“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34140 May 7, 2013
Student wrote:
At the time Jesus spoke of this fig tree he, as the “vinedresser,” had spent three years trying to cultivate faith among the Jews. Yet in spite of their many advantages under the Abrahamic and Law covenants, only a small remnant of the Jewish nation had accepted the Messiah.(Romans 9:4, 5, 27)
During the fourth year of his ministry Jesus intensified his efforts among the Jews, symbolically digging and putting manure around the Jewish “fig tree” by zealously preaching and teaching in Judea, Perea and finally in and around Jerusalem.(Luke, chapters 10 to 19)
However, halfway through that fourth year, a few days before his death, Jesus wept over Jerusalem and told the capital city of the Jewish nation that its house had been abandoned.(Matthew 23:37-39)
Jehovah, the owner of the Jewish “fig tree,” had inspected it once again in this fourth season of intensive care. Finding it fruitless as a nation, he ordered it to be cut down in line with the principle Jesus stated at Matthew 7:19. Thus the Kingdom of God was taken from the Jewish nation and given to a nation, spiritual Israel, producing its fruits.(Matthew 21:43)
This transfer occurred at Pentecost of that same year, 33 C.E. Thirty-seven years later, in 70 C.E., the cut-down “fig tree” was “thrown into the fire” when Jerusalem and the Jewish nation were destroyed.(Matthew 3:9, 10; Luke 19:41-44)
Just as the parable of the barren fig tree shows there are limits to Jehovah’s patience, Paul’s illustration of the olive tree, while highlighting Jehovah’s kindness, also shows his severity.
In his kindness Jehovah had sent John the Baptizer to the Jewish “natural branches” to tell them to “produce fruit that befits repentance” and to believe in Jesus.(Matthew 3:8; Acts 19:4)
Because of their lack of faith they were “broken off.” This decrease in the number of Jewish “natural branches” meant “riches to people of the nations,” inasmuch as Gentile ‘wild olive branches’ were grafted onto the Abrahamic-covenant tree to become part of the spiritual seed of Abraham.(Romans 11:12, 17, 20, 21) w83 8/15 pp.20-21

Cast off this ignorance of Satan who is your deceiver.

LEARN to UNDERSTAND the BIBLE in the context it was given.

You just parrot gibberish because you have no understanding and cannot write in your own words.

AGAIN you, unable to explain of your own knowledge, simply parrot THE WRITINGS OF OTHERS who are as blind as you are.

Can the blind lead the blind? Then how can the Watchtower Cult lead their slave cultists?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#34141 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is incorrect. Do you get all your disinformation from your zombie cult sources????
waw, the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is pronounced "wa" as in 'was'.
Hello Dogen!

I'm a little late to this conversation, but are you talking about the Hebrew letter Vav? As in the letter that in Modern Hebrew is pronounced as v and not as w as it is in Arabic (cite words aside)?

If you are aware, and I'm sure that you must be, that waw is interchangeable with vav in pronunciation then you must also understand that both YHWH and YHVH can be considered accurate modern transcriptions of the Tetragrammaton in English. In short, when translated to English, you get Jehovah. Similarly, you get Jesus instead of Yeshua (Jehoshua).

If you are someone who knows multiple languages, as do I, then I'm sure you can comprehend how a name can be written, pronounced, and read differently when translated from one language to another. Sometimes, they don't seem related at all.

Location hidden

#34143 May 7, 2013
yon wrote:
Still waiting for how you get from YHWH to Jehovah.
In short, it's the Latinization of the Tetragrammaton otherwise transcribed as Yehowah or Yahweh.

But hey, if you wanted a bible study, you don't live too far away from me. I could probably physically visit you.

Location hidden

#34146 May 7, 2013
yon wrote:
Names don't translate. They transliterate. Unless....the intent is to change the meaning. That goes for Messiah's as well. We still call Caesar Caesar.
Yon, you live by me here in Miami, it appears, so I'm going to guess that you either know some Spanish or can speak it fluently. How do you say James in Spanish, Yon? How do you say Peter? What about John? What about Paul? What about Luke?

