Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#33623 Mar 14, 2013
Student wrote:
His resuming his heavenly name Michael and his title (or name)“The Word of God”(Re 19:13) ties him in with his prehuman existence. The very name Michael, asking as it does,“Who Is Like God?” points to the fact that Jehovah God is without like, or equal, and that Michael his archangel is his great Champion or Vindicator.
Show us all one scripture which states that Jesus is Michael.

Face it, you cannot.

After Jesus returned to Heaven, why is it that not ONE single writer of the New Testament referred to Him as Michael?
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33624 Mar 14, 2013
FARKEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us all one scripture which states that Jesus is Michael.
Face it, you cannot.
After Jesus returned to Heaven, why is it that not ONE single writer of the New Testament referred to Him as Michael?
John wrote the book of Revelation, so he certainly knew who Michael is.

Look at
Revelation 12:7- And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled.

Greek- Mikhael, Meaning “Who Is Like God?”

“So the great dragon was thrown down, that serpent of old that led the whole world astray, whose name is Satan, or the Devil—thrown down to the earth, and his angels with him. Then I [John] heard a voice in heaven proclaiming aloud:‘This is the hour of victory for our God, the hour of his sovereignty and power, when his Christ comes to his rightful rule! For the accuser of our brothers is overthrown, who day and night accused them before our God. By the sacrifice of the Lamb they have conquered him, and by the testimony which they uttered; for they did not hold their lives too dear to lay them down. Rejoice then, you heavens and you that dwell in them! But woe to you, earth and sea, for the Devil has come down to you in great fury, knowing that his time is short!’”—Revelation 12:5-12, NE; also The Jerusalem Bible.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33625 Mar 14, 2013
FARKEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to show scripture which LIMITS Heaven to 144,000!
But you and I both know that Jehovah's Witnesses preach lies.
Why don't you just show us all scriptural proof that Jesus inspected the cult, as your cult claims?
The 12 tribes mentioned in Revelation chapter 7 must refer to this spiritual Israel for several valid reasons.

The listing does not match that of natural Israel at Numbers chapter 1. Also Jerusalem’s temple and priesthood and all the tribal records of natural Israel were permanently destroyed, lost forever, long before John had his vision in 96 C.E.

But more important, John received his vision upon a background of the aforementioned developments from and after Pentecost 33 C.E. In the light of such events, John’s vision of those standing on the heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb (whom natural Israel had rejected) revealed the number of this spiritual Israel of God to be 144,000 “bought from among mankind.”—Re 7:4; 14:1, 4.

Location hidden

#33626 Mar 14, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
John wrote the book of Revelation, so he certainly knew who Michael is.
Look at
Revelation 12:7- And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled.
Greek- Mikhael, Meaning “Who Is Like God?”
“So the great dragon was thrown down, that serpent of old that led the whole world astray, whose name is Satan, or the Devil—thrown down to the earth, and his angels with him. Then I [John] heard a voice in heaven proclaiming aloud:‘This is the hour of victory for our God, the hour of his sovereignty and power, when his Christ comes to his rightful rule! For the accuser of our brothers is overthrown, who day and night accused them before our God. By the sacrifice of the Lamb they have conquered him, and by the testimony which they uttered; for they did not hold their lives too dear to lay them down. Rejoice then, you heavens and you that dwell in them! But woe to you, earth and sea, for the Devil has come down to you in great fury, knowing that his time is short!’”—Revelation 12:5-12, NE; also The Jerusalem Bible.
As I said before, there is no scriptural support for the cult belief that Jesus is Michael.

AND no scriptural support to prove that only 144,000 will go to Heaven.

AND no scriptural support that Jesus inspected the cult.

It's a false religion.

Location hidden

#33628 Mar 15, 2013
yon wrote:
a false religion is an oxymoron as religion by definition is false and is false by definition...therefore something that is false is false from the git go...therefore something that is false plus false does not make it true. Minus + minus does not equal plus.
Get a life!

Though, I agree, all religion is false.
correct

Clarks Summit, PA

#33629 Mar 15, 2013
the correct religion is the christians that follow christ teachings.
christ did not teach rapture. he said we would be hated and killed for his sake.
christ did not say this earth would be here forever. he promised he was going to build mansions upon the new earth, that he is preparing; (which is also mentioned in revelation).
this earth will burn and melt completely. 2 pet 3.

jehovah witness is false, because they believe we are going to live upon this earth when christ returns. the bible does not read that.

