Location hidden

#33932 Apr 19, 2013
I think our student ran away.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33933 Apr 19, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Satan is keeping you busy. He is the Father of Lies and the Watchtower is his first born son.
Reregistration is not REQUIRED on JW.org . But I am registered. At least till they find out what I am doing with their information.
Before you run away, remember I can back up EVERYTHING I say. You can't. That should give you a clue.
Are you afraid?
Ya right YOU CAN BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU SAY? Not according to the SCRIPTURES you can’t.

Am I afraid? Are you kidding! I believe that through my studying the Scriptures that I am NOT IGNORANT OF SATAN DESIGNS.

In Revelation he is shown to be the one “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”(Re 12:9)

The apostle John said that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”(1Jo 5:19) He is therefore “the ruler of this world.”(Joh 12:31)

That is why James wrote that “the friendship with the world is enmity with God.”(Jas 4:4)

Satan the Devil also has a visible human part to his organization. Do we belong to it or side with it?

“Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve.”(Josh. 24:15)

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#33934 Apr 19, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right YOU CAN BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU SAY? Not according to the SCRIPTURES you can’t.

You're cute when your having a temper tantrum.

Not about the scriptures. It is about the cult you belong to being part of the body of the antichrist. Satan has you by the balls, kid.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Am I afraid? Are you kidding! I believe that through my studying the Scriptures that I am NOT IGNORANT OF SATAN DESIGNS.

You are reading a book inspired by Satan and are a member of one of Satan's strongholds. Your mind is made to putty by your desperate need to belong. You know if your cult was taken away from you that you would be lost.

So perhaps it is better than you have Satan to wipe your behind for you. You would be lost without him. Not everyone is equipped to think for themselves and to search earnestly for the truth.

[QUOTE who="Student "]<quoted text> In Revelation he is shown to be the one “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”(Re 12:9)

He has done well with you.

[QUOTE who="Student "]<quoted text> The apostle John said that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”(1Jo 5:19) He is therefore “the ruler of this world.”(Joh 12:31)
That is why James wrote that “the friendship with the world is enmity with God.”(Jas 4:4)
Satan the Devil also has a visible human part to his organization. Do we belong to it or side with it?
“Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve.”(Josh. 24:15)

So why have you chosen Satan? Weakness? Ignorance? The desperate need to belong?

If you want to follow Yahweh you must leave behind the institutions of man who are ruled by Satan.

You ready to learn?

We will start easy. No sweat here.

Look up and READ the following verses in a real bible.

Colossians 2:9 (and look up the meaning of the Greek word somatikos).
[Scream bloody murder when you get the point]

So, already your cult has lied to you. Haven't they?!

Luke 24:39

John 2:19-22

Then you will be ready for your first question.

[Theme from Jeopardy playing]

For extra credit you can review the following site:

http://4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-facts.ph...

Let me know when you are ready for your quiz.

The quiz will will be 'closed sales literature' so no peaking at the Watchtower cults rationalizations and lies when taking the test.
Student

Hermosillo, Mexico

#33935 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
To be a true disciple of Jesus Christ one must first know Him. To 'know' Him does not mean having rehearsed head knowledge of Him as you pass out literature to fulfill your monthly quota.
A disciple is a taught one, a learner, a pupil. The Hebrew word for a disciple (lim mudh) basically refers to one who learns, is taught, or is trained.(Compare Isa 8:16, ftn.)

Jesus’ purpose in teaching his disciples was to make them like himself, preachers and teachers of the good news of the Kingdom.“A pupil is not above his teacher, but everyone that is perfectly instructed will be like his teacher,” Jesus said.(Lu 6:40)

The effectiveness of Christ’s teaching was proved by subsequent history. His disciples continued in the work he had taught them and made disciples throughout the Roman Empire, in Asia, Europe, and Africa, before the close of the first century. This was their principal work, in accord with Jesus Christ’s command at Matthew 28:19, 20, which says: Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
Student

Hermosillo, Mexico

#33936 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
Your "enlightened" ones, which write your literature, enjoy the thrones you have put them on. They are no different than the teachers of the law and Jesus not only rebuked them, He said they did not know Him. Jehovah God commanded us not to have any other gods before Him. Yet the thrones you have placed your "enlightened" ones on make them your idols and any your reverence towards them is idolatry.
Idols? Who are you kidding? In Hebrews 13:7 (KJV)- Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrew 13:17 -(NW) Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU.

All of us show submissiveness to the theocratic arrangement and respect for the elders who are genuinely taking the lead, that they may do so with joy and not with sighing. By doing this, we show that we also respect the Supreme Overseer, Jehovah, and his Deputy Overseer, Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:25; Revelation 1:1; 2:1–3:22.

