Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#33467 Jan 27, 2013
Why did the Society discourage Jehovah’s Witnesses from bearing children in 1938?

“…it would therefore appear that there is no reasonable or Scriptural injunction to bring children into the world immediately before Armageddon, where we now are.”—The Watchtower, November 1, 1938, p. 324

Location hidden

#33468 Jan 27, 2013
How soon was Armageddon to break out in 1941?

“Never was there a more moving sight in these ‘last days’.…Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them …the Lord’s provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. What a gift! and to so many! The manner of releasing the new book Children was an outright surprise to all….”—The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288

Location hidden

#33469 Jan 27, 2013
Why were Jehovah’s Witnesses looking forward to 1975?

“WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975? WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975?…Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam’s creation.”—The Watchtower, August 15, 1968, p. 494

“According to trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man’s creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E.”—Life Everlasting – In Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, p. 29

Location hidden

#33470 Jan 27, 2013
What did the Society say “would have to be” occurring in the “seventh in a series of thousand-year periods or millenniums”?

“…six millenniums of mankind’s life on earth would end in the mid-seventies. Thus the seventh millennium from man’s creation by Jehovah God would begin within less than ten years…. In order for the Lord Jesus Christ to be ‘Lord even of the sabbath day,’ his thousand-year reign would have to be the seventh in a series of thousand-year periods or millenniums…. Would not, then, the end of six millenniums of mankind’s laborious enslavement under Satan the Devil be the fitting time for Jehovah God to usher in a Sabbath millennium for all his human creatures? Yes, indeed! And his King Jesus Christ will be Lord of that Sabbath.”—The Watchtower, October 15, 1969, pp. 622-623

Location hidden

#33471 Jan 27, 2013
Did the Society encourage Jehovah’s Witnesses to sell their homes in preparation for the “wicked world’s end” to come in 1975?

“Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that no reason to increase our activity?… Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.”—Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3

Location hidden

#33472 Jan 27, 2013
What time period did the Watchtower Society say would bring “the end”?

“THE Bible speaks of the time in which we are living as the ‘last days’ or the ‘time of the end.’…The facts show that this is a limited period that has a definite beginning and a definite end. It began in 1914.…there are people still living who were alive in 1914 …‘This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.’ Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes!”—The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, pp. 94-95

“We can be happy, therefore, for Jesus’ assurance that there will be survivors of ‘the generation of 1914’—that this generation will not have completely passed away—when the ‘great tribulation’ rings down the curtain on this wicked world system.”—The Watchtower, October 15, 1980, p. 31

Location hidden

#33473 Jan 27, 2013
How long did the Society say a “generation” would last?

“When the term ‘generation’ is used with reference to the people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated, except that the time would fall within reasonable limits. These limits would be determined by the life span of the people of that time or of that population.…Today, much as it was in the time of Moses, people living under favorable conditions may reach 70 or 80 years of age.”—Insight on the Scriptures, vol. 1, 1988, pp. 917-918

Location hidden

#33474 Jan 27, 2013
If the “generation” of the “time of the end” would last up to 80 years, what date failed to bring the end as prophesied by the Society? 1914 generation + 80 years = 1994. How did the Society excuse away this false prophecy?

“Jehovah’s people have at times speculated about the time when the ‘great tribulation’ would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we ‘bring a heart of wisdom in,’ not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we ‘count our days’ in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah.…Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a ‘generation’? Far from it!”—The Watchtower, November 1, 1995, p. 17, 19

Location hidden

#33475 Jan 27, 2013
Since the “generation” of 1914 failed to bring the end, what new “generation” does the Society now point to in order to bring in the end?

“…the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.…Evidently, then, some of Christ’s ‘chosen ones’ will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.…It seems that by the year 1935, the general ingathering of the anointed was complete.”—The Watchtower, January 15, 2000, pp. 13, 16

“As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day ‘generation’ of contemporaries that will not pass away ‘until all these things occur.’ This suggests that some who are Christ’s anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins.…Can We Calculate the Length of ‘This Generation’?…So when the term ‘generation’ is used with reference to people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated except that it does have an end and would not be excessively long.”—The Watchtower, February 15, 2008, pp. 24-25

Location hidden

#33476 Jan 27, 2013
Does the Watchtower Society deny that they are a “false prophet” by claiming that they never presumed to “originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah’”?

“Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, having suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’”—Awake! March 22, 1993, p. 4

Is it true that Jehovah’s Witnesses “never” presumed to speak as a “prophet” in the “name” of Jehovah?