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33630 Mar 15, 2013
correct wrote:
christ did not teach rapture. he said we would be hated and killed for his sake.
christ did not say this earth would be here forever. he promised he was going to build mansions upon the new earth, that he is preparing; (which is also mentioned in revelation).
jehovah witness is false, because they believe we are going to live upon this earth when christ returns. the bible does not read that.
TRUE.

Jehovah's Witnesses preach lies and they are a tool of SATAN!

There's only two requirements to become a Jehovah's Witness...

First, you must be extremely gullible.

Second, you must extremely ignorant.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33633 Mar 16, 2013
correct wrote:
Earth Burned Up?
But what about Peter’s words that “the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire”?(2 Peter 3:7)

Peter obviously cannot be referring to the literal heavens and the earth that the Bible says will remain forever.(Ecclesiastes 1:4)

God has no reason to bring to an end the heavens where he resides, nor all the physical heavenly bodies. And the earthly globe itself has given him no reason to destroy it, despite what men have done in corrupting and polluting its surface.

Jehovah himself tells us that when earth was created in its uniqueness and beauty his heavenly sons “joyfully cried out together,. . . shouting in applause.”—Job 38:4-7.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33634 Mar 17, 2013
Peter wrote that “the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire.”

From the context and in the light of other scriptures, it is evident that this is not a literal fire but signifies everlasting destruction.

As the Flood of Noah’s day did not destroy the literal heavens and earth, but only the ungodly persons, so also the revelation of Jesus Christ with his powerful angels in a flaming fire will result in permanent destruction only for the ungodly and the wicked system of things of which they are a part.—2Pe 3:5-7, 10-13; 2Th 1:6-10; compare Isa 66:15, 16, 22, 24.

Further examples of the use of fire to represent eternal destruction are found in Revelation and Ezekiel.

There we are told that “the ten horns” and “the wild beast” will turn upon Babylon the Great and burn her with fire.(Re 17:16, 17)

The attack of Gog and his hordes against God’s people arouses Jehovah’s anger, and fire and sulfur will rain down upon them. The remaining war implements of the attackers will be used to light fires for seven years.(Eze 38:19, 22; 39:6, 9, 10)

Those nations who become rebellious when Satan is released at the end of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ will be devoured by fire, and the Devil and all those not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire, representing the second death.—Re 20:7-10, 15; 21:8

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Location hidden

#33635 Mar 18, 2013
If the present earth will never be destroyed or depopulated, why does Zeph 1:2-3 say,“I shall without fail finish everything off the surface of the ground,’ is the utterance of God.

‘I shall finish off earthling man and beast… and I will cut off mankind from the surface of the ground, is the utterance of God”?

The Hebrew word translated here as “finish off” in the NWT is “cuwph”(Strong’s # 05486) which means “to cease; to come to an end”, according to Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary.

How can this be if the WTS is correct and faithful Witnesses will survive Armageddon and live forever in paradise on the present earth? In addition, Isa 65:17 says,“For here I am creating new heavens and a NEW earth, and the former things will not be called to mind…”

If the present earth will never be destroyed, why will God be “creating” a “new” earth? Notice that this verse does not say “cleanse”, but “create”. What do the words “create” and “new” mean to you?

Similarly, 2Pet 3:10-13 says,“Yet, God’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass a way with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and the earth and the works in it will be discovered.

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be… through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! But there are new heavens and a NEW EARTH that we are awaiting, according to his promise…”

How can people live forever in paradise on this present earth, if the earth will “be dissolved” and “melt” and if we are awaiting a “new” earth?

Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#33636 Mar 18, 2013
http://www.religionfacts.com/jehovahs_witness... Jehovah Witnesses are NOT the true disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ,and their beliefs prove it. Do I think everyone who embaces Jehovah Witnessism I 'lost'? No,I wouldn't say that all. Their 'mainstream belief system' is just 'twisted'. But,then again,I think many many of them are just plain 'ol 'lost'.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33637 Mar 19, 2013
J F Rutherford wrote:
If the present earth will never be destroyed or depopulated, why does Zeph 1:2-3 say,“I shall without fail finish everything off the surface of the ground,’ is the utterance of God.
‘I shall finish off earthling man and beast… and I will cut off mankind from the surface of the ground, is the utterance of God”?
The Hebrew word translated here as “finish off” in the NWT is “cuwph”(Strong’s # 05486) which means “to cease; to come to an end”, according to Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary.
How can this be if the WTS is correct and faithful Witnesses will survive Armageddon and live forever in paradise on the present earth? In addition, Isa 65:17 says,“For here I am creating new heavens and a NEW earth, and the former things will not be called to mind…”
If the present earth will never be destroyed, why will God be “creating” a “new” earth? Notice that this verse does not say “cleanse”, but “create”. What do the words “create” and “new” mean to you?
Similarly, 2Pet 3:10-13 says,“Yet, God’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass a way with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and the earth and the works in it will be discovered.
Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be… through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! But there are new heavens and a NEW EARTH that we are awaiting, according to his promise…”
How can people live forever in paradise on this present earth, if the earth will “be dissolved” and “melt” and if we are awaiting a “new” earth?
Like all other created things, the earth was brought into existence because of Jehovah’s will (“pleasure,” KJ).(Re 4:11)

It was created to remain forever.

(Ps 78:69-69 And he began to build his sanctuary just like the heights,
Like the earth that he has founded to time indefinite.

Ps. 104:5-He has founded the earth upon its established places;
It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

Ps. 119:90-Your faithfulness is for generation after generation.
You have solidly fixed the earth, that it may keep standing.

Ec 1:4-A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.)

Cont...
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33638 Mar 19, 2013
God speaks of himself as a God of purpose and declares that his purposes are certain to come to fruition.

(Isa 46:10-the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying,‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do’

Isa 55:11-so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.)

He made his purpose for the earth very clear when he said to the first human pair:“Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”(Ge 1:28)

There were no flaws in earth or the things on it. Having created all necessary things, Jehovah saw that they were “very good” and “proceeded to rest” or desist from other earthly creative works.(Ge 1:31–2:2)

Man’s habitation on earth is also permanent. When God gave man the law regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, he implied that man could live on earth forever.(Ge 2:17)

We are assured by Jehovah’s own words that “all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, will never cease”(Ge 8:22) and that he will never destroy all flesh again by a flood.(Ge 9:12-16)

Jehovah says that he did not make the earth for nothing but, rather, that he has given it to men as a home and that death will eventually be done away with. God’s purpose, therefore, is for the earth to be the habitation of man in perfection and happiness with eternal life.

(Ps 37: 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Ps 115:16- As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

Isa 45:18-For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited:“I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

Re 21:3, 4-With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”)

That this is the purpose of Jehovah God, sacred to him and not to be thwarted, is indicated when the Bible says:“And by the seventh day God came to the completion of his work that he had made ... And God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred, because on it he has been resting from all his work that God has created for the purpose of making.”(Ge 2:2, 3)

The seventh, or rest, day is not shown in the Genesis account as ending, as in the case of the other six days. The apostle Paul explained that the rest day of God had been continuous right through Israelite history down to his own time and had not yet ended.(Heb 3:7-11; 4:3-9)

God says the seventh day was set aside as sacred to him. He would carry out his purpose toward the earth; it would be fully accomplished during that day, with no necessity of further creative works toward the earth during that time.

Cont...
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33639 Mar 19, 2013
Among the many heartening prophecies foretelling marvelous blessings for humankind is the one recorded by the Christian apostle John in these words:
“I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:‘Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.’”—Revelation 21:1-4.

Here some of the language is highly symbolic, but the idea of great blessings is unmistakable.

The “new heaven” is the heavenly kingdom of Jesus Christ and his 144,000 associate kings and priests.(Romans 8:16, 17; Revelation 14:1-4; 20:4)

Instead of a new earthly globe, the “new earth” is a new society of people on this very earth, all of them fully subject to Christ’s kingdom without racial, national or language divisions.(Compare Psalm 96:1.)

This will follow the destruction of the present symbolic “heaven” and “earth.” The promised new earthly society will be righteous because, whereas the literal seas will remain, the figurative “sea” of restless, rebellious, ungodly people will exist no longer.

