|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You don't know ANYTHING about your cults history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehov...
And it's true because it is on Wikipedia?

For your information..........

Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles, except in limited cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or, if they choose to, with their real identity.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology fight.
Cool.
Students soul is of the utmost importance to God and myself, as he travels down the wrong path to spiritual death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO.
This is hysterical that JWs are indoctrinated to believe this nonsense.
You crack me up. I DO feel sorry for you. I have pity on delusional cult members, really I do, but you bring it on yourself.
Dogen , you as student are both on the same course, as you both worship in a way that God doesn't authorize, which means you need to get right with God by going to the nearerst CoC and getting baptized and worshipping in spirit and in truth, because as it stands you're both lost. You talk about his religion being a false religion and most americans relate the JW's as being a cult of lost souls without a doubt. They are recognized as one of the most bizarre religious group known to all in their doctrine. As for your religion you to are far from worshipping in spirit and in truth. But I would love for you to mention just one thing the CoC doesn't do according to the bible, but I know you would be unable to achieve that one mistake as we go according to the bible. It's easy to see the JW's mistakes as theyhave so many and your religion has some that isn't authorized by God . their is one way to worship God, and only one way, and that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

yon wrote:
Changing the Sabbath?
Ignoring Dietary Law?
Bringing his name to nothingness like all other denominations?
Ignoring Feast Days?
Sunday is the Lord's day. Eat what you want, because there is no restriction on what you can eat. Nothingness is what you're believing in, instead you should be believing in God the Father and Jesus Christ our savior. The CoC is non denominational . Feast days, what feast days are you referring to? The CoC is where you need to be if you desire to worship in spirit and in truth and get to heaven, as you are now your lost. Do as the bible tells you in the new testament and you will become a member of the CoC, it's as simple as that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a historical fact worth noting that in the March 1880 edition of the Watch Tower magazine identified the year 1914 as the time for the close of “the appointed times of the nations”(and the end of the lease of power granted the Gentile rulers). This was some 34 years before the arrival of that year and the momentous events it initiated.
In the August 30, 1914, edition of The World, a leading New York newspaper at that time, a feature article in the paper’s Sunday magazine section commented on this as follows:“The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students’... have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914.”
In Bible prophecy,“last days” or comparable expressions such as “final part of the days” were used to designate a time when events of history culminate.(Eze 38:8, 16; Da 10:14)
The content of the prophecy fixes the starting point of the “final part of the days” when the foretold events would begin to occur. Those living at the time of the prophecy’s fulfillment could therefore be spoken of as living in the “last days” or the “final part of the days.” Depending upon the nature of the prophecy, this may be a period covering just a few years or many and can apply to widely separated time periods.
Student, to say this in regards to the 10 failed attempts in predicting the Lord's coming was a misunderstanding of words used is the most unbelievable thing I have ever heard. I suggest you go back to the archives on sites other than the JW's to see what was really said, and you will see it wasn't what you said at all. I remember in 1975 when people committed suicide because of this, your members who lost jobs, there homes, all in the name of your religion. Try reading one of the major newspapers and see for yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will refresh your memory on 1975, as I was alive and kicking and know first hand what your religion did to these poor lost souls

Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch...
By Ahouseisnotahome ·
7 min ·
20,625 views ·
Added Jul 14, 2008

Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies Ahouseisnotahome ... 7:50 Jehovah's Witnesses Commit The Unforgivable Sin by JWMediaFilms 74,649 views
Suicide is also highest with people belonging to the JW's

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Suicide: Why do Jehovah's Witnesses have a rate far exceeding …

www.youtube.com/watch...
By JWMediaFilms ·
3 min ·
26,490 views ·
Added May 26, 2009

... mental illness including depression resulting in suicide is a major problem with Jehovah's ... 1:00 View on Jehovah's Witnesses 1975 Watchtower

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I urge all people to read this in regards to the JW's mental illness issues which are brought on by their false doctrine. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/19...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

http://youtu.be/cqN2XsVhL3Q Listen to the JW's talk about what 1975 means and you will know for sure without a doubt what is being said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Sundown Sept, 5 1975 according to the JW's means,, http://youtu.be/oaXbBVVoeEQ

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Listen to them say how they told their members to sell their homes and give the money to the JW's headquarters. http://youtu.be/oaXbBVVoeEQ

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Student, may this help you see the true light and get right with God and flee from this false religion as fast as you can. They are nothing more than wolves in sheeps clothing, and God will take vengenance on them and put them where they belong, out of his sight forever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Remember this student as you said this was a bunch of lies, no student you are the liar. Now everybody can see you as you really are, a liar.

Mulino, OR

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday May 9

Working for the Lord wrote:

Sadly the Jehovah Witnesses are one of the most confused people when it comes to comprehending the bible. Their interpretations are easily seen to be so far off from what the bible says. They have on so many occassions attempted to tell the world that on several different dates that the Lord was coming. The worst was in 1975 when members again were told the Lord was coming and were told to sell there posessions and not to buy anything or to apply for college and on and on. This was the worst ever as many committed suicide, didn't have jobs because most had quit their job because the Lord was coming. They believe that blood transfusion is a sin, which it isn't, they believe in a new earth and only 144,000 will be on it. This is a tragic case of total ignorance of the bible.
Where have you gotten your information? This is a bunch of lies.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
They are one and the same. All the personalities are fragments of one whole personality.
Interesting.
Dogen wrote:
Yeshua ben Sirach or Yeshua the Nazorean.
Very good! Of course, I could say: Well why wouldn't it be Yehoshua, etc., but that's not the direction I'm going in. Instead, I ask: Was it wrong for Tertius to write 'Yeshua' as 'Iesous' in Greek?

