Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#34579 May 19, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line. I can prove what I say, but only to those willing and brave enough to examine the facts.
Then prove it by using the Scriptures, that is the only way people like me will come close to hearing what you have to say.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34580 May 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judged not ...."
"Are you not to judge those inside?" (1 cor. 5:12)

Unless of course you agree that Yon is not "inside" in which case, I digress. Indeed, let God judge those outside.

Location hidden

#34581 May 20, 2013
yon wrote:
How do you go from YHWH to Jehovah?
How do you go from YHWH to anything other than YHWH? Is not adding anything, even vowels, changing it? The exact pronunciation of biblical Hebrew and it's accentuation, etc. is lost to time.

How do you go from YHWH to Dyihobe in Filipino? How do you go from Hebrew characters to YHWH in the first place? Or from Hebrew to Chinese characters? Or to Hiragana?

I assume it starts with an education. Helped by knowing various languages. At the very least, it would be nice to know English fairly well. But you lack this, Yon. You don't know how anyone got to YHWH in the first place, and are forced to tout what other men have given you because you never put the effort in to get anywhere yourself.

And yet you judge those who use Jehovah because you claim that they are touting things taught by men? That's pretty hypocritical coming from you.

How about you come back when you are actually following the bible's principles -- like meeting with your brothers and sisters in the faith? When you don't even follow the bible, what authority do you have to speak on? You can't speak for what you don't do, and you certainly can't speak for yourself (or come in your own name) without even basic credentials, so what are you here to prove?

That uneducated people with poor linguistic knowledge who do not actually practice the bible's teachings and yet behave hypocritically think that God's name (and not any of the other names -- because they are too ignorant to realize the far-reaching effects of their foolish philosophy) should be pronounced in a language that is long dead (and which no one can pronounce or fully understand in the way that it once was used) or rather, only modified in one sense when translated to English, instead of another?

Duly noted.

If I ever decide to be an uneducated hypocrite that doesn't follow the bible's teaching and wants to mis-use language, I'll be sure to share your incorrect opinion.

Location hidden

#34582 May 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
There is no scholarly support for the New Wacko Trash. Its source was stolen and rewritten by theological amateurs.
I, a scholar, support the NWT. Come at me, bro.
pen

Plattsburg, MO

#34585 May 20, 2013
yon wrote:
"What do the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Catholics, and the Church of Christ denomination all have in common? They each claim to have THE Way; THE Truth; and THE Life, and that no one gets to heaven without being a part of their organization! Certainly they can't all be right since their individual doctrinal beliefs are diametrically opposed to one another. On this web site we will endeavor to examine the claim of the Church of Christ to be God's sole representative on the earth today, and answer the question, "Is the Church of Christ Denomination A Cult?...."
http://www.chocd.org/

Have not found ANY denomination not subverted by the enemy. They are ALL in error.

The best way to study the Bible today is on the internet with the Bible.
pen

Plattsburg, MO

#34586 May 20, 2013
Today Rome calls all others a 'cult' like before were 'heretics'. They even ran the Cult Awareness Network responsible for Waco.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#34587 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
James 1:19, 20
19 Know this, my beloved brothers. Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath;
for man’s wrath does not work out God’s righteousness.

Typical cult quote; out of context.

16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
Listening and Doing

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

But I can play the same game if you like:

2 Pet 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

http://www.bibledice.com/scripture.php

Quoting all the random scripture you like does not take away from the fact that:

1. The watchtower cult lies.

2. The watchtower cult false prophecies.

3. The watchtower cult uses psychological manipulation in its literature.

4. The watchtower cult sodomized the word of Yahweh with its "translation".

5. The watchtower cult is responsible for many deaths and has quietly paid out countless millions of dollars in 'hush money'.

6. The watchtower cult has covered up many counts of child molestation and other abuse.

7..... I can go on and on and CAN BACK UP EVERY WORD.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34588 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
To this the Bible also gives a straightforward answer. Its reply is summed up in this rule:“Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”(Gal. 6:7) You cannot sow weeds and reap wheat, nor sow poison ivy and harvest grapes. And it is just as true that a person cannot sow what is wrong and reap what is good.

