|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

yon wrote:
<quoted text>
All others are no different than pagans. Right?
Thank you, as you're exactly right.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Our soul is not eternal.. First you have to know what the Scriptures say a soul is, right?

The original-language terms (Heb., nephesh; Gr., psykhe) as used in the Scriptures show “soul” to be a person, an animal, or the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

Nephesh evidently comes from a root meaning “breathe” and in a literal sense nephesh could be rendered as “a breather.” Koehler and Baumgartner’s Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros (Leiden, 1958, p. 627) defines it as:“the breathing substance, making man a[nd] animal living beings Gn 1, 20, the soul (strictly distinct from the greek notion of soul) the seat of which is the blood Gn 9, 4f Lv 17, 11 Dt 12, 23:(249 X)... soul = living being, individual, person.”

Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Psalms 141:7 (KJV) But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the LORD: in thee is my trust: leave not my soul destitute.

When God said,“For dust you are and to dust you will return,” to whom was he speaking? To the first man, Adam. Did that death sentence apply only to Adam’s body? Or to Adam as a breathing soul?

Genesis 2:7 clearly states:“And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” This text is fundamental to understanding the word “soul” as used in the Bible.

It clearly states that “man came to be [not to have] a living soul.” Thus God told that living soul, or breathing creature, Adam, that if disobedient, he would positively die and return to the elements of the earth from which he had been formed.(Genesis 2:17; 3:19)

Please note that no mention is made of any alternative destination for man’s supposed soul.

Why not?

Because Adam, with all his faculties, was a soul. He did not possess a soul. If such places as a fiery hell and purgatory existed, this is the one point in the Bible when they should have been mentioned. Yet they are not even alluded to.

Why is that?

Because the simple judgment for disobedience was just the opposite of the life Adam enjoyed in Paradise—namely, death, not life somewhere else.

Paul states the case with simplicity in Romans 6:23:“For the wages sin pays is death.”(Compare Ezekiel 18:4, 20.)

There is no mention here of any hellfire or purgatory, just death. And isn’t that punishment enough?

Another factor to bear in mind is that a basic sense of justice requires that man should have known the true extent of his possible punishment before he disobeyed.

There is absolutely no mention of any immortal soul, hellfire or purgatory in the Genesis account. Furthermore, if man had really been created with an immortal soul, then this whole set of doctrines relating to the immortal soul and its destiny should have been part and parcel of Hebrew and Jewish teaching from the very earliest times. But such was not the case.

Another logical question also arises. If God’s original purpose was for perfect, obedient humankind to live forever on a paradise earth, what purpose would there be in endowing man with a separate and immortal soul? Not only would it be immortal; it would be superfluous!—Genesis 1:28.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Student wrote:
Does man even have a soul? There are some who state that the soul of man is nothing more than the life of man. By this they mean to suggest that there is nothing different between a man and an animal insofar as the soul is concerned. One of their favorite passages is Proverbs 12:10 which uses the same word that is translated “soul” to describe the life of a beast. By this they mean to suggest that “soul” is merely one’s “life-force” and has nothing to do with anything other than the physical body. It is true that there are many passages within the Bible where “soul” means “life” and the two words can be used relatively interchangeably. However, the studious will do well to note that words often have more than one meaning and can be used in different senses. Such is the case for this word as well.
We find one such example in Leviticus 17:11. This passage says,“For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.” In this passage, the blood makes atonement for the soul. Was it merely for a person’s life that atonement was made? Since when does blood need to be shed to safeguard a person’s life-force? It should be clear to the conscientious that “soul” in this passage means more than just a life-force because it is something that is in need of atonement. We find another example in Leviticus 26:11. God says in this passage,“And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.” Here the word has reference to God himself. Does the word merely describe God’s “life-force?” To the contrary, the context is in regard to the presence of God among the children of Israel. We know that God is a Spirit (John 4:24), so “soul” in this context is not merely referring to some “life-force” as defined above since the word is attributed to God himself.
Perhaps the greatest demonstration that the soul is more than just man’s “life-force” begins in the prophetic passage Psalm 16:10. This passage states,“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” Peter quotes this passage in Acts 2:31 where he applies it to the soul of the resurrected Jesus. He says,“he (David) foreseeing this spake of the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he left unto Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.”ASV. Notice that Peter says that “he” was not left unto Hades and then he also says that his flesh did not see corruption. To Peter, the real Jesus was someone different from his flesh; Jesus had a soul. Now just exactly where was Jesus during this period of time that his body was in the tomb? Jesus’ own words to the thief on the cross tell us exactly where Jesus was, a place known as paradise (Luke 23:43). How do we know that Jesus was not really in heaven with the thief? Notice these two facts: First, Jesus said that he would be with the thief “today” in paradise. Second, when Mary saw Jesus after his resurrection, Jesus said that he had not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17). Now if Jesus had seen the thief in the same day that he had died and if Jesus had gone to heaven to see him after his death, then Jesus would have already have ascended into heaven and would have had to come back down to ascend again. This is also confirmed for us in Ephesians 4:9 where it states,“Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?” This expression “lower parts of the earth” is a phrase that occurs in the Old Testament twice (Psalm 63:9; Isaiah 44:23) and refers to the place of the departed. Jesus descended to this place wherein is the realm of paradise and then Jesus ascended into heaven after having been resurrected from the dead. The inescapable conclusion is that the soul of Jesus was still alive and well while Jesus body was in the tomb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Final Part,

