Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

#33672 Mar 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If Jehovah Witnesses are the REAL disciples of the Lord,why don't they just call themselves 'JESUS'' WITNESSES'?? Who was it that said 'No man comes to the Father....EXCEPT THROUGH 'ME'??
Jehovah and Jesus are not the same. 1+1+1=1?

Nogales, Mexico

#33674 Mar 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If Jehovah Witnesses are the REAL disciples of the Lord,why don't they just call themselves 'JESUS'' WITNESSES'?? Who was it that said 'No man comes to the Father....EXCEPT THROUGH 'ME'??
Exodus 9:16-But, in fact, for this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth.

John 17:6, 24-26
6 “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.
24 Father, as to what you have given me, I wish that, where I am, they also may be with me, in order to behold my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you; but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. 26 And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

Revelation 1:5-and from Jesus Christ,“the Faithful Witness,”“The firstborn from the dead,” and “The Ruler of the kings of the earth.”

Jesus said:“No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6)

So Jesus is the means of our approach to the Father, Jehovah. Thus, Jesus told his followers to pray in his name.(John 14:13; 15:16)

That does not mean that we should pray to Jesus. Rather, we pray in the name of Jesus, remembering that Jesus is the reason that we are able to approach our perfect and holy Father.

Nogales, Mexico

#33675 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible describe many wonderful names of G-D HaSheme YHVH Sabaoth
what are you trying is just simple BS and advertising your own watchtower cheap explanations, and spreading hate against those who left this leaders JW having Gods Name and signing Pact with Devil at UNO NGO till today
and NWT leaded in secrecy by ocultist Johan Geber catolic priest who interpreted JOHN 1;1 AND JW CLAIM HIS AUTHORITY
Know Your NGOs!

When you hear that the Watchtower Society was a United Nations NGO, you may not be aware that there is actually more than one kind of NGO. This fact is important, and is often deliberately obscured by those who try to condemn and criticize the Society.

In the United Nations system, there are NGOs who are associated with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and there are also NGOs associated with the Department of Public Information (DPI). The Watchtower Society was of the latter kind — associated with the DPI.

However, many websites and at least one book deliberately misleads their readers by quoting rules and stipulations to ECOSOC NGOs, and then pretending that those resolutions and rules apply to DPI NGOs, of which the Watchtower Society was one. This tactic is grossly dishonest and many of those who make this claim know full well they are misleading their readers. Let us now examine the true differences between the NGO types, which apostates and other opposers often try to keep hidden.

What’s the difference?

The difference between the two types is quite stark. The online political magazine Insight has this to say on the matter:

“For an NGO to be recognized by the United Nations, however, there are requirements, and even two statuses for which an NGO might apply. The DPI status is under the authority of the U.N. Department of Public Information (UNDPI), which controls U.N. archives and research facilities...

“The other status for which the NGOs may apply is ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) status. The U.N. Website says that to obtain ECOSOC standing an NGO must prove that its work is directly relevant to U.N. goals. With ECOSOC standing an NGO may enter into a formal consultative relationship with access to officials of U.N. member states and must provide useful or special information to the U.N. Economic and Social Council...”

Notice how DPI NGOs are under a department which controls “archives and research facilities”, yet on the other hand ECOSOC NGOs have a “formal consultative relationship” with the United Nations, and it's work must be “directly relevant” to the UN's goals. In other words, the ECOSOC NGO consults with the UN on it's policies and helps it achieve it's political aims and direct it's policy-making.

This is exactly what apostates are accusing the Watchtower Society of doing. Yet, this is not a description of the type of NGO the Watchtower Society was, but it is a description of the other type of NGO — that associated with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).

