Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34252 May 9, 2013
yon wrote:
You see they just go into brain lock down when something comes up that demands thinking and a logical response. In this case NO DOUBTING.
They have hidden the past from the new converts and the old was are to embarrass to mention all the failed attempts to bring back the multiple times they predicted the Lord's coming. It's important to read the old one's as they try to elude from what was really said in these pages. They truly thought the Lord was coming on many occassions and especially tragic was in 1975 when many committed suicide from losing their jobs, selling their homes, etc, etc. Jehovah Witnesses are sadly considered the worst of all false religions as far as their belief being so out of norm with the bible

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34253 May 9, 2013
Student wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses reject Babylon’s blasphemous doctrines as taught in the false religions of the world. We render worship to the one true God, Jehovah,.........
o worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.”(Revelation 14:7) w89 4/15 pp. 18, 19

Blah, blah, blah. You are not allowed to think for yourself, read the bible for yourself nor speak for yourself.

You can't even defend your false doctrines.

Are you a puppet or a brain dead zombie?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34254 May 9, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you "know" so much about "them", yon?

Maybe he knows how to read and think for himself.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34255 May 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> From the pamphlets they bring to people's doors years ago. you can find all of these pamphlet online, obviously there not available from the JH's because they destroyed and made sure the young people would never know of their false doctrine. s o again the info I gave shows the pamphlet # and page.

That is an old Dub trick. They are always rewriting their own history. If they say something wrong it just disappears from their on-line editions. No mention of the change is ever to be found.

Watchtowerites used to be big on Prophecy. But since they were less accurate in their predictions than a broken clock they gave it up for lint.

Here is a partial list of their false prophecy:

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-Prophecy.htm

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34256 May 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Read for yourself (1 Cor. 13:8)
The Scriptures show that the miraculous gifts given to first-century Christians were only temporary in nature.
“Love never fails. But whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease.”(1 Cor. 13:8)
Does the Bible give any indication as to when the gifts would cease? Yes, it does.
Read for yourself the reported cases when the gift of tongues accompanied the outpouring of holy spirit: Acts 2:1-4, 14; 10:44-48; 19:6.
You will notice that in every case one or more of the apostles of Jesus Christ were present. According to Acts 8:18,“through the laying on of the hands of the apostles the spirit was given.”
Logically, then, with the death of the apostles, the transmitting of the gifts of the spirit, including the gift of tongues, ceased.
The gift of tongues had served its purpose. It had been well established that the Christian congregation had God’s favor and backing. Moreover, Christians had grown in number and had been dispersed to many lands, carrying the “good news” with them.(Compare Colossians 1:23)
‘But if the gifts have ceased, then what accounts for modern-day manifestations?’ some may ask.
“We are also aware that a similar phenomenon can occur under occult/demonic influence,” admitted a joint statement by the Fountain Trust and the Church of England Evangelical Council.
Could it be possible that the modern-day gift of tongues is not from God? Admittedly, accepting this may be difficult for those who claim to have the gift.
Of the 5,000,000 adult Americans who claim to speak in tongues, 33 percent do not even believe that the Devil is a personal being and that he can influence others. Well, then, how can you know for sure from what source modern-day manifestations come?
Jesus provided the key for identifying true Christians when he declared:“Every good tree produces fine fruit.”(Matt. 7:17) w81 8/15 p. 6

Wow. And just when I thought you couldn't do a WORSE job of defending your cults lies...

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is called "rationalization".
Obviously it is not meant to convince others as it is far to superfluous, tangential, spurious and frankly weak to do so. It is to maintain the belief of those who already believe and WANT to believe.
This is typical of cult propaganda just as the Watchtower is typical of cult behavior and authority.
So very typical.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34257 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> They have hidden the past from the new converts and the old was are to embarrass to mention all the failed attempts to bring back the multiple times they predicted the Lord's coming. It's important to read the old one's as they try to elude from what was really said in these pages. They truly thought the Lord was coming on many occassions and especially tragic was in 1975 when many committed suicide from losing their jobs, selling their homes, etc, etc. Jehovah Witnesses are sadly considered the worst of all false religions as far as their belief being so out of norm with the bible
Our past is not hidden. I can find any publication I want. We do have libraries in our Kingdom Halls.