Wonderful!

And what has the witness cult REAPED?

Rape,
wrongful deaths
lies
blasphemy
destruction of the word of God
belittlement of Gods people.

Your cult is the sower of vile poison.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34589 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother.”(1 John 3:10; 5:18)
John’s counsel is so timely even today:“For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.”
Those commandments include “preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom” and “keeping separate from the world and neutral in its conflicts, while doing our utmost to sanctify Jehovah’s name and practice true love”.(1 John 5:3; Mark 13:10; John 17:16; Matthew 6:9; 1 John 3:23)

You are doing an excellent job of preaching against the Watchtower cult.

Pray continue.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34590 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The main issues over which the Pharisees contended with Christ Jesus involved Sabbath observance (Mt 12:1, 2; Mr 2:23, 24; Lu 6:1, 2),
adherence to tradition (Mt 15:1, 2; Mr 7:1-5),
and association with sinners and tax collectors (Mt 9:11; Mr 2:16; Lu 5:30).
The Pharisees apparently thought that defilement resulted from association with persons who did not observe the Law according to their view of it.(Lu 7:36-39)
Therefore, when Christ Jesus associated and even ate with sinners and tax collectors, this prompted them to object.(Lu 15:1, 2)
The Pharisees found fault with Jesus and his disciples because of their not practicing the traditional washing of hands.(Mt 15:1, 2; Mr 7:1-5; Lu 11:37, 38)
But Jesus exposed their wrong reasoning and showed them to be violators of God’s law on account of their adherence to man-made traditions.(Mt 15:3-11; Mr 7:6-15; Lu 11:39-44)
Rather than rejoicing and glorifying God in connection with the miraculous cures performed by Christ Jesus on the Sabbath, the Pharisees were filled with rage over what they deemed a violation of the Sabbath law and therefore plotted to kill Jesus.(Mt 12:9-14; Mr 3:1-6; Lu 6:7-11; 14:1-6) To a blind man whom Jesus had cured on the Sabbath they said concerning Jesus:“This is not a man from God, because he does not observe the Sabbath.”(Joh 9:16)
The attitude the Pharisees displayed showed that they were not righteous and clean inside.(Mt 5:20; 23:26) Like the rest of the Jews, they were in need of repentance.(Compare Mt 3:7, 8; Lu 7:30.) But the majority of them preferred to remain spiritually blind (Joh 9:40) and intensified their opposition to the Son of God.(Mt 21:45, 46; Joh 7:32; 11:43-53, 57)
There were Pharisees who falsely accused Jesus of expelling demons by means of the ruler of the demons (Mt 9:34; 12:24) and of being a false witness.(Joh 8:13)
Certain Pharisees tried to intimidate the Son of God (Lu 13:31), demanded that he display a sign to them (Mt 12:38; 16:1; Mr 8:11), endeavored to trap him in his speech (Mt 22:15; Mr 12:13; Lu 11:53, 54), and otherwise tried to test him by questionings (Mt 19:3; 22:34-36; Mr 10:2; Lu 17:20).
Jesus finally silenced their questionings by asking them how it would be possible for David’s lord also to be David’s son.(Mt 22:41-46)
The mob that later seized Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane included Pharisees (Joh 18:3-5, 12, 13), and Pharisees were among those who requested that Pilate secure Jesus’ tomb so that the body could not be stolen.(Mt 27:62-64) It-2 Pharisees, p. 625

Review your post and substitute 'Jehovah's witnesses' for 'Pharisees'.

Do you see that it is a perfect fit!

Of course you don't. You had to give up possession of your brain when you signed yourself over.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34591 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
As pointed out by John the Baptizer, the Sadducees needed to produce fruits befitting repentance. This was because they, like the Pharisees, had failed to keep God’s law.(Mt 3:7, 8) Christ Jesus himself compared their corrupting teaching to leaven.—Mt 16:6, 11, 12.
With reference to their religious beliefs, Acts 23:8 states:“Sadducees say there is neither resurrection nor angel nor spirit, but the Pharisees publicly declare them all.” It was in connection with the resurrection and brother-in-law marriage that a group of Sadducees attempted to stump Christ Jesus. But he silenced them. By referring to the writings of Moses, which the Sadducees professed to accept, Jesus disproved their contention that there is no resurrection.(Mt 22:23-34; Mr 12:18-27; Lu 20:27-40)
Later, the apostle Paul, when before the Sanhedrin, divided that highest Jewish court by playing the Pharisees against the Sadducees.
This was possible because of the religious differences existing between them.(Ac 23:6-10) it-2 Sadducees, p. 839

You are off track here and do not seem to have a very good understanding of the scriptures. I understand you are working from an inferior source (the pirated NWT bible).