Finally, we see that Jesus himself argued for the existence of the soul after death. He did so to the religious sect of the time known as the Sadducees. Acts 23:8 tells us what the Sadducees believed in this regard.“For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit&#65533;.” It is significant that the Sadducees believed that there were no spirits. In their view of things there were no “souls.” Sadducee doctrine was that when a person was dead, he had no spirit-form to depart from his body, but that all that was left of him was the dust from whence he came. Hence, the dead no longer existed according to the Sadducees. We see these views addressed in Matthew 22:23-33, Mark 12:18-27, and Luke 20:27-38. It is significant that Jesus addressed the whole of the Sadducees doctrine about the resurrection. That is, in the view of the Sadducess, there was no resurrection because there were no souls to resurrect. Jesus also answers the question about angels as well. In these passages, Jesus first tells the Sadducees that they knew neither the scriptures nor the power of God. He then answers their question regarding marriage in the resurrection by telling them that men would be like angels in the resurrection, without gender. Finally he deals with the doctrine of whether the dead have souls that are still living. If they do, then the implication of that fact is that they will one day be raised. In Matthew, Jesus is recorded as saying,“But as touching the resurrection of the dead&#65533;..” Mark records,“As touching the dead, that they rise&#65533;.” Luke writes,“Now that the dead are raised&#65533;.” In the next few verses, Jesus makes it clear that he is not talking about the raising of dead bodies, but of dead souls. How do we know this? Jesus takes God’s statement to Moses from Exodus 3:6 where God says,“I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” and points out the tense of the verb,“I am.” It is present tense, meaning that God was, during the time of Moses, the God of the very much alive and well Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But their bodies were dead, so how could they be alive? They were alive because they had an immortal soul. And so Jesus concludes,“God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” The implication is that the souls of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were still alive after their death in the time of Moses and that, in fact, they were still alive in the time of Christ.

Yes, there is an immortal soul. Yes, the immortal souls of all of those who have gone before live right now in the place of the dead. Yes, one day those immortal souls will be resurrected to be rejoined with a new and immortal body (Acts 24:15). Those who do not believe in the existence of the immortal soul in the words of Jesus,“do greatly err”(Mark 12:27). The righteous will go into eternal life and the wicked unto eternal condemnation. Your immortal soul, dear friend, will be among those resurrected in that day. Make sure that your life is right with God today. Don’t “greatly err” from God’s word. Tomorrow may never come and your immortal soul may be eternally lost if you heed not his will.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have Walter Martin book,“Kingdom of the Cults”, is this were you get all your information?

There are a multitude of books that point out the false doctrines of the Watchtower cult. No one need restrict himself to one or even one thousand sources.