Student

Hermosillo, Mexico

#33937 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
I challenge any 'witness' out there to search out the scriptures in the KJV bible and compare it to your man made bible and you WILL see the errors.
In the King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24. But if this translations use “Jehovah” in several places, why not be consistent in using it at every place where the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew text?

In the Holy Bible the personal name of its Divine Author, whose name appears in the original Hebrew more often than any other name or any title. They admittedly follow the example of the adherents of Judaism, of whom Jesus said:“You have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.”(Matt. 15:6.)

Why did the translators of the KJV of the Bible use the word Hell in place of Sheol of Hades?

In the King James Version the word “hell” is rendered from sheohl 31 times and from haides 10 times. This version is not consistent, since sheohl is also translated 31 times “grave” and 3 times “pit.”
Student

Hermosillo, Mexico

#33938 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
Scripture tells us to be ready to give an account for what we believe so I further challenge any elder to prove to me in scripture that Jesus is Michael the Archangel and Abaddon (the destroyer).
Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Michael applied to God’s Son before he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also after his return.

Michael is the only one said to be “the archangel,” meaning “chief angel,” or “principal angel.” The term occurs in the Bible only in the singular. This seems to imply that there is but one whom God has designated chief, or head, of the angelic host.

At 1 Thessalonians 4:16 the voice of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ is described as being that of an archangel, suggesting that he is, in fact, himself the archangel. This text depicts him as descending from heaven with “a commanding call.” It is only logical, therefore, that the voice expressing this commanding call be described by a word that would not diminish or detract from the great authority that Christ Jesus now has as King of kings and Lord of lords.(Mt 28:18; Re 17:14)

If the designation “archangel” applied, not to Jesus Christ, but to other angels, then the reference to “an archangel’s voice” would not be appropriate. In that case it would be describing a voice of lesser authority than that of the Son of God.

There are also other correspondences establishing that Michael is actually the Son of God.

Daniel, after making the first reference to Michael (Da 10:13), recorded a prophecy reaching down to “the time of the end”(Da 11:40) and then stated:“And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of [Daniel’s] people.”(Da 12:1)

Michael’s ‘standing up’ was to be associated with “a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time.”(Da 12:1) In Daniel’s prophecy,‘standing up’ frequently refers to the action of a king, either taking up his royal power or acting effectively in his capacity as king.(Da 11:2-4, 7, 16b, 20, 21)

This supports the conclusion that Michael is Jesus Christ, since Jesus is Jehovah’s appointed King, commissioned to destroy all the nations at Har–Magedon.(Re 11:15; 16:14-16)

The book of Revelation (12:7, 10, 12) specifically mentions Michael in connection with the establishment of God’s Kingdom and links this event with trouble for the earth:“And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled. And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:‘Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down ... On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea.’”

Jesus Christ is later depicted as leading the heavenly armies in war against the nations of the earth.(Re 19:11-16) This would mean a period of distress for them, which would logically be included in the “time of distress” that is associated with Michael’s standing up.(Da 12:1)

Since the Son of God is to fight the nations, it is only reasonable that he was the one who with his angels earlier battled against the superhuman dragon, Satan the Devil, and his angels.

FYI………At Revelation 9:11, however, the word “Abaddon” is used as the name of “the angel of the abyss.” The corresponding Greek name Apollyon means “Destroyer.”

It should be noted, that at Revelation 20:1-3 the angel having “the key of the abyss” is shown to be God’s representative from heaven, and rather than being “satanic,” he binds and hurls Satan into the abyss.

Commenting on Revelation 9:11, The Interpreter’s Bible says:“Abaddon, however, is an angel not of Satan but of God, performing his work of destruction at God’s bidding.”

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33939 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
A disciple is a taught one, a learner, a pupil. The Hebrew word for a disciple (lim mudh) basically refers to one who learns, is taught, or is trained.(Compare Isa 8:16, ftn.)
Jesus’ purpose in teaching his disciples was to make them like himself, preachers and teachers of the good news of the Kingdom.“A pupil is not above his teacher, but everyone that is perfectly instructed will be like his teacher,” Jesus said.(Lu 6:40)
The effectiveness of Christ’s teaching was proved by subsequent history. His disciples continued in the work he had taught them and made disciples throughout the Roman Empire, in Asia, Europe, and Africa, before the close of the first century. This was their principal work, in accord with Jesus Christ’s command at Matthew 28:19, 20, which says: Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Satan works in the same way but is much more bureaucratic about it. Satan runs his church like a business. Satan lies to his members while teaching them to lie in turn. Satan encourages its members to lie in court, to disregard themselves and their families in favor of him. Satan pays people for their silence. Satan encourages egotism. Satan uses the bible but clouds his followers minds from the truth.