The Watchtower Society was a totally different type of NGO associated with a different UN department — the Department of Public Information (DPI). Accusers deny this, and claim the differences are “irrelevant facts”, when we can clearly see that is not how the UN feels about the matter. Let us now examine the original Resolutions of the United Nations to show the difference between ECOSOC and DPI NGOs.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#33678 Mar 23, 2013
Nathan wrote:
Oh Bubba; you are such a fruit cake. Let me educate you, you silly kook, A cult is something that is very very hard to find and very easy to join and very hard to leave. On the contrary, Jehovah's Witnesses are very easy to find, Kingdom Halls are every where, very very hard to join, I can assure you ( and here is a test for you, youmay visit but I assure you, you would not get in so fast) and it is very very easy to be dismissed from if you are not leading a righteous life. You my dear have no knowledge on what is truth as these people are intelligent enough to work for God Almighty himself. so I would be mindful before your pea brain splats out and exposes you for the idiot you are and before you have any knowledge of what you are talking about. Get your facts straight. This is certainly just the opinion of a uneducated nut., who probably is gay and has no regard to truth or Jehovah God's requirements in the first place.<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be an appealing description? Why do you resort to namecalling?

Nogales, Mexico

#33679 Mar 23, 2013
yon wrote:
Rev 14:1,12 - "And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty and four thousand, having his name, and the name of his Father, written on their foreheads.(NOT FAKE NAMES)"
"Here is the patience of the saints, they that keep the COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Yasha."
Don't you think that those Commandments include keeping the BIBLICAL Sabbath, BIBLICAL Feasts and abstaining from unclean foods? Wouldn't true disciples keep the same laws as did their leader instead of man-made doctrines?
Matt 15:6 - "You make the word of G-d invalid for the sake of your traditions."
Matthew 5:17-“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill;

But what does the expression “to fulfill” mean? To illustrate: A builder fulfills a contract to complete a building, not by ripping up the contract, but by finishing the structure. However, once the work has been completed to the client’s satisfaction, the contract is fulfilled and the builder is no longer under obligation to it. Likewise, Jesus did not break, or rip up, the Law; rather, he fulfilled it by keeping it perfectly. Once fulfilled, that Law “contract” was no longer binding on God’s people.

Since Christ fulfilled the Law, are Christians obligated to keep the weekly Sabbath? Under inspiration, the apostle Paul answers:“Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”—Colossians 2:16, 17.

Those inspired words suggest quite a change in God’s requirements for his servants. Why the change? Because Christians are under a new law,“the law of the Christ.”(Galatians 6:2)

The former Law covenant given through Moses to Israel came to an end when Jesus’ death fulfilled it.

Roman 10:4 - For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.

Nogales, Mexico

#33682 Mar 24, 2013
yon wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about.
God's law does not mean he changed his mind. Like what was bad then is OK now
Messiah perfectly kept the law which qualified him as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind which is transgression of the law. It was not to abolish the law. And also qualified him a perfect High Priest.
1 John 3:4
Whosoever commits sin, transgresses also the Law: for sin is the transgression of the Law.
And you do?

Apparently, you only read what you feel like from the Scriptures!

The accomplishment of his ministry in bearing witness to the truth required more of Jesus than merely talking, preaching, and teaching. Besides shedding his heavenly glory to be born as a human, he had to FULFILL all the things prophesied about him, including the shadows, or patterns, contained in the LAW COVENANT.(Col 2:16, 17; Heb 10:1)

To uphold the truth of his Father’s prophetic word and promises, Jesus had to live in such a way as to make that truth become reality, fulfilling it by what he said and did, how he lived, and how he died. Thus, he had to be the truth, in effect, the embodiment of the truth, as he himself said he was.(Joh 14:6)

For this reason the apostle John could write that Jesus was “full of undeserved kindness and truth” and that, though “the LAW was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ.”(Joh 1:14, 17)

By means of his human birth, his presenting himself to God by baptism in water, his three and a half years of public service in behalf of God’s Kingdom, his death in faithfulness to God, his resurrection to heaven—by all these historical events—God’s truth arrived, or “came to be,” that is, came to realization.(Compare Joh 1:18; Col 2:17.)