But the watchtower cult, like all cults, attempts to keep the wagons circled and to keep reality from infringing upon their Satan inspired dogma.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Student wrote:
Should Jesus’ death be commemorated weekly or perhaps even daily? Well, Christ instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal and was unjustly put to death on Passover Day. Held only once a year, on Nisan 14, the Passover commemorated Israel’s deliverance from Egyptian bondage.(Exodus 12:6, 14; Leviticus 23:5)
So the death of “Christ our passover” should be memorialized only once each year, not weekly or daily.(1 Corinthians 5:7) In observing the Lord’s Evening Meal, Christians follow the same procedure as Jesus did when he instituted it.
What, then, is meant by Paul’s words:“As often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives”?(1 Corinthians 11:26) In this text Paul used a word meaning “every time that,” or “whenever.” Thus, he was saying that whenever anointed Christians partook of the emblems, they would proclaim their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.
Anointed Christians would commemorate Christ’s death “until he arrives.” This observance would continue until Jesus’ arrival to receive his anointed followers into heaven by a resurrection to spirit life during his “presence.”(1 Thessalonians 4:14-17)
This harmonizes with Christ’s words to the 11 loyal apostles:“If I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”(John 14:3)
Is it necessary to partake of the Memorial emblems in order to be covered by Jesus’ sacrifice and receive everlasting life on earth?
No.
Nothing in the Bible suggests that after they are resurrected on earth, such God-fearing people as Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebekah, Joseph, Moses, and David will ever partake of these emblems. Yet, they and all others desiring endless life on the earth will have to exercise faith in God and Christ and in Jehovah’s provision of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.(John 3:36; 14:1)
For everlasting life, you too must exercise such faith. Your presence at the annual observance of Christ’s death serves as a reminder of that great sacrifice and should deepen your gratitude for it.
The apostle John emphasized the importance of Jesus’ sacrifice when he said:“I am writing you [fellow anointed ones] these things that you may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s.”(1 John 2:1, 2)
Anointed ones can say that Jesus’ sacrifice is a propitiatory cover for their sins. But it is also a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world, making everlasting life possible for obedient mankind!(w04 3/15 p. 7)

RUN AWAY!
RUN AWAY!

You can't answer for the LIES of your CULT so you try to change the subject.

You and your Satanic minions have lost again.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Student wrote:
Nonblood Alternatives
Among the topics considered were blood transfusion, blood testing, and medical alternatives to human blood. Dr. C. V. Prowse, of the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service, spoke on “Alternatives to Human Blood and Blood Resources.” He mentioned various recombinant (synthetic) growth factors that can increase blood cell levels by stimulating the body’s production of these cells. For example, erythropoietin is produced by the kidneys and stimulates the formation of red blood cells. But now this can be produced in laboratories. Dr. Prowse said that synthetic “erythropoietin is well established as a treatment for various forms of anaemia.”
A similar substance has been developed to stimulate the body’s production of blood platelets. Dr. Prowse said:“The most recent discoveries in this area are the thrombopoietic growth factors. Interleukin 11 is already licensed for its effect in improving platelet count . . . , and it seems likely that thrombopoietin and its homolog, rh-PEG-MGDF, soon will be.”
Dr. Prowse also mentioned synthetic clotting factors (plasma proteins) that have proved valuable to hemophiliacs:“Recombinant equivalents of a number of plasma proteins are licensed, and in some cases are established as the preferred therapy due to concerns over the viral infectivity of plasma-derived products.” Dr. Prowse added that “a number of other coagulation factors are now in development for production.”
N. S. Faithfull, who is affiliated with a pharmaceutical corporation, gave a presentation on perfluorocarbon (PFC) compounds. Certain perfluorocarbons can transport oxygen in the circulatory system. The first generation of these chemicals did not prove satisfactory as “artificial” blood. Has progress been made? Faithfull said:“Over the last few years, further development of PFC technology has progressed and clinical trials have been performed using [two second] generation PFC emulsions.” He reported on trials of one of these involving 256 patients undergoing orthopedic, gynecologic, or urologic surgery—procedures that often result in high blood loss. The results?“The data from both studies indicated that Oxygent was significantly better than blood at reversing these triggers [a trigger indicates a need for a blood transfusion] and that the triggers were reversed for significantly longer than the reversal caused by autologous blood.”
The congress also heard that the size of PFC particles in such emulsions “is very small . . . , about 40 times smaller than the diameter of an RBC [red blood cell]. This small size can enable PFC particles to traverse capillaries through which no RBCs are flowing.” This seems to hold promise of benefit in the case of certain damaged, blood-starved tissue.
A British physician emphasized the need of saving blood in surgical procedures. He urged this because of the shortage of blood and because of the hazards connected with transfusions. To illustrate how much can be done to reduce the use of blood, he told of a surgeon who used blood in only 10 percent of the hip operations that he performed. Other surgeons at the same hospital used blood in 70 percent of hip surgeries.