Christ’s associate heavenly rulers constitute the “New Jerusalem,” a capital organization for righteous human society. God will tent with these people on earth representatively until they are fully reconciled with him through Christ,“the Lamb of God,” after a thousand year judgment day.(John 1:29, 36; Revelation 20:6)

Under kingdom rule, many will be the reasons for happiness. Mourning, outcry and pain due to various causes will be taken away.

Death that spread from sinful Adam, the first man, will be no more.(Romans 5:12)

What a monumental worldwide cause for tears will thus have vanished! And what reasons for gladness will exist when resurrections occur instead of deaths due to Adam, when his offspring have been rescued from the effects of his sin, and when perfect human health has replaced the many ills now plaguing mankind! Then, indeed, will “the former things have passed away.”

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Location hidden

#33640 Mar 19, 2013
If the earth will never be destroyed or depopulated, how can it be, then, that God says in Isa 51:6, "... the earth itself will wear out, and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat...",

and that John says in Rev 21:1 that he saw "... a new heaven and a NEW earth; for the former heaven and the FORMER earth had passed away, and the sea is NO MORE."?

Similarly, if the WTS’s teaching that the earth will never be destroyed or depopulated is correct, then why does the Bible say that “the earth itself…will perish”(Ps 102:25-26, Heb 1:10-11), and why does Jesus himself say that “Heaven and EARTH will pass away…”(Mt 24:35, Mk 13:31, Lk 21:33)?

Conversely, in Eccl 1:4, Solomon says,“A generation is going and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.” But didn’t Solomon write this scripture at a time in his life when he had ceased to serve the Lord and therefore wrote only his own thoughts from a very humanistic point of view?

In Eccl 1:2, he states,“Everything is vanity!” and in vs 8 he says,“All things are wearisome”. Since obviously not “everything” is vanity and not “all things” are wearisome to a true Christian, doesn’t this show that Solomon was speaking for himself and doesn’t this whole passage just show the futility of man without God?

OR, you can believe the lies of Satan's cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33641 Mar 19, 2013
J F Rutherford wrote:
If the earth will never be destroyed or depopulated, how can it be, then, that God says in Isa 51:6, "... the earth itself will wear out, and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat...",
and that John says in Rev 21:1 that he saw "... a new heaven and a NEW earth; for the former heaven and the FORMER earth had passed away, and the sea is NO MORE."?
Similarly, if the WTS’s teaching that the earth will never be destroyed or depopulated is correct, then why does the Bible say that “the earth itself…will perish”(Ps 102:25-26, Heb 1:10-11), and why does Jesus himself say that “Heaven and EARTH will pass away…”(Mt 24:35, Mk 13:31, Lk 21:33)?
Conversely, in Eccl 1:4, Solomon says,“A generation is going and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.” But didn’t Solomon write this scripture at a time in his life when he had ceased to serve the Lord and therefore wrote only his own thoughts from a very humanistic point of view?
In Eccl 1:2, he states,“Everything is vanity!” and in vs 8 he says,“All things are wearisome”. Since obviously not “everything” is vanity and not “all things” are wearisome to a true Christian, doesn’t this show that Solomon was speaking for himself and doesn’t this whole passage just show the futility of man without God?
OR, you can believe the lies of Satan's cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Accordingly, greater permanence is ascribed to Jehovah God (Ps. 102:25, 26) and to his glorified Son Jesus Christ (Heb. 1:10, 11) than to the physical creation, which is corruptible and could perish. Other scriptures also support this conclusion.

Cont...
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#33642 Mar 19, 2013
At Luke 21:33, for example, Jesus said that “heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.”

Jesus here contrasted the stability and eternal truthfulness of his words as compared with the perishable nature of the physical heavens and earth. Not that God purposes to destroy them, but that they are destructible.

So, the sense of this expression seems to be like that of Matthew 5:18:“Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away [or,“it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away,” Luke 16:17] than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.”

Since Jehovah God and his Son possess greater permanence than the physical heavens and earth, this gives us full assurance that Jesus is always alive to plead for afflicted ones and God is always alive to hear and answer such pleas.(Compare Hebrews 7:25.)