At the convention held in 1966 at Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying:“Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said,‘Say, what does this 1975 mean?’” Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound.

He stated, in essence:‘It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’

In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation.

In 1975, there was disappointment when expectations regarding the start of the Millennium failed to materialize. As a result, some withdrew from the organization. Others, because they sought to subvert the faith of associates, were disfellowshipped. No doubt, disappointment over the date was a factor, but in some instances the roots went deeper. Some individuals also argued against the need to participate in the house-to-house ministry. Certain ones did not simply choose to go their own way; they became aggressive in opposing the organization with which they had been associated, and they made use of the public press and television to air their views. Nevertheless, the number who defected was relatively small. Jv (1942-1975) chap. 8 p. 104

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34258 May 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Our past is not hidden. I can find any publication I want. We do have libraries in our Kingdom Halls.
At the convention held in 1966 at Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying:“Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said,‘Say, what does this 1975 mean?’” Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound.
He stated, in essence:‘It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’
In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation.
In 1975, there was disappointment when expectations regarding the start of the Millennium failed to materialize. As a result, some withdrew from the organization. Others, because they sought to subvert the faith of associates, were disfellowshipped. No doubt, disappointment over the date was a factor, but in some instances the roots went deeper. Some individuals also argued against the need to participate in the house-to-house ministry. Certain ones did not simply choose to go their own way; they became aggressive in opposing the organization with which they had been associated, and they made use of the public press and television to air their views. Nevertheless, the number who defected was relatively small. Jv (1942-1975) chap. 8 p. 104

If you can see the other side of this at all you can see that the Watchtower cult is a lying, Satan inspired, spiritually and ethically vapid group of snakes that have destroyed countless lives, perverted the bible and are a living abomination.

I have provided proof that they are demonic.

Remember the links I gave you with their deceptions and use of Satanic imagery?

I can provide them again.

Student

Oregon City, OR

#34259 May 9, 2013
Dogen The Bible’s Viewpoint
Jehovah’s Witnesses—Different From Other Religions

Their beliefs—not mixed with traditions, pagan ideas, or nationalistic ideals—are based entirely on the Bible, which they believe to be the unerring, inspired Word of God. This makes for some significant differences in basic beliefs.

Use of the divine name: The name JEHOVAH, Yahweh to some, may sound strange to many people, yet the use of it more than 7,000 times in the Bible argues that God’s worshipers are expected both to know and to use his personal name.(Psalm 83:18)

Since Christians are “a people for his name,” Jesus used it in teaching his disciples.(Acts 15:14; John 17:26) In view of this, rather than thinking Jehovah’s Witnesses strange for using the name, would it not be more appropriate to ask why other religions do not consistently use it?—Malachi 3:16.

God’s Kingdom: A real government—though heavenly—with Christ Jesus as king, with dominion over the earth. It is not just ‘something in the heart.’“The government will be upon his [Christ’s] shoulder.”(Isaiah 9:6, 7, Revised Standard Version) It will vindicate the rightful sovereignty of God. He “will set up a kingdom that will . . . put an end to all these [human] kingdoms,” restoring unity and world peace forever.—Daniel 2:44.

The human soul: Not something immaterial and immortal that somehow survives the death of the body but, rather, the person himself or the life he enjoys. When created “the man came to be a living soul.”(Genesis 2:7; 1 Corinthians 15:45)“Immortality of the soul is a Greek notion formed in ancient mystery cults and elaborated by the philosopher Plato.”(Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970) So the dead are not really suffering anywhere. They are asleep.(Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) The hope for a future life for the dead hinges on the role of Christ Jesus as a ransom sacrifice and depends on having the favor of God for a resurrection.—John 5:28, 29; Acts 17:31; 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:13, 14.

