Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#34733 May 26, 2013
Big Statement here::: The LAW that Moses brought to the Children of Israel was incomplete (John 6:32,33);(Revelation 12:10). In other words it was not EVERY WORD that proceeded out of the mouth of God (John 3:14; Numbers 21:8,9). The Reason was, is because the Children of Israel stood afar off from God when he was coming down to meet them right after they were set free from bondage in Egypt (Exodus 20:18-21; Mathew 13:19). The Law without EVERY WORD (Grace) that proceeds out of the mouth of GOD is Satan (Revelation 12:9). Jesus came to fulfill the LAW so that it's destructive power over Mankind could be abolished (2 Corinthians 3:12-16);(Mathew 5:17). The Old Testament was incomplete it was Minus one thing (The Spirit of GOD)------LOVE. Mathew 13:17; Romans 13:9,10; 2 Corinthians 3:17,18; 1 John 4:8,20,21
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34734 May 26, 2013
Daily Text

Sunday, May 26

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls.—Matt. 11:29.

As Christians, we have been comforted by learning about Jesus Christ and by walking in his footsteps. Learning about Jesus’ upbuilding way of treating people and then following his positive example is in itself a great help in relieving the stress that we may experience. We can also be comforted by fellow Christians. For example, consider how the elders in the congregation help those facing distressing situations. The disciple James wrote:“Is there anyone [spiritually] sick among you? Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him.” With what result?“The prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.”(Jas. 5:14, 15) Other members of the congregation can provide comfort as well. w11 10/15 4:9, 10
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34737 May 26, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
No sensible response because there is none
Explore our site. Read the Bible online. Learn more about us and our beliefs.

www.jw.org
socci

Montreal, MO

#34738 May 26, 2013
JW were founded out of the 1844 Miller movement like Adventist, yet JW dont seem to know what this Bible truth is about?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34741 May 26, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you never use the Bible in any of your postings. So how would you know what God Words really says.
The person who reasons that the Bible may—in part at least—be simply the product of human thinking may try to justify his disregard for what it says in an attempt to escape trouble. Yet in doing so, he may actually be sacrificing the prospect of eternal life.
Said Jesus Christ:“Whoever seeks to keep his soul safe for himself will lose it, but whoever loses it will preserve it alive.”(Luke 17:33)
It is, therefore, of far more than passing interest to consider how the Bible, a book written by men, is truly God’s Word. Our very life is involved.

I see you always misuse the Bible in any of your postings. So how would you know what God Words really says.

The rest of your post seems to be talking to yourself, so for your own benefit I will repeat it to you.

The person who reasons that the Bible may—in part at least—be simply the product of human thinking may try to justify his disregard for what it says in an attempt to escape trouble. Yet in doing so, he may actually be sacrificing the prospect of eternal life.
Said Jesus Christ:“Whoever seeks to keep his soul safe for himself will lose it, but whoever loses it will preserve it alive.”(Luke 17:33)
It is, therefore, of far more than passing interest to consider how the Bible, a book written by men, is truly God’s Word. Our very life is involved.

I hope you found your words to be helpful.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34742 May 26, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.
13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

So the Jews are Gods people. Who knew!?

Notice how Satan created a mocking and cheap imitation of the Jews in the watchtower cult.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34743 May 26, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
www.jw.org

That is to keep you away from real information.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34744 May 26, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text .....

No one appreciates spam in forum discussions.

Here is something for you to run in terror of:

It is not "considered" a mistake. It was a mistake. The translator simply did not understand the diacritical makings in Hebrew and simply IGNORED them.

His translation was "correct" based on that incorrect assumption. Shouldn't you know about what you are talking about before you talk about it?

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text> Being a way it's said in English and being the original pronunciation is quite different.

GIGO. The way it is said in English is Yahweh.

There are many names for God in English, including (gasp) "God"! They ALL come from other languages (Mostly Hebrew & Greek)

Elohim (actually another aspect of God or Yahweh).
El Shaddai
El Elyon
El Olam
El
Theos
Lord (Kurios)
Master (Despotes)
Father
Abba (Dad)
Yahweh Elohim
Yahweh Yireh
Yahweh Nissi
Yahweh Shalom
Yahweh Sabbaoth
Yahweh Maccaddeshcem
Yahweh Ro’i
Yahweh Tsidkenu
Yahweh Shammah
Yahweh Elohim Israel:

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text> Language is a tool to convey meaning. To the majority of people I meet and talk to, Jehovah holds more meaning than Yahweh.

I must run in more educated circles.

You know that? You know that I've been brainwashed?

Yes. This I know for a fact.

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text> You know I actually studied brainwashing in sociology?....It literally holds no value.

Ooooh and undergrad Sociology class. Wow.

The term "brain-washing" is pop psychology, but it refers to a real thing. Indoctrination is a better term.

