Student

Cananea, Mexico

#33717 Mar 30, 2013
Expert in All Things wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask what commentators say, I asked who do you believe is the Alpha and Omega?
Revelations 1:8 “I am the Al&#8242;pha and the O&#8231;me&#8242;ga,” says Jehovah God,“the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

(Genesis 17:1) When Abram got to be ninety-nine years old, then Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him:“I am God Almighty. Walk before me and prove yourself faultless.

(Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

There is only one Almighty and that is our heavenly father Jehovah.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#33721 Apr 3, 2013
A WISH TO LIVE FOREVER

I met a fairy who said she would grant me one wish.

Immediately I said, "I want to live forever."

"Sorry," said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."

"OK," I said, "Then, I want to die after Jehovah's Witnesses get their heads out of their ass!"

"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

Location hidden

#33722 Apr 3, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses have no beliefs.

If the GB decides to worship Barney the Dinosaur, the fools who bow to the GB's decisions will worship Barney.

AND, they don't need a scripture to follow.

Right now, as you ignorantly read this and try to understand the words, Jehovah's Witnesses ARE REQUIRED to believe in Paradise Earth.

"Paradise earth" is a key phrase in Watchtower literature, appearing over 1,000 times on the Watchtower CD Library. However, the term never appears in the Bible. Neither is resurrection onto earth specifically discussed.

No Scripture says mankind will be resurrected onto earth!

"So, then, why can we be so sure that you can live forever in paradise on earth? Why can we believe that everlasting life is not just a dream?" You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.7

A false doctrine which is not supported by scripture. The deluded followers don't have a choice, it is MANDATORY to believe whatever the Jehovah's Witness cult teaches.

In addition, Jehovah's Witnesses are required to believe it is impossible to obtain SALVATION unless you are a member of the evil and wicked cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is MANDATORY to believe that membership in the cult organization is a requirement for salvation.
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#33723 Apr 3, 2013
The Bible does not agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God.

Ephesians 4:5 says there is “one Lord, one faith.”

Jesus stated:“Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.. . .

Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”(Matt. 7:13, 14, 21; see also 1 Corinthians 1:10)

Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as “the truth,” and Christianity is spoken of as “the way of the truth.”(1 Tim. 3:15; 2 John 1; 2 Pet. 2:2)

Because Jehovah’s Witnesses base all of their
beliefs, their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the Bible, their faith in the Bible itself as God’s Word gives them the conviction that what they have is indeed the truth.

So their position is not egotistical but demonstrates their confidence that the Bible is the right standard against which to measure one’s religion. They are not self-centered but are eager to share their beliefs with others.
Be true

Rome, GA

#33724 Apr 3, 2013
I for one believe most all of what witnesses believe.They are sincere in what they preach.But I believe in a God that loves unconditional and if you ask for forgiveness it is given .I believe in faith , hope and love .love being the most .Now I wish it were not fact about the secrets and the past of the GB and documented changed doctrine .If it were here say I would not believe it But its fact and documented .But alot of what I know about the GB and some in Bethal and spread out through congregations are bad .But as a whole they are sincere true loving christians and I for one will not judge them for there are things they do not know or refuse believe because of their faith and trust in their elders and GB. But I will not beat this in anyone's head because I will not cause anyone to stumble .In fact what they believe as a whole makes more sense from the bible from what I know.But I also agree with some of the other points from the non JW s on things like blood and I don't think you should ever shun your children or family because they have sinned or don't believe what I do.
Be true

Rome, GA

#33725 Apr 3, 2013
Do witnesses believe only your prayers are herd?

Location hidden

#33726 Apr 3, 2013
The Bible does not agree with any Jehovah's Witness teachings.

This is one of the cult's favorite lies!

It is a FACT that the word, "ORGANIZATION" appears 16,789 times on the CD put out by Satan's organization, the jehovah's witnesses.

