Student

Oregon City, OR

#34087 May 4, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
1st of all I would like to state that Jehovah God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Keeping that in
mind let me add this second point: Jesus said He could only do (John 5:19), hear (John 5:30) and speak (John 12:49-50) what the
Father (Jehovah God) showed Him to do and speak. Jesus further stated in John 7:16 that the doctrine He spoke was not His own
but the Father's. Jesus then instructs us in Matt. 28:18-20 (the Great Commission) and in Mark 16:15-18 Jesus spoke of the signs
which follow the believer. These words remember were not His but the Words of His Father (Jehovah God) who sent Him. So to
deny Jesus' words is to deny Jehovah's Word. Having said all of this let me ask you then, whose words will you trust and believe
in, Jehovah God or your organization?
Jesus himself said that many would say to him:“Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?” And Jesus’ reply?“Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”

Jesus did not deny that powerful works would be performed. But these would not be done by his authority,‘in his name.’ They would be done by some other power; hence, they were lawless.(Matt. 7:21-23)

On the other hand, Jesus said of the activity of his true followers:“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations.” He also said:“Go ... make disciples of people ... teaching them.” Yes, the witness today was to be preaching and teaching, not miracles such as healing.(Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20)

Jesus has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over his domestics,” that is, the individual members of the slave class,“to give them their food at the proper time.” He has also appointed the slave “over all his belongings.”(Matt. 24:45-47)

These “belongings” include the growing “great crowd” of “other sheep.”(Rev. 7:9; John 10:16)

Should not individual members of the anointed and the “other sheep” trust the slave appointed over them?

There are many reasons why the slave class deserves our trust. Two outstanding reasons are:
(1) Jehovah trusts the slave class.

(2) Jesus also trusts the slave.

Examine the evidence that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ have complete confidence in the faithful and discreet slave.

Consider what makes it possible for the faithful and discreet slave to provide timely, nutritious spiritual food.“I shall make you have insight and instruct you in the way you should go,” says Jehovah. He adds:“I will give advice with my eye upon you.”(Ps. 32:8) Yes, Jehovah provides direction to the slave. We can therefore have full confidence in the Scriptural insight, understanding, and guidance that we receive from the slave.
Jehovah also blesses the slave class with his holy spirit. While Jehovah’s spirit is invisible, what it produces in those upon whom it operates is not.

Think of what the faithful and discreet slave has been able to accomplish in giving a worldwide witness about Jehovah God, his Son, and the Kingdom. Jehovah’s worshippers are actively proclaiming the Kingdom message in over 230 lands and island groups. Does that not give undeniable evidence that God’s spirit is empowering the slave?(Read Acts 1:8.)

In providing timely spiritual food for Jehovah’s people the world over, the slave class must make vital decisions. In making them and putting them into effect, the slave exhibits love, mildness, and other aspects of the spirit’s fruitage.(Gal. 5:22, 23)

Cont ...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34088 May 4, 2013
What evidence is there that Jesus completely trusts his spirit-anointed followers?

On the last night of his life on earth, Jesus made a promise to his 11 faithful apostles.“You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials,” he told them,“and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.”(Luke 22:28-30)

The covenant that Jesus then made with the 11 will extend to all 144,000 anointed Christians.(Luke 12:32; Rev. 5:9, 10; 14:1) If he did not trust them, would Jesus make a covenant that meant sharing his Kingdom power with them?

Moreover, Jesus Christ has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over all his belongings”—all Kingdom interests on earth.(Matt. 24:47)

Included among these belongings are the facilities at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, at branch offices in various lands, and at Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls worldwide.

Included too is the work of Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making. Would anyone assign someone he did not trust to keep and use his valuable things?

Shortly before he ascended to heaven, the resurrected Jesus appeared to his faithful disciples and made a promise to them, saying:“Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”(Matt. 28:20)

Has this promise proved reliable?

In the last 15 years, the number of congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide has grown from some 70,000 to over 100,000—an increase of over 40 percent.

