Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34492 May 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first. No, I don't consider you my enemy by any stretch of the imagination. We are just having a debate. I personally left the CoC because their doctrines do not match up to the bible and because of their attitude, which I found to be unchristian.
The intentions of the Church leaders at my Church are generally very good. They don't claim to know everything and are always searching the word to improve their understanding.
I am very aware of the CoC-DoC split in the late 1800's. Personally my heart tells me that the Disciples had the right idea, but it was better to go rather than to continue to fight about it.
Why not a different congregation instead of a different belief? The doctrine of the CoC does match exactly to the bible. Your church shouldn't have doubts or imply they don't know everything in how there suppose to worship God. By saying this you're implying God is at fault for not making it clear on what he wants you to do in how he wants to be worshipped, and that's impossibe. Individually we may not know everything, but as a congregation the leadership should know what is needed to worship in spirit and in truth. Everybody has differing degrees of knowledge according to their ability to study.

Location hidden

#34493 May 17, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Like not eating pork
Yon , may I ask you the name of the church you attend.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34494 May 17, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
What abominations is Lev. 18:22-30 speaking of? Contextually, chapter 17 is about blood atonement procedures, so that is for Israel, not for everyone. In Chapter 18 God says to Israel, "You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you," (Lev. 18:3). So, now instead of it applying only to Israel, God mentions things that are done by Egypt and the land of Canaan. What were the things those nations did? The chapter contains the following.
•Lev. 18:6-18, don't uncover the nakedness of various relatives.
•Lev. 18:19, don't have sexual relations with woman on her period
•Lev. 18:20, don't have intercourse with your neighbor's wife
•Lev. 18:21, don't offer children to Molech
•Lev. 18:22, don't lie with a male as with a female
•Lev. 18:23 don't have intercourse with animals.
So, we see there are requirements in Leviticus only for the Israelites, and there are lists of abominations spoken of that were for the non-Israelites as well.
You were on a roll before you got to the above passage then the wheels came off. God is talking about what other cultures do, but he is still talking to the Israelites. That throws a monkey wrench into the following.

Thus so, there is no authority to generalize these laws to other nations and peoples.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34495 May 17, 2013
Correction: I should have said Thus so "based on the scriptures you quoted," there is no authority....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34496 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> You say what I'm doing is arrogant, I call it telling the truth. The bible is very clear what God wants, expects, commands us to do in worship.

That is the point. You presume to know what God wants even though there is no mention of it in the bible. So, it is YOUR truths. As to if it is Gods or not we do not know for certain.

[QUOTE who="Working for the Lord"]<quoted text> It's 2+2 =4 fact, as there can't be two or more ways. God isn't the author of confusion. God commands singing only. Does he mention in the new testament that he wants musical instruments, no, does he show anywhere in the new testament the use of musical instruments in worship, no. If he tells you he wants singing only then why do you insist he tell you he doesn't want instruments. So now let's talk about the Lord's supper. Do you take the Lord's supper every Lord's day as he commands? Does your church go according to the bible on how the church is to be set up, elders, deacons, teachers, preachers, do you have the same set up as God commands? What's your belief in speaking in tongues to God?

Singing is often done with instruments. Ask around.

I know a lot of people who speak in tongues. It is very common in Schizophrenia.

Yahweh does not command the Lord's supper every day.

As to Church organization there are different views. The disciples of Jesus had a rather loose organization without much formal appointment of elders (exception being the replacement of Judas after the crucifixion). Paul (and others that wrote in his name, had a more formal structure. But the terms 'teachers','elders' disciples','preachers' were used loosely. The term 'Deacon' does not appear in any translation I am aware of.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34499 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> Why not a different congregation instead of a different belief? The doctrine of the CoC does match exactly to the bible.

LOL. There is the haughty CoC attitude I came to disdain.
<quoted text> Your church shouldn't have doubts or imply they don't know everything in how there suppose to worship God. By saying this you're implying God is at fault for not making it clear on what he wants you to do in how he wants to be worshipped, and that's impossibe. Individually we may not know everything, but as a congregation the leadership should know what is needed to worship in spirit and in truth. Everybody has differing degrees of knowledge according to their ability to study.

I do want to worship God according to his will. That is why I dumped the CoC.

They can't even get simple issue like music in the service correct

Ephesians 5:19

singing and making melody ASV
19 Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices [and instruments] and making melody with all your heart to the Lord, Amplified Bible.

You want to discuss the incredible number of things the CoC gets even more wrong than this?

CoC members are often much like the cults (JW's etc) in their attitude. They do not accept spiritual correction well and always point back to the cult to defend the beliefs.

If you ever want to change, here is a support group.

http://www.setbb.com/exchurchofchris/

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34500 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> Yon , may I ask you the name of the church you attend.

So you can bash it and proclaim that the CoC an bull church you go to is better?

Don't come here an preach against the Watchtower Cult if you are going to act just like them.

That may be over the top and completely rude, but seriously.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34501 May 17, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and I was going to add, except for the 35,000 or so that man has concocted.