The earth’s future: Earth will not become a lifeless cinder, either by God’s hand or by a nuclear holocaust. God “did not create it simply for nothing.” He “formed it even to be inhabited.”(Isaiah 45:18; Ecclesiastes 1:4) God’s Kingdom will see to it that his will shall “take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”(Matthew 6:10) Then,“the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”—Psalm 37:29.

Those who embrace such beliefs experience a change of attitude toward God, life, and fellowman. Life has purpose and meaning.—Romans 8:19-21.

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34260 May 9, 2013
Their Practices
These are also based on the Bible. Even though some of them may be viewed as odd, these very practices constitute significant identifying marks of true worship.

Public ministry: Many bring this up as a major difference in activity and organization. Yet, in this work Jehovah’s Witnesses obey Jesus’ command to “go ... and make disciples.” Imitating the apostolic example, all who qualify as ministers can teach “publicly and from house to house.”(Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 20:20) Some churches have the traditional clergy-laity division, but “there is not the slightest justification ... for that ‘split-level’ distinction,” says Theology Today. Rather, as the Encyclopedia Canadiana observes:“The work of Jehovah’s Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practised by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries.... All are brothers.”

Christian neutrality: Though little understood on this matter, Jehovah’s Witnesses remain neutral as to politics and to all forms of conflict that require one to hate one’s fellowman.(John 18:36; Isaiah 2:2-4) About early Christians, historian Edward Gibbon says:“They refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire.” So, what at first might appear to be radical is really the peaceful role of those who must be “no part of the world.”—John 17:16.

Racism:“Racial discrimination—still an issue in some churches—is not a problem for Witnesses,” said a newspaper in the southern United States. A genuine love for their Christian brothers unites them in a worldwide brotherhood. Though imperfect like anyone else, they strive to apply among themselves the teaching of Jesus:“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:35.

Of course, not all the things that make Jehovah’s Witnesses beneficially different have been discussed here. So why not get to know these Christians better? Your prospects for a happy present and future life are bound up in accurately identifying the religion that must be different if it is to meet God’s standards.—Matthew 7:21.

Location hidden

#34261 May 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an old Dub trick. They are always rewriting their own history. If they say something wrong it just disappears from their on-line editions. No mention of the change is ever to be found.
Watchtowerites used to be big on Prophecy. But since they were less accurate in their predictions than a broken clock they gave it up for lint.
Here is a partial list of their false prophecy:
http://www.bible.ca/Jw-Prophecy.htm
Well said, and true.

Location hidden

#34262 May 9, 2013
Student wrote:
Their Practices
These are also based on the Bible. Even though some of them may be viewed as odd, these very practices constitute significant identifying marks of true worship.
Public ministry: Many bring this up as a major difference in activity and organization. Yet, in this work Jehovah’s Witnesses obey Jesus’ command to “go ... and make disciples.” Imitating the apostolic example, all who qualify as ministers can teach “publicly and from house to house.”(Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 20:20) Some churches have the traditional clergy-laity division, but “there is not the slightest justification ... for that ‘split-level’ distinction,” says Theology Today. Rather, as the Encyclopedia Canadiana observes:“The work of Jehovah’s Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practised by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries.... All are brothers.”
Christian neutrality: Though little understood on this matter, Jehovah’s Witnesses remain neutral as to politics and to all forms of conflict that require one to hate one’s fellowman.(John 18:36; Isaiah 2:2-4) About early Christians, historian Edward Gibbon says:“They refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire.” So, what at first might appear to be radical is really the peaceful role of those who must be “no part of the world.”—John 17:16.
Racism:“Racial discrimination—still an issue in some churches—is not a problem for Witnesses,” said a newspaper in the southern United States. A genuine love for their Christian brothers unites them in a worldwide brotherhood. Though imperfect like anyone else, they strive to apply among themselves the teaching of Jesus:“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:35.
Of course, not all the things that make Jehovah’s Witnesses beneficially different have been discussed here. So why not get to know these Christians better? Your prospects for a happy present and future life are bound up in accurately identifying the religion that must be different if it is to meet God’s standards.—Matthew 7:21.
You're right, in the fact that this particular command is a true command and is to be done, but everything you believe and do has nothing to do with the bible, and I can easily prove it. Your doctrine is so far off from the bible it's tragic. Let's start with what does the bible say when the church was established? Then tell me what the bible says what one must do to be saved. Book, chapter and verse. What does the bible say on how we are to worship God? The belief that only 144,000 and the belief that we will be right here on the same earth is false..