Satan has many names, but you may call him the Watchtower. A great liar does not disdain the truth, but warps it to his own ends. Satan is the master liar and you are his disciple.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33940 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Idols? Who are you kidding? In Hebrews 13:7 (KJV)- Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Hebrew 13:17 -(NW) Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU.
All of us show submissiveness to the theocratic arrangement and respect for the elders who are genuinely taking the lead, that they may do so with joy and not with sighing. By doing this, we show that we also respect the Supreme Overseer, Jehovah, and his Deputy Overseer, Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:25; Revelation 1:1; 2:1–3:22.

I believe the reference was to the Watchtowers cult's use of idolatry and pagan symbols.

I am less concerned with their ties to paganism and the masons, than with their fruit (lies, false prophecies, wrongful deaths, rejection of biblical scholarship, rewriting history,.....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33941 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In the King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24. But if this translations use “Jehovah” in several places, why not be consistent in using it at every place where the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew text?

This is a lie. YHWH (Yahweh) appear in the bible. Jehovah NEVER APPEARS IN ANY LEGITIMATE BIBLE, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME.
Why do you continue with this lie after it has been corrected?
I linked to a site that proved that 'Jehovah' is a broken translation and should never have been used. It even explains how we KNOW what the name of God is! Members of your cult like to claim that how the name was pronounced was lost to history. This is a WATCHTOWER lie, as I have shown.
Please stop posting lies. Yahweh does not need your lies.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33942 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In the King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24.

Incorrect as usual.

Exodus 6:3 El-Shaddai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Shaddai

Psalm 83:18 - Yahweh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

Isaiah 12:2 - Yah Yahweh
(see above)

Isaiah 12:2 & 26:4 - Hashem G-d
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...

Genesis 22:14 - Hashem
ibid

Exodus 17:15 - Hashem Nissi (Hashem is my Standard)

Judges 6:24 - Hashem
ibid

So NOT ONE occurrence of the name "Jehovah" in the Hebrew bible.

You have been lied to by professionals. Minions of the Father of lies.

Student

Magdalena De Kino, Mexico

#33944 Apr 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan works in the same way but is much more bureaucratic about it. Satan runs his church like a business. Satan lies to his members while teaching them to lie in turn. Satan encourages its members to lie in court, to disregard themselves and their families in favor of him. Satan pays people for their silence. Satan encourages egotism. Satan uses the bible but clouds his followers minds from the truth.
Satan has many names, but you may call him the Watchtower. A great liar does not disdain the truth, but warps it to his own ends. Satan is the master liar and you are his disciple.
This was in reply to Ella posting. Are you also Ella?
Student

#33945 Apr 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
So why have you chosen Satan? Weakness? Ignorance? The desperate need to belong?

If you want to follow Yahweh you must leave behind the institutions of man who are ruled by Satan.
So, you are telling us that Jesus did not have an earthy organization that followed him?
Dogen wrote:
You ready to learn?

We will start easy. No sweat here.

Look up and READ the following verses in a real bible.

Colossians 2:9 (and look up the meaning of the Greek word somatikos).
[Scream bloody murder when you get the point]

So, already your cult has lied to you. Haven't they?!
Jesus Christ’s perfect example and teachings do not have to be supplemented by human philosophies and traditions.

In his letter to the Colossians, the apostle Paul developed this aspect further when he wrote:“Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ; because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily. And, so you are possessed of a fullness by means of him, who is the head of all government and authority.”(Col. 2:8-10)
Student

#33946 Apr 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Luke 24:39
In Luke 24:39 the resurrected Jesus said:“See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself.” This suggests that Christ’s feet also were nailed. Since Thomas made no mention of nailprints in Jesus’ feet, his use of the plural “nails” could have been a general reference to multiple nails used in impaling Jesus
Dogen wrote:
John 2:19-22
As evident from the context, John 2:19 pertains to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We read:“Jesus said to them:‘Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.’ Therefore the Jews said:‘This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?’

But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say this; and they believed the Scripture and the saying that Jesus said:”(John 2:19-22)

It should be noted that, in telling about the fulfillment of Jesus’ statement, the Bible does not say ‘he raised himself up from the dead,’ but “he was raised up from the dead.” Other scriptures clearly show that God was the One who resurrected his Son.

