Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34659 May 22, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are getting nasty now!! What a shame you cannot debate with some intelligence like you claim you have!

You fail do do the exercise and post a page full of distraction crap and you suggest that you are willing to debate? You are pathetic.

I am developing more respect for Mormons and Moonies. At least they are more honest and insightful (and less cowardly) than JW cult members.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> “You will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name,” warned Jesus,

Again, if that is the criteria then gays and Nazi's are more loved by god than any of the minor cults.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> “but he that has endured to the end is th.......... blah blah blah blah blah

You can't debate so you post more lies and distractions. You always have the option of not replying if you cannot put forth anything except dodges and deception.

Can you defend the INTENTIONAL use of subliminal images in your cults literature or not.

No, subliminal messages do not really have much of an effect, but that they are dirty enough to TRY is an abomination.

If you are too afraid to go to the site an look at the images then at least be honest enough to admit it.

But that is asking a proven coward to be brave and that is rather silly of me.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34660 May 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail do do the exercise and post a page full of distraction crap and you suggest that you are willing to debate? You are pathetic.
I am developing more respect for Mormons and Moonies. At least they are more honest and insightful (and less cowardly) than JW cult members.
<quoted text>
Again, if that is the criteria then gays and Nazi's are more loved by god than any of the minor cults.
<quoted text>
You can't debate so you post more lies and distractions. You always have the option of not replying if you cannot put forth anything except dodges and deception.
Can you defend the INTENTIONAL use of subliminal images in your cults literature or not.
No, subliminal messages do not really have much of an effect, but that they are dirty enough to TRY is an abomination.
If you are too afraid to go to the site an look at the images then at least be honest enough to admit it.
But that is asking a proven coward to be brave and that is rather silly of me.
I have been to the web site. Where do you think I got these quotes?

Knowledge that leads to everlasting life (1995) p.35 “We can see demons head by using a mirror.”

Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.159. Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society.“We can see a face in his hand!”

Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.52. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. "Below : we can see a demon hand. And does Jesus have a lobster claw."

You can call me all the names you like, but remember: "The truth will set you free."
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34661 May 22, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, May 23

We who have exercised faith do enter into the rest.—Heb. 4:3.

When quoting Genesis 2:2 concerning God’s rest, Paul wrote under inspiration the words of today’s text.(Heb. 4:4, 6, 9) So the seventh day was ongoing in Paul’s day. How much longer was that day of rest to continue? In order to answer that question, we must remember the purpose of the seventh day. Genesis 2:3 explains what it is:“God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred.” That day was ‘made sacred’—sanctified, or set apart, by Jehovah—in order to bring his purpose to completion. That purpose is for the earth to be inhabited by obedient men and women who will take care of it and all life upon it.(Gen. 1:28) It is toward the realization of that purpose that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, the “Lord of the sabbath,” have “kept working until now.”(Matt. 12:8; John 5:17) God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34662 May 22, 2013
yon wrote:
All dubs can do is say Armageddon is right around the corner.
Armageddon is a figurative war, not a literal war. Try reading one of the concordances on revelation and this should help you to see that is only a figurative war.

Concordances

Nave’s Topical Bible

Strong’s Exhaustive

Torrey’s Topical Textbook

Treasures Of Scripture Knowledge

Location hidden

#34663 May 22, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge that leads to everlasting life (1995) p.35 “We can see demons head by using a mirror.”
Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.159. Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society.“We can see a face in his hand!”
Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.52. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. "Below : we can see a demon hand. And does Jesus have a lobster claw."
You can call me all the names you like, but remember: "The truth will set you free."
You quote, Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.52. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Will this be another attempt to predict the end of time, making it # 11. Why do you continue to believe in a false doctrine that has failed to predict the coming of the Lord 10 times, but more importantly it's a sin to even to attempt to do that when he tells you that no one knows, so why do you do that?

Location hidden

#34664 May 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words you chickened out again and are too terrified to look at objective information (compiled by a former JW cult member) and instead went off on an unsolicited and nonsensical rant.
Again, no loss of respect points because you had none accumulated.
Dogen I believe you said you were a member of the church of God, which has already been established as a false doctrine. You worship incorrectly, which God condemns.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34666 May 22, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You quote, Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.52. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Will this be another attempt to predict the end of time, making it # 11. Why do you continue to believe in a false doctrine that has failed to predict the coming of the Lord 10 times, but more importantly it's a sin to even to attempt to do that when he tells you that no one knows, so why do you do that?
This book is available on pdf format at http://www.jw-media.org/rus/publication/re_e.... for your reading pleasure.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34667 May 22, 2013
I sorry this web site is not working, I google the title "Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!" and it will took me to the pdf format.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34668 May 23, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>

You would have gotten them from the information I posted.

I wanted you to LOOK at the PAGES of evil doings of your cult. These are not accidents. These were intentionally drawn in.

Now, will you admit that it may not have been the best judgement of the watchtower cult to try to manipulate people in this way?

Once I get that I can move on the the next 999 evidences I have lined up.

I find it does not good to barrage cult members with an extensive and unsolicited narration of all the things their cult has done wrong. Just get them to recognize one thing at a time.