And what about the new disciples added?

Nearly 4.5 million disciples were baptized in the last 15 years—an average of more than 800 a day. These spectacular increases are clear evidence that Christ is directing his anointed followers at their congregation meetings and is supporting them in their disciple-making work.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34090 May 5, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misquoting. Unless you are sticking with the invisible return in 1914 or was it 1918 when the whole wtbt$$ BOD was in jail? He was speaking rhetorically to anyone who could read and been called to be pastors, teachers, etc, not some organization that uses fake names for the CREATOR AND SON, DON'T KEEP SABBATHS AND OTHER FEAST DAYS OR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS.
45 “Who then is a faithful and sensible slave, whom his master has put in charge of his household, to give them food at the proper time? 46 That slave whose master finds him working when he comes will be rewarded. 47 I assure you: He will put him in charge of all his possessions.
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that this parable pertains to the one true congregation of Jesus Christ’s anointed followers.

Beginning with Pentecost, 33 C.E., and continuing through the 19 centuries since then, this slavelike congregation has been feeding its members spiritually, doing so faithfully and discreetly.

Especially has the identity of this “slave” become clear at the time of Christ’s return or presence. The “slave” is identifiable by its watchfulness and by the fact that it is faithfully and discreetly providing spiritual food as needed by all in the Christian congregation. Indeed, this “slave,” or spirit-anointed congregation, is the one approved channel representing God’s kingdom on earth in the “time of the end.”(Dan. 12:4)

Witnesses of Jehovah understand that the “slave” is comprised of all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time during the 19 centuries since Pentecost. Accordingly, the “domestics” are these followers of Christ as individuals.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34092 May 5, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself said that many would say to him:“Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?” And Jesus’ reply?“Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”

A Wonderful description of how the JW false prophets will be treated by Jesus. Watchtowerism is inspired by Satan to preform wicked deeds, lie, distort Gods word and worship the god of the earth.

[QUOTE who="Student "]<quoted text> On the other hand, Jesus said of the activity of his true followers:“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations.” He also said:“Go ... make disciples of people ... teaching them.” Yes, the witness today was to be preaching and teaching, not miracles such as healing.(Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20)

Again a wonderful diatribe against the Watchtower cult. They preach falsehood all over the world attempting to assist Satan in his great deception. The spread of the filth and lies of the watchtower cult needs to be exposed for the deception of Satan that it is.

[QUOTE who="Student "]<quoted text>
Jesus has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over his domestics,” that is, the individual members of the slave class,.....them and putting them into effect, the slave exhibits love, mildness, and other aspects of the spirit’s fruitage.(Gal. 5:22, 23)
Cont ...

This is a lot of the Satanic Watchtower deception. It is the poor fruit (false prophecies, destroyed lives, murders) of the Watchtowerites that prove they are the minions of the god of evil. They will follow Satan into the pit of doom.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34093 May 5, 2013
Student wrote:
What evidence is there that Jesus completely trusts his spirit-anointed followers?
And what about the new disciples added?
Nearly 4.5 million disciples were baptized in the last 15 years—an average of more than 800 a day. These spectacular increases are clear evidence that Christ is directing his anointed followers at their congregation meetings and is supporting them in their disciple-making work.

Are you so brainwashed that all you can see is the cults lies and proclaim it to be truth? Cults gain converts rapidly, that is the nature of their Satan inspired deception. It is the goal of Satanic cults to use deception to convert the ignorant masses. I have already proven that the evil cult of Watchtowerism is a Yahweh forsaken abomination.

What the cult does not tell you is the number of deaths and destroyed lives that are their legacy. They are 3rd degree mass murders. They in educated countries they are LOSING members faster than they can gain them. This is one of the reasons the Cult is AGAINST education. An educated mind is one that is in a better position to see the truth.