But the word, "ORGANIZATION" NEVER APPEARS IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT.

jehovah's witnesses FALSELY CLAIM that belonging to an organization is essential for salvation.

"To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

Yet the word "organization" never appears in the Bible!

The Scriptures repeatedly state that it is faith in Jesus that results in everlasting life.

Once again it is clear that religions which teach lies are a FALSE RELIGION.

jehovah's witnesses are indeed a false religion.

Location hidden

#33727 Apr 3, 2013
Here's the facts...

The jehovah's witnesses teach that the only true name for God is "jehovah", and that the only way God's name can be sanctified is by calling God by His true name.

This false religion claims that to call God by any other name is to dishonor Him.

Since the jehovah's witnesses put an exclusive emphasis on the name "jehovah", how can they honestly say they are being obedient to Acts 1:8?

Keep in mind the insertion of the name jehovah in the New Testament by jehovah's witnesses goes completely against what is found in the early manuscripts of the New Testament.

Jesus said to the disciples in Acts 1:8 "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be MY witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth".

There is only one name by which true followers of God should be identified. We are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ, not the fake, fabricated name, jehovah!

Those of you who defend Satan's cult, the jehovah's witnesses should consider the truth:

In whose name should we meet together?(Matthew 18:20; 1 Corinthians 5:4)

Demons are subject to whose name?(Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

Repentance and forgiveness should be preached in whose name?(Luke 24:47)

In whose name are you to believe and receive the forgiveness of sins (John 1:12; 3:16; Acts 10:43; I John 3:23; 5:13)

By whose name, and NO OTHER, do we obtain salvation (Acts 4:12)

Whose name should be invoked as we bring our petitions to God in prayer?(John 14:13, 14; 15:16; 16:23, 24)

In whose name is the Holy Spirit sent?(John 14:26)

Whose name and authority was invoked by the disciples in healing the sick and lame?(Acts 3:16; 4:7-10, 30)

Whose name did Paul tell us to call upon (1 Corinthians 1:2)?

Whose name is above every name (Ephesians 1:21; Philippians 2:9-11)

The answer to each of these questions is Jesus Christ, not the fake, fabricated jehovah.

Real Christians are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ.

False Christians witness for the fake, fabricated jehovah.

Location hidden

#33728 Apr 3, 2013
Isaiah 5:20

King James Version (KJV)

20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

This is EXACTLY what jehovah's witnesses are trained to do!

Location hidden

#33729 Apr 3, 2013
Once the spurious addition of the fake, fabricated name jehovah is removed from the New Testament it is very clear that;
Jesus is the name borne witness to, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said to him: "Be on your way, because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel."

Acts 1:8 "YOU will be witnesses of me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

Jesus is the name used to expel demons, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"

Jesus is the subject of the kingdom good news, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Galatians 1:7 "But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ."

Jesus name invokes persecution, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah! Yet jehovah's witnesses falsely claim their persecution in the name of jehovah fulfills prophecy.

Matthew 24:9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Jesus is the means of salvation, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 4:12 "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

As their name implies, jehovah's witnesses predominant focus is on preaching about the fake, fabricated name jehovah while the message of the New Testament was to be witnesses of Jesus.

Location hidden

#33730 Apr 3, 2013
Whether or not JW's are willing to admit it, their door-to-door ministry is specifically designed to vet prime candidates for successful indoctrination.

The method works as follows:

(1) Isolate the individual.

Going door-to-door you are most likely to find people alone, or alone with children. In this way you do not have to worry that more than one person will be weighing and evaluating what you say. This also enables the application of emotional sway much more easily, someone need not be nearly as charismatic to sway one as to sway TWO or more minds to adopt a given perspective.

(2) Read a Scripture from a select set that have proven effective at weeding out knowledgeable householders.