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34592 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who values his relationship with the Most High is willing to change his religion when he is convinced that the religion to which he belongs does not measure up to the Scriptures. It is only by changing that he can escape God’s adverse judgment.
That a change from Christendom’s defiled religions is the right thing to do is indicated by the divine command:“Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.”(Rev. 18:4)
Do not, therefore, close your ears to Jehovah’s witnesses when they call at your door. Listen to what they have to say and examine the Scriptures carefully to see whether it is so.
Your eternal welfare depends upon your making a wise decision about the way you want to worship.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.—Ps. 143:10.

You also seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

I can provide proof of everything I say yet you do not ask for it.

I know why you don't! You know everything I say about your cult is true.

Read my post again and get over your fear.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe this because Satan has deceived you.

Lets look at the Fruit of your cult.

Child abuse/molestation
Murder
Lying in court
rewriting the bible to suit your doctrine.
Using subliminal messages in its literature.
False prophecy
Rewriting its own history.
Paying off potential law suits to keep it out of the papers.

And this is just the tip of the ice burg.

You and the cult are the true apostates.

==========

Is the above the fruit of the true Church of Jesus Christ?

The answer is self evident.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34593 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The New World Translation Is it really a scholarly translation?
Since the translators have chosen to remain anonymous, the question cannot here be answered in terms of their educational background.

THIS IS A LIE. We know EXACTLY who the NWT blasphemers were!!!

Nathan H. Knorr
Frederick W. Franz
Albert D. Schroeder
George Gangas
Milton Henschel

NONE of them were qualified to do a translation from EITHER Hebrew OR Greek. And indeed THEY NEVER DID translate a single word on their own! They took a KNOWN bible version and simply rewrote it to suit their own theology.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> The translation must be appraised on its own merits.

The NWT HAS NO MERITS. It is wholly a fabrication and is mocked in academic and religious circles alike.

If you believe lies like this then you will believe whatever the society shoves down your throat. You are to ignorant to think for yourself nor to examine the reality of your satanic society or the blasphemy they call a bible.

Coward.

Coward.

Coward.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34594 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Close to 100 years the Witnesses used primarily the King James Version, the Roman Catholic Douay Version, or whatever versions were available in their language, to learn the truth about Jehovah and his purposes.

Previously refute.

You want to try rationalizing the erroneous translation of Yahweh's name into (hysterical) "Jehovah".

You looked inept last time. Want to give it another go?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34595 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text> We still have the Interlinear Bible, tell some more lies!

If the Watchtower cult has resumed offering it that is news to me. I suspect that if they rereleased it then it would be a version that was retrofitted to the NWT. The Watchtower cult got a lot of egg on it face because the cults "bible" did not follow its interlinear, especially in critical place.s

Student wrote:
<quoted text> Why does Dr. BeDuhn use the Kingdom Interlinear translation in his college courses?

Are you quote-mining again? Do you offer this stuff uncritically without examining the source.

The watchtower cult is world famous for lying. They do it a lot. They do it with the authority of the king of lies.

The fact is the Cults interlinear does not follow the New World blasphemy well at all and it very inconsistent and unscholarly.

Look it up in an NON JW cult source and find out for yourself!!

I DARE YOU!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34596 May 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it by using the Scriptures, that is the only way people like me will come close to hearing what you have to say.

LOL!
You won't listen no matter what I have to say! No matter how I back it up.

You didn't even LOOK at the links I have given you HAVE YOU?

Why are you terrified to do so?

The truth is out there. Dare to find it!

I have had enough of your brainwashed zombieism for one night.