The apostle Peter told Cornelius and his relatives and close friends:“God raised this One up on the third day.”(Acts 10:40)

Hebrews 13:20 speaks of God as the One “who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an everlasting covenant, our Lord Jesus.”

And, in his letter to the Romans, the apostle Paul wrote:“If, now, the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.”(Rom. 8:11)

Jesus Christ simply could not have meant that he would raise himself up from the dead.
Student

#33947 Apr 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Then you will be ready for your first question.

[Theme from Jeopardy playing]

For extra credit you can review the following site:

http://4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-facts.ph ...

Let me know when you are ready for your quiz.

The quiz will will be 'closed sales literature' so no peaking at the Watchtower cults rationalizations and lies when taking the test.
As we get to know Jehovah and his ways, we come to appreciate how true are the words that he spoke to his servants in times past:“I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk. O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments!”(Isaiah 48:17, 18)

Jehovah’s earnest desire is for his people to avoid calamity and to enjoy life by paying attention to his commandments. He knows how we are made and what will bring us genuine happiness.
Student

#33948 Apr 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect as usual.
Exodus 6:3 El-Shaddai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Shaddai
Psalm 83:18 - Yahweh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh
Isaiah 12:2 - Yah Yahweh
(see above)
Isaiah 12:2 & 26:4 - Hashem G-d
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...
Genesis 22:14 - Hashem
ibid
Exodus 17:15 - Hashem Nissi (Hashem is my Standard)
Judges 6:24 - Hashem
ibid
So NOT ONE occurrence of the name "Jehovah" in the Hebrew bible.
You have been lied to by professionals. Minions of the Father of lies.
Sorry but the KJV uses Jehovah name in Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Genesis 22:14; Exodus 17:15; Judges 6:24.

I have three KJV Bibles and not one of them uses any of the names you have listed here.

Please stay on the subject point!
Ella

Rockford, MI

#33949 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But was does that have to do with my original comment. Did Jesus have the apostles fulfill quota's in order to look good in the eyes of the church? Did the apostles expect to be reverenced by their peers? And the list could go on and on....
Ella

Rockford, MI

#33950 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Michael applied to God’s Son before he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also after his return.
Michael is the only one said to be “the archangel,” meaning “chief angel,” or “principal angel.” The term occurs in the Bible only in the singular. This seems to imply that there is but one whom God has designated chief, or head, of the angelic host.
At 1 Thessalonians 4:16 the voice of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ is described as being that of an archangel, suggesting that he is, in fact, himself the archangel.

"Scriptural evidence", cite it. The books of Genesis and the Book of John state, "In the beginning was the Word...(referring to Jesus) and the Word was with God....And the Word became flesh (Jesus)... Rev.19:11,13 shows Jesus on a white horse and it goes on to tell us his name, "The Word Of God". Jesus is the Word. Cite were Jesus' name was changed to Michael..
Student

#33951 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
Yes. But was does that have to do with my original comment. Did Jesus have the apostles fulfill quota's in order to look good in the eyes of the church? Did the apostles expect to be reverenced by their peers? And the list could go on and on.....
You’re original post was
Ella wrote:
To be a true disciple of Jesus Christ one must first know Him. To 'know' Him does not mean having rehearsed head knowledge of Him as you pass out literature to fulfill your monthly quota.
By explaining what a disciple is, I thought that you would have read that they are taught, first by Jesus and then by the apostles.

Doing God’s will was always uppermost in Jesus’ mind. He was thoroughly familiar with God’s Word and was thus equipped to give Scriptural answers.(Matthew 4:1-11; 12:24-31)

By paying constant attention to God’s Word, we too can become “fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”(2 Timothy 3:16, 17)

We follow the example of faithful servants of Jehovah in ancient times and in later times and above all that of our Master, Jesus Christ, who said:“In order for the world to know that I love the Father, even as the Father has given me commandment to do, so I am doing.”(John 14:31)

As we meditate upon the obedient course of God’s servants in Bible times, are we not encouraged to perform faithful service during the closing days of Satan’s wicked system?(Romans 15:4-6) We should indeed be stimulated to “become doers of the word” in the fullest sense.(James 1:22)

May we also show our love for God by continuing to do “just so.”(Mark 12:29-31)
Ella

Rockford, MI

#33952 Apr 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Respecting and esteeming someone is completely different than exalting someone. Your own followers refer to them as "enlightened" and "the 144,000" spoken of in Revelation. They are always spoken of in reverential ways when I have spoken to witnesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 836,890
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 589,259
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 4,050
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 9 min Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Porkpie Hat 271,244
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 24 min LMH1983 44
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 39 min MUQ2 412
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min Freebird USA 176,745
More from around the web