“More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a ‘prophet’ in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.? What were the qualifications?…It is of importance to every individual on earth to identify the group that Jehovah has commissioned as his ‘servant’ or messenger.…For this reason forthcoming issues of The Watchtower will further discuss the identity and work of Jehovah’s commissioned messenger as revealed in His vision to Ezekiel.”—The Watchtower, March 15, 1972, pp. 189-190

“‘They shall know that A PROPHET WAS AMONG THEM’…So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?…He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses.”—The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197

Do you agree that people should no longer trust false prophets “as safe guides”?

“Their prophecies did not come true. Therefore they are false prophets; and the people should no longer trust them as safe guides…”—The Watch Tower, May 15, 1930, p. 156

“However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart:‘How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?’ when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’”—Deuteronomy 18:20-22, New World Translation
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#33477 Jan 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe the Holy Bible to the 't',they are not telling the WHOLE TRUTH about the Lord Jehovah Yahweh of His Son,the Lord Jesus Christ.
Just keepin' it REAL.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33478 Jan 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Just keepin' it REAL.
WRONG MY FRIEND
they tell the truth only this truth is corupted today by their GB leaders,and many true JW belivers just depart from them and only as singles stick to the Bible only

they say around for over 130 years about God Father Yahveh9Jehova) and His begotten Son Jesus who died to redeemt those who are pure hearts and love Jesus Father Name Yehova

JW is blessed group of people-because each of them bear MOST HOLY NAME OF GOD JEHOVA- ONLT TRAITORS LEADERS ARE APART FROM GODS SPIRIT,

BECAUSE GODS SPIRIT HAVE NOT PLACE WITH SPIRIT OF CORUPTION AND DEVIL TABLE

IT IS HAPPEN WITH LEADERS OF WORLDCHRISTIANITY AND JW LEADERS+38000 DEVIL SPIRIT SECTS LIARS,AND CONDEMEND TO THE DEATH FOR THEIR SINS AND HIJACKING GODS FLOCK

Student

Juárez, Mexico

#33479 Jan 27, 2013
FARKEL wrote:
The evil and wicked cult of jehovah's witnesses teach that only 144,000 will go to Heaven.
Where does scripture tell us that Heaven is limited to 144,000?
The scripture does not exist.
Revelation 14:1-3
1-&#8194;And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

2- And I heard a sound out of heaven as the sound of many waters and as the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was as of singers who accompany themselves on the harp playing on their harps.

3- And they are singing as if a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one was able to master that song but the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been bought from the earth.

Location hidden

#33480 Jan 28, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 14:1-3
1-&#8194;And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.
2- And I heard a sound out of heaven as the sound of many waters and as the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was as of singers who accompany themselves on the harp playing on their harps.
3- And they are singing as if a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one was able to master that song but the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been bought from the earth.
A LIE!

This is NOT Heaven, it is Mount Zion.

You are merely repeating the lies taught to you by demon possessed men.

HERE'S the answer for those who follow the teachings of men:

Revelation 7:9-10

New International Version (NIV)
The Great Multitude in White Robes

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

A GREAT MULTITUDE THAT NO ONE COULD COUNT...FROM EVERY NATION, TRIBE, PEOPLE AND LANGUAGE.

HEY "STUDENT" - THE CULT TEACHES YOU LIES!

Location hidden

#33481 Jan 28, 2013
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TELL LIES:

Five of the six Watchtower Governing Body members who were on the Translation Committee had no formal training whatsoever in the Biblical languages. The fifth one, Fred Franz,(former Governing Body member and Watchtower president from 1977-1992) claimed to have some education, but in the Douglas Walsh Trial in Scotland, he gave this testimony under oath:

Tuesday, 23rd November, 1954:
Frederick William Franz, Examined:

Q. Have you also made yourself familiar with Hebrew?
A. Yes....
Q. So that you have a substantial linguistic apparatus at your command?
A. Yes, for use in my biblical work.
Q. I think you are able to read and follow the Bible in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and French?
A. Yes.
Q. It is the case, is it not, that in 1950 there was prepared and issued what is called the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures?
A. Yes....
Q. I think that it was your duty, was it not, before the issue of that New World Translation by your Society to check that translation for accuracy?
A. That is true.
Q. In light of your studies and in light of your knowledge?
A. That is true.
Q. And did you do so?
A. I did so....
Q. And was it your duty on behalf of the Society to check the translation into English from the original Hebrew of that first volume of the Old Testament Scriptures?
A. Yes....
Q. In so far as translation of the Bible itself is undertaken, are you responsible for that?
A. I have been authorised to examine a translation and determine its accuracy and recommend its acceptance in the form in which it is submitted.
Q. Are the translators members of the Editorial Committee?
A. That is a question which I, as a member of the Board of Directors, am not authorised to disclose....
Q. When did you go to the University?....
Q. Did you graduate?
A. No, I did not....
Q. Had you done any Hebrew in the course of your University work?
A. No, I had not, but in the course of my editorial work, my special research work for the president of the Society, I found it was very necessary to have knowledge of Hebrew, and so I undertook a personal study of that.