This knowledge should encourage us to trust completely in every promise of God, with full assurance that it will be fulfilled, no matter what may appear to stand in the way.

Jehovah God, earth’s Creator, says in his Bible:“He has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, nor forever.”(Ps. 104:5)

Then, after describing the wonder of God’s creative works, particularly his provisions for the animal kingdom, this writer prophetically adds:“The glory of Jehovah will prove to be to time indefinite. Jehovah will rejoice in his works.”(Ps. 104 31) How would the Creator rejoice in these works if he burned them up?

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Location hidden

#33643 Mar 20, 2013
Nothing posted by the fake "student" is true.

It's all lies taught to the "student" by Satan's organization, the evil and wicked "Jehovah's Witnesses".

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Location hidden

#33644 Mar 20, 2013
The false doctrine being promoted by the fake "student" is PARADISE EARTH.

THE FIRST POINT TO KNOW IS:

No Scripture says mankind will be resurrected onto earth!

"Paradise earth" is a key phrase in Watchtower literature, appearing over 1,000 times on the Watchtower CD Library. However, the term never appears in the Bible. Neither is resurrection onto earth specifically discussed IN THE BIBLE.

IN ORDER TO ACCEPT THIS FALSE DOCTRINE, ONE MUST PUT THEIR FAITH INTO THE FALSE GOSPEL OF MEN, NOT GOD!

AGAIN, IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS FALSE RELIGION TO SUPPORT THIS FALSE DOCTRINE WITH SCRIPTURE IN CONTEXT.

HERE IS INFORMATION FROM THE EVIL AND WICKED CULT WHICH BELONGS TO SATAN:

Jehovah's Witnesses are FALSELY taught that everyone that died before Jesus will be resurrected on earth sometime in the future. Only 144,000 of Jesus followers are to go to heaven, where they serve as Kings with Jesus.

"[Jesus] spoke of the resurrection to life on earth, such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will receive." Watchtower 1976 Jun 1 p.349

"... the number 144,000 is to be taken literally. It refers to those who will rule in heaven with Christ over a paradise earth, which will be filled with a large and undetermined number of happy people who worship Jehovah God." Watchtower 2004 Sep 1 p.31

This is in direct conflict with the Bible, which states Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are in heaven.

Matthew 8:11 "But I tell YOU that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens."

Matthew 5:11-12 "Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

The Bible never promises an earthly resurrection. The Old Testament is vague about life after death, neither specifying a resurrection nor defining the afterlife. Throughout the New Testament the resurrection is heavenly.

The Bible promises there is but one hope for Christ's followers.

Ephesians 4:4 "One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called"

1 Corinthians 12:13 "For truly by one spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink one spirit."

This "one hope" is consistently stated to be a resurrection as spiritual beings to heaven.

Matthew 6:20-21 Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

IT IS INTERESTING THAT SOME PEOPLE FOLLOW THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF SATAN'S CULT, THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

YOU MUST IGNORE THE BIBLE TO BELIEVE THESE LIES.

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Location hidden

#33645 Mar 20, 2013
Another concept at odds with Watchtower doctrine is being born again. To be a Christian means you are born again.

John 3:3 "In answer Jesus said to him: "Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

1 John 5:1-4 "Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God, and everyone who loves the one that caused to be born loves him who has been born from that one. 2 By this we gain the knowledge that we are loving the children of God, when we are loving God and doing his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome, 4 because everything that has been born from God conquers the world. And this is the conquest that has conquered the world, our faith."

1 Peter 1:3-4"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for YOU."

Because the Bible says that the hope for those "born again" is in heaven, the Watchtower is forced to make the baseless assertion that a group of Christians will not be born again. To counter such scriptures the Watchtower Society uses circular reasoning. For instance, the Awake! 1974 August 22 pp. 27-28 attempts to show that this scripture does not mean what it says, since there will be an earthly great crowd. It then switches the wording of the scripture to "His point was that no one could be born again unless he believed in Jesus Christ." This is classic Eisegesis; using predetermined doctrine to dictate the meaning of the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 653,841
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Into The Night 63,614
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Pimpolunio Pou Pong 618,732
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Catcher1 973,732
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr Banonator 106,484
music lovers 1 hr Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,846
More from around the web