Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33893 Apr 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>No. But it can honestly be said that MOST do better than watchtower cult member. An organization dedicated to covering up its legal issues, lying to its members, raising fund to pad the coffers of the elite and pay off lawsuits. An organization that is run like a business because it IS a business. the bottom line is the bottom line.

In every organization, there must be some who exercise authority or provide direction.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are no exception, and they observe the authority structure outlined by the apostle Paul:“The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.”(1 Corinthians 11:3)

In harmony with this, only qualified men serve as elders in the congregations. And although Jesus—“the head of every man”—is in heaven, there are still on earth “the remaining ones” of his anointed brothers, who have the hope of ruling with him in the heavens.(Revelation 12:17; 20:6)

Christians show their submission to Jesus, and therefore to Jesus’ head, Jehovah, by accepting the oversight of that “slave.”(Matthew 24:45-47; 25:40)

In this way, the theocracy is orderly.“God is a God, not of disorder, but of peace.”(1 Corinthians 14:33)

Raising fund?
As we enjoyed the conveniences of the Kingdom Hall we became conscious of the fact that it must cost something to maintain such places.

There was no need for anyone to shake a collection plate under our nose or supply us with printed dues envelopes, as is the practice in many of Christendom’s religious houses. No one has to solicit funds to carry on the work of the great Owner of the universe, we learned.

We came to realize that it is repugnant to true Christians to beg, cajole and pressurize people into giving contributions. Responsible men in the congregations, were fully aware that such solicitation is not in harmony with the spirit and principles of Christianity.

It does cost something to maintain the Kingdom Halls, to supply heat, lighting and other conveniences that render them suitable for the work of conducting a Bible education campaign.

In each Kingdom Hall there is a contribution box, never prominent, into which anyone may drop his gift. The whole arrangement is quite opposite to the idea of solicitation. Only gifts willingly offered are appreciated by Jehovah and his Christian servants.(2 Cor. 9:7)

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#33898 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Some, like certain apostates today, are disloyally working as Satan’s agents to undermine the faith of newly associated members of the Christian congregation.(2 Corinthians 11:13)

Yes. A perfect description of the JW's. Satan's Agents!
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Rather than simply use the Bible as the basis for true teachings, they concentrate on trying to discredit the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, as if Jehovah’s Witnesses were wholly dependent on it for support.
But this is not so.

That is true. The WATCHTOWER is over the bible as they created it in their own image. The WATCHTOWER mandates what what the bible says and changes their beliefs, as needed.

It is no different than any other pseudo-christian cult out there. Moonies, Mormons, 7th day inventits, Branch dumbarses, Peoples trample, Pseudoscientology, the Manson family,....

They are all the same. Here are common characteristics of Cults. Is there ANYTHING on this list that does NOT apply to the Watchtower cult?

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

&#8234;Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

&#8234;Mind-altering practices are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

&#8234;The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

&#8234;The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members.

&#8234;The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

&#8234;The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

&#8234;The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

&#8234;The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

&#8234;Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

&#8234;The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

&#8234;The group is preoccupied with making money.

&#8234;Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

&#8234;Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

&#8234;The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
==========

Now, here is the challenge; what on this list does not apply to the watchtower cult?

BTW, I am a registered user of jw.org .

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33899 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In preparing the New World Translation, editions of the Greek Septuagint, the Syriac Peshitta, the Latin Vulgate and several other early manuscripts were examined.

FALSE! This is a lie told by the cult to its members. Only ONE of the people on the translation committee even knew ANY Greek and he was barely literate.

Student wrote:
<quoted text>The greatest indignity that modern translators render to the Divine Author of the Holy Scriptures is the removal or the concealing of his peculiar personal name. Actually his name occurs in the Hebrew text 6,828 times as &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1492; (YHWH or JHVH), generally referred to as the Tetragrammaton (literally meaning “having four letters”).

JHVH is a FRAUD. There is NO letter 'J' in the Hebrew alphabet!!!!!

It is a LIE told by the Watchtower to it's cult member to try to rationalize the use of the INCORRECT transliteration "Jehovah".

Student wrote:
<quoted text> By using the name “Jehovah,” they have held closely to the original-language texts and have not followed the practice of substituting titles such as “Lord,”“the Lord,”“Adonai” or “God” for the divine name, the Tetragrammaton.

This is yet another Watchtower cult LIE. YHWH is pronounced Yah-Weh and is generally written "Yahweh" in English.

"Jehovah" is from an early and incorrect transliteration done by people who did not know Hebrew well and did not understand what effect the diacritical markings had on the intonation of the word.