Typical "brainwashing" (or indoctrination) techniques (all of which are use by the watchtower cult to some extent) are:

Repeating ideas or slogans - very popular in politics as well. In the end the repetition wins out over the facts supporting what is repeated. "Millions now living will never die..."

Source Amnesia - Another JW favorite.

Isolation - cutting you off from outsiders till you are fully indoctrinated.(AKA Milieu Control)

Induced dependency - Your safe because your one of us now.

Dread - fear of losing the acceptance, love, favor of the group of you waiver.

Controlling information by restricting what you read or watch. The Watchtower does this by 'inoculating' against external information.
Wiring for agreement.

Shame

"free love"

black and white choices

Thought reform
(Jw examples at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/be ...)

Us vs. Them (and making you feel good about being "Us".

Decreasing sense of self in favor of a sense of WE or Us.

"We must be following God because everyone is against us"

Decreasing cognitive dissonance.

You might want to look at Post-cult trauma.
"Post cult Trauma".
http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/10 ...

Of course I recommend any of the dozens of online JW recovery groups. It is better to hear it from a former member who found out the truth.

Of course if you are afraid.....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34745 May 26, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
www.jw.org

And when you do that you will see the cult as the spawn of satan that it is.

Who but satan would inspire the "artwork" that I have exposed embedded in the JW literature.

Does the Watchtower publish a running total of the millions of dollars it spends in settling cases to keep them out of the courts and public record?

I wonder why that is?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34746 May 26, 2013
yon wrote:
ps - I was in the organization for over 10 years - I don't need to learn any more

I am sorry to hear that. My indoctrination by the CoC's seemed like a whirlwind, but in reality it was about 2 years. I was badly hurt for awhile. I have read the stories of a number of former "Witnesses". It seems like leaving them is something that builds up slowly (without even real awareness that it is happening) then it falls apart all at once.

The is from my reading of a limited number of survivor stories. How was it for you?

Do you feel God, in his mercy, led you away from the cult?

Any specifics that tipped you off to the JWs not being all they claimed to be?
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34750 May 26, 2013
Daily Text

Monday, May 27

The one listening to counsel is wise.—Prov. 12:15.

If elders observe that some questionable conduct is retarding a man’s spiritual progress, they take the initiative to readjust him in a spirit of mildness.(Gal. 6:1) At times, counsel is needed because of some personality trait. If a brother seems somewhat self-sparing, for example, an elder may find it helpful to point out that Jesus was a zealous Kingdom proclaimer who commissioned his followers to make disciples.(Matt. 28:19, 20; Luke 8:1) If a brother appears ambitious, an elder might show him how Jesus helped His disciples to see the dangers of seeking prominence.(Luke 22:24-27) What if a brother has a tendency to be unforgiving? The illustration of the slave who refused to forgive a small debt even though he himself had been forgiven much more would make a powerful point.(Matt. 18:21-35) When counsel is needed, it is good for the elders to provide it at the earliest opportunity.—Prov. 27:9.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34757 May 27, 2013
Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

God’s law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes. Neither will the law of the land in most cases allow a divorce to be granted on such grounds. The faithful believer and the apostate or disfellowshiped mate must legally continue to live together and render proper marriage dues one to the other…….“The Watchtower, November 15, 1952,” Questions from Readers, page 703
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34762 May 27, 2013
Yon

I personally have family members that were disfellowshipped and also know several other disfellowshipped people. Only one of them and it not a family member has any hatred toward us. He seems to think that he is God himself and above any of Gods commandments.

I do not know about your situation, and really do not want to debate any father with you. Why do I take this Stand?

Most true Christians loyally support God and his righteous laws.

(1 Thessalonians 1:2-7
2 We always thank God when we make mention concerning all of YOU in our prayers, 3 for we bear incessantly in mind YOUR faithful work and [your] loving labor and [your] endurance due to [your] hope in our Lord Jesus Christ before our God and Father. 4 For we know, brothers loved by God, his choosing of YOU, 5 because the good news we preach did not turn up among YOU with speech alone but also with power and with holy spirit and strong conviction, just as YOU know what sort of men we became to YOU for YOUR sakes; 6 and YOU became imitators of us and of the Lord, seeing that YOU accepted the word under much tribulation with joy of holy spirit, 7 so that YOU came to be an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.

Hebrews 6:10-12
For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering. 11 But we desire each one of YOU to show the same industriousness so as to have the full assurance of the hope down to the end, 12 in order that YOU may not become sluggish, but be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.)
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34765 May 27, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't - eg - The Sabbath, eating pork, and keeping the Biblical Feast Days. Not to mention writing off Israel.
Read Exodus 12, Lev 23 and Romans 11
Yahweh never changed his mind.
1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have known Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4 The one saying, I have known Him, and not keeping His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in that one.
1Jn 2:5 But whoever keeps His Word, truly in this one the love of YAHWEH has been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him.
1Jn 2:6 The one claiming to rest in Him, ought to walk, himself, even as He walked.
Where in the world were you during these 10 years that you say a Jehovah's Witnesses.