If science creates synthetic blood won't it still be blood?

And still you cannot find a rationalization against using real blood.

You failed again. You are like a clown who entertains by always tripping over his own shoes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Is Jesus God?

by Matt Slick

Yes, Jesus is God, but the answer needs to be expounded upon. When we say that Jesus is God we're using the term "God" in reference to the divine nature. But we have to be careful because we don't want to say Jesus is God and fail to understand that God is a Trinity. The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is that God exists as three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

So, we have to be careful when we ask if Jesus is God because we have to be clear in the answer. If God is a Trinity and we say Jesus is God, then we are saying that Jesus is a Trinity. But that is not true. So in one sense the term "God" can be used to designate the totality of God as a Trinity, and in another sense it deals with the divine nature.

The correct answer is that Jesus is both divine and human. In other words, he is both God and man. God has a divine nature, and Jesus possesses the divine nature as well as the human nature. This dual nature characteristic is called the hypostatic union.

We know that Jesus is God in flesh because the Bible says many things declaring this. For example,
1.John 1:1, "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2.John 1:14, "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us..."
3.John 8:24, "unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins."
4.John 8:58, "before Abraham was, I am."A.Exodus 3:14, "God said to Moses,“&#65279;&#65279 ;&#65279;&#65279;I AM WHO &#65279;&#65279;I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘&#65279;&#6527 9;I AM has sent me to you.’”

5.Col. 2:9, "for in him dwells all the fullness of deity in bodily form."
6.Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son he [The Father] says,'You're throne, O God, is forever and ever.'"

After Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead, Thomas, one of the disciples, doubted that he had risen. Jesus appears to him and Thomas responds by saying to Jesus "my Lord and my God," (John 20:28). Jesus makes no correction to Thomas about this. Titus 2:13 tells us to wait for the coming of "our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus." In John 5:18 it says that Jesus "was calling God His own Father, &#65279;&#65279;making Himself equal with God."

It is clear from the Scriptures that Jesus is considered to be God in flesh; that is, he is considered to be divine. The reason is because without Jesus being both God and man, he could not make a sacrifice of sufficient value to please God the Father. If he were not a man, he would not be able to die for the sins of mankind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