In other words the very name of your cult is based on an ERROR!

Go ahead. Tell me some more of your Watchtower lies.

John 8:44 tell who your real master is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33900 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually every religion depends on the belief that the human soul is immortal and that after death it journeys to an afterlife or that it transmigrates to another creature.

Wrong. Another watchtower lie!

Clearly you have never actually studied other religions.

Student wrote:
<quoted text> Nearly all the religions of Christendom today also follow that belief. Miguel de Unamuno,....
[blah, blah, blah, blah, blah].

Get a real bible and read it. I recommend the NASB as being a good translation. Your translation is arguably the worst available. It is really not a bible, it is just cult propaganda.

By manipulating such teachings, it became easy for a Watchtower class to keep their flocks submissive and in fear of the Watchtower and to extract gifts and donations from them.

The Watchtower is a money grubbing machine.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33901 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God’s WORD the BIBLE.

I'm sorry, I thought you read the Watchtower propaganda "bible" the NWT. I did not know you even OWNED a real bible.

Which version do you believe in?

Do you know that "believing in the bible" is not required?

Do you believe that you and the spirit are the best source for understanding the bible or do you need to read Watchtower cult propaganda to "understand" it?

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in response to the request for a “sign” that Jesus told his followers:“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”(Matthew 24:14)
This signifies that such earth-wide preaching of the Kingdom would be part of the composite “sign” that would mark “the conclusion of the system of things.” It would also be visible evidence of Jesus Christ’s invisible “presence.”

No, this is a misunderstanding of the verse. As per typical of Watchtowerites, it is quotemined (taken out of context with the intention to deceive). Here is the whole passage from a respectable translation [NASB in this case]:

9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 At that time many will [d]fall away and will [e]betray one another and hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12 Because lawlessness is increased,[f]most people’s love will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole [g]world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Perilous Times

15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

the Watchtower is spoken of in verse 11.

Student wrote:
<quoted text> By means of prophetic parables regarding God’s Kingdom, Jesus had told his apostles about the religious rebellion that was to take place after his return to heaven and their death.
During all the time of that apostasy, would there be any worldwide preaching of “this good news of the kingdom”?
Certainly not by Christendom’s religions!

Typical cult member. "Only my cult has the truth. All the others are wrong and I CAN PROVE IT!!!"

Very typical cult member.

So a religion that was founded by a man 140 years ago (a man who has subsequently maligned by the cult he spawned - falling into and out of favor several times, it the genuine shiet, eh?

The fact that it is NOTHING like early Christianity. Women are subjugated in Watchtowerism. In the early Church they had a prominent role (Till Paulism started gaining traction in the 2nd century). Your cult is run like a business but the early Church was run more like a social institution. Your cult goes door to door but the early church was spread by word of mouth. Your cult uses fear and propaganda to get people to convert but the early church was the friend of the people.

You have been told a lot of lies by your cult. The only fault I find in you is your not looking honestly at objective sources to find out the truth.

May you someday learn the truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33902 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught that his rulership, or Kingdom, is a heavenly one that would, in due time, destroy all human rulerships and rule over the entire earth.(Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9, 10)
It would not rule through human political systems.“My kingdom is no part of this world,” Jesus said.(John 17:16; 18:36) Thus, Jesus’ disciples, while law-abiding, stayed out of politics.

There was no politics for them to stay out of. They were subject of the Roman Empire, not living in a democracy! What foolish things you believe.

Questions: Is the book of Revelation a prophecy or a history.....?

When did Jesus' kingdom begin?

Is Michael,.... er..... Jesus, alive on earth today?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33903 Apr 17, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In every organization, there must be some who exercise authority or provide direction.
Sadly you have Satan exercising authority over your cult.

I have a number of links of sites that help former watchtower cult members reacclimate into society and find a decent church. I can give you links to their stories and their evidence as to what the cult did to them. Sobering stories.

Student wrote:
<quoted text> Jehovah’s Witnesses are no exception, and they observe the authority structure outlined by the apostle Paul:“The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.”(1 Corinthians 11:3)
Paul was a heretic and a misogynist. Not to say he did not have have some inspiration but Paul was a minor player in the 1st century. His message spread via the groups he started in Rome and when Pauline-Christianity became popular there he became a household name. At the end of the 1st century probably 90% of the Christians who knew of Paul hated him and considered him to be a heretic.

Student wrote:
<quoted text> In harmony with this, only qualified men serve as elders in the congregations.

This is false. In early churches started by the actual disciples women often had prominent roles. It was Paul that forbade women, not Jesus or his real followers.