The inspired Christian writings state that “Christ is the end of the Law”

(Romans 10:4- For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.)

Which results in Christians’ being “discharged from the Law.”

(Romans 7:6- But now we have been discharged from the Law, because we have died to that by which we were being held fast, that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit, and not in the old sense by the written code.)

Jesus did say:“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.”(Matthew 5:17)

Since Christ fulfilled the Law, are Christians obligated to keep the weekly Sabbath?

Under inspiration, the apostle Paul answers at Colossians 2:16, 17:“Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”

Those inspired words suggest quite a change in God’s requirements for his servants. Why the change?

Because Christians are under a new law,“the law of the Christ.”(Galatians 6:2)

The former Law covenant given through Moses to Israel came to an end when Jesus’ death fulfilled it.(Romans 10:4; Ephesians 2:15)

Did the commandment about keeping the Sabbath also come to an end? Yes. After saying that “we have been discharged from the Law,” Paul went on to refer to one of the Ten Commandments.(Romans 7:6, 7)

So the Ten Commandments—including the Sabbath law—are part of the Law that came to an end. God’s worshippers, therefore, are no longer required to observe a weekly Sabbath.

If you have the Watchtower of February 1, 2010 page 14, I would suggest you read it. The article is “Should You Keep the Weekly Sabbath?”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34767 May 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are confusing the Church of God with the the Church of God.
Make sure you are looking at information for the correct church.
And remember, they do not claim to be perfect. Part of their doctrine is reexamination of the faith via scripture and historic information.
Lastly, I have fully admitted that I do not agree with all of the Church of God's doctrine. As I have found no denomination near me that agrees fully with the scripture (JW's and CoC are among the many epic failures). I have chosen to have some part of a church that is worshiping God and willingly deal with their failings as they do with mine.
So what you're saying is God doesn't know how he wants his church set up and how he wants us to worship, which you and I know he does. The CoC claims to be perfect on how to worship and set up the church that God wants it set up. There's a right way and a wrong way, and the CoC does it the right way. I believe your problem is with some of the members who have an attitude problem, which I agree some do, remember this, just because one says their a member of the CoC doesn't mean their heaven bound, it's the one that does the Father's will. The CoC does coes comply fully when it comes to worshipping in spirit and in truth, and God tells us how to do this in the bible, so your church isn't doing God's will as they should be doing.

Location hidden

#34768 May 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord’s Day, The
By Wayne Jackson
The small island of Patmos is located in the Aegean Sea about fifty-six miles southwest of Ephesus. According to the testimony of history, the apostle John was exiled to this remote region in the reign of the Roman emperor Domitian (A.D. 81-96). Here he received a series of revelations from, and about, Jesus Christ (1:1). Principally, the message of the book is that of the Lord’s eventual victory over all his foes—both political and religious. Added to that is the Savior’s promise that all his people who “overcome” will share the conquest with him (cf. 19:11-16).
Preliminary to a vision of the resurrected-ascended Christ, John records these words:“I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day”(1:10). The special focus of this brief study will be the words “the Lord’s day.”
Some attempt to connect the expression with a similar phrase elsewhere in Scripture,“the day of the Lord”(cf. Isaiah 13:6, 9; 2 Thessalonians 2:2), which, in such contexts, is designed to herald a coming judgment—either temporal or eternal. This view, however, is not supported by the context.
The precise expression,“Lord’s day”(kyriake hemera), is found nowhere else in the New Testament, though similar phrases such as “Lord’s table” and “Lord’s cup” are used in 1 Corinthians 10:21 (see also “Lord’s supper”[11:20]). The adjective form in Revelation 1:10 signifies “pertaining to, belonging to” the Lord. The term “Lord” signifies “ownership”(Kittel, Friedrich, and Bromiley 1985, 493).
“Lord’s day” is found a number of times, however, in early post-apostolic literature. A document called the Didache speaks of observing the breaking of bread on “the Lord’s day”(14:1). Ignatius commented on “no longer observing the Sabbath but living according to the Lord’s day” on which Christ rose from the dead (Magnesians 9). The Epistle of Barnabas asserts that “we [Christians] keep the eighth day for joy on which also Jesus arose from the dead”(15:8f). Justin Martyr contended that Christians gathered for worship “on the day called Sunday”(Apology I.67.1ff).
Though these writings were not inspired, they nonetheless indicate the practice of the early Christians in that era following the deaths of the Lord’s apostles.
It is clear from the body of early historical evidence that Sunday was the day set aside by the followers of Jesus to celebrate the Lord’s resurrection (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:1; John 20:1, ESV)—obviously by divine design. In connection therewith, Christian people reflected upon the Savior’s body and blood in partaking of the communion supper (Matthew 26:26-29; Acts 20:6-7).
The passive voice form “were gathered together,” or “brought together”(Acts 20:7), reflects the fact that the assembly was initiated by an independent source beyond the disciples themselves—doubtless by divine authority. It likewise is apparent that it was on this day that the Christians (specifically in Galatia and Corinth) took a collection to facilitate their work (1 Corinthians 16:1-2). Such was under apostolic “order,” and was the practice “every first day of the week”(v. 2, Greek text; cf. ESV). A reasonable deduction is that this became the practice of the early church universally (cf.“fellowship” koinonia in Acts 2:42; Jackson 2005, 31).

