasons. They sprinkle a baby when a baby has no sin and no where does it say to baptize a baby, because a baby has no sin. God never appointed a pope and Peter was never a pope and the bible clearly tells you that Peter was never a pope, and there's nothing mentioned in the bible about a catholic church or a JW's church. There is only ONE way God expects to be worship and the bible clearly tells you that. Read your New Testament and you will see how he wants people to worship him. Man has come up with many ways they want to worship God, but God has only one way he wants to be worshipped. Look and read what the bible says in the New Testament on how he expects to be worshipped and you will see that there's only one way. You can't do one thing right and not do the other things wrong and be acceptable to God, he has his way and his way is the only way he wants us to worship him.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34894 Jun 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Is it? I know someone on another thread that would disagree with you, but he is a JW, so isn't very bright and his opin can be discounted.
To be fair, I force myself to be literal and interpret things literally when the other person is prone to mis-interpreting what I said or going way farther than was intended. But I digress.
Dogen wrote:
The reference I have is Peace on Earth" p.12 1969, but honestly I have not checked it.
More specific information here:
http://ittsy.com/focusonthefaulty/Pages/jehov...
I read page 12 of Peace on Earth. I didn't see where it says that JW's are the restorers of God's name, much less in Hebrew. That I know of, we have never denied that we don't know the exact pronunciation of God's name in Hebrew -- and we certainly have not denied it recently.
Dogen wrote:
The rest of this seems just like more whining and egomanicial self priming. All cult members honestly believe they are being logical. But when you are educated enough about your cult to have a sensible discussion will be glad to address any remaining issues.
Lets just start here.
Basic stuff every watchtowerite should be able to defend against.
http://ittsy.com/focusonthefaulty/Pages/jehov...
'Your' website claims:
"The translation committee was headed by (then vice -president of the Jehovah's Witnesses)Frederick W.Franz. Other members included Nathan H. Knorr (then president of the Jehovah's Witnesses),AlbertD. Schroeder, Ceorge D. Gangas and Milton Henschel."

Prove it.

If you can't, it's invalid.
And if it's invalid, the source was invalid at the moment of making this claim.
If the credibility of the source is in question, then it's futile to use it -- it's not a solid base for any arguments.

So, Prove it.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34897 Jun 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Shouldn't you know about what you are talking about before you talk about it?
Was it done intentionally? Yes. Do you consider it a mistake? Yes. Is it an English word? Yes.
I don't see how your reply invalidates any of this -- so my statement stands.
Dogen wrote:
GIGO. The way it is said in English is Yahweh.
There are many names for God in English, including (gasp) "God"! They ALL come from other languages (Mostly Hebrew & Greek)
Some of these appellations are titles and not names, but I hardly expect you to know the dictionary definition of anything and much less the differences between apparent synonyms. Common use in English has caused the transliteration Yahweh to be rendered Jehovah in most cases. This is accepted by the dictionary which implies, in turn,(and rightfully so) that it is accepted by the majority of the English speaking people as a spelling and pronunciation of the divine name in English. Nothing you say will change that. You aren't a Linguist, you aren't a translator, you didn't study English as your major, you demonstrate a lack of knowledge in basic dictionary definitions, and specially if you are a mono-lingual you should learn to "Be sensible and keep your mouth shut" (Proverbs 10:19) when talking about things you don't know about.
Dogen wrote:
I must run in more educated circles.
You know that? You know that I've been brainwashed?
Yes. This I know for a fact.
Coming from you, that's a compliment.
Dogen wrote:
Ooooh and undergrad Sociology class. Wow.
The term "brain-washing" is pop psychology, but it refers to a real thing. Indoctrination is a better term.
Typical "brainwashing" (or indoctrination) techniques (all of which are use by the watchtower cult to some extent) are:
Thank you for regurgitating information that I've already read (and much better explained) in the past. The problem with that (and your) argument is that while many of these elements do increase persuasion, there is no proof (nor, that I'm aware of, way of getting proof) that these methods persuade a person against their will or without them realizing it. Indoctrination and Brainwashing are bogus terms, because it's impossible to separate them from persuasion, or to definitely prove that the person lost control of their own thoughts at some point, and didn't simply choose to adapt a new set of thoughts. I do hope you are aware of the lack of evidence for Brainwashing, because it would be sad if my "undergrad sociology" research had protected me from believing unsubstantiated claims, but your 'highly educated' mind had fallen prey to it.