Goodnight. Sleep well. I will certainly refute more of your JW cult nonsense in the morning.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34597 May 20, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I, a scholar, support the NWT. Come at me, bro.

You are not and do not.

Why the lie?
pen

El Dorado Springs, MO

#34598 May 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Typical cult quote; out of context.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
Listening and Doing
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
But I can play the same game if you like:
2 Pet 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
http://www.bibledice.com/scripture.php
Quoting all the random scripture you like does not take away from the fact that:
1. The watchtower cult lies.
2. The watchtower cult false prophecies.
3. The watchtower cult uses psychological manipulation in its literature.
4. The watchtower cult sodomized the word of Yahweh with its "translation".
5. The watchtower cult is responsible for many deaths and has quietly paid out countless millions of dollars in 'hush money'.
6. The watchtower cult has covered up many counts of child molestation and other abuse.
7..... I can go on and on and CAN BACK UP EVERY WORD.

Im not JW but they are not a 'cult'. Any person or denomination that uses the Bible alone is not a cult, they are just in error.

Most everyone is in error about something, including you.

Examples of a christian cult would be the Mormons with their book of Mormon, another testament; and the Catholic church with their apocrypha and pope, which they claim is the 'vicar of christ'.

So, if they have other books than the Bible canon, or claim to have another messiah/replacement, then they are a cult. JW do not meet the definition, although wrong about many doctrine.

Are all the Christian Zionists cult members? They follow a doctrine called dispensationalism or futurism founded by Scofield and the Jesuits. Just because their view today is majority do we vote on what is a cult? The CZ are in just as great an error as JW having turned some messianic prophecies into futurist prophecy about antichrist!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#34599 May 21, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not JW but they are not a 'cult'. Any person or denomination that uses the Bible alone is not a cult, they are just in error.
Most everyone is in error about something, including you.
Examples of a christian cult would be the Mormons with their book of Mormon, another testament; and the Catholic church with their apocrypha and pope, which they claim is the 'vicar of christ'.
So, if they have other books than the Bible canon, or claim to have another messiah/replacement, then they are a cult. JW do not meet the definition, although wrong about many doctrine.
Are all the Christian Zionists cult members? They follow a doctrine called dispensationalism or futurism founded by Scofield and the Jesuits. Just because their view today is majority do we vote on what is a cult? The CZ are in just as great an error as JW having turned some messianic prophecies into futurist prophecy about antichrist!

The JWs do not use a real Bible. They use a bible written ENTIRELY to support their cult views.

Further, the Bible is the servant of the Watchtower, and not the other way around. The JWs self reference in all matters regarding biblical doctrine.
The JWs do not believe that Jesus is part of the godhead. They believe he is the angel Michael. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg.
pen

El Dorado Springs, MO

#34600 May 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
The JWs do not use a real Bible. They use a bible written ENTIRELY to support their cult views.
Further, the Bible is the servant of the Watchtower, and not the other way around. The JWs self reference in all matters regarding biblical doctrine.
The JWs do not believe that Jesus is part of the godhead. They believe he is the angel Michael. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Dogen,

There are many corrupt Bible translations. I would like all to use the most reliable KJV but many choose to use the newer NIV which is similar to the JW's NWT.

They may be in error about the Godhead. I have debated with at least one who said Jesus is not God. They are wrong about this. However what you say here about Michael being an angel is also error. ALL the Christians before the year 1900 understood Michael was the preincarnate Jesus. The Jews understood this was God also. Look at all the Bible commentaries from the 19th century and earlier and this is what is found. So it is only modern Christianity who has forgotten this Bible truth. Jesus returns with the shout of the archangel as he is chief of the angels. Michael is just one of his names. Michael is not an angel rather the archangel or chief of the angels who is God.

Anyway, you wont find the word 'cult' in the Bible. It is just a papal claim like the 'heretic' before. Heretic is in the Bible. This is why all the books on cults never include the biggest one in Rome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 692,060
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Exposing Devil Lies 619,843
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 27 min Exposing Devil Lies 440
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min Bongo 46,791
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 32 min yidfellas hate USA 4,412
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min USS LIBERTY 990,686
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 43 min USS LIBERTY 3
More from around the web