Watchtowerism is an evil that will suffer the same fate as all human generated, Satan inspired evils. And it will destroy millions of lives in the process.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34094 May 5, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that this parable pertains to the one true congregation of Jesus Christ’s anointed followers.

It does. To bad you are not them. Look at the passages about false prophets. THOSE passages refer to the Watchtower Cult.

You can believe whatever delusions and deceptions you wish. Since you are under the control of your master Satan there is nothing I can do about it. But I will continue to educate the masses about the EvIl that is the Watchtower Cult and help them to discern what it really means to be a follower of Christ.

Thank you for being here. You are assisting me in my quest. People can see for themselves what hypocrites you and your cult sinners are and it will help me to inoculate them with truth from your evil.

Thank you for indirectly helping God. If your cult finds out what trouble you have caused and how you are assisting the driving away of potential brainwashies you will get your reward.

All faith in the true God Yahweh!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34095 May 5, 2013
yon wrote:
You still haven't explained how you get Jehovah out of YHWH, when there is no J in Hebrew or any language until roughly the 1600's.

No will you ever get a good answer for that.'Jehovah' is a perversion.

perverse gods for perverse people.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34096 May 5, 2013
Ella

Rockford, MI

#34097 May 5, 2013
Student wrote:
You have that backwards: We trust God and His Word as spoken by Jesus Christ. God knows the intent of our hearts
Ella

Rockford, MI

#34098 May 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="Student "
Moreover, Jesus Christ has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over all his belongings”—all Kingdom interests on earth.(Matt. 24:47)
Included among these belongings are the facilities at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, at branch offices in various lands, and at Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls worldwide.
Included too is the work of Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making. Would anyone assign someone he did not trust to keep and use his valuable things?[/QUOTE]

You misquoted this scripture , Matthew 24:47 reads:
King James Version (KJV)
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

We are adopted children of our Heavenly Father, not His slaves.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34100 May 6, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You misquoted this scripture , Matthew 24:47 reads:
King James Version (KJV)
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
We are adopted children of our Heavenly Father, not His slaves.
Matthew 24:45-47 NASB
45“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46“Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 47“Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

Matthew 24:45-47 DRT
45Who then is the faithful and prudent bondman whom his lord has set over his household, to give them food in season? 46Blessed is that bondman whom his lord on coming shall find doing thus. 47Verily I say unto you, that he will set him over all his substance.

“You were bought with a price. By all means, glorify God.”—1 CORINTHIANS 6:20.

A slave has been defined as “a person who is the legal property of another or others and is bound to absolute obedience.” We become Jehovah’s legal property when we dedicate our lives to him and get baptized.“You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price,” explains the apostle Paul.(1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)

That price, of course, is Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice, since on that basis God accepts us as his servants, whether we are anointed Christians or we are their companions with an earthly hope.(Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; Revelation 5:9)

From the time of our baptism,“we belong to Jehovah.”(Romans 14:8) Since we have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, we also become his slaves and are under obligation to keep his commandments.—1 Peter 1:18, 19.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34101 May 6, 2013
yon wrote:
The 144,000 are of the TRIBES OF ISRAEL Not those who have made up their own religion - but KEEP THE COMMANDS OF ELOHIM AND THE FAITH AND TESTIMONY OF HAMASHIACH. And have their real names written on their foreheads.
Rev 14:1,12

But if you read the JW propaganda version of the bible ....
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34102 May 6, 2013
yon wrote:
You still haven't explained how you get Jehovah out of YHWH, when there is no J in Hebrew or any language until roughly the 1600's.
How do you explain or say the other names in the Hebrew Scriptures, like Jabin, Jachin, Jacob, Jael, Japheth, Jehoahaz, Jerusalem, Judah, or Jeremiah ?

Where is God’s name found in Bible translations that are commonly used today?

The New English Bible: The name Jehovah appears at Exodus 3:15; 6:3. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24; Ezekiel 48:35.(But if this and other translations use “Jehovah” in several places, why not be consistent in using it at every place where the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew text?)
Revised Standard Version: A footnote on Exodus 3:15 says:“The word LORD when spelled with capital letters, stands for the divine name, YHWH.”