Is it not Santiago, Pedro, Juan, Pablo and Lucas respectively? And if someone has those names in Spanish, is it not appropriate that their names be changed to their English equivalent when you are talking to them in English? If you want to debate the ethics of language pronunciation when the words are borrowed from other languages, take it up with the authorities of the English or Spanish Languages, like the Oxford University or the Real Academia Española in Spain.

As for me, I will continue to speak languages properly as the educated do. That means saying Jesus instead of Yeshua, and Jehovah (or Jehová in Spanish) instead of Yahweh, and Peter (Pedro in Spanish) instead of Petros as it is in Koine Greek. And while there is nothing wrong with saying all of these names in another language, you cannot fault me for choosing to say them in English when I am speaking English.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34147 May 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus revealed the kind of closeness that he had with his faithful apostles when he told them:“I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because all the things I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”(John 15:15)
Furthermore,“he is not ashamed to call them ‘brothers.’”(Heb. 2:11)
It is true that the Bible speaks of Christians as slaves of God and of Christ. But often the Bible uses human terms, that is, terms familiar to us, to make certain matters clear to us. This is because of our imperfection and sometimes because of our immaturity in Christian knowledge and understanding.(Compare Romans 6:19; 1 Corinthians 3:1, 2; see also Luke 17:7-10.)
So, although the word “slave” is used, Jesus Christ actually loves us far more than any master ever loved a slave, and desires us to be assured that he views us as his friends.

So god made a mistake.

What a puny little god you Watchtowerites have.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34148 May 7, 2013
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yon, you live by me here in Miami, it appears, so I'm going to guess that you either know some Spanish or can speak it fluently. How do you say James in Spanish, Yon? How do you say Peter? What about John? What about Paul? What about Luke?
Is it not Santiago, Pedro, Juan, Pablo and Lucas respectively? And if someone has those names in Spanish, is it not appropriate that their names be changed to their English equivalent when you are talking to them in English? If you want to debate the ethics of language pronunciation when the words are borrowed from other languages, take it up with the authorities of the English or Spanish Languages, like the Oxford University or the Real Academia Española in Spain.
As for me, I will continue to speak languages properly as the educated do. That means saying Jesus instead of Yeshua, and Jehovah (or Jehová in Spanish) instead of Yahweh, and Peter (Pedro in Spanish) instead of Petros as it is in Koine Greek. And while there is nothing wrong with saying all of these names in another language, you cannot fault me for choosing to say them in English when I am speaking English.

This is incorrect. Yahweh is correct in English. Jehovah is NOTHING in English.

Maybe a little history will explain it to you. "Jehovah" was a translation error due to early, English speaking, Christians not understanding how to deal with diacritical markings.

Jehovah is simply an error. That error got passed on to Spanish.

There simply is no way to get 'Jehovah' out of YHWH without committing the same error as early translators did.

So, in conclusion, Jehovah is not YHWH in English any more than John in Spanish is tjweivlksol.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34149 May 7, 2013
yon wrote:
Names don't translate. They transliterate. Unless....the intent is to change the meaning. That goes for Messiah's as well. We still call Caesar Caesar.

Correct. An while languages evolve the names within them evolve. But this is not the case with ancient Hebrew, which is relatively unchanged as Hebrew is (or I should say 'was') a dead language.