The Trinity
by Matt Slick
God is a trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God. Each has a will, can speak, can love, etc., and these are demonstrations of personhood. They are in absolute perfect harmony consisting of one substance. They are coeternal, coequal, and copowerful. If any one of the three were removed, there would be no God.(See also, "Another Look at the Trinity")
Jesus, the Son, is one person with two natures: Divine and Human. This is called the Hypostatic Union. The Holy Spirit is also divine in nature and is self aware, the third person of the Trinity.
There is, though, an apparent separation of some functions among the members of the Godhead. For example, the Father chooses who will be saved (Eph. 1:4); the Son redeems them (Eph. 1:7); and the Holy Spirit seals them,(Eph. 1:13).
A further point of clarification is that God is not one person, the Father, with Jesus as a creation and the Holy Spirit as a force (Jehovah's Witnesses). Neither is He one person who took three consecutive forms, i.e., the Father, became the Son, who became the Holy Spirit. Nor is God the divine nature of the Son (where Jesus had a human nature perceived as the Son and a divine nature perceived as the Father (Oneness theology). Nor is the Trinity an office held by three separate Gods (Mormonism).
The word "person" is used to describe the three members of the Godhead because the word "person" is appropriate. A person is self aware, can speak, love, hate, say "you," "yours," "me," "mine," etc. Each of the three persons in the Trinity demonstrate these qualities.
The chart below should help you to see how the doctrine of the Trinity is systematically derived from Scripture. The list is not exhaustive, only illustrative.
The first step is to establish the biblical doctrine that there is only one God. Then, you find that each of the persons is called God, each creates, each was involved in Jesus' resurrection, each indwells, etc. Therefore, God is one, but the one God is in three simultaneous persons. Please note that the idea of a composite unity is not a foreign concept to the Bible; after all, man and wife are said to be one flesh. The idea of a composite unity of persons is spoken of by God in Genesis (Gen. 2:24).
There is only one God
The first step is to establish how many Gods exist: one! Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5,14,18,21,22; 46:9; 47:8; John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:5-6; Gal. 4:8-9
•"I am the LORD, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God," (Isaiah 45:5).
•“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me," (Isaiah 44:6).
The Trinity
FATHER
SON
HOLY SPIRIT
Called God
Phil. 1:2
John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9
Acts 5:3-4
Creator
Isaiah 64:8
John 1:3; Col. 1:15-17
Job 33:4, 26:13
Resurrects
1 Thess. 1:10
John 2:19, 10:17
Rom. 8:11
Indwells
2 Cor. 6:16
Col. 1:27
John 14:17
Everywhere
1 Kings 8:27
Matt. 28:20
Psalm 139:7-10
All knowing
1 John 3:20
John 16:30; 21:17
1 Cor. 2:10-11
Sanctifies
1 Thess. 5:23
Heb. 2:11
1 Pet. 1:2
Life giver
Gen. 2:7: John 5:21
John 1:3; 5:21
2 Cor. 3:6,8
Fellowship
1 John 1:3
1 Cor. 1:9
2 Cor. 13:14; Phil. 2:1
Eternal
Psalm 90:2
Micah 5:1-2
Rom. 8:11; Heb. 9:14
A Will
Luke 22:42
Luke 22:42
1 Cor. 12:11
Speaks
Matt. 3:17; Luke 9:25
Luke 5:20; 7:48
Acts 8:29; 11:12; 13:2
Love
John 3:16
Eph. 5:25
Rom. 15:30
Searches
the heart
Jer. 17:10
Rev. 2:23
1 Cor. 2:10
We belong to
John 17:9
John 17:6
Savior
1 Tim. 1:1; 2:3; 4:10
2 Tim. 1:10; Titus 1:4; 3:6
We serve
Matt. 4:10
Col. 3:24
Believe in
John 14:1
John 14:1
Gives joy
John 15:11
John 14:7
Judges
John 8:50
John 5:22,30
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you knew the Scriptures, you would see what I have pointed out to you. Jesus was even a slave, as Philippians 2:5-8, NW says-5- Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, 6- who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. 7- No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and came to be in the likeness of men. 8- More than that, when he found himself in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient as far as death, yes, death on a torture stake.
Philippians 2:5-8, KJV- 5-Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6-Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:7-But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:8-And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
The original-language words rendered “slave” or “servant” are not limited in their application to persons owned by others. The Hebrew word evedh can refer to persons owned by fellowmen.(Ge 12:16; Ex 20:17)
Or the term can designate subjects of a king (2Sa 11:21; 2Ch 10:7), subjugated peoples who paid tribute (2Sa 8:2, 6), and persons in royal service, including cupbearers, bakers, seamen, military officers, advisers, and the like, whether owned by fellowmen or not (Ge 40:20; 1Sa 29:3; 1Ki 9:27; 2Ch 8:18; 9:10; 32:9).
In respectful address, a Hebrew, instead of using the first person pronoun, would at times speak of himself as a servant (evedh) of the one to whom he was talking.(Ge 33:5, 14; 42:10, 11, 13; 1Sa 20:7, 8)
Evedh was used in referring to servants, or worshipers, of Jehovah generally (1Ki 8:36; 2Ki 10:23) and, more specifically, to special representatives of God, such as Moses.(Jos 1:1, 2; 24:29; 2Ki 21:10)
Though not a worshiper of Jehovah, one who performed a service that was in harmony with the divine will could be spoken of as God’s servant, an example being King Nebuchadnezzar.(Jer 27:6)
The Greek term doulos corresponds to the Hebrew word evedh. It is used with reference to persons owned by fellowmen (Mt 8:9; 10:24, 25; 13:27); DEVOTED SERVANTS OF GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, whether human (Ac 2:18; 4:29; Ro 1:1; Ga 1:10) or angelic (Re 19:10, where the word syndoulos [fellow slave] appears); and, in a figurative sense, to persons in slavery to sin (Joh 8:34; Ro 6:16-20) or corruption (2Pe 2:19). IT-2 Slave p. 978
God said Jesus was His SON in whom He was well pleased. Jesus has always been referred to as the Son Of God not the slave of God.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of my favorite JW stupidisms.
Another favorite of mine goes something like this.
Gods chosen people have always been persecuted.
JW's are persecuted.
Therefore JW's are Gods chosen people.
Of course by EXACTLY the same "logic" homosexuals are gods chosen people.
As are Jews, fat people, African-Americans, Nazi's......
Excellent!
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
Final part,
•1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
•1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
•1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
•1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
•1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232).
•1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338).
•1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
•1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).
•1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).
A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?
A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet. Jesus warned us by saying, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect -- if that were possible" (Matt. 24:24).
Excellent points!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent points!
Thank you Ella. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

