Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34774 May 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Explore our site. Read the Bible online. Learn more about us and our beliefs.
www.jw.org
Student, what is your thoughts on attempting to predict the Lord's coming TEN times and TEN times being wrong? To attempt this you have sinned, because you did something that God had already told you that you have no way in knowing when this will occur, so why did your church go against what God said you are not allowed to know ? So please explain why you deliberately sinned against God, please answer.

Location hidden

#34775 May 27, 2013
yon wrote:
ps - I was in the organization for over 10 years - I don't need to learn any more
You're right, so why do you confuse yourself by doing this when it's obviously doing nothing but getting farther from the truth. The Church of Christ is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH ON THE PLANET, so stop confusing yourself and study and see the truth of the bible. Try proving the CoC wrong, and by doing so you'll prove the CoC the only church worshipping in spirit and in truth.

Location hidden

#34777 May 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Text: Psalm 37:1-22
I. I believe that all here understand that the earth was never created to be a permanent home to mankind
A. In contrast to Jesus’ words, the earth and its heaven will cease - Mark 13:31
B. God is eternal, but the world He made will wear out and be cast away - Hebrews 1:10-12
C. The physical world is temporary - II Corinthians 4:18
II. II Peter 3:10 - The very elements, the substance of the world, will be destroyed
A. The Jehovah Witnesses object saying it is like the flood. The people were destroyed, but the world remained to be repopulated.
1. However, look at verse 6. The word “world” does refer to the population, but the in verse 10 the word is “earth.”
2. Not only is the earth destroy, but also the heavens. In the plural sense this refers to both the sky and outer space.
B. Another attempt is to translate “destroyed” as “discovered”
1. Actually, some variant manuscripts do include the word “discovered” at the end of verse 10.
2. However, the variants still contain “in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat”
3. In addition II Peter 3:12 reads the same, even in the variant manuscripts.
4. If “discovered” was the proper ending in verse 10, it would mean “discovered for destruction”. Its presence does not alter the overall meaning of the text.
III. A subtle piece of evidence
A. Genesis 8:22 tells us that as long as the earth remains, the cycle of day and night will not end.
B. Yet in end, there will be no night in the new Jerusalem - Revelation 21:23-25
C. You can’t claim it is just in heaven - Revelation 21:10
D. With the ending of night, the implication is the ending of the earth
IV. Verses used to support the claim of an eternal earth
A. The claim is that God’s purpose in creating the world was to create a paradise that was lost by Adam and Eve.
1. God’s purpose cannot be thwarted. Hence, God will accomplish His plan in the future.
2. The problem with the argument is that the Bible doesn’t say that God intended to make this world a paradise.
3. The blessings are in the heavenly places - Ephesians 1:3-4
4. God’s eternal purpose is in Christ, not in the earth - Ephesians 3:10-11
5. It was God’s eternal purpose to save mankind through Jesus - II Timothy 1:9-10
B. Some use Isaiah 45:18 and argue that the earth cannot be destroyed because God made it to be inhabited. If it was destroyed then it was created in vain.
1. The fault here is that the earth has been inhabited and God’s purpose in using this world has been accomplished.
2. When a house is built, it might stand for generations, but eventually it becomes too old to maintain. Eventually it is torn down to make room for something else. Does this mean that the builder of the home made it in vain? Of course not, it served as a dwelling for many years. It served its purpose.
3. Recall Hebrews 1:10-12 - The world will wear out and be discarded.
C. Another favorite verse is Psalm 37:9-11
1. The argument is that meek have not yet inherited the earth, so it remains to be fulfilled in the future. Thus, they claim, the earth will remain forever (see verse 18).
2. First, the word translated “earth” is a general term which can refer to the earth as a whole or in part.
a. For instance it can be translated “land” as in Psalm 105:42-45 which refers to Israel inheriting the land of Canaan after their wanderings in the wilderness.
b. That inheritance would remain so long as Israel remained faithful - Deuteronomy 16:20
c. If they sinned, God would remove them from the land - Deuteronomy 28:58-64
d. If they repent, God would return them to their inheritance - Deuteronomy 30:1-5