Student wrote:
<quoted text> Christians show their submission to Jesus, and therefore to Jesus’ head, Jehovah, by accepting the oversight of that “slave.”(Matthew 24:45-47; 25:40)
If you use that apostate word again [Jehovah] I shall have to club you like a baby seal. Either use his CORRECT name or just say "god".

Student wrote:
<quoted text> We came to realize that it is repugnant to true Christians to beg, cajole and pressurize people into giving contributions.
REALLY? Maybe you need to come to my state and give the Watchtowerites some lessons on that.

Is that what your cult taught you?

Actually, the TRUTH is that the Cult was about to be prosecuted for tax evasion and changed their policies about how they solicited money.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33904 Apr 17, 2013
yon wrote:
Except the legal department.

AMEN to that!

Remember: settle out of court and pay for silence!
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33905 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Some, like certain apostates today, are disloyally working as Satan’s agents to undermine the faith of newly associated members of the Christian congregation.(2 Corinthians 11:13)

Yes. A perfect description of the JW's. Satan's Agents!
2 Corinthians 11:14,15
14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33906 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Rather than simply use the Bible as the basis for true teachings, they concentrate on trying to discredit the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, as if Jehovah’s Witnesses were wholly dependent on it for support.
But this is not so.
That is true. The WATCHTOWER is over the bible as they created it in their own image. The WATCHTOWER mandates what what the bible says and changes their beliefs, as needed.

It is no different than any other pseudo-christian cult out there. Moonies, Mormons, 7th day inventits, Branch dumbarses, Peoples trample, Pseudoscientology, the Manson family,....

They are all the same. Here are common characteristics of Cults. Is there ANYTHING on this list that does NOT apply to the Watchtower cult?

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
(TRUE) We must remain in union with God by observing Jesus’ commandments as he observed those of his Father.—John 15:10.
Walking as Jesus walked requires that we closely observe him as the Chief Leader and that we follow his steps closely.

The helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name,” said Jesus,“that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.”(John 14:26) The holy spirit, sent in Jesus’ name, guides and strengthens us today. It enlightens us spiritually and helps us to understand “even the deep things of God.”(1 Corinthians 2:10) Moreover, the godly qualities of “love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control” are “the fruitage of the spirit.”(Galatians 5:22, 23)
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33907 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;Mind-altering practices are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members.
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
(FALSE)
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33908 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
Before ascending to heaven, the resurrected Jesus Christ appeared to his disciples and assigned them an important work.

He said:“Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations.” On that occasion the Chief Leader also promised to be with them as they fulfill this assignment, saying:“Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”(Matthew 28:19, 20)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The group is preoccupied with making money.
(FALSE) NO COLLECTION PLATE IS EVER PASSED AROUND AT ANY OF OUR MEETINGS. There are NO Bingo Games, Dinners, Parking lot sales, or any other money making activity’s at any Kingdom Hall, or at the Brooklyn Headquarters in New York.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
(FALSE)
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
(FALSE)
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33909 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8234;The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
(FALSE) WE DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE BAD.
“Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.”(1 Corinthians 15:12, 33) Paul cautioned Timothy that even among fellow Christians, there might be some who do not act honorably. Timothy was told to keep clear of such ones, not making them his close associates.(2 Timothy 2:20-22)
How can we apply the principle behind Paul’s warnings? By avoiding close association with anyone—inside or outside the congregation—who could be a corrupting influence.(2 Thessalonians 3:6, 7, 14)

==========
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, here is the challenge; what on this list does not apply to the watchtower cult?

BTW, I am a registered user of jw.org .
BTW THERE IS NO REGISTERATION REQUIREMENT ON WWW.JW.ORG WEB SITE
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33910 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In preparing the New World Translation, editions of the Greek Septuagint, the Syriac Peshitta, the Latin Vulgate and several other early manuscripts were examined.

FALSE! This is a lie told by the cult to its members. Only ONE of the people on the translation committee even knew ANY Greek and he was barely literate.
Interestingly, the jacket of the 1971 Reference Edition of the New American Standard Bible similarly stated:“We have not used any scholar’s name for reference or recommendations because it is our belief God’s Word should stand on its merits.”
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text>The greatest indignity that modern translators render to the Divine Author of the Holy Scriptures is the removal or the concealing of his peculiar personal name. Actually his name occurs in the Hebrew text 6,828 times as &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1492; (YHWH or JHVH), generally referred to as the Tetragrammaton (literally meaning “having four letters”).

JHVH is a FRAUD. There is NO letter 'J' in the Hebrew alphabet!!!!!