The whole career of Jesus Christ was therefore a ‘bearing witness to the truth,’ to the things to which God had sworn. Jesus was thus no shadow Messiah or Christ. He was the real one promised. He was no shadow King-Priest. He was, in substance and fact, the true one that had been prefigured.(Ro 15:8-12; compare Ps 18:49; 117:1; De 32:43; Isa 11:10)

This truth was the truth that would ‘set men free’ if they showed themselves to be “on the side of the truth” by accepting Jesus’ role in God’s purpose.(Joh 8:32-36; 18:37)

To ignore God’s purpose concerning his Son, to build hopes on any other foundation, to form conclusions regarding one’s life course on any other basis would be to believe a lie, to be deceived, to follow the leading of the father of lies, God’s Adversary.(Mt 7:24-27; Joh 8:42-47) It would mean ‘to die in one’s sins.’(Joh 8:23, 24) For this reason Jesus did not hold back from declaring his place in God’s purpose.

The Bible states:“Everyone who practices sin is also practicing lawlessness, and so sin is lawlessness. He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning.”(1 John 3:4, 8)

From the beginning of his sinful course, the wicked spirit creature known as the Devil has violated willfully the laws of God. He apparently has stifled any sense of guilt and advocates as desirable what God declares to be sin. Willful sinners manifest his attitude.

Nogales, Mexico

#33683 Mar 24, 2013
yon wrote:
Hebrews 6
4 "For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt."
Hebrews 10:26
"For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."
This is the Scriptural answer:“Whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.”(Matt. 12:32)

“It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.”(Heb. 6:4-6)

Such persons reject the sole basis on which their sin can be forgiven and so their transgression stays standing against them. They must pay the penalty for their unforgivable sin—second death. The Scriptures tell us:“If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.”(Heb. 10:26, 27)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33686 Mar 24, 2013
Student wrote:
JR Rutherford, Have you read John 15:17-21? Your faith is not hated, matter of fact people like to lie too.
Nothing you post matters.

You follow a false religion.

I'm still waiting for you to show that Heaven is limited to 144,000.

When you say, "people like to lie", were you speaking of just Jehovah's Witnesses??

I already know they LOVE to lie.

Their entire religion is nothing but a LIE!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33687 Mar 24, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
People who don't know what they're talking use many words to explain what they're talking about instead of Scripture. EG "Remember the Sabbath."
Sure, like "paradise earth."

And the lie that one must be in an ORGANIZATION to receive salvation.

All of the Jehovah's Witness religion is full of lies!

Nogales, Mexico

#33688 Mar 24, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
there is not important your misleaded links and explanations
ANY MEMBERSHIP OF ANYTHING IN UNO obligate potential memeber to comply 100% to policy of UNO worldwide
sine LN was established by rich mongers of zionistic movements till now under name UNO they serve to promote peace,security,wage wars with their enemies, and rob 3rd world countries on natural resources
also JW leaders till today are members of Library SPONSORED BY NGO
and comply 100% to the law of this scarlet beast in this world so called 8 th King
also leadership of JW bearing G-D NAME YAHVEH(JEHOWAH) signed pact with devil product
Resolution and obligation to the UNO is only one to all members entering to be members of UNO of vast different departments using different deep covered organizations names
please?don't follow LIES of your leaders and main leader of WTBS JW
mr Adams
your organization fall apart from Bible teachings
We are not guilty of printing “propaganda” for the UN.

We are not guilty of agreeing to “support the UN”, nor did we become “part of the UN” or a “UN member”.

We signed nothing that conflicts with our Christian beliefs. At the time, our DPI NGO status was entirely appropriate until the requirements changed and we withdrew.

Jehovah’s Witnesses as an organization are not guilty of spiritual adultery, nor of lying and scheming to hide it. Those who promote the conspiracy theory are dishonest, use selective evidence, hide the facts they don't want you to know, and the most enthusiastic accuser around today thinks he's a modern-day prophet Ezekiel.