Location hidden

#34778 May 27, 2013
Final part, Text: Psalm

3. Such did happen to the Israelites

a. The northern tribes were removed from their inheritance - II Kings 21:13-15

b. The southern tribes’ inheritance was given to others - Lamentations 5:1-2

c. Yet God promised to let Israel return to its inheritance, but the nations who lived in the land could remain if they turned to God - Jeremiah 12:14-17; Ezekiel 47:13-14, 21-23

d. It was the faithful, the meek, the righteous who were allowed to return to the inheritance.- Zephaniah 3:10-13; Zechariah 8:6-12

D. A similar verse is Matthew 5:5

1. In this verse, no mention is made of eternity

2. God gives favor to the afflicted, the humble or the meek (depending on your translation)- Psalm 147:6

3. As we showed “inherit the earth” is an allusion to possessing the land of Canaan - Judges 18:9-10

4. It was the land of rest - Deuteronomy 12:10

5. Israel did not remain faithful and could not possess the land of rest, so such a place of rest remains - Hebrews 4:3-11

6. That rest will come when the first things (this world) has passed away - Revelation 21:4

7. Our inheritance is in heaven - I Peter 1:3-4

E. But God said the earth abides forever - Psalm 104:5; Ecclesiastes 1:4

1. The word “forever” does not necessarily mean eternity.

a. The same word is used in Ecclesiastes 1:10 to describe the ancient times before. The world had a definite starting point. It has not existed eternally.

b. Sacrifices were “forever”- Leviticus 24:9. Yet those sacrifices came to an end - Hebrews 9:25-28

c. The temple was built to be used forever - II Chronicles 2:4. Yet that temple no longer stands

2. In reality the word is defined to mean a long, indefinite period of time.

F. Those looking for an eternal earth, ignore the fulfillment in the New Testament - Isaiah 11:1-10

1. They point out that the lion hasn’t lain with the lamb

2. But note that Paul quotes this passage and applies it to Christ - Romans 15:12

G. Probably a more humorous passage used is Isaiah 65:21-25

1. A beautiful description of paradise.

2. But notice the verses prior - Isaiah 65:17-20

3. Think that this is describing heaven or as the Jehovah Witnesses claim, a paradise on earth? Look again at verse 20. There are sinners present!(By the way, even the New World Translation mentions this.)

4. In heaven, righteousness dwells - II Peter 3:12-13

5. Sinners are not present there - Matthew 25:46

V. No, the earth is not meant to remain for eternity

A. It has a purpose and will one day wear out.

B. God has promised to destroy it

C. Yet a promised land of rest remains. One that is truly eternal.

D. It is reserved for the faithful, the meek, the righteous.

E. Will you not become a child of the promise?- Galatians 3:26-29

Location hidden

#34779 May 27, 2013
yon wrote:
jw's seem to have this idea that since Messiah died there is no law - like now it's once saved always saved unless you get disfellowshipped for breaking one of their commandments that are never enumerated.
Once saved always saved is a false statement, as a child can become lost once saved.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34788 May 28, 2013
yon wrote:
The thing that really bothered me was their "judicial process" where no witnesses are allowed, no tapes, no representation and virtually no appeal from the decision of their secret tribunals that can keep you in limbo for years.

That is pretty typical cult behavior. No transparency, no review, no explanation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34789 May 28, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Monday, May 27
The one listening to counsel is wise.—Prov. 12:15.
If elders observe that some questionable conduct is retarding a man’s spiritual progress, they take the initiative to readjust him in a spirit of mildness.(Gal. 6:1) At times, counsel is needed because of some personality trait. If a brother seems somewhat self-sparing, for example, an elder may find it helpful to point out that Jesus was a zealous Kingdom proclaimer who commissioned his followers to make disciples.(Matt. 28:19, 20; Luke 8:1) If a brother appears ambitious, an elder might show him how Jesus helped His disciples to see the dangers of seeking prominence.(Luke 22:24-27) What if a brother has a tendency to be unforgiving? The illustration of the slave who refused to forgive a small debt even though he himself had been forgiven much more would make a powerful point.(Matt. 18:21-35) When counsel is needed, it is good for the elders to provide it at the earliest opportunity.—Prov. 27:9.