For example: The Lord's prayer at Matthew 6:9-10.“When you look around the world and see all the bad that happens in it, do you really think God's will is being done on earth?” Asked this unexpected question, point blank, without having time for preparation and ideally with little or no Bible knowledge, most householders will, sadly, agree. Prime candidates will agree and add their OWN comments in favor of that view, seeking approval from this person who came to their door who is obviously so knowledgeable about the Bible.

Yet, it is a deception that the knowledgeable will easily spot. God's will IS being done on earth. God's will has ALWAYS been done on earth. Along with the will of others, God's will has been done by whomever has been willing to do it. Jesus, for instance, did the will of God on earth. He said so himself. If the knowledgeable one shows himself or herself to be such at this point perhaps there will be an offer of literature (in case someone ELSE in the household is not so knowledgeable), a brief explanation of the donation arrangement, and polite goodbyes will be made.

(3) Plant the kernel of "new" understanding about the Bible, the glimmer of hidden truth revealed.

“Did you know the Bible speaks of a time when God's will is going to be fully realized by making the entire earth a paradise, in which righteousness is to dwell? Notice what Revelation 21:3,4 says ...(or Psalm 37:10-11, 29, or Isaiah 65:17-25)... Doesn't that sound wonderful?” The ideal candidate will get wide-eyed and goose-pimply at the idea, a Bible study will start, and so long as they are willing to subject their entire prior life to the will of a Corporate authority in New York, USA, they will eventually become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The knowledgeable will not, they will spot the absence of the word 'paradise' anywhere in these texts and will ask about 2 Corinthians 12:1-4 and Revelation 2:7 ... whereupon they will be marked as argumentative, or as goats, or as too smug and full of themselves. They will be told,“I'll have to do some more research on that and get back to you ...” or “That's a very interesting question, but, unfortunately the rest of my car group is waiting for me, so ...”

The JW will not go back again.

It is a system DESIGNED to find the Scriptural illiterates and aliterates of society.

Which is why they cannot grow at all by any other means, and why their growth as a religion stagnates in locales where the populace is educated enough to spot the deceptions in their religious dogma.
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#33731 Apr 4, 2013
Be true wrote:
Do witnesses believe only your prayers are herd?
People “of all flesh” may come to the “Hearer of prayer,” Jehovah God.(Ps 65:2; Ac 15:17)

Even during the period that Israel was God’s “private property,” his covenant people, foreigners could approach Jehovah in prayer by recognizing Israel as God’s appointed instrument and the temple at Jerusalem as his chosen place for sacrifice.(De 9:29; 2Ch 6:32, 33; compare Isa 19:22.)

Later, by Christ’s death, the distinction between Jew and Gentile was forever removed.(Eph 2:11-16) At the home of the Italian Cornelius, Peter recognized that “God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”(Ac 10:34, 35)

The determining factor, then, is the heart of the individual and what his heart is moving him to do.(Ps 119:145; La 3:41) Those who observe God’s commandments and do “the things that are pleasing in his eyes” have the assurance that his “ears” are also open to them.(1Jo 3:22; Ps 10:17; Pr 15:8; 1Pe 3:12)
Be true

Rome, GA

#33732 Apr 4, 2013
You have some good facts Farkel.But doesn't the KJV even call him Jehovah at some points.I don't understand the witnesses place to say you have to preach door to door when the Bible says we can only be saved by grace and not works. I choose not to judge them .I didn't say I totally agree with them. They are say they or guided by Jesus but the cover ups and lies ,down play in changes in doctrine ,shady past and the refusal to even look for themselves at fact but tell others to and point out all other religions faults is very disturbing. I also have a hard time with how they judge others and laugh and joke but do it to others for their beliefs.They never even mention the 75ers or how their GB vote on rules and what they print .they have to vote on what Jesus says that doesn't even make sense.But what I was saying is alot of what they say is in the Bible .And alot are good people just blind because they trust in their GB so much and are loyal like alot of other religions .But like all other religions they have their not so secret ,secrets
Be true

