Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#33771 Apr 7, 2013
I see that humans actually DO have to come close to this thing you call "armegeddon" before we realize that we're creating this all ourselves.

FIGHTING OVER GOD = ARMEGEDDON.

You all are a bunch of MURDEROUS THUGS for engaging in this STUPID fight over BULLSH!T.

YOU ALL ARE DIRTY LIARS AND YOUR LIES WILL MEAN THE END OF THE HOMOSAPIEN SPECIES.

WHY, WHY, WHY ARE YOU SO BLIND TO YOUR SUICIDE MISSION???

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#33772 Apr 8, 2013
A just God evaluates a person's heart and not just the denomination or religion involved.

Location hidden

#33774 Apr 8, 2013
yon wrote:
That's true - whether they want to follow his instructions, or make up their own, or join a socially acceptable religion. What is there to understand about "Thou Shall and Thou Shall NOT?"
?????
Student

Benjamín Hill, Mexico

#33776 Apr 8, 2013
Be true wrote:
The brainwashing. is strong .do you really see Russell like that he measured a pyramid to try to predict the end of time Rutherfurd was a drunk who rode around in expensive cars and thought he was a prophet . He even built a mansion in Cali were he thought him and the prophets would ride out the end of time together I know religion is corrupt but that's insane to wright all. that stuff off then attack Catholics and all other Christian faiths pot meet kettle
And what web site or book did you read this from?

Brainwashing, look at you’re pagan doctrines that had filtered into Christianity during the centuries-long apostasy.

Throughout the centuries, the apostasy had spread throughout the earth. The many church denominations had some Bible teachings but mainly followed human traditions and many customs of heathen origin. Expectations as to the return of Christ were generally pushed into the background.—Compare Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43.

Jesus had said to keep on the watch for his return! One group doing this was located in Allegheny (Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

In the early 1870’s Charles Taze Russell and some of his friends began to make a thorough, nondenominational study of the Bible with regard to Christ’s return. They also began to seek Bible truth on many other basic teachings. This was the beginning of the modern-day activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Matthew 24:42.

This group came to understand that the doctrine of the Trinity is not Biblical but Jehovah alone is the almighty God and Creator; Jesus Christ is His first creation and only-begotten Son; and the holy spirit is not a person but is God’s invisible active force.

This group saw that the soul is not immortal but mortal, that the hope for the dead is resurrection, and that the punishment for unrepentant wickedness is not eternal torment but annihilation.

Jesus’ giving his life as a ransom for mankind was seen to be a basic Bible teaching. First, 144,000 men and women, chosen from the first century down to our time, will be redeemed from the earth to be joint heirs with Christ in the heavenly Kingdom.

Then through Jesus’ ransom billions of mankind, the majority of whom will be resurrected from the dead, will attain human perfection with the prospect of everlasting life on earth under that Kingdom rule.

Russell and his associates also saw that Christ’s presence was to be invisible, in spirit. The Gentile Times, during which period God’s sovereignty was not being expressed through any government on the earth, were to end in 1914.

Then God’s Kingdom would be established in heaven. These teachings are identified with Jehovah’s Witnesses today.
Student

Benjamín Hill, Mexico

#33779 Apr 9, 2013
yon wrote:
Be True was posting about Charles T. Russell!

Russell pass away before Orin Moyle was even known about.

This is what I have read about Orin Moyle..........

SEPTEMBER 15, 1941 WT

Page 285
This same day a sharp judgment of the great Lawgiver against
the "evil servant" class (Matt. 24:48-51) was expressed at the
beginning of the afternoon’s sessions. An ex-army officer of the
United States appeared on the platform and asked and was granted
the privilege to present a Resolution concerning one Moyle.
Said lawyer proved unfaithful to his position of trust m the
Lord’s organization, slandered and abused the Bethel family at

Page 286
Brooklyn, quit his post of duty, and thereafter sued the Society
and its board of directors and others for $100,000 for libel because the facts were published in The Watchtower for the protection of Jehovah’s witnesses throughout the land. The Resolution condemned such course of action and such recourse to worldly courts as unscriptural, unwarranted and unjustified. Put to a vote, the Resolution was adopted with a unanimous "Aye" by the
vast assembly of more than 75,000. Thereafter copies of the
Resolution were given free to all, to take home with them.