Location hidden

#34770 May 27, 2013
Final part,

In considering the various lines of biblical evidence regarding the Lord’s day, the importance of this day in the lives of the early Christians is evidenced by the fact that, when necessary, they even met at night (Acts 20:7-11). F. F. Bruce notes:“The meeting was held in the evening—a convenient time for many members of the Gentile churches, who were not their own masters and were not free in the daytime”(1988, 384).

Imagine the depth of dedication evidenced by those who had labored hard, perhaps twelve hours (cf. Matthew 20:6), yet were so dedicated to the memory of the crucified Son of God that they could not bear to neglect the Lord’s day worship. What an amazing contrast this is to some today who can only manage to squeeze in a Sunday worship assembly when there is no other “pressing” distraction on their materialistic agenda.

Persecution was a daily reality in the lives of the first-century saints. First it came from the Jews (as seen in the book of Acts), and then more intensely in the post-apostolic period (A.D. 100-313) from the pagans. Simon, the half-brother of Jesus (Mark 6:3), was said to have been crucified. Ignatius of Antioch (in Syria) was torn to shreds by wild beasts in Rome. Polycarp of Smyrna was burned alive. Justin Martyr was beheaded in Rome.

During the reign of Diocletian (303-310), Christians, assembled for worship, experienced horrible deaths as their meeting facilities were burned down around them (Hurlbut 1954, 56). To those dedicated souls, worship on the Lord’s day was a spiritual priority—even if it caused one’s death.

Location hidden

#34772 May 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In a passage that has a direct application to the eating of pork, Paul wrote to Timothy:

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer (1 Timothy 4:1-5, emp. added).

Under the New Law of Christ, it is no longer wrong to eat animals such as pigs or catfish, since such regulations have been removed. Those who want to be accepted by God no longer have to offer up physical animal sacrifices, since Christ offered Himself on the cross as the ultimate, permanent sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 9:28).

When Christ died on the cross, His New Law went into effect (Hebrews 9:16-22). While it is true that some of the things in the Old Law, such as the prohibition to murder or lie, are repeated in the New Law, many regulations were not carried over. The only way to know what God expects of individuals under the New Law is to study the 27 books in the New Testament that contain this law. Ultimately, all people who have lived after Christ’s death on the cross until His Second Coming will be judged by this New Law (see John 12:48).

Location hidden

#34773 May 27, 2013
yon wrote:
Want to respond Student?
In a passage that has a direct application to the eating of pork, Paul wrote to Timothy:

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer (1 Timothy 4:1-5, emp. added).

Under the New Law of Christ, it is no longer wrong to eat animals such as pigs or catfish, since such regulations have been removed. Those who want to be accepted by God no longer have to offer up physical animal sacrifices, since Christ offered Himself on the cross as the ultimate, permanent sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 9:28).

When Christ died on the cross, His New Law went into effect (Hebrews 9:16-22). While it is true that some of the things in the Old Law, such as the prohibition to murder or lie, are repeated in the New Law, many regulations were not carried over. The only way to know what God expects of individuals under the New Law is to study the 27 books in the New Testament that contain this law. Ultimately, all people who have lived after Christ’s death on the cross until His Second Coming will be judged by this New Law (see John 12:48).

Location hidden

#34774 May 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
www.jw.org
Student, what is your thoughts on attempting to predict the Lord's coming TEN times and TEN times being wrong? To attempt this you have sinned, because you did something that God had already told you that you have no way in knowing when this will occur, so why did your church go against what God said you are not allowed to know ? So please explain why you deliberately sinned against God, please answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min Maxxx_Payne 17,274
Is Dwayne Johnson The Rock a real man ? (Aug '14) 1 hr unserve username 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,708
-----1-World 'MARK' Closer / POPE & U.N. ----- 2 hr News July 2017 1
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 2 hr Pbjmummy32 36
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Robert F 683,926
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Aerobatty 983,250
More from around the web