And if you try to pin most of them down most of them will admit that it's their way or the hell-way. They all have exactly the right answer.

What ever happened to "Seek and ye shall find"? With most groups it is 'We Have The Exact Correct Answer and there is no reason to seek beyond us'.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34502 May 17, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go to church - I follow and research Scripture

That is a good choice. While is is nice to be part of a truly Christian group, they are darn difficult to find.

Location hidden

#34504 May 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Singing is often done with instruments. Ask around.
I know a lot of people who speak in tongues. It is very common in Schizophrenia.
Yahweh does not command the Lord's supper every day.
As to Church organization there are different views. The disciples of Jesus had a rather loose organization without much formal appointment of elders (exception being the replacement of Judas after the crucifixion). Paul (and others that wrote in his name, had a more formal structure. But the terms 'teachers','elders' disciples','preachers' were used loosely. The term 'Deacon' does not appear in any translation I am aware of.
I don't ask around I go with what the bible says and It's clear what God wants in worship, because he tells us singing only but he doesn't tell us instruments. Upon the first day a week it says to take of the Lord's supper but it doesn't say to take it any other way. Pay close attention to the words, often, every time. Do this to remember me.” 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again. It's clear that it's to be taken every Lord's day. 1 Corinthians 16:1, 1Now regarding your question about the money being collected for God’s people in Jerusalem. You should follow the same procedure I gave to the churches in Galatia. 2On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. You see the word" EACH " that is how God wants it, every Lord's day.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34505 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> I don't ask around I go with what the bible says and It's clear what God wants in worship, because he tells us singing only but he doesn't tell us instruments. Upon the first day a week it says to take of the Lord's supper but it doesn't say to take it any other way. Pay close attention to the words, often, every time. Do this to remember me.” 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again. It's clear that it's to be taken every Lord's day. 1 Corinthians 16:1, 1Now regarding your question about the money being collected for God’s people in Jerusalem. You should follow the same procedure I gave to the churches in Galatia. 2On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. You see the word" EACH " that is how God wants it, every Lord's day.

I had a lot of respect for you a few days ago. Now you are ranting like a typical cult member.

And you might want to check your I Corinthians reference ans see if you can find a verse that actually matches your assertion.

Until you can find some BIBLICAL support for your claims I am putting this issue in the trash bin.

I have shown you where music is supported in the NT. Now find me ONE verse where it is forbidden and we will be even.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34506 May 17, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 10:24, 25 -
"24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

I sense a contradiction when you claim to follow scripture and yet have given up meeting as some were in the habit of doing.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34507 May 17, 2013
"Galatians 3:20 was taken from the NIV

Most translations are available here:
http://biblehub.com/galatians/3-20.htm

I've checked all of my quotes against the more common interlinears and in some cases showed several translations in my original post. Feel free to check my quotes against interlinears or concordances and you will see that my quotes are accurate. The NLT added a phrase which is not found in the original Greek. I've looked over 4 of the most commonly used Koine manuscripts and none mention Abraham.

I repeat:

Isaiah 45:5 -
"I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God."
"I am Jehovah, and there is none else, Except Me there is no God"
"I am the LORD, and there is no other. There is no other God besides me"
"I am Yahweh, and there is no other; there is no God but Me."
"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."
Exodus 20:2, 3 -
"I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 You shall have no other gods before me."
Galatians 3:20 -
"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
John 17:3 - "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Jehovah is the only true God, and there is no other.

Jehovah is all of the Almighty True God, and is a complete indivisible unit."

Anyone want to clarify how these verses do not contradict the trinity?

Location hidden

#34508 May 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a lot of respect for you a few days ago. Now you are ranting like a typical cult member.
And you might want to check your I Corinthians reference ans see if you can find a verse that actually matches your assertion.
Until you can find some BIBLICAL support for your claims I am putting this issue in the trash bin.
I have shown you where music is supported in the NT. Now find me ONE verse where it is forbidden and we will be even.
I don't believe you showed me in the new testament that instruments were authorized, you did mention psalms. I showed you two places where it's singing that's authorized, so why would there be instruments in the NT? It's Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16, now you show me from the NT where instruments are authorized.

Location hidden

#34509 May 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would God have to tell you that instruments are forbidden when he tells you to sing only, that makes absolutely no sense in what your asking of God. Does he tell you that singing is forbidden, absolutely not, because it's authorized where instruments are not.

Location hidden

#34510 May 17, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 10:25
King James Version (KJV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Now if you're totally disabled then you have a legitimate excuse, that is if you were a member of the true church, which is the Church of Christ . It really doesn't apply to you as your lost anyways because of not being a member of the CoC. Romans 16:16 16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#34513 May 18, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is also FAKE. It's not even in the original KJV.
The man was a Jew with a Jewish name.
Who cares?

Scripture has more than 100 names for Jesus Christ.

There's no cult called "Jesus Witnesses".

The word "jehovah" is a fake, fabricated name, invented by the Catholics and inserted into scripture by men.

What does scripture say about adding words to the Bible?

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#34514 May 18, 2013
HOW CAN JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IGNORE THIS SCRIPTURE?

"Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" Proverbs 30:6.

God's name is not "Jehovah".

The word "Jehovah" is a word invented and fabricated by a Catholic Monk, and since it was not originally in scripture, it was erroneously inserted into scripture by men.

WHAT DOES SCRIPTURE SAY ABOUT ADDING WORDS TO THE BIBLE?

"Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" Proverbs 30:6.

For all the world the information is testable, where the name "Jehovah" comes from, available on the Internet.

Under the search of the word Jehovah, we find the following information:

The name Jehovah already occurs repeatedly in the 13th Century in the Latin form of Jehovah.

The Spanish monk Raymond Mantini, translated about 1270 different parts of the Bible from the Hebrew.

In his manuscripts is on the right side the Hebrew text and on the left the Latin with man's insertion of Iehovah.

Cardinal Nikolaus of Kues used the Tetragrammaton vocalized as the man-made "Jehovah" in several of his works, 1428, in his Sermon In Principio Erat Verbum.

Petrus Galatinus published in the year 1518 his work "De Arcnis catholicae veritatis".

As William Tyndale, translated the Pentateuch 1530, he erroneously inserted by man, the Tetragrammaton by using the man-made, fabricated word, "Jehovah".

This information tells us:

The name Jehovah was only formed in the Middle Ages in its current man-made form - well, actually invented!

The creators of the man-made name Jehovah were Catholic monks!

The creation of the man-made name Jehovah was willful!

The name Jehovah is the work of man!

The name Jehovah was inserted into scripture by man!

Anyone who worships this man-made name worships a human invention!

Anyone who says this man-made name would be in the original texts - is lying!

IT WAS INSERTED BY MAN.

In whose name should we meet together?(Matthew 18:20; 1 Corinthians 5:4)

Demons are subject to whose name?(Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

Repentance and forgiveness should be preached in whose name?(Luke 24:47)

In whose name are you to believe and receive the forgiveness of sins (John 1:12; 3:16; Acts 10:43; I John 3:23; 5:13)

By whose name, and NO OTHER, do we obtain salvation (Acts 4:12)

Whose name should be invoked as we bring our petitions to God in prayer?(John 14:13, 14; 15:16; 16:23, 24)

In whose name is the Holy Spirit sent?(John 14:26)

Whose name and authority was invoked by the disciples in healing the sick and lame?(Acts 3:16; 4:7-10, 30)

Whose name did Paul tell us to call upon (1 Corinthians 1:2)?

Whose name is above every name (Ephesians 1:21; Philippians 2:9-11)

The answer to each of these questions is Jesus Christ, not the fake, fabricated, man-made name inserted into scripture, jehovah.

BUT IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORSHIP A WORD INSERTED BY MAN INTO SCRIPTURE (JEHOVAH) THEN YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO BE PUNISHED.

BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY THE SCRIPTURES THAT IT IS WRONG.

IT'S GOD'S WORDS THAT MATTER, NOT THE WORDS INSERTED INTO SCRIPTURE BY MEN.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34515 May 18, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 10:24, 25 -
"24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
I sense a contradiction when you claim to follow scripture and yet have given up meeting as some were in the habit of doing.

"Judged not ...."

Another thing about the CoC is they love Paul and hate Jesus. I remember keeping a running total through a few services as to how often Paul was quoted vs. how often Jesus was quoted. I don't remember the exact number but one would have though Paul the savior and Jesus the Johnny come lately.

I actually remember the minister saying that Paul clarified what Jesus meant!!!!

PAUL clarified what JESUS MEANT!!!!!! A guy who persecuted Christians CORRECTED what the Son of GOD MEANT!

The conceited, contemptuousness, disdainful, haughtiness of the CoC is just too much.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34516 May 18, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
"Galatians 3:20 was taken from the NIV
Most translations are available here:
http://biblehub.com/galatians/3-20.htm
I've checked all of my quotes against the more common interlinears and in some cases showed several translations in my original post. Feel free to check my quotes against interlinears or concordances and you will see that my quotes are accurate. The NLT added a phrase which is not found in the original Greek. I've looked over 4 of the most commonly used Koine manuscripts and none mention Abraham.
I repeat:
Isaiah 45:5 -
"I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God."
"I am Jehovah, and there is none else, Except Me there is no God"
"I am the LORD, and there is no other. There is no other God besides me"
"I am Yahweh, and there is no other; there is no God but Me."
"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."
Exodus 20:2, 3 -
"I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 You shall have no other gods before me."
Galatians 3:20 -
"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
John 17:3 - "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
Jehovah is the only true God, and there is no other.
Jehovah is all of the Almighty True God, and is a complete indivisible unit."
Anyone want to clarify how these verses do not contradict the trinity?

Nothing here. They do contradict the trinity.

When you are right I will admit you are right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min MOGA 25,006
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 985,609
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min Sklly 445,848
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 1 hr C Kersey 4
Anyone know any good deals from NoKeys? 2 hr NOKEYS 2
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 4 hr Laredo 4
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 4 hr juliakk 1,831
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Michael 685,540
More from around the web