Location hidden

#33780 Apr 9, 2013
Anyone can make claims and strut.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#33781 Apr 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Be True was posting about Charles T. Russell!
Russell pass away before Orin Moyle was even known about.
This is what I have read about Orin Moyle..........
SEPTEMBER 15, 1941 WT
Page 285
This same day a sharp judgment of the great Lawgiver against
the "evil servant" class (Matt. 24:48-51) was expressed at the
beginning of the afternoon’s sessions. An ex-army officer of the
United States appeared on the platform and asked and was granted
the privilege to present a Resolution concerning one Moyle.
Said lawyer proved unfaithful to his position of trust m the
Lord’s organization, slandered and abused the Bethel family at
Page 286
Brooklyn, quit his post of duty, and thereafter sued the Society
and its board of directors and others for $100,000 for libel because the facts were published in The Watchtower for the protection of Jehovah’s witnesses throughout the land. The Resolution condemned such course of action and such recourse to worldly courts as unscriptural, unwarranted and unjustified. Put to a vote, the Resolution was adopted with a unanimous "Aye" by the
vast assembly of more than 75,000. Thereafter copies of the
Resolution were given free to all, to take home with them.
Student , if you were smart, you would be getting out NOW of the JW.
It is a cult.A brainwashing,. Can't you SEE this?
Jesus Christ is the only way to our Heavenly Father.
'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, and whosoever BELIEVETH in Him, will have everlasting Life'
You MUST go thru Jesus Christ. Jesus is our Saviour, Jesus died for our SINS. We can not get to God , but thru Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#33782 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, and whosoever BELIEVETH in Him, will have everlasting Life'
You MUST go thru Jesus Christ. Jesus is our Saviour, Jesus died for our SINS. We can not get to God , but thru Jesus Christ.
JW don't teach differently about the need for Jesus.
Student

Benjamín Hill, Mexico

#33784 Apr 9, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
AND THE WT LOST!
Do you have the transcript to this court hearing?
Student

Benjamín Hill, Mexico

#33785 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you do not know to much about our faith!

Christ did not come into the world just to be a Messiah for the Jews. He came for the benefit of all mankind, as he himself explained:“God loved the world [of mankind since Abel] so much that he gave his only-begotten Son [Christ, the Word], in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”(John 3:16)

Now, how should this oft-quoted text affect us? If God sent his Son to the earth to act as a light in the world’s spiritual darkness, should we not at least reflect that light to others?

God’s unselfish course of action should touch a responsive chord in our heart. Who of us would be willing to sacrifice in ignominious death the person dearest to our heart and in behalf of mainly indifferent people?

So what should God’s love move us to do? To exercise active faith in Jesus Christ and in the life-redeeming value of his sacrifice.

The result will be life, for Jesus said:“I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.”(John 8:12)

Our Sovereign Lord Jehovah lives forever, his resurrected Son, Jesus Christ,“because of continuing alive forever,” adds substance to that hope, for “he is able also to save completely those who are approaching God through him, because he is always alive to plead for them.”(Heb. 7:24, 25)

Thus, the apostle Peter wrote to anointed Christians:“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time. In this fact you are greatly rejoicing.”(1 Pet. 1:3-6)
Be true

Lawrenceville, GA

#33787 Apr 9, 2013
Um my Pagan doctrines I told you I know that religion is corrupt I'm not defending. anyone my God and Jesus Christ are my religion I've said I believe alot of what you do I just don't buy in to the 144,000 thing I don't think if you celebrate Christmas and put up a Christmas tree I'm a pagan I don't worship these things I don't pray or bow to them I read the story of Jesus birth to my family I know he wasn't born on dec 25 but I don't know when he was born but I know who I worship and honor and as far as what book or webs age I read that from are you kidding me I wouldn't put my all being on the line without doing some research you still haven't answered about Raymond Franz or Leo or anything else and the Bible says what it says even in your Bible in John 3:16 its the same in every Bible I've ever read and yes I do and have used the NWT to reference things and cross reference so I'm not biased don't always assume I was just wanting to know honestly how you wright all these things off you put alot into just trusting these men and that they are what they say they are why would I not research it I try to research everything that are big decisions in my life
Be true

Lawrenceville, GA

#33788 Apr 9, 2013
What does your last paragraph Student have to do with being a Jehovahs Witness and living by their rules in order to be saved
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#33789 Apr 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you do not know to much about our faith!
Christ did not come into the world just to be a Messiah for the Jews. He came for the benefit of all mankind, as he himself explained:“God loved the world [of mankind since Abel] so much that he gave his only-begotten Son [Christ, the Word], in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”(John 3:16)
Now, how should this oft-quoted text affect us? If God sent his Son to the earth to act as a light in the world’s spiritual darkness, should we not at least reflect that light to others?
God’s unselfish course of action should touch a responsive chord in our heart. Who of us would be willing to sacrifice in ignominious death the person dearest to our heart and in behalf of mainly indifferent people?
So what should God’s love move us to do? To exercise active faith in Jesus Christ and in the life-redeeming value of his sacrifice.
The result will be life, for Jesus said:“I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.”(John 8:12)
Our Sovereign Lord Jehovah lives forever, his resurrected Son, Jesus Christ,“because of continuing alive forever,” adds substance to that hope, for “he is able also to save completely those who are approaching God through him, because he is always alive to plead for them.”(Heb. 7:24, 25)
Thus, the apostle Peter wrote to anointed Christians:“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time. In this fact you are greatly rejoicing.”(1 Pet. 1:3-6)
Yes, I know quite a bit about your JW religion. You think Jesus Christ was ' Michael the Archangle', just a good Prophet.

You slowly push Jesus Christ OUT.

Jesus is the WORD.

'In the beginning was the Word , and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD --WAS God.'