Hebrew has been somewhat reanimated in the last century.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#34150 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. An while languages evolve the names within them evolve. But this is not the case with ancient Hebrew, which is relatively unchanged as Hebrew is (or I should say 'was') a dead language.
Hebrew has been somewhat reanimated in the last century.
sorry
partialy you are wrong
modern name of G-D in english is Jehova popularly use by JW,and some christians cults
in German is Yeahova'h and so on dependent from languages

but in hebrew G-D name is HaSheme YHVH
Eyeh-Asher-Eyeh

this name is one of the 7 names of G-D HaSHEME YHVH,Reza Ma HA EL

Or Ancient of the Days
Eyeh is first- person on Tetragram for example YAHVEH,OR YEHOVA'H

My english awatar have name Jehova'h because posts are posted to the english public spoken popular english language and understand popular english name called JEHOVA'H GOD

In same way
JW bear true G-D name and are blessed with high probability of GRACE GIVEN TO SOME OF THEM JW

only as whole organization with all churches and leaders full of Lies they are condemned by G-D YAHVEH SABAOTH
and ther are all Babilon great empire of false religion from this crap devil spirit spiritual filthy bastions of Babilon great is sent by G-D HaSheme loud voice REV 18;4-5

Location hidden

#34151 May 7, 2013
HaShem is the hebrew word which pious jews use instead of the
YOD-HEY-VAV-HEY(VUVH- or YHVH)
Name in casual conversations,and literaly means The Name.
When thr encounter the name during prayers or when reading from the torah,they visualise VUVH and say ADONAI,
HA SHEM is used 7484 times in the Tanach
Neither HASHEM ,nor it's gree equivalent is ever used in the Nazareth Codicil.The first use,of HASHEM,is in;
Bereshit(Genesis 2;4) this is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created When HASHEM G-D made the earth and the heaven

HA SHEM means"self existent" or eternal,according to Strong page 308
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34154 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So god made a mistake.
What a puny little god you Watchtowerites have.
Jehovah does NOT make mistakes.

You really do not know what a slave is, so I will inform you. A slave has been defined as “a person who is the legal property of another or others and is bound to absolute obedience.”

We become Jehovah’s legal property when we dedicate our lives to him and get baptized.“You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price,” explains the apostle Paul.(1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)

That price, of course, is Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice, since on that basis God accepts us as his servants, whether we are anointed Christians or we are their companions with an earthly hope.(Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; Revelation 5:9)

Thus, from the time of our baptism,“we belong to Jehovah.”(Romans 14:8) Since we have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, we also become his slaves and are under obligation to keep his commandments.(1 Peter 1:18, 19)

In everyday life, even in small ways, we want to show that we “slave for Jehovah.”(Romans 12:11) w05 3/15 p.17
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34155 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is incorrect. Do you get all your disinformation from your zombie cult sources????
waw, the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is pronounced "wa" as in 'was'.
<quoted text>
This is STUPID. Jehovah has fallen out of favor since someone asked a Jewish person how to pronounce it and they said it correctly.
"Jehovah" is due (again!) to a KNOWN TRANSLITERATION ERROR.
You are the sort of dim bulb that would buy a used car with a flat tire and continue to drive on a the flat because it has always been flat.
Moron.
I know that anyone who would be duped by the Watchtower cult is to dumb to see reason, so I do not expect you to be rational.
<quoted text>
FALSE! Satan LOVES deception. Satan makes love to the Watchtower powers every night, all night. What could Satan love MORE than making people forget the TRUE name of Yahweh?!
You poor, stupid, ignorant, rube. You will gladly bow to whatever Satan teaches your through your mind control cult. You are his avid and passionate follower.
And you claim to be a Christian, with all your name calling?

“For you behold his calling of you, brothers, that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth; but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God.”—1 Corinthians 1:26-29.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34156 May 7, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry
partialy you are wrong
modern name of G-D in english is Jehova popularly use by JW,and some christians cults
in German is Yeahova'h and so on dependent from languages
but in hebrew G-D name is HaSheme YHVH
Eyeh-Asher-Eyeh
this name is one of the 7 names of G-D HaSHEME YHVH,Reza Ma HA EL
Or Ancient of the Days
Eyeh is first- person on Tetragram for example YAHVEH,OR YEHOVA'H
My english awatar have name Jehova'h because posts are posted to the english public spoken popular english language and understand popular english name called JEHOVA'H GOD
In same way
JW bear true G-D name and are blessed with high probability of GRACE GIVEN TO SOME OF THEM JW
only as whole organization with all churches and leaders full of Lies they are condemned by G-D YAHVEH SABAOTH
and ther are all Babilon great empire of false religion from this crap devil spirit spiritual filthy bastions of Babilon great is sent by G-D HaSheme loud voice REV 18;4-5

I don't know what English country you are from, but in the U.S. Yahweh is the name for God. "Jehovah" was popular 50 years ago, but since the correct name for God is now known no one says Jehovah anymore.