Since you have lost every argument and have had your cult exposed I guess spam is all you have left.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34790 May 28, 2013
Student wrote:
Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.
God’s law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes. Neither will the law of the land in most cases allow a divorce to be granted on such grounds. The faithful believer and the apostate or disfellowshiped mate must legally continue to live together and render proper marriage dues one to the other…….“The Watchtower, November 15, 1952,” Questions from Readers, page 703

Bring in the spam.

There has got to be Spam....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34791 May 28, 2013
yon wrote:
Want to respond Student?

To what end?

He is too brainwashed and ignorant to do anything but quote "scripture" (that is watchtower brainwashing tracks).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34793 May 28, 2013
Student wrote:
Yon
I personally have family members that were disfellowshipped and also know several other disfellowshipped people. Only one of them and it not a family member has any hatred toward us. He seems to think that he is God himself and above any of Gods commandments.

Well, of course. That is how watchtowerites are brainwashed to believe. It takes years for people to be deprogrammed.

I do know watchtowerites that have recovered and become real Christians and learned to think for themselves and everything. Not to say they every completely got over the emotional trauma but that is always a work in progress.

Student wrote:
I do not know about your situation, and really do not want to debate any father with you. Why do I take this Stand?
Most true Christians loyally support God and his righteous laws.
(1 Thessalonians 1:2-7

Exactly why we want to debate with you. Until you reject the sham cult of watchtowerism you are not a true Christian.

It has not gone unnoticed that you have been unable to defend your cults evil ways. All you can do is quote watchtower dogma and (on occasion) the bible though that usually out of context or something that you yourself need to read.

If you do not know the answers to our objections then why not just admit it instead of putting up a ruse which is just the same as a lie?

It would bother me if I had no real answers about my religion but could only cut and paste crud from a cult website.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34794 May 28, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the world were you during these 10 years that you say a Jehovah's Witnesses.
The inspired Christian writings state that “Christ is the end of the Law”

Maybe he got educated as to the cults deceptions. Jesus, btw, disagreed with Romans (Not that JW's are interested in what Jesus said).
Student wrote:
<quoted text> So the Ten Commandments—....are part of the Law that came to an end.

So we can go murder, lie and bear false witness! Isn't that wonderful! I guess that is why those things are so popular for the Watchtower. No, rank and file zombies may not be allowed to do those things, but the Watchtower is above any law.

Do you have any idea how many people have DIED because of the Watchtower?

DIED as in DEAD.

But the cult is above culpability for such things. They just pay people off (MILLIONS PER LITIGANT!) with the agreement that they do not publish their story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witn...

==========
And not consuming blood was part of the LAW of the O.T.
==========

Why does your cult keep THAT part of the law and reject the rest?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34796 May 28, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> So what you're saying is God doesn't know how he wants his church set up and how he wants us to worship, which you and I know he does. The CoC claims to be perfect on how to worship and set up the church that God wants it set up. There's a right way and a wrong way, and the CoC does it the right way. I believe your problem is with some of the members who have an attitude problem, which I agree some do, remember this, just because one says their a member of the CoC doesn't mean their heaven bound, it's the one that does the Father's will. The CoC does coes comply fully when it comes to worshipping in spirit and in truth, and God tells us how to do this in the bible, so your church isn't doing God's will as they should be doing.

No, the CoC does it the WRONG way. Their doctrines are unbiblical and based on the incorrect presumptions of its founders.

Here are just a few of the errors of the CoC. The author does get a few things wrong, but the article is mostly accurate.

http://www.av1611.org/jmelton/chchurch.html

They are wrong on the most important of issues: salvation.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34798 May 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he got educated as to the cults deceptions. Jesus, btw,
So we can go murder, lie and bear false witness! Isn't that wonderful! I guess that is why those things are so popular for the Watchtower. No, rank and file zombies may not be allowed to do those things, but the Watchtower is above any law.
Do you have any idea how many people have DIED because of the Watchtower?
DIED as in DEAD.
The Christian Greek Scriptures are full of laws, commands, and decrees that the Christian is bound to observe.
Re 14:12- Here is where it means endurance for the holy ones, those who observe the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”
1Jo 5:2, 3- By this we gain the knowledge that we are loving the children of God, when we are loving God and doing his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

1 Jo 4:21- And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.

1 Jo 3:22-24- and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and are doing the things that are pleasing in his eyes. 23 Indeed, this is his commandment, that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and be loving one another, just as he gave us commandment. 24 Moreover, he who observes his commandments remains in union with him, and he in union with such one; and by this we gain the knowledge that he is remaining in union with us, owing to the spirit which he gave us.