ADJOURNED

Wednesday, 24th November, 1954:
Frederick William Franz, Cross Continued:

Q. You, yourself, read and speak Hebrew, do you?
A. I do not speak Hebrew.
Q. You do not?
A. No.
Q. Can you, yourself, translate that into Hebrew?
A. Which?
Q. That fourth verse of the Second Chapter of Genesis? A. You mean here?
Q. Yes?
A. No, I won’t attempt to do that.
— Douglas Walsh Trial, Pursuer’s Proof, 1954, pp. 7-9, 88, 91-92, 102-103

This exercise which Franz was unable to do is something which the average first year Hebrew student could have accomplished without any difficulty.

Is it any wonder the cult refuses to publicly reveal the people who were involved in the translation of their Bible?

Would you put your trust in a doctor who refused to give his credentials?

Yet, this is what many Jehovah’s Witnesses are doing when it comes to vital Bible truth.

Location hidden

#33482 Jan 28, 2013
STUDENT:

Do you believe that in the last 25yrs that the only ones being called to Heaven to rule with Christ were called ONLY FROM THE JW DENOMINATION?

Location hidden

#33483 Jan 28, 2013
A former Jehovah's Witness tells his frightening story

http://www.cjad.com/blog/BarryMorganShow/blog...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#33484 Jan 28, 2013
JWs are people like you and me.The only thing that makes someone a ture JW is a matter of applying Bible principles to everyday life.JWs are there also to gain salvation and ressurection.Even a JW can make mistakes but one thing only Jehovah God can judge that .So dont say things about JW when you dont no nothing about.Hope one day you see that JWs are to do good not harm then again we are human beings and we are prone to do bad due to Satan is the main ruler of this world for now and hes turely angry due to the system of things coming to an end and he will be perish along with it SO AT THE MEAN TIME HE WILL TURN BROTHER AGAINST ANOTHER BROTHER,KILLINGS AND DEATH AS A RESULT,untill then Judgement day will come and the ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH GOD will judge us all.@@@@@@@@@
Archie wrote:
Jehovah Witnesses are truly a cult and nothing more than mindless zombies. They have done nothing useful. Their big problem is they CAN'T think outside the box and see things from any other perspective but the one they've been brainwashed in. This makes more sense : Jesus was human not ulike any one of us - he performed no miracles - any more than any one of us have created miracles. The Only miracle this planet has ever witnessed is LIFE AS WE KNOW IT. There's no requirement to defend God or quote bible scripture. God - being God - would not require our defence nor would he have need to be jealous, be hateful, advocate revenge or kill people for not believing in him. In fact he'd want us to have our own minds about everything and would accept each an every one of us no matter what we believed. EACH ONE of us are children of God - not just JESUS! Yes the bible - written by men (every word) translated over 32 times over many centuries some from languages long dead - and you'd call such a book liable to be 'accurate'? Twits indeed! There's not one word in the bible or anywhere else that Jesus was to be worshipped.

Location hidden

#33485 Jan 28, 2013
aircrew wrote:
JWs are people like you and me.The only thing that makes someone a ture JW is a matter of applying Bible principles to everyday life.JWs are there also to gain salvation and ressurection.Even a JW can make mistakes but one thing only Jehovah God can judge that .So dont say things about JW when you dont no nothing about.Hope one day you see that JWs are to do good not harm then again we are human beings and we are prone to do bad due to Satan is the main ruler of this world for now and hes turely angry due to the system of things coming to an end and he will be perish along with it SO AT THE MEAN TIME HE WILL TURN BROTHER AGAINST ANOTHER BROTHER,KILLINGS AND DEATH AS A RESULT,untill then Judgement day will come and the ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH GOD will judge us all.@@@@@@@@@<quoted text>
It's a false, evil and wicked religion built by SATAN.

JWs are a non-Christian, satanic cult which produces false prophecies, false doctrines, false scriptures, molested children and they use a fake, fabricated name for God Almighty.
I am Apostolic

Hindman, KY

#33486 Jan 28, 2013
my dad is a preacher and we do go to church and we believe in Acts chapter 2 verse 38 I am thinking of next time those people come to my house and drive their car past my no trespass sigh I am thinking of get their plate number off of their auto and then take them to court ps I live in Kelly Fork of Lotts Creek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min AussieBobby 263,267
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 38 min Tony 5,685
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 52 min MUQ1 37,594
Re : Re : Oil ang Gas Alerts 53 min vkusumaveni 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min yytonyjagyy 762,812
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 1 hr white man 107
The Global Elites Threaten Humans With 500 Days... 1 hr Marty Fong 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 554,361
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr The Awakener 174,932
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 603,442