Was THE God --- NOT "a" God, meaning one of many Gods----but THE GOD. Those articles THE and A, changes the meaning severly- and you ADDED that in your NWT Bible. Several places you do this .
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#33790 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know quite a bit about your JW religion. You think Jesus Christ was ' Michael the Archangle', just a good Prophet.
You slowly push Jesus Christ OUT.
Jesus is the WORD.
'In the beginning was the Word , and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD --WAS God.'
Was THE God --- NOT "a" God, meaning one of many Gods----but THE GOD. Those articles THE and A, changes the meaning severly- and you ADDED that in your NWT Bible. Several places you do this .
Just what you are talking about,

Dialogue on the doorstep with a Jehovah Witness, classic.

simplyput

Aurora, CO

#33791 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text> Just what you are talking about,
Dialogue on the doorstep with a Jehovah Witness, classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3JFLXtyT3TcXX
Aww---thanks-have never seen that vedio--thanks for sharing
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#33792 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww---thanks-have never seen that vedio--thanks for sharing
Just validating your well informed argument.
Be true

Lawrenceville, GA

#33793 Apr 9, 2013
Student how do you explain John 14 can you explain any of these things I have asked

Location hidden

#33794 Apr 10, 2013
Doctrinal changes galore!
Student

Imuris, Mexico

#33795 Apr 10, 2013
Be true wrote:
Um my Pagan doctrines I told you I know that religion is corrupt I'm not defending. anyone my God and Jesus Christ are my religion I've said I believe alot of what you do I just don't buy in to the 144,000 thing
WHILE Jesus Christ was yet with his followers here on earth, he spoke to them about heavenly life. He told them that he was going to prepare a place for them and that, in time, they would be there with him.(John 14:1-3)

Millions of persons have set their hearts on such heavenly life. To them it has represented a prospect of relief from the troubles of this life. But do you know why God has arranged for some persons to go to heaven? Do you know what they will do there?

During his earthly ministry Jesus said much about the “kingdom of God.” He taught his followers to pray that, by means of the Kingdom, God’s will would be done here on earth. Thus, the earth would become a delightful home for mankind. But the kingdom, or government itself, would be that of God in heaven, and for this reason Jesus often referred to it as the “kingdom of the heavens.”(Matthew 5:20; 6:9, 10)

This helps us to understand what he meant when he said:“Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”(Luke 12:32)

Yes, God would give this “little flock” a share in the heavenly government over all mankind.

At Revelation 20:6 we read concerning those who would be resurrected to heavenly life:“They will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.” Jesus Christ is the principal king and the high priest, and these faithful ones taken from the earth serve with him.(Revelation 5:9, 10)

Why are they chosen from the earth for such a work?

Because it was here at this earth that Jehovah’s rulership was challenged. It was here that the faithfulness of men to God could be put to the test under opposition from the Devil.

It was here that Jesus proved his full loyalty to God under test and gave his life as a ransom for mankind. So it was from this earth that Jehovah arranged to take a “little flock” of persons to be associated with his Son in the heavenly kingdom.

They are persons who show full faith in God’s provision for salvation through Christ. They are ones whose lives prove the Devil a liar when he charged that men serve God only for selfish advantage. Jehovah has marvelously purposed to use them for his glory (Ephesians 1:9-12)

As kings and priests under the direction of Jesus Christ, they will serve from their heavenly positions in carrying out Jehovah’s will toward mankind. How wonderful it will be to have as rulers those who have proved faithful to God!(Revelation 20:4)

And how loving of God to put in office those who have experienced the problems common to humankind! Surely, they, like Christ, will deal in an understanding way with their subjects.(Hebrews 2:17, 18)

What a blessing it will be to the inhabitants of earth as these heavenly priests apply to them the benefits of Christ’s ransom sacrifice, healing them spiritually, mentally and physically until they reach perfection!(Revelation 21:2-4)

HOW MANY GO TO HEAVEN?

Those who are called by God to share in such heavenly service are few in number. As Jesus said, they are a “little flock.”

Cont...
Student

Imuris, Mexico

#33796 Apr 10, 2013
Years after his return to heaven, Jesus made known the exact number in a vision to the apostle John, who wrote:“I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand ... who have been bought from the earth.”(Revelation 14:1, 3)

The “Lamb” referred to here is, of course, Jesus Christ; and this “Mount Zion” is not on earth, but in heaven where Jesus is.(John 1:29; Hebrews 12:22)

So the 144,000 are persons who die on earth as humans and are resurrected to heavenly life as spirit creatures, as Jesus was.(Romans 6:5)

When compared with the thousands of millions of persons who live on earth, they are, indeed, a “little flock.” However, the “little flock” who go to heaven are not the only ones who receive salvation.

As we have seen, they will have happy earthly subjects. Jesus referred to these as his “other sheep,” of whom “a great crowd” are even now serving God faithfully.(John 10:16; Revelation 7:9, 15)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Tony17 560,582
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tide with Beach 778,839
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 49 min Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 57 min vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 21 hr risque 137
More from around the web