Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Be true

United States

#33834 Apr 12, 2013
So let me get this straight mo matter how good of person I try to be ,no matter how I raise my children help my fellow man and love God and Christ and strive to be a good person ,repeat my sins according to the GB and JW I'm apostate .Well what kind of God would that be? Student
Be true

United States

#33835 Apr 12, 2013
I can be JW and abuse children and my wife as long as I obey the GB I'm good .But if I'm me I'll never be good enough . That's insane. Huh student is that right

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#33836 Apr 12, 2013
Be true wrote:
So let me get this straight mo matter how good of person I try to be ,no matter how I raise my children help my fellow man and love God and Christ and strive to be a good person ,repeat my sins according to the GB and JW I'm apostate .Well what kind of God would that be? Student

Basically, yes. That is what the watchtower cult members are programmed to believe.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33838 Apr 13, 2013
Be true wrote:
It is important that we worship Jehovah in the way that he approves. Many people believe that all religions are pleasing to God, but the Bible does not teach that.

It is not even enough just to claim to be a Christian. Jesus said:“Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” To have God’s approval, therefore, we must learn what God requires of us and do it. Jesus called those who do not do God’s will “workers of lawlessness.”(Matthew 7:21-23) Like counterfeit money, false religion has no real value. Even worse, such religion is actually harmful.

Jehovah gives everyone on earth the opportunity to gain everlasting life. To have eternal life in Paradise, however, we must worship God properly and live now in a way that is acceptable to him.

Sadly, many refuse to do so. That is why Jesus said:“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”(Matthew 7:13, 14)

True religion leads to everlasting life.

False religion leads to destruction.

Jehovah does not want any human to be destroyed, and that is why he is giving people everywhere an opportunity to learn about him.(2 Peter 3:9) Really, then, the way we worship God means either life or death for us.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33840 Apr 13, 2013
one two

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33841 Apr 13, 2013
one two three
Be true

United States

#33843 Apr 13, 2013
So your are saying JW are more pleasing to Jehovah as long as they obey the GB which is made up of men telling what they think God wants you to do and secrets are ok as long as it protects the org JWs are the most judgemental you believe like most other religions except you don't you have GB and God to answer to . How does one come to believe the GB is gods word. The bible is the true word of god I'm sure it has been doctored. But you really think you need the GB and all those books to know what the bible says
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#33844 Apr 13, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It is important that we worship Jehovah in the way that he approves. Many people believe that all religions are pleasing to God, but the Bible does not teach that.
It is not even enough just to claim to be a Christian. Jesus said:“Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” To have God’s approval, therefore, we must learn what God requires of us and do it. Jesus called those who do not do God’s will “workers of lawlessness.”(Matthew 7:21-23) Like counterfeit money, false religion has no real value. Even worse, such religion is actually harmful.
Jehovah gives everyone on earth the opportunity to gain everlasting life. To have eternal life in Paradise, however, we must worship God properly and live now in a way that is acceptable to him.
Sadly, many refuse to do so. That is why Jesus said:“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”(Matthew 7:13, 14)
Jehovah does not want any human to be destroyed, and that is why he is giving people everywhere an opportunity to learn about him.(2 Peter 3:9) Really, then, the way we worship God means either life or death for us.
Everlasting life?'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten SON and whosever believeth in HIM (Jesus) has EVERLASTING life.

Jesus is the ONLY way to God.

God approves anyone to worship HIM---through His Son Jesus Christ.
Ask Jesus into your Heart.

Yes, FALSE religion will lead to destuction--remember that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33845 Apr 13, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>

I figure he will probably start by people who don't actually know his name and mispronounce it "Jehovah". One of the worst translations of a numb in the history of translation.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#33846 Apr 13, 2013
Be true wrote:
So your are saying JW are more pleasing to Jehovah as long as they obey the GB which is made up of men telling what they think God wants you to do and secrets are ok as long as it protects the org JWs are the most judgemental you believe like most other religions except you don't you have GB and God to answer to . How does one come to believe the GB is gods word. The bible is the true word of god I'm sure it has been doctored. But you really think you need the GB and all those books to know what the bible says
They would not dare leave their Watch Tower book at home---they would not know how to answer straight from the Bible. I am serious.