Or do you have empirical evidence that Brainwashing can happen against a person's will? Of course you don't. It doesn't exist.
Dogen wrote:
You might want to look at Post-cult trauma.
"Post cult Trauma".
http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/10...
Of course I recommend any of the dozens of online JW recovery groups. It is better to hear it from a former member who found out the truth.
Of course if you are afraid.....
This would imply that if the religion were untrue, that I would be less capable to identify it than disgruntled former members that were likely thrown out for reasons unrelated to theology, but then decided the theology was wrong. Contrary to your opinion, I'm fairly certain that I'd discover anything that needs tuning before these ignorant apostates -- and if I did, I'd send a letter to Head Quarters, and it would be tuned in time. Tuning has never stopped, and continues to progressively give more and more light "until the day is firmly established" as it goes.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34898 Jun 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>

"Student" however is way off course and has been deceived by Satan.
So I am your top priority on this forum?

FYI …….Satan was the first creature to turn apostate.

Fondness for God’s word is an important factor in keeping us faithful to Jehovah.(Psalm 119:17-24) If we are like the inspired songwriter, we will yearn to understand “the wonderful things” of God’s law. We will constantly ‘long for Jehovah’s judicial decisions’ and show a ‘fondness for his reminders.’(Psalm 119:18, 20, 24) If we have been dedicated to Jehovah for even a short time, have we ‘formed a longing for the unadulterated milk belonging to the word’?(1 Peter 2:1, 2)

We need to understand elementary Bible teachings so that we can be in a better position to comprehend and apply God’s law. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body.

Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity.(John 8:44)
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34903 Jun 4, 2013
Beliefs and Attitudes of Christendom
God’s personal name is unimportant:“The use of any proper name for the one and only God ... is entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.”(Preface to the Revised Standard Version)

What the Bible really Says
Jesus prayed that God’s name be sanctified. Peter said:“Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Acts 2:21-“And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Joel 2:32-“And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

Matthew 6:9-“YOU must pray, then, this way:“Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.”

Exodus 6:3-“And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.”

Revelation 4:11-“You are worthy Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

Revelation 15:3-And they are singing the song of Moses the slave of God and the song of the Lamb, saying:“ Great and wonderful are your works, Jehovah God, the Almighty. Righteous and true are your ways, King of eternity.”

Revelation 19:6-And I heard what was as a voice of a great crowd and as a sound of many waters and as a sound of heavy thunders. They said:“Praise Jah, YOU people, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as King.”
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34904 Jun 4, 2013

God is a Trinity:“The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God.”(The Catholic Encyclopedia, 1912 edition)

The Bible says that Jehovah is greater than Jesus and is the God and head of Christ.

John 14:28-YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU.” If you loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father,“because the Father is greater than I am.”

John 20:17-Jesus said to her:“Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them,‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”

1 Corinthians 11:3-But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn ‘the head of Christ is God.’

The holy spirit is God’s active force.

Matthew 3:11-I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance, but the one coming after me is strong than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire.

Luke 1:41-Well, as Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the infant in her womb leaped; and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit.

Acts 2:3, 4-And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them and they all ‘became filled with holy spirit’ and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34905 Jun 4, 2013
The human soul is immortal:“When man dies his soul and body are disunited. His body .. decays ... The human soul, however, does not die.”(What Happens After Death, a Roman Catholic publication)

Man is a soul. At death the soul ceases to think or feel and returns to the dust from which it was made.
Genesis 2:7-And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.

Genesis 3:19-In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.

Psalm 146:3, 4-Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.“His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; ‘In that day his thoughts do perish.’”

Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20-For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects of beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity.“All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.”

Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10-For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.... All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going.

Ezekiel 18:4, 20-Look! All the souls--to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son--to me they belong. The soul that is sinning--it itself will die.... The soul that is sinning--it itself will die. A son himself will bear nothing because of the error of the father, and a father himself will bear nothing because of the error of the son. Upon his own self the very righteousness of the righteous one will come to be, and upon his own self the very wickedness of a wicked one will come to be.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34906 Jun 4, 2013

The wicked are punished after death in hell:“According to traditional Christian belief, hell is a place of unending anguish and pain.”(The World Book Encyclopedia, 1987 edition)

The wages of sin is death, not life in torment.
Romans 6:23-“For the wages of sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.”

The dead rest unconscious in hell (Hades, Sheol), awaiting a resurrection.

Psalm 89:48-What able-bodied man is there alive who will not see death? Can he provide escape for his soul from the hand of Sheol?

John 5:28, 29-Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

John 11:24, 25-Martha said to him:“I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her:“I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life”

Revelation 20:13, 14-And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. And death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34907 Jun 4, 2013

The title Mediatrix [female mediator] is applied to Our Lady.”(New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 edition)

The only mediator between God and men is Jesus.
John 14:6-Jesus said to him:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

1 Timothy 2:5-For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus

Hebrews 9:15-So that is why he is a mediator of a new covenant, in order that, because a death has occurred for [their] release by ransom from the transgressions under the former covenant, the ones who have been called might receive the promised of the everlasting inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24-and Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and the blood of sprinkling, which speaks in a better way than Abel’s [blood].