Location hidden

#34263 May 9, 2013
Student wrote:
Their Practices
Yes you are according to God serve in the military. If a Christian believes it is wrong to serve in the armed forces or in law enforcement, then wouldn’t it be wrong to use those services as well? If it is sinful to be a police officer, then what would justify our calling for police protection in a time of crisis?

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - The wise man of God says there is a time ...

Moses knew there was a time to kill when he defended his oppressed brethren. Acts 7:22-35, Exodus 2:12-3:10

In John 15:12-13 Jesus said,“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” Also see I John 3:16. Men and women who serve in law enforcement and in the military may lay down their lives for their fellow man. They may sometimes sacrifice their needs, hopes, desires and even their very lives for others.

In Luke 10:27, Jesus says we must love our neighbor as ourselves. Just as this means do them no harm, it must also imply that we are to see that no harm comes to them. Remember the Golden Rule? If we enjoy protection and freedom, are we willing to protect and defend our family and neighbors?

Luke 3:12-14, John the Baptist told the tax-collectors and soldiers what? Give up your occupation? No.

Matthew 8:5-10 and Luke 7: 1-10, Jesus does not condemn the work of the centurion, but rather commends his faith.

Luke 14:31-32, Jesus discusses kings taking counsel before a battle. Would he use an illustration which did not have his approval?

Luke 22:35-38, Jesus now tells His disciples they will have need of a sword--a need that is even greater than the need for a robe.(Self defense is approved)

Luke 22:48-52, Jesus criticizes those who have come to arrest him with swords and clubs--things which would be rightly used against a robber.

In Acts 10 Cornelius was a Roman Centurion

Please read II Timothy 2:3-4.

Romans 13:1-7, excellent, self-explanatory verses on the function and authority (from God) of governments.

I Peter 2:13-14, discusses submission to governing authorities.

Colossians 1: 16-17, discusses God’s part in creating governments.

Proverbs 29:2, What happens when righteous people rule?

Please also See Deuteronomy 20
GOVERNMENT (WE THE PEOPLE IN THE U.S.)
•Rulers are ministers of God (Romans 13:1-7)
•They don't bear the sword in vain; an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil
•Also please see I Peter 2:13-17
•According to the inspired Apostle Paul, one can commit something deserving of death
•Please see Acts 25:10-12
•Please see the wisdom of executing a sentence speedily against an evil work (Ecclesiastes 8:11)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34265 May 10, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he knows how to read and think for himself.
Maybe you should look up to him, then.

At any rate, it's usually good practice to reply to the posts directed at you before you reply to the posts directed at someone else. If I recall correctly there's one or two posts directed at you previous to this one, from me, that have not been replied to.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34266 May 10, 2013
Student wrote:
Dogen The Bible’s Viewpoint
Jehovah’s Witnesses—Different From Other Religions
Their beliefs—not mixed with traditions, pagan ideas, or nationalistic ideals—are based entirely on the Bible, which they believe to be the unerring, inspired Word of God. This makes for some significant differences in basic beliefs.

This is false. Watchtowerites project their theology on the bible and looks for verses to support them. They were having problems doing that so they wrote their own version. Actually, they simply edited a known Catholic version of the bible.
Student wrote:

Use of the divine name: The name JEHOVAH,

"Jehovah" is not a divine name. It is a myth transliteration. It was make up around the 11th century by a monk who did not understand how diacritical marking influence pronunciation.

[QUOTE who="Student " Yahweh to some, may sound strange to many people,[/QUOTE]

No, most people know Yahweh is the name of God. That does not sound strange at all.
Student wrote:
yet the use of it more than 7,000 times in the Bible argues that God’s worshipers are expected both to know and to use his personal name.(Psalm 83:18)

That is the MISuse of the name of God over 7,000 times in the Watchtower abomination (NWT) "bible.