Today’s English Version: A footnote on Exodus 6:3 states:“THE LORD:... Where the Hebrew text has Yahweh, traditionally transliterated as Jehovah, this translation employs LORD with capital letters, following a usage which is widespread in English versions.”

King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24.

American Standard Version: The name Jehovah is used consistently in the Hebrew Scriptures in this translation, beginning with Genesis 2:4.

Douay Version: A footnote on Exodus 6:3 says:“My name Adonai. The name, which is in the Hebrew text, is that most proper name of God, which signifieth his eternal, self-existing being,(Exod. 3, 14,) which the Jews out of reverence never pronounce; but, instead of it, whenever it occurs in the Bible, they read Adonai, which signifies the Lord; and, therefore, they put the points or vowels, which belong to the name Adonai, to the four letters of that other ineffable name, Jod, He, Vau, He. Hence some moderns have framed the name of Jehovah, unknown to all the ancients, whether Jews or Christians; for the true pronunciation of the name, which is in the Hebrew text, by long disuse is now quite lost.”(It is interesting that The Catholic Encyclopedia [1913, Vol. VIII, p. 329] states:“Jehovah, the proper name of God in the Old Testament; hence the Jews called it the name by excellence, the great name, the only name.”)

The Holy Bible translated by Ronald A. Knox: The name Yahweh is found in footnotes at Exodus 3:14 and 6:3.

The New American Bible: A footnote on Exodus 3:14 favors the form “Yahweh,” but the name does not appear in the main text of the translation. In the Saint Joseph Edition, see also the appendix Bible Dictionary under “Lord” and “Yahweh.”

The Jerusalem Bible: The Tetragrammaton is translated Yahweh, starting with its first occurrence, at Genesis 2:4.

New World Translation: The name Jehovah is used in both the Hebrew and the Christian Greek Scriptures in this translation, appearing 7,210 times.

An American Translation: At Exodus 3:15 and 6:3 the name Yahweh is used, followed by “the LORD” in brackets.

The Bible in Living English, S. T. Byington: The name Jehovah is used throughout the Hebrew Scriptures.

The ‘Holy Scriptures’ translated by J. N. Darby: The name Jehovah appears throughout the Hebrew Scriptures, also in many footnotes on Christian Greek Scripture texts, beginning with Matthew 1:20.
The Emphatic Diaglott, Benjamin Wilson: The name Jehovah is found at Matthew 21:9 and in 17 other places in this translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text—A New Translation, Jewish Publication Society of America, Max Margolis editor-in-chief: At Exodus 6:3 the Hebrew Tetragrammaton appears in the English text.

The Holy Bible translated by Robert Young: The name Jehovah is found throughout the Hebrew Scriptures in this literal translation.(RS p. 191-193)
Ella

Rockford, MI

#34104 May 6, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:45-47 NASB
45“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46“Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 47“Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
Matthew 24:45-47 DRT
STUDENT, did you happen to see these scriptures below. I think this is why we don't agree.

John 15: 14-15 (Complete Jewish Bible)
14 You are my friends, if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a slave doesn’t know what his master is about; but I have called you friends, because everything I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Romans 8:14-17 (Complete Jewish Bible)
14 All who are led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to bring you back again into fear; on the contrary, you received the Spirit, who makes us sons and by whose power we cry out,“Abba!”(that is,“Dear Father!”). 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our own spirits that we are children of God; 17 and if we are children, then we are also heirs, heirs of God and joint-heirs with the Messiah — provided we are suffering with him in order also to be glorified with him.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#34105 May 6, 2013
yon wrote:
The 144,000 are of the TRIBES OF ISRAEL Not those who have made up their own religion - but KEEP THE COMMANDS OF ELOHIM AND THE FAITH AND TESTIMONY OF HAMASHIACH. And have their real names written on their foreheads.
Rev 14:1,12
Ever read Galatians 6:16? And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