Infants should be baptized:“From the very beginning the Church has administered the Sacrament of Baptism to infants. Not only was this practice considered lawful, but it was also taught to be absolutely necessary for salvation.”(New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 edition)

Baptism is for those who have been made disciples and taught to obey Jesus’ commandments. To qualify for baptism, a person must understand God’s Word and exercise faith.

Matthew 28:19, 20-“Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,‘teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU.’”

Luke 3:21-23-Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus also was baptized and, as he was praying, the heaven was opened up and the holy spirit in bodily shape like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven:“You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

Furthermore, Jesus himself, when he commenced [his work], was about thirty years old

Acts 8:35, 36-Philip opened his mouth and, starting with this Scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus. Now as they were going over the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said:“Look! A body of water; what prevent me from getting baptized?”
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34908 Jun 4, 2013
Most churches are divided into a laity class and a clergy class, which ministers to the laity. The clergy are usually given a salary in exchange for their ministry and are exalted over the laity by titles such as “Reverend,”“Father,” or “His Eminence.”

All first-century Christians were ministers and shared in preaching the good news.
Acts 2:17, 18-“And in the last days,” God says,“I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and YOUR sons and YOUR daughters will prophesy and YOUR young men will see visions and YOUR old men will dream dreams; and even upon my men slaves and upon my women slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.”

Romans 10:10-13-“For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.” For the Scripture says:“None that rest his faith on him will be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Geek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Romans 16:1-I recommend to YOU Phoebe our sister, who is a minster of the congregation that is in Cenchreae

A Christian should “give free,” not for a salary.

Matthew 10:7, 8-As YOU go, preach, saying,‘The kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ Cure sick people, raise up dead persons, make lepers clean, expel demons. YOU received free, give free.

Jesus strictly forbade the use of religious titles.

Matthew 6:2-Hence when you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full.

Matthew 23:2-12-“The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.

All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the [scripture-containing] cases that they war as safeguards, and enlarge the fringes [of their garments]. They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues, and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men.

But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for one is YOUR Father, the heavenly One.

Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ. But the greatest one among YOU must be YOUR minister. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

“Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in.”

1 Peter 5:1-3-Therefore, to the older men among YOU I give this exhortation, for I too am an older man with [them] and a witness of the sufferings of the Christ, a sharer even of the glory that is to be revealed.

Shepherd the flock of God in YOUR care, not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly; neither as lording it over those who are God’s inheritance, but becoming examples to the flock.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34909 Jun 4, 2013

Images, icons, and crosses are used in worship:“The images ... of Christ, of the Virgin Mother of God, and of the other saints, are to be ... kept in churches and due reverence and honor be paid to them:(Declaration of the Council of Trent [1545-63])

Christians must flee from every sort of idolatry, including so-called relative worship.

Exodus 20:4, 5-“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me,”

1 Corinthians 10:14-Therefore, my beloved ones, flee from idolatry.

1 John 5:21-Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

They worship God not by sight but with spirit and truth.

John 4:23, 24-Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.

2 Corinthians 5:7-for we are walking by faith, not by sight.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34910 Jun 4, 2013

Church members are taught that God’s purpose will be accomplished through politics. The late Cardinal Spellman stated:“There is only one road to peace ... the highroad of democracy.” News items report religion’s involvement in the world’s politics (even in insurrections) and her support of the UN as “the last hope of concord and peace.”

Jesus preached God’s Kingdom, not some political system, as the hope for mankind.

Matthew 4:23-Then he went around throughout the whole of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom and curing every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity among the people.

Matthew 6:9, 10-“YOU must pray, then, this way:“’Our Father in the heavens. Let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place as in heaven, also upon the earth.”

Jesus refused to get involved in politics.

John 6:14, 15-Hence when the men saw the signs he performed, they began to say:“This is for a certainly the prophet that was to come into the world. Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountains all alone.”

His Kingdom was no part of this world; hence, his followers were to be no part of the world.

John 18:36-Jesus answered:“My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

John 17:16-They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

James warned against friendship with the world.

James 4:4-Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Just Think 673,288
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr narcissisticpresi... 981,312
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Highrolla90 445,812
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 5 hr discocrisco 1
News The First Market Test In The Trump Presidency? 5 hr discocrisco 1
News Twentynine Palms - DesertVictorville man suspec... 5 hr discocrisco 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,051
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 hr COOTERDOG 104,720
More from around the web