I have been to a kingdom hall service---it is unlike anything you think of as a CHURCH---it is more like a business place. It is sad.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33848 Apr 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Everlasting life?'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten SON and whosever believeth in HIM (Jesus) has EVERLASTING life.
Jesus is the ONLY way to God.
God approves anyone to worship HIM---through His Son Jesus Christ.
Ask Jesus into your Heart.
Yes, FALSE religion will lead to destuction--remember that.
The apostle Peter explained the key to acquiring godly devotion. He said:“May undeserved kindness and peace be increased to you by an accurate knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, forasmuch as his divine power has given us freely all the things that concern life and godly devotion, through the accurate knowledge of the one who called us through glory and virtue.”(2 Peter 1:2, 3) So to supply godly devotion to our faith and endurance, we must grow in accurate, that is, full, or complete, knowledge of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ.

What does it mean to have accurate knowledge of God and Christ?

Clearly, it involves more than just knowing who they are. To illustrate: You may know who your next-door neighbor is and may even greet him by name. But would you lend him a large sum of money? Not unless you really knew what kind of person he is.(Compare Proverbs 11:15.)

Similarly, knowing Jehovah and Jesus accurately, or fully, means more than merely believing that they exist and being aware of their names. To be willing to endure trials for their sake even to the point of death, we must really know them intimately.(John 17:3) What does this involve?

Possessing accurate, or complete, knowledge of Jehovah and Jesus involves two things:

(1) getting to know them as persons—their qualities, feelings, and ways—and

(2) imitating their example.

Godly devotion involves a heartfelt, personal attachment to Jehovah and is made evident by the way we live our lives.

Therefore, to acquire it we must get to know Jehovah personally and become thoroughly acquainted with his will and ways as far as this is humanly possible. Truly to know Jehovah, in whose image we were created, we must use such knowledge and strive to be like him.(Genesis 1:26-28; Colossians 3:10)

And since Jesus perfectly imitated Jehovah in what he said and did, accurately knowing Jesus is a valuable aid in developing godly devotion.(Hebrews 1:3)

How, though, can we gain such accurate knowledge of God and Christ? By diligently studying the Bible and Bible-based publications.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33849 Apr 14, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
How, though, can we gain such accurate knowledge of God and Christ? By diligently studying the Bible and Bible-based publications.

You mean tracks from the Watchtower cult? THE most lying group of "christians" on the face of the planet?

Why aren't watchtowerites allowed to think for themselves?
Be true

United States

#33850 Apr 14, 2013
Knowing Jesus is a valuable aid its the only way are you serous and those Bible publication wrote by the GB are not from God you don't need those to read the Bible where does it ever mention this in the Bible
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33853 Apr 14, 2013
Be true wrote:
Once again we turn to Jesus for the answer. How did he teach? Just examine, please, the following texts and see if you recognize Jesus’ simple system for teaching others: Luke 6:9, 32-34, 39-42.

What was it? He asked discerning questions. Why did he do that? To help his audience to reason and to examine themselves in the light of his teachings. With his questions he tactfully reached their hearts. They had to show whether they genuinely wanted to be his followers or whether their motives in listening were superficial.(Matthew 13:10-17; Mark 8:34-38)

Nearly all the Bible study aids that Jehovah’s Witnesses use in their ministry have questions for each paragraph of text explanation. This is a teaching aid that helps those studying the Bible to express themselves in their own words. Then it becomes clear whether the person understands the material or not.

Just as the early Christian congregation had a governing body at Jerusalem that directed the teaching work, so today there is a governing body to be found in the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses that gives evidence of being used by Jehovah to teach his children. It uses legal societies for the purpose of publishing Bibles and Bible-study aids and for training ministers. It helps organize Christians into congregations so that they can discharge their obligations to be teachers of God’s Word.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33855 Apr 15, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again we turn to Jesus for the answer. How did he teach? Just examine, please, the following texts and see if you recognize Jesus’ simple system for teaching others: Luke 6:9, 32-34, 39-42.
What was it? He asked discerning questions. Why did he do that? To help his audience to reason and to examine themselves in the light of his teachings. With his questions he tactfully reached their hearts. They had to show whether they genuinely wanted to be his followers or whether their motives in listening were superficial.(Matthew 13:10-17; Mark 8:34-38)
Nearly all the Bible study aids that Jehovah’s Witnesses use in their ministry have questions for each paragraph of text explanation. This is a teaching aid that helps those studying the Bible to express themselves in their own words. Then it becomes clear whether the person understands the material or not.
Just as the early Christian congregation had a governing body at Jerusalem that directed the teaching work, so today there is a governing body to be found in the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses that gives evidence of being used by Jehovah to teach his children. It uses legal societies for the purpose of publishing Bibles and Bible-study aids and for training ministers. It helps organize Christians into congregations so that they can discharge their obligations to be teachers of God’s Word.