It's so tragic to see people beliebe such false doctrine as the Jw's do. From a non believer who has never studied the bible the one or should say that comes to their attetion about the JW's is their MANY attempts to predict the end of time incorrectly as the bible clearlytells us all that no man knoweh the time when this will happen, Mark 13:32 32“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. 33And since you don’t know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alertl!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Being gay causes more than just being a sin in God's eyes. God knows the problems it will cause on all people. First there's the fact that gay people are obviously not christians and this will have an impact on people in and of itself. It will destroy the structure of what real marriage is all about in our lives which has been since time began. Then you have psychiatric problems on people because of the sense that life isn't normal anymore, and it wont be. The behaviour of people will change for the worse,, because the fact that most people do not condone the gay lifestyle, and those who don't, unfortunately will become more irritable and retaliation of gay people will increase. More sinful acts will increase because of gay marriage, such as rape, abnormal sexual behaviours and on and on. You remember Sodom and Gomorrah how the gay lifestyle included including rape, gang rape,and sexual torture, living simply for pleasure instead of hope in Jesus. Medical issues, family problems that will be unique only because of gay marriage. Children having two men or two women as parents, which will cause undue stress on kids. Family traditions that you and I cherish will begin to be overtaken. Look at Ellen Degeneres on how her appearance has changed to the point that she looks like a man, compared to how she looked just 10 years ago. Determing in some gay marriages who becomes the mom or dad. Entire generations will be changed from this type of marriage. There will be problems of all sorts that many people aren't even aware of. Laws will have to be changed in the future in every city, state, and federal level to accomodate these people, and this will be a chaotic task to acheive.Again the problem is this lifestyle brings down God's way of life which he knows what we need more than we do. People becoming lawless and life for christians will be even more difficult, not to mention those who are lost but having to fight their way to find the truth in a world gone wrong. Mother and daughter relationships, son and dad relationships, things women do together, things men do together. Bonding with your son or daughter will become a thing that will cause emeotional problems for sure. Mothers day, Father's day, boy and girl scouting, in other words every single thing you and I have always cherished will be changed simply to allow gay people to live a life of sin. The beauty of a marriage in which a married couple start a family the way it was meant to be, gay people cant do this obviously. Adopting kids, and increase in young girls selling their babies for the gay couples and these kids growing up in a dysfunctional lifestyle isn't what they need. The crime rate for domestic abuse will be the same for gay people also. So yes there's more to it than just saying God says it's a sin, much much more.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a multitude of books that point out the false doctrines of the Watchtower cult. No one need restrict himself to one or even one thousand sources.
But the watchtower cult, like all cults, attempts to keep the wagons circled and to keep reality from infringing upon their Satan inspired dogma.
As a disciple (Student) Jesus gave us instruction. Like in How vital it is to gain accurate knowledge of what the resurrection is and what it means for mankind! Also essential is knowledge of God and Christ, for in prayer Jesus said:“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”(John 17:3)