Rome, GA

#33733 Apr 4, 2013
What about Raymond Franz? He served his whole life as did the rest of his family .How can you justify or explain away what he knew or the silent lamb or so many more that were at like ones that were at Bethel that have testified about events that occurred . Or members of the research team in which did the research on what to wright in the magazines that found so many things .Or Rutherfurds whole shady life .New light I have to doubt it.
Be true

Rome, GA

#33734 Apr 4, 2013
What about Leo Greenless On the GB molested Mark Palo and that is fact and all they did is sent him to Canada and covered it up .I m not judging everyone in the JWs but my point is how can you laugh and point out everything that is wrong with everyone else's faith and refuse to look at your own I thought it was trust in God not the GB. Now I'm not saying everything is all true such as what people say but all is not a lie either. And I do know alot of witnesses try to live a pure life and are good folks .Satan is the master of deception is he not . So if Jesus declared your GB to be clean how can all the other things be . How can they make so many mistakes and have blood on their hands and change what they believe so much it doesn't really make sense does it .My questions are true questions could you answer?
Be true

Rome, GA

#33735 Apr 4, 2013
So he hears our prayers but doesn't love us but only if we are Witnesses and we can only have Grace if are a Baptised Witness is this what you are saying .

Location hidden

#33736 Apr 4, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses have no beliefs.

If the GB decides to worship Barney the Dinosaur, the fools who bow to the GB's decisions will worship Barney.

AND, they don't need a scripture to follow.

Right now, as you ignorantly read this and try to understand the words, Jehovah's Witnesses ARE REQUIRED to believe in Paradise Earth.

"Paradise earth" is a key phrase in Watchtower literature, appearing over 1,000 times on the Watchtower CD Library. However, the term never appears in the Bible. Neither is resurrection onto earth specifically discussed.

No Scripture says mankind will be resurrected onto earth!

"So, then, why can we be so sure that you can live forever in paradise on earth? Why can we believe that everlasting life is not just a dream?" You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.7

A false doctrine which is not supported by scripture. The deluded followers don't have a choice, it is MANDATORY to believe whatever the Jehovah's Witness cult teaches.

In addition, Jehovah's Witnesses are required to believe it is impossible to obtain SALVATION unless you are a member of the evil and wicked cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is MANDATORY to believe that membership in the cult organization is a requirement for salvation.

Location hidden

#33737 Apr 4, 2013
"Organization" appears 16,789 times on the 2006 Watchtower Library CD, but never in the Bible.

"To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

A false doctrine which is not supported by scripture.

It's evil and wicked.

There's only two requirements to be a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses...

1. You must be really gullible.

2. You must be really ignorant.

Location hidden

#33738 Apr 4, 2013
If God's spirit dwells in you, you will reject the wicked and evil cult of jehovah's witnesses who produce false prophecies, false doctrines, false scriptures, molested children, and use a fake, fabricated name for God.

Ephesians 5:11

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33739 Apr 4, 2013
Once the spurious addition of the fake, fabricated name jehovah is removed from the New Testament it is very clear that;

Jesus is the name borne witness to, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said to him: "Be on your way, because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel."

Acts 1:8 "YOU will be witnesses of me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

Jesus is the name used to expel demons, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"

Jesus is the subject of the kingdom good news, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Galatians 1:7 "But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ."

Jesus name invokes persecution, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah! Yet jehovah's witnesses falsely claim their persecution in the name of jehovah fulfills prophecy.

Matthew 24:9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Jesus is the means of salvation, not the fake, fabricated name jehovah!

Acts 4:12 "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

As their name implies, jehovah's witnesses predominant focus is on preaching about the fake, fabricated name jehovah while the message of the New Testament was to be witnesses of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 773,456
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 49 min Dolphin 441,751
Why black people smell like poop (Nov '11) 50 min Politically Incor... 25
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 558,855
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 1 hr rock white 14
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr arabian 5,492
kelly bright 3 hr bigbadwolf91869 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web