All in keeping with 2 Timothy 3:5.

The JWs are the body of the antichrist. They are a mockery of what Christians should be.

Matt.7:16

Of course JW's don't believe in the fire. What a surprise they are in for.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#33856 Apr 15, 2013
Once the spurious addition of the fake, fabricated name jehovah is removed from the New Testament it is very clear that:

Jesus is the name borne witness to, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said to him: "Be on your way, because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel."

Acts 1:8 "YOU will be witnesses of me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

Jesus is the name used to expel demons, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"

Jesus is the subject of the kingdom good news, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Galatians 1:7 "But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ."

Jesus name invokes persecution, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah! Yet jehovah's witnesses falsely claim their persecution in the name of jehovah fulfills prophecy.

Matthew 24:9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Jesus is the means of salvation, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 4:12 "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

As their name implies, jehovah's witnesses predominant focus is on preaching about the fake, fabricated name jehovah while the message of the New Testament was to be witnesses of Jesus.
Constableme

Danville, AR

#33858 Apr 15, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but Watchtowerism is, in fact, a cult. They lie chronically (I have started writing an essay titled "How to Lie Like a Jehovah's Witness"), are based on very questionable theology, wrote a version of the bible to promote their viewpoints. They also made the mistake of publishing a word by word transliteration study guide that did not agree with their published bible so they had to pull it off the market and delete the online version.
The have published things in their publications which later they went back and altered the text in their online versions so no one else would catch it.
They have encouraged JW witnesses to lie in court.
They settle law suits out of court to keep it out of the papers and other media.
They have killed members by telling them they are not to receive blood transfusions that would have saved their lives.
They published a huge number of prophecies, none of which ever came true.
You can be disfellowshiped for questioning the church or even disagreeing with other JWs!
I have collected HUNDREDS of these tidbits about the watchtower cult.
You want more?
Why would I want to hear more of your lies? No one is disfellowshipped for the reasons you stated. I would say that you were disfellowshipped and didn't agree with the finding.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33860 Apr 15, 2013
Constableme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want to hear more of your lies? No one is disfellowshipped for the reasons you stated. I would say that you were disfellowshipped and didn't agree with the finding.

Everything I wrote was the truth. I have never been a Watchtowerite. I have done some dumb things in my life but nothing that stupid.

I just see what they do to peoples minds. Once they have a hold of your mind they take your money and your soul. The cult is founded on lies, much like the Mormons.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#33861 Apr 15, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not even in the original KJV and there's NO "J" in Hebrew!

It is not in ANY NT documents.

And it is a perversion of the name Yahweh. Originally an error in translation, but they can't back away from it now as it would be admitting an error. The Watchtower is free from all error and is above the bible.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33862 Apr 15, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
And ignore all the rest. Matt 15:24
"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Today we might wonder why Christ did not go to the pagans instead of preaching to those who were members of Judaism and worshipers of the true God. Jesus explained this when he said that he was sent forth “to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Like sheep that have strayed from their shepherd, so the nation of Israel had strayed from the true worship of the Great Shepherd, Jehovah God. Their religion had become corrupted by human philosophies and traditions. Because the religious leaders had become like blind guides Jesus said:“Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”(Matt. 15:14)

Those religious leaders were well entrenched in their positions of authority and did not welcome the efforts of Christ to change the religious thinking of the people. Yet change was necessary for those people to gain the favor of God.

Only a remnant accepted Jesus as Messiah and were saved.(Ro 9:27; 11:7) These were the ones that joyfully hailed him as the “King of Israel.”(Joh 1:49; 12:12, 13) The majority, refusing to put faith in Jesus (Mt 8:10; Ro 9:31, 32), joined their religious leaders in crying out:“Take him away! Take him away! Impale him!”“We have no king but Caesar.”(Joh 19:15; Mr 15:11-15)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 667,968
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 21 min catspaw1955 9
Everyone is a fool 29 min Truthiness 6
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 42 min Rider on the Storm 92,765
God has.......A-L-W-A-Y-S?!?!......EXISTED???!!! 46 min Truthiness 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 619,226
I have extra fertility meds in my fridge 3 hr Sarahdavis64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 979,480
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 286,096
More from around the web