It is a LIE told by the Watchtower to it's cult member to try to rationalize the use of the INCORRECT transliteration "Jehovah".
“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name, although “Yahweh” is favored by most Hebrew scholars. They point out that the abbreviated form of the name is Yah (Jah in the Latinized form), as at Psalm 89:8 and in the expression Ha•lelu-Yah (meaning “Praise Jah, you people!”).(Ps 104:35; 150:1, 6) Also, the forms Yehoh, Yoh, Yah, and Yahu, found in the Hebrew spelling of the names Jehoshaphat, Joshaphat, Shephatiah, and others, can all be derived from Yahweh.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33911 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text> By using the name “Jehovah,” they have held closely to the original-language texts and have not followed the practice of substituting titles such as “Lord,”“the Lord,”“Adonai” or “God” for the divine name, the Tetragrammaton.

This is yet another Watchtower cult LIE. YHWH is pronounced Yah-Weh and is generally written "Yahweh" in English.

"Jehovah" is from an early and incorrect transliteration done by people who did not know Hebrew well and did not understand what effect the diacritical markings had on the intonation of the word.

In other words the very name of your cult is based on an ERROR!

Go ahead. Tell me some more of your Watchtower lies.

John 8:44 tell who your real master is.
Since certainty of pronunciation is not now attainable, there seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation.

If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: Jeremiah would be changed to Yirmeyah, Isaiah would become Yeshayahu, and Jesus would be either Yehohshua (as in Hebrew) or Iesous (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33912 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually every religion depends on the belief that the human soul is immortal and that after death it journeys to an afterlife or that it transmigrates to another creature.

Wrong. Another watchtower lie!

Clearly you have never actually studied other religions.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Nearly all the religions of Christendom today also follow that belief. Miguel de Unamuno,....
[blah, blah, blah, blah, blah].

Get a real bible and read it. I recommend the NASB as being a good translation. Your translation is arguably the worst available. It is really not a bible, it is just cult propaganda.

By manipulating such teachings, it became easy for a Watchtower class to keep their flocks submissive and in fear of the Watchtower and to extract gifts and donations from them.

The Watchtower is a money grubbing machine.
Some linguists have examined modern Bible translations—including the New World Translation—for examples of inaccuracy and bias.

One such scholar is Jason David BeDuhn, associate professor of religious studies at Northern Arizona University in the United States. In 2003 he published a 200-page study of nine of “the Bibles most widely in use in the English-speaking world.” His study examined several passages of Scripture that are controversial, for that is where “bias is most likely to interfere with translation.”

For each passage, he compared the Greek text with the renderings of each English translation, and he looked for biased attempts to change the meaning. What is his assessment?

BeDuhn points out that the general public and many Bible scholars assume that the differences in the New World Translation (NW) are due to religious bias on the part of its translators.

However, he states:“Most of the differences are due to the greater accuracy of the NW as a literal, conservative translation.” While BeDuhn disagrees with certain renderings of the New World Translation, he says that this version “emerges as the most accurate of the translations compared.” He calls it a “remarkably good” translation.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33913 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in response to the request for a “sign” that Jesus told his followers:“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”(Matthew 24:14)
This signifies that such earth-wide preaching of the Kingdom would be part of the composite “sign” that would mark “the conclusion of the system of things.” It would also be visible evidence of Jesus Christ’s invisible “presence.”

No, this is a misunderstanding of the verse. As per typical of Watchtowerites, it is quotemined (taken out of context with the intention to deceive). Here is the whole passage from a respectable translation [NASB in this case]:

9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 At that time many will [d]fall away and will [e]betray one another and hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12 Because lawlessness is increased,[f]most people’s love will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole [g]world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Perilous Times

15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

the Watchtower is spoken of in verse 11.
NASB-9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
NW-9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.

NASB-10 At that time many will [d]fall away and will [e]betray one another and hate one another.
NW-10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.
NASB-11 Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.
NW-11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;

NASB-12 Because lawlessness is increased,[f]most people’s love will grow cold.
NW-12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

NASB-13 But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.
NW- 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

NASB-14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole [g]world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

NW-14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Do you know that in our door to door ministry we encourage the householder to use their own Bible? And we let them read from it.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33914 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text> By means of prophetic parables regarding God’s Kingdom, Jesus had told his apostles about the religious rebellion that was to take place after his return to heaven and their death.
During all the time of that apostasy, would there be any worldwide preaching of “this good news of the kingdom”?
Certainly not by Christendom’s religions!