If no, why not? It was clearly deliberate. If yes, why is it in the bible?
Dogen wrote:
It is an imperfect system, but it is the best we have ever had.
No comment.
Dogen wrote:
Learning is fine no matter what the source. But learning is not the same as an education nor is an education equivalent to being a scholar (much less a professional one) in the sense of following the scholarly method.
Kudos for continuing to learn.
Thank you. And while I do understand your point, I'm of the belief that the basic blocks of logical reasoning and learning are relatively easy to grasp, and yet mastering them allows you to deduce at the same rate as those 'formally educated'.
Dogen wrote:
As to the definition of scholar, according to the definition of a wagon it is something with wheels and I have wheels therefore I am a wagon.
IF the definition of wagon were, in fact, something with wheels, and if you did, in fact, have wheels, then yes, you would be a wagon based on your own definition.(Hume's fork saves the day again! Yay!)

I'd argue that the apparent logical contradiction of this statement is induced by an interesting use of the informal fallacy of Equivocation -- a redefinition. First, you define a wagon as something with wheels, then conclude that if you have wheels you are a wagon, with the implied argument that it is ridiculous, because you cannot be a wagon (this is where the redefinition occurs and changes from "something with wheels" to the actual definition of wagon as defined by dictioanry.com : "any of various kinds of four-wheeled vehicles designed to be pulled or having its own motor and ranging from a child's toy to a commercial vehicle for the transport of heavy loads, delivery, etc.") Since you are not a wagon by the usual definition, then the implication continues that standard definitions are not solid bases for arguments.

Of course, it all falls apart when it becomes clear that they are not solid bases for arguments *only* when a fallacy, inaccuracy or incorrect context is introduced. If you had the right definition for wagon or at the least didn't redefine it (implicitly) then your ultimate conclusion (also implicit) that definitions aren't solid, would fall apart.

Hopefully that made sense.
Dogen wrote:
Again, the dictionary definition is simply a summary of how a word is used. All words are defined more specifically in the context in which they are used. Therefore if I talk about a mouse without context you are not sure which definition of mouse I am using. If I say the mouse is not tracking well and needs new batteries then you know in what sense I am using the term.
True, and dictionaries often offer an idea of how terms are defined in different contexts. For example, if someone talks about typing with their computer mouse (not because they are clicking letters on-screen but because of a misunderstanding of what the keyboard is) any dictionary will prove that in computers, the term mouse only applies to the "pointing device".

In the context of theology as we were discussing it, the definition of scholar as "a learned or erudite person, especially one who has profound knowledge of a particular subject" seemed to fit. And it would apply to me. If you meant to say someone who has a doctorate in theology, or someone who you think is a scholar, then you should have said that as opposed to redefining scholar to fit your needs -- but to each his own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

yon wrote:
CoC - Which part of the Bible is your religion based on?
e one that God says, the new testament.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer my question?
The New Testament, the one that Jesus Christ was crucified and was raised from the dead as we do in baptism. We are buried in his death and raised in newness of life as a Christian. You must be a member of the only true church which is spoken of and which Jesus said he would build and did. That is the ONLY church where you can worship in spirit and in truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's true because it is on Wikipedia?
For your information..........
Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles, except in limited cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or, if they choose to, with their real identity.

Have I not mentioned that quoting things where you do not provide a citation or even quote marks is illegal, immoral and dishonest.

Exactly the sort of behavior I expect a cult member to engage in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About

BTW, Wikipedia has been found to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica while being much wider ranging and more in depth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

<quoted text> Dogen , you as student are both on the same course, as you both worship in a way that God doesn't authorize, which means you need to get right with God by going to the nearerst CoC and getting baptized and worshipping in spirit and in truth, because as it stands you're both lost. You talk about his religion being a false religion and most americans relate the JW's as being a cult of lost souls without a doubt. They are recognized as one of the most bizarre religious group known to all in their doctrine. As for your religion you to are far from worshipping in spirit and in truth. But I would love for you to mention just one thing the CoC doesn't do according to the bible, but I know you would be unable to achieve that one mistake as we go according to the bible. It's easy to see the JW's mistakes as theyhave so many and your religion has some that isn't authorized by God . their is one way to worship God, and only one way, and that
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I have provided you with entire websites listing the errors in CoC theology. Obviously you are afraid of looking at them.

But in the end I don't think you are so screwed up as to lose salvation (even in spite of your errors about what salvation is) so you are not my top priority.

"Student" however is way off course and has been deceived by Satan.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

<quoted text> The CoC is non denominational .

ROTFLMSFAO!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

<quoted text> Maybe this will refresh your memory on 1975, as I was alive and kicking and know first hand what your religion did to these poor lost souls
Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch...
By Ahouseisnotahome ·
7 min ·
20,625 views ·
Added Jul 14, 2008
Jehovah's Witness 1975 testimonies Ahouseisnotahome ... 7:50 Jehovah's Witnesses Commit The Unforgivable Sin by JWMediaFilms 74,649 views
Suicide is also highest with people belonging to the JW's

I have not heard that the suicide rate among JWs is the highest, though I know it is higher than the general population. The incidents of mental illness is also very high.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

371 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 1,604
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 115,599
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 min Sijo 430
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 9 min YES 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min scaritual 722,121
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 15 min whogivesarstsbutt 25
Gusto ko po sana magampon ng baby. (Dec '13) 21 min jazzlen 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Commander Bunny 256,963
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 533,566