Again, this was a 12th century transliteration error.

The lack of understanding of diacritical markings in Hebrew among Christian's working with a language they did not know first hand let to the error.

Today we know better.

The rest of your post did not make much sense. Obviously you are not very acquainted with English if you think Jehovah is still in popular use!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34157 May 7, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
SMMFH.
I am ashamed to be a part of a species such as the Homo Sapien.
We are bringing ourselves closer and closer to self-extinction with this argument over "god" and "the proper name".
We have 7 billion humans and thousands of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons to kill each other with.
It is excruciatingly sad that we are so blind to the irony of trampling each other to death to get to heaven.
Humans need to stop childishly fighting over this "god".
This will cause the very Armegeddon you are all warning against.
Someone told us this story backwards. We all need to live for our gods, not kill for them or expect them to kill for us.
Humans have the idea of a god so screwed up, no wonder we're going to self-extinction.
Please stop fighting over god. It's not worth it anymore. We will wipe out our own future.

Relax.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34158 May 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah does NOT make mistakes.
You really do not know what a slave is, so I will inform you. A slave has been defined as “a person who is the legal property of another or others and is bound to absolute obedience.”
We become Jehovah’s legal property when we dedicate our lives to him and get baptized.“You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price,” explains the apostle Paul.(1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
That price, of course, is Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice, since on that basis God accepts us as his servants, whether we are anointed Christians or we are their companions with an earthly hope.(Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; Revelation 5:9)
Thus, from the time of our baptism,“we belong to Jehovah.”(Romans 14:8) Since we have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, we also become his slaves and are under obligation to keep his commandments.(1 Peter 1:18, 19)
In everyday life, even in small ways, we want to show that we “slave for Jehovah.”(Romans 12:11) w05 3/15 p.17

Jehovah IS a mistake. Only Satan inspired morons repeat such crap.

That is the only though you had, so that is all I need to respond to.

The rest is Watchtower cult claptrap. The crutch you lean on because you don't actually KNOW Yahweh!

Cultism is no substitute for reality.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34159 May 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
And you claim to be a Christian, with all your name calling?

33“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.34“You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.35“The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil.36“But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

You are a member of the brood of vipers. How can you, being evil, speak what is good?

Your is a cult that is inspired by Satan, who is your master.

You will go to him when he calls you.

Location hidden

#34160 May 7, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>So, since they are so wrong, what do you propose be done? Killing them off? converting them to your religion?
The human race just picking itself apart over nothing.
since creation this world by G-D HASHEME
G-D DIDN'T create any organize religion and man teachings from the top to the down and leading them by man deceived ways to the worse 2000 years blood shed,and atrocities against GOD
this worldwide christianity did this as leader and devil spirit pretending organize Gods Religion,
they fit Bible passages to create own god ,worship him and destroy milions of poor earthly souls

natural forces of Infinte Universe will destroy them with their own sword

Human race is dead spiritualy and phisicaly,and driving them apart is driving all of them by natural forces of universe to the eternal destruction

there is no way to avoid this or take part to wipe up this abominable deadly humankind worm from this globe.
Natural infinte Force(called by Bible God) will remove them swiftly and in the right time