Typical cult member. "Only my cult has the truth. All the others are wrong and I CAN PROVE IT!!!"

Very typical cult member.

So a religion that was founded by a man 140 years ago (a man who has subsequently maligned by the cult he spawned - falling into and out of favor several times, it the genuine shiet, eh?

The fact that it is NOTHING like early Christianity. Women are subjugated in Watchtowerism. In the early Church they had a prominent role (Till Paulism started gaining traction in the 2nd century). Your cult is run like a business but the early Church was run more like a social institution. Your cult goes door to door but the early church was spread by word of mouth. Your cult uses fear and propaganda to get people to convert but the early church was the friend of the people.

You have been told a lot of lies by your cult. The only fault I find in you is your not looking honestly at objective sources to find out the truth.

May you someday learn the truth.
The truth? First century Christians did not allow woman to teach. The position of teachers was of such importance that it is listed third, right after apostles and prophets, in the placement of members in the congregation.(1Co 12:28)
It was not a position filled by Christians generally (1Co 12:29), and it was never filled by women.
Wrote the apostle Paul:“I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man.”(1Ti 2:12)

Overseers, or older men, appointed to their positions by holy spirit served in this capacity.—Ac 20:17, 25-30; 1Ti 3:1, 2; 5:17.
Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33915 Apr 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught that his rulership, or Kingdom, is a heavenly one that would, in due time, destroy all human rulerships and rule over the entire earth.(Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9, 10)
It would not rule through human political systems.“My kingdom is no part of this world,” Jesus said.(John 17:16; 18:36) Thus, Jesus’ disciples, while law-abiding, stayed out of politics.

There was no politics for them to stay out of. They were subject of the Roman Empire, not living in a democracy! What foolish things you believe.

Questions: Is the book of Revelation a prophecy or a history.....?

When did Jesus' kingdom begin?

As for political controversies involving Rome and the Jews, Jesus, although a Jew, did not take sides. What happened at the very time of Jesus’ arrest demonstrated that he was not stirring up rebellion against Rome, and he did not want his disciples to do so. Roman soldiers together with Jews bearing swords and clubs came to seize Jesus.(John 18:3, 12; Mark 14:43) Seeing this, the apostle Peter drew a sword and struck one of the men, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus reproved Peter, saying:“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.”(Matt. 26:51, 52)

The following morning, when before Pilate, Jesus explained the reason for his action, saying:“My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”(John 18:36)

To answer your Question about Revelation. In Revelation 19:10, the angel tells John:“The bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying [literally,“is the spirit of the prophecy”].” That is, the intent and purpose of all prophecy is to point to Jesus Christ. This does not mean that Jehovah God is bypassed or ignored.

You’re Question: When did Jesus' kingdom begin? AT PENTECOST 33 C.E., Jesus Christ, the Head of the congregation, began actively ruling in the kingdom of his spirit-anointed slaves. How so? By means of the holy spirit, angels, and a visible governing body. As the apostle Paul indicated, God ‘delivered anointed ones from the authority of the darkness and transferred them into the kingdom of the Son of his love.’—Colossians 1:13-18; Acts 2:33, 42; 15:2; Galatians 2:1, 2; Revelation 22:16.

You’re Question:
However, when Christ came as a high priest of the good things that have come to pass, through the greater and more perfect tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation, he entered, no, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time into the holy place and obtained an everlasting deliverance [for us].

For if the blood of goats and of bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who have been defiled sanctifies to the extent of cleanness of the flesh, how much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works that we may render sacred service to [the] living God?

So that is why he is a mediator of a new covenant, in order that, because a death has occurred for their release by ransom from the transgressions under the former covenant, the ones who have been called might receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance....

Unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.”—Heb. 9:11-15, 22.
We must exercise faith in Jesus’ ransom, which involves having accurate knowledge of and appreciation for his giving up his life represented by his blood.—1 Tim. 2:3, 4; Gal. 3:22.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33916 Apr 18, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Corinthians 11:14,15
14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

Yep. Like I said, I look at the bitter fruit of the JWs and I know their source is Satanic.

How many lives have they ruined? How many have they wasted? How many of their misguided masses have died due to their perversion of of the bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Rosa_Winkel 608,147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Insults Are Easier 809,247
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Insults Are Easier 268,860
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 573,862
Moses never existed 1 hr Insults Are Easier 1,277
To buy safe and cheap FIFA 15 Coins, i do reall... 2 hr Amir2015 4
My Name WAS Renee " This is my story" (Sep '10) 2 hr One Mans Opinion 102
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 7 hr Jack 18
More from around the web