2Jo 4-6- I rejoice very much because I have found certain ones of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father. 5 So now I request you, lady, as [a person] writing you, not a new commandment, but one which we had from [the] beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is what love means, that we go on walking according to his commandments. This is the commandment, just as YOU people have heard from [the] beginning, that YOU should go on walking in it.

Joh 13:34, 35- I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

Joh 14:15-“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments

Joh 15:14- YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU
Although the Ten Words are not legally binding on Christians, these laws continue to offer sound guidelines, as do other commands of the Mosaic Law.
Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34799 May 29, 2013
Although the Ten Words are not legally binding on Christians, these laws continue to offer sound guidelines, as do other commands of the Mosaic Law.

For instance, Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are those requiring love of God and neighbor.

(Leviticus 19:18-“‘You must not take vengeance nor have a grudge against the sons of your people; and you must love your fellow as yourself. I am Jehovah.

Deuteronomy 6:5- And you must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.

Matthew 22:37-40
He said to him:“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this,‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”)

In counseling Roman Christians, Paul cited the sixth, seventh, eighth, and tenth commandments, adding:“And whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this word, namely,‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’”

(Romans 13:8-10
8 Do not YOU people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled [the] law. 9 For the [law code],“You must not commit adultery, You must not murder, You must not steal, You must not covet,” and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this word, namely,“You must love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore love is the law’s fulfillment.)

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34800 May 29, 2013
So, then, as part of God’s inspired Word, what purpose do the Ten Commandments serve today?

They reveal Jehovah’s viewpoint on matters.

(2 Timothy 3:16, 17
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.)

Consider how they do this.

The first four commandments highlight our responsibilities toward Jehovah.(First) He is a God who still exacts exclusive devotion.

(Matthew 4:10- Then Jesus said to him:“Go away, Satan! For it is written,‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”)

(Second) None of his worshipers should use images.
(1 John 5:21- Little children, guard yourselves from idol)

(Third) Our use of God’s name should be proper and dignified, never disrespectful.

(John 17:26- And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.

Romans 10:13- For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”)

(Fourth) Our whole life should revolve around sacred matters. This enables us to rest, or ‘take a sabbath,’ from a course of self-righteousness.

(Hebrews 4:9, 10- So there remains a sabbath resting for the people of God. 10 For the man that has entered into [God’s] rest has also himself rested from his own works, just as God did from his own.)

(Fifth) The obedience of children to their parents continues to serve as the cornerstone of family unity, bringing with it Jehovah’s blessings. And what a marvelous hope this “first command with a promise” offers! It is not only “that it may go well with you” but also that “you may endure a long time on the earth.”

(Ephesians 6:1-3- Children, be obedient to YOUR parents in union with [the] Lord, for this is righteous: 2 “Honor your father and [your] mother”; which is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with you and you may endure a long time on the earth.”)

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34801 May 29, 2013
Love for our neighbor will prevent us from causing him harm through such wicked deeds as

(Sixth) murder,

(Seventh) adultery,

(Eighth) stealing, and

(Ninth) making false statements.

(1 John 3:10-12- The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.

Hebrews 13:4- Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.

Ephesians 4:28- Let the stealer steal no more, but rather let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need.

Matthew 5:37- Just let YOUR word Yes mean Yes, YOUR No, No; for what is in excess of these is from the wicked one.

Proverbs 6:16-19- There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers.)

The (Tenth) commandment, against covetousness, reminds us that Jehovah requires that our intentions always be upright in his eyes.

(Proverbs 21:2- Every way of a man is upright in his own eyes, but Jehovah is making an estimate of hearts)

What a wealth of meaning we find in the Ten Commandments! Based as they are on divine principles that will never be out-of-date, we should prize them as precious reminders of our obligation to love God and our neighbor.