Location hidden

#34161 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what English country you are from, but in the U.S. Yahweh is the name for God. "Jehovah" was popular 50 years ago, but since the correct name for God is now known no one says Jehovah anymore.
Again, this was a 12th century transliteration error.
The lack of understanding of diacritical markings in Hebrew among Christian's working with a language they did not know first hand let to the error.
Today we know better.
The rest of your post did not make much sense. Obviously you are not very acquainted with English if you think Jehovah is still in popular use!
I post 2 posts about G-D HaShem YHVH(VUVH)name
posts are based on my perfect hebrew skills and understanding originality of G-D NAME HASHEME YAHVEH SABAOTH

Obviously you are only narrow english spoken person living inside of your mind with simple modern english devil spirit errors?

just learn Bible,basic hebrew, and try to pray before open your mouth to talk about preciouss ferful G-D NAME MONARCH OF UNIVERSE.

G-D HaShem is not your brother,or neighbour nor english pr american church god

you suppose to seat in silence,and tremble hearing His High Majestic Awsome Most Holy name G-D HASHEM VUVH(YHVH)

Location hidden

#34162 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah IS a mistake. Only Satan inspired morons repeat such crap.
That is the only though you had, so that is all I need to respond to.
The rest is Watchtower cult claptrap. The crutch you lean on because you don't actually KNOW Yahweh!
Cultism is no substitute for reality.
IF you know Yahveh
why you dodn't try to invite those by the door JW and help them to know Yahveh true purpose?

Why you slam the door before them?
and shrie behind the door like idiot,or call police?

why you don't preach good news of true Yahveh?

I assume you are one more just blind scumbag and hater of not only JW but also yourselves
Romans 13;10
LOVE WORKETH NO ILL TO HIS NEIGHBOUR;
THEREFORE LOVE IS FULFILLING OF THE LAW

You don't follow this advice

and
if you don't understand my foreign english,please?
don't expose your vicious hate,rascism,and antinationalistic remarks about foreign english
kapisho???
Do Do Cockodoo

Baltimore, MD

#34164 May 7, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Relax while you help the human race kill itself over bullsh!t.
Relax while you wipe out our future.
Relax and watch the blood and carnage of humans trampling each other to get to heaven.
Something is really, really wrong with you to be okay with human self-extinction.
You are a murderer, plain and simple.
he is not able to be ralaxed
his hate and rascism is very strong and horible against JW,and himselves,
I am sure,if he seat on the toilet and fart,he punch his own fate because not relaxed soul and hate of yourselves and others make him very poor lost creature in the jungle of this wild evil and bloody hamnkind
Ella

Rockford, MI

#34167 May 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus revealed the kind of closeness that he had with his faithful apostles when he told them:“I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because all the things I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”(John 15:15)
Furthermore,“he is not ashamed to call them ‘brothers.’”(Heb. 2:11)
It is true that the Bible speaks of Christians as slaves of God and of Christ. But often the Bible uses human terms, that is, terms familiar to us, to make certain matters clear to us. This is because of our imperfection and sometimes because of our immaturity in Christian knowledge and understanding.(Compare Romans 6:19; 1 Corinthians 3:1, 2; see also Luke 17:7-10.)
So, although the word “slave” is used, Jesus Christ actually loves us far more than any master ever loved a slave, and desires us to be assured that he views us as his friends.
I think you are misinterpreting the scriptures. You move from being a slave, to a friend, to a son/daughter. It's a progression in your walk with the Lord. Thus a slave does not know what his master is about, whereas a friend is aware because it is made known to them, and a son is one who is led by God's Spirit. Abraham was called a friend of God. A slave is usually one in the bondage of sin; one in need of deliverance. Since you classify yourself as a slave, then according to God's own words, you wouldn't know Him or about Him.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min BenAdam 794,289
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min marge 567,655
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min AN NFL FAN 120,654
what's app me (+44) 07475470860 24 min crazy rob 2
Is Tv Evangelist Joyce Meyer really a woman tra... (Oct '10) 59 min Satan can preach ... 153
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 267,337
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 38,064
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Rick in Kansas 513
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,101
More from around the web