Our organization is like no other religious organization on earth today. Just as the first century congregation was not perfect, neither is our organization, yet it is the organization that has been blessed by Jehovah.

It is the one that Jehovah has used to teach us the basic truths of the Bible, and it is the one who is bringing the truth about Jehovah, his Son, and the Kingdom to millions of people around the globe today.

Nogales, Mexico

#33690 Mar 25, 2013
yon wrote:
How about "Millions Now Living Will Never Die?"
After the Gentile Times ended, they thought that the time of restitution was very near; so from 1918 down till 1925, they proclaimed:“Millions now living will never die.”

They understood that people then living—mankind in general—had the opportunity to survive right into the time of restitution and that they would then be educated in Jehovah’s requirements for life. If obedient, they would gradually attain to human perfection. If rebellious, they would, in time, be destroyed forever.

During those early years, the brothers had no idea that the Kingdom message would be proclaimed as extensively and for as many years as it has been. But they continued to examine the Scriptures and endeavored to respond to what these indicated as to the work that God would have them do.

Pittsburgh, PA

#33691 Mar 25, 2013 ……… Unfortunate Mistake?

I didnt beleive it

Miami, FL

#33692 Mar 25, 2013
One million ways to die, one millions ways to excuse lawlessness.

Say there is no god...why does the ignorant get to speak first!

Miami, FL

#33693 Mar 25, 2013
Keep up the good works Jehovah' witnesess. They can't test you

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#33695 Mar 27, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
And they were dead wrong, proving they were false prophets.
1 John 4:1 - "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."
Excellent post!

Caborca, Mexico

#33696 Mar 28, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
And they were dead wrong, proving they were false prophets.
1 John 4:1 - "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."
It should be remembered that prophesying does not mean solely or necessarily predicting the future.

The apostle Paul stated that “he that prophesies upbuilds and encourages and consoles men by his speech,” and he held prophesying forth as a proper and particularly desirable goal for all Christians to strive after. Whereas speaking foreign tongues was a sign for unbelievers, prophesying was for believers. Yet even the unbeliever attending a Christian meeting would benefit by prophesying, being reproved and closely examined by it so that “the secrets of his heart become manifest.”(1Co 14:1-6, 22-25)

This, too, indicates that Christian prophesying did not consist mainly of prediction but instead often dealt with things relating to the present, though clearly proceeding from a source beyond the ordinary, being inspired by God. Paul counseled on the need for good order and self-control in congregational prophesying, so that all could learn and be encouraged.(1Co 14:29-33)

1 John 4:2-3
YOU gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, 3 but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s [inspired expression] which YOU have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.

Caborca, Mexico

#33698 Mar 29, 2013
yon wrote:
People who don't know what they're talking about use many words. They are followers of men.
Deuteronomy 13:3
"You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For Yahweh your G-d is testing you, to know whether you love Yahweh your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul."
People whom read and understand Jehovh's written word know what he has to tell them.

Here is some verses for you to read..........

How can true prophets and false ones be identified?

True prophets make known their faith in Jesus, but more is required than claiming to preach in his name

1 John 4:1-3:“Test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. You gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God.”

Matt. 7:21-23:“Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name ...?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”

True prophets speak in the name of God, but merely claiming to represent him is not enough

Deut. 18:18-20:“A prophet I shall raise up for them from the midst of their brothers, like you [like Moses]; and I shall indeed put my words in his mouth, and he will certainly speak to them all that I shall command him. And it must occur that the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him. However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.”(Compare Jeremiah 14:14; 28:11, 15.)
Jesus said:“I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things.”(John 8:28) He said:“I have come in the name of my Father.”(John 5:43) Jesus also said:“He that speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory.”—John 7:18.

If any individuals or organizations claim to represent God but decline to use God’s personal name, and make it a practice to express their own opinions on matters, are they measuring up to this important qualification of a true prophet?