This expression, found only once in Scripture, refers to spiritual Israel rather than to racial descendants of Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel.(Ge 32:22-28)

The Bible speaks of “Israel in a fleshly way”(1Co 10:18), as well as spiritual Israel made up of those for whom descent from Abraham is not a requirement.(Mt 3:9)

The apostle Paul, when using the expression “the Israel of God,” shows that it has nothing to do with whether one is a circumcised descendant of Abraham or not.(Ga 6:15, 16)

The prophet Hosea foretold that God, in rejecting the nation of natural Israel in favor of this spiritual nation, which includes Gentiles, would say “to those not my people:‘You are my people.’”(Ho 2:23; Ro 9:22-25)

In due time the Kingdom of God was taken away from the nation of natural Jews and given to a spiritual nation bringing forth Kingdom fruitage.(Mt 21:43)

To be sure, natural Jews were included in spiritual Israel. The apostles and others who received holy spirit at Pentecost in 33 C.E.(about 120), those added on that day (about 3,000), and those that later increased the number to about 5,000 were all Jews and proselytes.(Ac 1:13-15; 2:41; 4:4)

But even at that, they were, as Isaiah described them,“a mere remnant” saved out of that cast-off nation.(Isa 10:21, 22; Ro 9:27) it p. 1234

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#34108 May 6, 2013
Student wrote:
How do you explain or say the other names in the Hebrew Scriptures, like Jabin, Jachin, Jacob, Jael, Japheth, Jehoahaz, Jerusalem, Judah, or Jeremiah ?
The New English Bible: The name Jehovah appears at Exodus 3:15; 6:3. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24; Ezekiel 48:35.(But if this and other translations use “Jehovah” in several places, why not be consistent in using it at every place where the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew text?)
Revised Standard Version: A footnote on Exodus 3:15 says:“The word LORD when spelled with capital letters, stands for the divine name, YHWH.”
Today’s English Version: A footnote on Exodus 6:3 states:“THE LORD:... Where the Hebrew text has Yahweh, traditionally transliterated as Jehovah, this translation employs LORD with capital letters, following a usage which is widespread in English versions.”
King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24.
American Standard Version: The name Jehovah is used consistently in the Hebrew Scriptures in this translation, beginning with Genesis 2:4.
Douay Version: A footnote on Exodus 6:3 says:“My name Adonai. The name, which is in the Hebrew text, is that most proper name of God, which signifieth his eternal, self-existing being,(Exod. 3, 14,) which the Jews out of reverence never pronounce; but, instead of it, whenever it occurs in the Bible, they read Adonai, which signifies the Lord; and, therefore, they put the points or vowels, which belong to the name Adonai, to the four letters of that other ineffable name, Jod, He, Vau, He. Hence some moderns have framed the name of Jehovah, unknown to all the ancients, whether Jews or Christians; for the true pronunciation of the name, which is in the Hebrew text, by long disuse is now quite lost.”(It is interesting that The Catholic Encyclopedia [1913, Vol. VIII, p. 329] states:“Jehovah, the proper name of God in the Old Testament; hence the Jews called it the name by excellence, the great name, the only name.”)
The Holy Bible translated by Ronald A. Knox: The name Yahweh is found in footnotes at Exodus 3:14 and 6:3.
The New American Bible: A footnote on Exodus 3:14 favors the form “Yahweh,” but the name does not appear in the main text of the translation. In the Saint Joseph Edition, see also the appendix Bible Dictionary under “Lord” and “Yahweh.”
The Jerusalem Bible: The Tetragrammaton is translated Yahweh, starting with its first occurrence, at Genesis 2:4.
New World Translation: The name Jehovah is used in both the Hebrew and the Christian Greek Scriptures in this translation, appearing 7,210 times.
An American Translation: At Exodus 3:15 and 6:3 the name Yahweh is used, followed by “the LORD” in brackets.
The Bible in Living English, S. T. Byington: The name Jehovah is used throughout the Hebrew Scriptures.
The ‘Holy Scriptures’ translated by J. N. Darby: The name Jehovah appears throughout the Hebrew Scriptures, also in many footnotes on Christian Greek Scripture texts, beginning with Matthew 1:20.
The Emphatic Diaglott, Benjamin Wilson: The name Jehovah is found at Matthew 21:9 and in 17 other places in this translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures.
The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text—A New Translation, Jewish Publication Society of America, Max Margolis editor-in-chief: At Exodus 6:3 the Hebrew Tetragrammaton appears in the English text.