So, I can identify 7,000 errors in your bible without even opening it (actually I have a PDF version on my computer).
Student wrote:
Since Christians are “a people for his name,” Jesus used it in teaching his disciples.(Acts 15:14; John 17:26)

Jesus mostly used the familiar title for father (abba) for God. Actually, Abba is closer to "Daddy" than it is to "father". It is personal and familiar. Jesus certainly NEVER referred to God as "Jehovah" nor has ANYONE before about the 11th century.

You simply can't defend this perversion, can you?
Student wrote:
In view of this, rather than thinking Jehovah’s Witnesses strange for using the name, would it not be more appropriate to ask why other religions do not consistently use it?—Malachi 3:16.

Because it is NOT God's name. God NEVER used "Jehovah", Jesus NEVER used "Jehovah".
Student wrote:
God’s Kingdom: A real government—though heavenly—with Christ Jesus as king, with dominion over the earth. It is not just ‘something in the heart.’“The government will be upon his [Christ’s] shoulder.”

I thought you were supporting the JW's? What is wrong with the Satan driven government that the WATCHTOWER uses to evokes dominion over their pawns.
Student wrote:
Those who embrace such beliefs experience a change of attitude toward God, life, and fellowman. Life has purpose and meaning.—Romans 8:19-21.
Cont...

That is EXACTLY what I DON'T see in the JW's. They act EXACTLY like members of any other cult. They REFUSE to be corrected and are, by their own definition, always right. They REFUSE to see their errors. They RATIONALIZE their errors. They revise history to suit themselves. They advocate lying under oath. They claim authority ABOVE the bible (only the WATCHTOWER cult leaders can interpret the bible correctly so they have authority over it).

They believe they have ultimate truth (like every other cult).

They believe that their understanding of the bible is correct(like every other cult).

They believe that they can PROVE their theology (like every other cult).

They default to an external (human) power authority even if they claim they don't (like every other cult).

They claim divine authority (like every other cult).

They target people with low or depleted self esteem (like every other cult).

They disparage 'worldly' learning (like every other cult).

They believe they have special insight or wisdom (like every other cult).

They have a martyr complex and believe that supports their belief that they are Gods people (again, just like every other cult).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34267 May 10, 2013
Student wrote:
Of course, not all the things that make Jehovah’s Witnesses beneficially different have been discussed here. So why not get to know these Christians better?

Because these are lies and Watchtowerites are NOT Christians. They are a typical, garden variety cult. They aren't even the most popular cult. But their message is EXACTLY like that of of every other cult.

Come to us, we will love you more.
Come to us, you will be happier.
Come to us, because we have the REAL truth (and can prove it).

Just like every other cult.....
Same sale pitch.

Christianity is not about any of that.

Do you know what makes someone a Christian?

Do you have to join a cult or even a Church to be a Christian?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34268 May 10, 2013
<quoted text> You're right, in the fact that this particular command is a true command and is to be done, but everything you believe and do has nothing to do with the bible, and I can easily prove it. Your doctrine is so far off from the bible it's tragic. Let's start with what does the bible say when the church was established? Then tell me what the bible says what one must do to be saved. Book, chapter and verse. What does the bible say on how we are to worship God? The belief that only 144,000 and the belief that we will be right here on the same earth is false..

Have you tried to follow their logic that Jesus = Michael?

Seriously mentally ill.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34269 May 10, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look up to him, then.
At any rate, it's usually good practice to reply to the posts directed at you before you reply to the posts directed at someone else. If I recall correctly there's one or two posts directed at you previous to this one, from me, that have not been replied to.

Since you are new maybe you don't understand how an open forum works.