The apostles and other early Christian disciples had certain wrong expectations, but the Bible does not classify them with the “false prophets.”—

Luke 19:11-
While they were listening to these things he spoke in addition an illustration, because he was near Jerusalem and they were imagining that the kingdom of God was going to display itself instantly.

John 21:22, 23-
Jesus said to him:“If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you? You continue following me.” 23 In consequence, this saying went out among the brothers, that that disciple would not die. However, Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but:“If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you?”

Acts 1:6, 7-
When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him:“Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them:“It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;

Caborca, Mexico

#33699 Mar 29, 2013
The pronouncements of a true prophet promote true worship and are in harmony with God’s revealed will

Deut. 13:1-4:“In case a prophet or a dreamer of a dream arises in your midst and does give you a sign or a portent, and the sign or the portent does come true of which he spoke to you, saying,‘Let us walk after other gods, whom you have not known, and let us serve them,’ you must not listen to the words of that prophet or to the dreamer of that dream, because Jehovah your God is testing you to know whether you are loving Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul. After Jehovah your God you should walk, and him you should fear, and his commandments you should keep, and to his voice you should listen, and him you should serve, and to him you should cling.”

Since the Bible says that “a friend of the world” is an enemy of God, are clergymen who urge their parishioners to get involved in the affairs of the world promoting true worship?(Jas. 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17)

The true God said that the nations “will have to know that I am Jehovah,” and the Bible states that God would take out of the nations “a people for his name,” but are religious organizations that minimize the importance of using God’s personal name acting in harmony with this revealed will of God?(Ezek. 38:23; Acts 15:14)

Jesus taught his followers to pray for God’s Kingdom, and the Bible cautions against putting one’s trust in earthling men, so are clergymen or political organizations that urge people to place their confidence in human rulership true prophets?—Matt. 6:9, 10; Ps. 146:3-6; compare Revelation 16:13, 14.

True prophets and the false can be recognized by the fruitage manifest in their lives and the lives of those who follow them

Matt. 7:15-20:“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them.... Every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit ... Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.”

Caborca, Mexico

#33702 Mar 30, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
jw's follow RCC doctrine - not Scripture; eg Sunday worship. They are another of the Protestant daughters
What beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses set them apart as different from other religions?

(1) Bible: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs.

(2) God: They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group—“Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

(3) Jesus Christ: They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God’s creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914.

(4) God’s Kingdom: They believe that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail.

(5) Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is “good.”

(6) The earth: They believe that God’s original purpose for the earth will be fulfilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportunity to share in these blessings.

(7) Death: They believe that the dead are conscious of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God’s memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead.

(8) Last days: They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world; that lovers of righteousness will survive into a cleansed earth.

(9) Separate from the world: They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in the politics or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world’s avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure.

(10) Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

Caborca, Mexico

#33703 Mar 30, 2013
yon wrote:
Ecclesiastes 12:12
"My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh."
jw's put out a couple new ones every year.
Add to that the old ones they "study" and all their wonder they don't have time to study Scripture
The most beneficial writings, therefore, are those that reflect the wisdom of the “one shepherd,” Jehovah God. Excessive attention to other sources of instruction, can wear a person out needlessly, without his gaining much of real and lasting value.

Especially when such writings are a product of worldly reasoning, and they conflict with godly wisdom, are they unwholesome and faith-destroying. On the other hand, the words of those having godly wisdom will, like oxgoads, prick the listeners or readers to advance in harmony with the wisdom stated.

Also, those who occupy themselves with collections of sentences, that is, genuinely worthwhile wise sayings, are like nails. This may be because their good words, reflecting the wisdom of Jehovah God, can serve to stabilize and support the hearers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 994,326
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Sensa Dominator 65,617
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 33 min Classic 4,506
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,248
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Patriot 698,095
Mike Tyson: the most FEARED Boxer of All-Time 1 hr Johnny 100
Budi Siebert smoith jazz song "On your Shores" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 446,580