No, do you need more on this issue or do you concede the point.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34669 May 23, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, May 23
We who have exercised faith do enter into the rest.—Heb. 4:3.
When quoting Genesis 2:2 concerning God’s rest, Paul wrote under inspiration the words of today’s text.(Heb. 4:4, 6, 9) So the seventh day was ongoing in Paul’s day. How much longer was that day of rest to continue? In order to answer that question, we must remember the purpose of the seventh day. Genesis 2:3 explains what it is:“God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred.” That day was ‘made sacred’—sanctified, or set apart, by Jehovah—in order to bring his purpose to completion. That purpose is for the earth to be inhabited by obedient men and women who will take care of it and all life upon it.(Gen. 1:28) It is toward the realization of that purpose that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, the “Lord of the sabbath,” have “kept working until now.”(Matt. 12:8; John 5:17) God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign

Blah, blah blah blah, blah.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34670 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> Armageddon is a figurative war, not a literal war. Try reading one of the concordances on revelation and this should help you to see that is only a figurative war.
Concordances
Nave’s Topical Bible
Strong’s Exhaustive
Torrey’s Topical Textbook
Treasures Of Scripture Knowledge

Actually, though there is no consensus, I think Revelation is a historical/metaphorical "war" and "tribulation" of the Jews (and early Christians were also Jews, except for some of Paul's followers) at the end of the temple era around 70 a.d.

The beast with 7 heads (reference to the 7 hills of Rome), the antichrist Nero (who's name totals 666 in the numerological system of the time), the mark of the beast (Roman currency), etc were all real things and events. That is the first half of the book. The rest was about the survival of the Church (Kingdom of god)....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34671 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> You quote, Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!(1988) p.52. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Will this be another attempt to predict the end of time, making it # 11. Why do you continue to believe in a false doctrine that has failed to predict the coming of the Lord 10 times, but more importantly it's a sin to even to attempt to do that when he tells you that no one knows, so why do you do that?

Worse, they do not realize the full extent that Jesus is here, now.

One thing JWs have mastered is failure and the rationalization of failure.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34672 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> Dogen I believe you said you were a member of the church of God, which has already been established as a false doctrine. You worship incorrectly, which God condemns.

I think you are confusing the Church of God with the the Church of God.

Make sure you are looking at information for the correct church.

And remember, they do not claim to be perfect. Part of their doctrine is reexamination of the faith via scripture and historic information.

Lastly, I have fully admitted that I do not agree with all of the Church of God's doctrine. As I have found no denomination near me that agrees fully with the scripture (JW's and CoC are among the many epic failures). I have chosen to have some part of a church that is worshiping God and willingly deal with their failings as they do with mine.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34673 May 23, 2013
Student wrote:
I sorry this web site is not working, I google the title "Revelation, it's grand climax at hand!" and it will took me to the pdf format.
We don't care. We don't really read your propaganda anyway. Most of us have seen it all before and it is appalling.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#34674 May 23, 2013
If Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus Christ, then I am Jesus Christ!

Location hidden

#34675 May 23, 2013
To make it very clear what I was saying, no way Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus Christ!

Location hidden

#34676 May 23, 2013
Have a wonderful weekend all. =)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34677 May 23, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
To make it very clear what I was saying, no way Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus Christ!

Thank you Mr. Obvious. ;)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34678 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Masters degree and working on my PhD in Clinical Psychology.
Congratulations on your secularly studying fields with only mild correlation to religion. I respect biblical education the highest, but as opposed to blowing your time in other ways, kudos on choosing to learn psychology. I almost wish I could discuss DiD with you now, since I've always thought it was an intriguing mental illness that hasn't received as much mainstream attention as Schizo, etc. But, alas, maybe some other time.
Dogen wrote:
I would not normally consider anyone with less than a PhD to be a "scholar" in a field. Though I suppose someone with an masters degree and x number of years of experience could qualify.
I would normally consider anyone who fits the dictionary definition of a scholar to be a scholar. Within reason, am I "a learned or erudite person, especially one who has profound knowledge of a particular subject"? Additionally, am I a "pupil, student"? I would say yes to both.
Dogen wrote:
I have read AT LEAST a couple of hundred books on religion with early Christianity being one of my favorite topics of interest.
Some of my favorites are Ehrman, Metzger, Spong, Pagels, Borg, Crossan, Armstrong,.... to name only a few.
But I am no scholar.
It's unfortunate that you aren't a scholar, but that does not undermine the validity of my own claim, nor does your unwillingness to accept it alter its reality. A tree is recognized by its fruit.

At any rate, the authorities on the English language, of which you are not one, established the meaning of scholar. I qualify as one, and therefore, your argument (of no scholar accepting the NWT) is (quite comically) dismantled.

Unless you want to redefine scholar as someone who needs to have a PhD, in which case I can redefine Bat-Mobile as "a Labrador retriever", and run around telling everyone that I have a Blond Bat-Mobile.

So I'll tell you what: To standardize our discussion, please go out and select a dictionary On-line. After you have done so, notify me, and I will look through it, and that dictionary will decide for us the meaning of all our terms. If you cannot find one that fits your needs, then perhaps it's time that you throw away your failed 'mental' dictionary, and start learning English.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34679 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting all your information from JW cult bots.
Look on any site that is not clearly biased and you will find what I am saying to be true.
Sites that are not biased do not have opinions on them. Even concordances have bias, but I prefer them and interlinears for my research. My personal study has consistently led me to agree with JW theology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Trump your President 2,479
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min kent 678,926
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min ROCCO 118,964
Canned pet food contains parasites 30 min Purina Is Evil 1
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr _KENTUCKY 545
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _KENTUCKY 982,135
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 1 hr _KENTUCKY 2
More from around the web