First, they were to search out those who were “deserving.” But how were the disciples to treat those who did not receive them favorably?

Jesus told them to ‘shake the dust off their feet’ and go on their way. This means that they would get on with their work of declaring the “good news” and not waste time in angry disputes that would only irritate the householder and rob the disciple of his peace and joy.(Matt. 10:13; Acts 13:50-52)
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Jesus Christ—God’s Beloved Son

“Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said:‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’”—MATTHEW 3:17.

JESUS CHRIST was baptized at the age of 30 by being immersed in water. When he came up out of the water, a voice from heaven said:“This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”(Matthew 3:17) That voice was God’s voice. On another occasion, in prayer to God, Jesus said:“Father, glorify your name.” And when Jesus had said that, God’s “voice came out of heaven:‘I both glorified it and will glorify it again.’”—John 12:28.

From these accounts, even a child can understand that the relationship between almighty God and Jesus Christ was that of a father and his beloved son, two different individuals. Yet, this simple Bible truth is denied by the religions of Christendom.

They insist that Jesus Christ is God Almighty himself, the second person of a Trinity, the third person being the holy spirit.

That teaching has caused great confusion among the people of Christendom’s religions, which is one reason why the New Catholic Encyclopedia calls the Trinity a mystery.

Indeed, it causes confusion even among the clergy, for that encyclopedia also says:“There are few teachers of Trinitarian theology in Roman Catholic seminaries who have not been badgered at one time or another by the question,‘But how does one preach the Trinity?’ And if the question is symptomatic of confusion on the part of the students, perhaps it is no less symptomatic of similar confusion on the part of their professors.”

That confusing doctrine is the central belief of Catholic and Protestant religions. The Catholic Encyclopedia states:“The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion . . . Thus, in the words of the Athanasian Creed:‘the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God.’”

Similarly, in a court case involving Jehovah’s Witnesses in Greece, the Greek Orthodox Church said:“The fundamental doctrine of Christianity, in which all Christians confess belief . . . regardless of sect or dogma, is . . . the Trinity, that God is One in three persons.” The Greek Orthodox Church also stated:“Christians are those who accept Christ as God.” It said that those who do not accept the Trinity are not Christians but heretics.

However, if this “fundamental” Trinity teaching of Christendom is not true, if it is a lie, then the opposite would be the case. True Christians would reject it. Those who have apostatized from Christianity would cling to it. With what consequences for the latter group?

In the last book of the Bible,“a revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him,” we read concerning those who are disqualified from eternal life in God’s Kingdom:“Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.”—Revelation 1:1; 22:15.

Because of its importance, we should be informed as to where this Trinity concept originated and why it originated. Who is really behind it? What does modern Bible scholarship have to say about it? But before discussing these matters, let us examine further what God’s own inspired Word says.—2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
As a disciple (Student) Jesus gave us instruction. Like in How vital it is to gain accurate knowledge of what the resurrection is and what it means for mankind! Also essential is knowledge of God and Christ, for in prayer Jesus said:“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”(John 17:3)
First, they were to search out those who were “deserving.” But how were the disciples to treat those who did not receive them favorably?
Jesus told them to ‘shake the dust off their feet’ and go on their way. This means that they would get on with their work of declaring the “good news” and not waste time in angry disputes that would only irritate the householder and rob the disciple of his peace and joy.(Matt. 10:13; Acts 13:50-52)
Finally, something that I agree with 100%. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God by becoming a christian, take care.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Not ‘God the Son’ but “God’s Son”

Never did Jesus claim to be almighty God himself.