(Matthew 22:37-39- 37 He said to him:“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this,‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34803 May 29, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Student, what is your thoughts on attempting to predict the Lord's coming TEN times and TEN times being wrong? To attempt this you have sinned, because you did something that God had already told you that you have no way in knowing when this will occur, so why did your church go against what God said you are not allowed to know ? So please explain why you deliberately sinned against God, please answer.
Yes, Jehovah’s people have had to revise expectations from time to time. Because of our eagerness, we have hoped for the new system earlier than Jehovah’s timetable has called for it. But we display our faith in God’s Word and its sure promises by declaring its message to others.

Moreover, the need to revise our understanding somewhat does not make us false prophets or change the fact that we are living in “the last days,” soon to experience the “great tribulation” that will pave the way for the earthly Paradise. How foolish to take the view that expectations needing some adjustment should call into question the whole body of truth! The evidence is clear that Jehovah has used and is continuing to use his one organization, with “the faithful and discreet slave” taking the lead. Hence, we feel like Peter, who said:“Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.”(John 6:68)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34805 May 29, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian Greek Scriptures are full of laws, commands, and decrees that the Christian is bound to observe.
Re 14:12- Here is where it means endurance for the holy ones, those who observe the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.”
1Jo 5:2, 3- By this we gain the knowledge that we are loving the children of God, when we are loving God and doing his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,
1 Jo 4:21- And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.
1 Jo 3:22-24- and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and are doing the things that are pleasing in his eyes. 23 Indeed, this is his commandment, that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and be loving one another, just as he gave us commandment. 24 Moreover, he who observes his commandments remains in union with him, and he in union with such one; and by this we gain the knowledge that he is remaining in union with us, owing to the spirit which he gave us.
2Jo 4-6- I rejoice very much because I have found certain ones of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father. 5 So now I request you, lady, as [a person] writing you, not a new commandment, but one which we had from [the] beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is what love means, that we go on walking according to his commandments. This is the commandment, just as YOU people have heard from [the] beginning, that YOU should go on walking in it.
Joh 13:34, 35- I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”
Joh 14:15-“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments
Joh 15:14- YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU
Cont...

So you are saying that members of the Watchtower cult are not followers of Jesus nor of Yahweh.

Thank you. That is the answer I was looking for.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34806 May 29, 2013
Student wrote:
Love for our neighbor will prevent us from causing him harm through such wicked deeds as
(Sixth) murder,
(Seventh) adultery,
(Eighth) stealing, and
(Ninth) making false statements.
(1 John 3:10-12- The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.
Hebrews 13:4- Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.
Ephesians 4:28- Let the stealer steal no more, but rather let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need.
Matthew 5:37- Just let YOUR word Yes mean Yes, YOUR No, No; for what is in excess of these is from the wicked one.
Proverbs 6:16-19- There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers.)
The (Tenth) commandment, against covetousness, reminds us that Jehovah requires that our intentions always be upright in his eyes.
(Proverbs 21:2- Every way of a man is upright in his own eyes, but Jehovah is making an estimate of hearts)
What a wealth of meaning we find in the Ten Commandments! Based as they are on divine principles that will never be out-of-date, we should prize them as precious reminders of our obligation to love God and our neighbor.
(Matthew 22:37-39- 37 He said to him:“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this,‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’)

Blah, blah, blah for 4 posts. Anyone read beyond the first post?

Me neither.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34807 May 29, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jehovah’s people have had to revise expectations from time to time. Because of our eagerness, we have hoped for the new system earlier than Jehovah’s timetable has called for it. But we display our faith in God’s Word and its sure promises by declaring its message to others.
Moreover, the need to revise our understanding somewhat does not make us false prophets or change the fact that we are living in “the last days,” soon to experience the “great tribulation” that will pave the way for the earthly Paradise. How foolish to take the view that expectations needing some adjustment should call into question the whole body of truth! The evidence is clear that Jehovah has used and is continuing to use his one organization, with “the faithful and discreet slave” taking the lead. Hence, we feel like Peter, who said:“Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.”(John 6:68)

Yahweh never changes but the Watchtower cult is always changing and always covering their changes with deception and lies.

Typical cult behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min House 272,418
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min It aint necessari... 864,884
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 26 min DTC 484
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr chirag parmar 197
sex (May '13) 1 hr vapi btm 180
Interracial Dating 2 hr white stud 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Mia Copa 599,783
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Dennis 42
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 10 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web