Location hidden

#34272 May 10, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried to follow their logic that Jesus = Michael?
Seriously mentally ill.
Sadly, there is no logic to follow at all. I studied intensely their practices and it's one of the most confusing I've ever studied. No use of blood transfusion being one that is translated incorrectly. As a former paramedic I can tell you that their explanation of using other things such as plasma, transfusing their own blood and others isn't something that can be used in emergencies and or simple procedures, it doesn't work because of time needed to help the patient effectively. They interpret the use of the passage in the old and new about eating ANIMALS or birds,

Genesis 9:4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.
----------
Leviticus 7:26 And wherever you live, you must not eat the blood of any bird or animal. The use of transfusing blood has saved billions of people's lives, and this with the fact that it isn't being consumed in an eating way proves their false doctrine on this subject.

Student

Oregon City, OR

#34275 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You're right, in the fact that this particular command is a true command and is to be done, but everything you believe and do has nothing to do with the bible, and I can easily prove it. Your doctrine is so far off from the bible it's tragic. Let's start with what does the bible say when the church was established?
Prior to the rejection of the Jewish nation and the end of its position as the congregation of God, Jesus Christ identified himself as the “rock-mass” upon which he would build what he termed “my congregation.”(Mt 16:18)

This is as Peter, to whom he spoke, understood matters, for the apostle later identified Jesus as the figurative “stone” that was rejected by men but was “chosen, precious, with God” and as the “foundation cornerstone” on which a person could rest his faith without disappointment.(1Pe 2:4-6; Ps 118:22; Isa 28:16) Paul also definitely identified Jesus Christ as the foundation upon which the Christian congregation is built.(Eph 2:19-22; 1Co 3:11)

And, belonging to Jehovah as it does, it is appropriately referred to as “the congregation of God.”—Ac 20:28; Ga 1:13.

This Christian congregation (Gr., ekklesia), founded on Christ, also has him as its head. Thus it is stated:“He [God] also subjected all things under his feet, and made him head over all things to the congregation, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills up all things in all.”—Eph 1:22, 23; see also Col 1:18.

The Christian congregation of God took the place of the congregation of Israel at Pentecost of 33 C.E., when holy spirit was poured out on Jesus’ followers in Jerusalem. The first prospective members of that congregation were chosen shortly after Jesus’ baptism, at the beginning of his ministry on earth.(Ac 2:1-4; Joh 1:35-43)

From among his early followers Jesus selected 12 apostles (Lu 6:12-16), and later he chose Saul of Tarsus, who became “an apostle to the nations.”(Ac 9:1-19; Ro 11:13) The 12 faithful apostles of the Lamb Jesus Christ, including Matthias who replaced Judas, constitute secondary foundations of the Christian congregation.—Ac 1:23-26; Re 21:1, 2, 14.( It 1 Congregation p. 498)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34276 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Then tell me what the bible says what one must do to be saved. Book, chapter and verse.
It can be seen that, while Jesus’ death on a torture stake plays a vital part in human salvation, acceptance of this is by no means all that is involved in ‘putting faith in the name of Jesus.’(Ac 10:43)

Following his resurrection, Jesus informed his disciples,“All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth,” thereby showing that he heads a government of universal domain.(Mt 28:18)

The apostle Paul made clear that Jesus’ Father has “left nothing that is not subject to him [Jesus],” with the evident exception of “the one who subjected all things to him,” that is, Jehovah, the Sovereign God.(1Co 15:27; Heb 1:1-14; 2:8)

Jesus Christ’s “name,” therefore, is more excellent than that of God’s angels, in that his name embraces or stands for the vast executive authority that Jehovah has placed in him.(Heb 1:3, 4)

Only those who willingly recognize that “name” and bow to it, subjecting themselves to the authority it represents, will gain life eternal.(Ac 4:12; Eph 1:19-23; Php 2:9-11) They must, sincerely and without hypocrisy, line up with the standards Jesus exemplified and, in faith, obey the commands he gave.—Mt 7:21-23; Ro 1:5; 1Jo 3:23.(it 2 Jesus Christ p. 61)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 841,360
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Think 591,284
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 7 min Johnny 44
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RFD 4,753
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Just Think 100,185
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min WasteWater 2,488
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 29 min WasteWater 5,934
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min waaasssuuup 612,271
More from around the web