Any impartial reading of the Bible without preconceived ideas about the Trinity will verify that. For example, at John 3:16, Jesus said:“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son.” Just two verses later, Jesus again said that he was “the only-begotten Son of God.”(John 3:18)

When the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, he answered:“Do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world,‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?”(John 10:36) Jesus did not say that he was ‘God the Son’ but that he was “God’s Son.”

When Jesus died, even the Roman soldiers standing by knew that Jesus was not God:“The army officer and those with him watching over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things happening, grew very much afraid, saying:‘Certainly this was God’s Son.’”(Matthew 27:54) They did not say,‘this was God’ or ‘this was God the Son,’ because Jesus and his disciples taught that Jesus was the Son of God, not God Almighty in human form.

God himself testified that Jesus was his beloved Son, as the Bible writer Matthew noted when Jesus was baptized.(Matthew 3:17) Other Bible writers noted the same. Mark wrote:“A voice came out of the heavens:‘You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.’”(Mark 1:11) Luke said:“A voice came out of heaven:‘You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.’”(Luke 3:22) And John the Baptizer, who baptized Jesus, testified:“I have borne witness that this one [Jesus] is the Son of God.”(John 1:34)

So God himself, all four Gospel writers, and John the Baptizer clearly state that Jesus was the Son of God. And some time later, at the transfiguration of Jesus, a similar thing happened:“A voice [God’s] came out of the cloud, saying:‘This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.’”—Luke 9:35.

In these accounts, was God saying that he was his own son, that he sent himself, and that he approved himself?

No, God the Father, the Creator, was saying that he had sent his Son Jesus, a separate individual, to do God’s work.

Hence, throughout the Greek Scriptures the phrase “Son of God” is used to refer to Jesus. But not once do we see the phrase ‘God the Son,’ for Jesus was not almighty God. He was the Son of God. They are two different persons, and no theological “mystery” can change that truth.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

The Father Superior to the Son

Jesus knew that he was not equal to his Father but in every way was in a subordinate position. He knew that he was a beloved Son who had deep love for his Father.

That is why, time and again, Jesus made statements such as the following:

“The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing.”(John 5:19)

“I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.”(John 6:38)

“What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me.”(John 7:16)

“I know him [God], because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth.”(John 7:29)

The one who does the sending is the superior. The one who is sent is the lesser, the servant. God is the sender. Jesus is the one who is sent. They are not the same.

As Jesus expressed it:“A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him.”—John 13:16.

This is also made clear in an illustration Jesus gave. He likened his Father, Jehovah God, to the owner of a vineyard who traveled abroad and left the vineyard in the charge of cultivators—who obviously picture the Jewish clergy. In time, the owner sent a slave to get some of the fruit from the vineyard, but the cultivators beat the slave and sent him away empty. Then the owner sent a second slave, and the same thing happened. He sent a third slave, who got the same treatment. Then the owner (God) said:“I will send my son [Jesus] the beloved. Likely they will respect this one.” But the corrupt cultivators said:“‘This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may become ours.’ With that they threw him outside the vineyard and killed him.”(Luke 20:9-16)

Again, this makes it plain that Jesus is subject to the Father, sent by the Father to do the Father’s will.

Jesus himself said:“The Father is greater than I am.”(John 14:28)

We should believe Jesus, for he surely knew the truth about his relationship to his Father. The apostle Paul also knew that God was superior to Jesus, and he said:“The Son [Jesus] himself will also subject himself to . . . God.”(1 Corinthians 15:28)

This is further seen in Paul’s statement at 1 Corinthians 11:3:“The head of the Christ is God.” Jesus acknowledged that he had a superior God when he said to his disciples:“I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.”—John 20:17.

Cont...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

717 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 93,795
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 256,764
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min RFD 1,553
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min StarC 533,140
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,780
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 min Filipino guy 417
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Krackerjacks 115,422
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••