EDITED FOR SPACE
Personally, I don't think you answered yon's question. Instead, you showed the reason for "Jehovah's Witnesses" use of the term. In saying that, I ask the same, especially considering that the pronunciation doesn't equate to the pronunciation of the term "adonai" either? And in saying that, then wouldn't the pronunciations "YAH-hoo-way," or "YAH-hoo-woy," be more accurate?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34109 May 6, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible translated by Robert Young: The name Jehovah is found throughout the Hebrew Scriptures in this literal translation.(RS p. 191-193)

Jibber jabber. You have, at great length proved that you cannot prove 'Jehovah' is legit.

Nice failure. Yahweh rules, Jehovah drools.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34110 May 6, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting

We will still be waiting a year from now. He just quotes his cults propaganda. Watchtowerites are not allowed to think for themselves nor express an opinion against the cult.

You can be "disfellowshipped" for it.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#34111 May 6, 2013
Student wrote:
Ever read Galatians 6:16? And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.
This expression, found only once in Scripture, refers to spiritual Israel rather than to racial descendants of Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel.(Ge 32:22-28)
The Bible speaks of “Israel in a fleshly way”(1Co 10:18), as well as spiritual Israel made up of those for whom descent from Abraham is not a requirement.(Mt 3:9)
The apostle Paul, when using the expression “the Israel of God,” shows that it has nothing to do with whether one is a circumcised descendant of Abraham or not.(Ga 6:15, 16)
The prophet Hosea foretold that God, in rejecting the nation of natural Israel in favor of this spiritual nation, which includes Gentiles, would say “to those not my people:‘You are my people.’”(Ho 2:23; Ro 9:22-25)
In due time the Kingdom of God was taken away from the nation of natural Jews and given to a spiritual nation bringing forth Kingdom fruitage.(Mt 21:43)
To be sure, natural Jews were included in spiritual Israel. The apostles and others who received holy spirit at Pentecost in 33 C.E.(about 120), those added on that day (about 3,000), and those that later increased the number to about 5,000 were all Jews and proselytes.(Ac 1:13-15; 2:41; 4:4)
But even at that, they were, as Isaiah described them,“a mere remnant” saved out of that cast-off nation.(Isa 10:21, 22; Ro 9:27) it p. 1234
Your answer is erroneous, friend.

First, there are two kingdom-bound nations. The first is the nation of Israel that accept(ed) "God's" only-begotten Son. The second is the Israel of "God," consisting of those of Israel not elected along with the converted Gentiles. If not, then what's the spiritual significance of naming twelve tribes at Revelation 7? And secondly, it wasn't the nation of Israel that was prophesied to be rejected at Matthew 21:43. It was the priesthood.

Be careful not to boast against the branches, friend.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#34112 May 6, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>

This is just more JW claptrap.

Are you completely unable to think for yourself?

You are still committing CRIMINAL acts on the internet.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002229

You DO NOT OWN copyrighted JW brainwashing materials.

Not quoting your source is a lie and inspired in you by the father of lies who is your true master and your are his true slave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,506
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min MUQ1 263,717
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min MUQ1 37,661
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 56 min truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 57 min andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 1 hr dess71 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 555,197
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr BottomNow 1,191

Top Stories People Search