how can u keep believing in god if no...

how can u keep believing in god if nothing ever goes right

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

RASHENDA MCDOWELL

Chicago, IL

#1 May 12, 2012
I CONSTANTLY PRAY NOW THAT IM AN ADULT AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK. AND IF GOD IS SO PWERFUL WHY WAS I BORN INTO SIN, WHY DID I HAVE A BAD CHILDHOOD, WHY AMI HAVING SO MANY BAD DAYS AS AN ADULT. WHY CANT I MOVE FORWARD, WHY DID I CHANGE MY LIFE FOR THE GOOD WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS HAPPIER WHEN I WAS DOING WRONG, AND WHY IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BOYFRIEND GOING SO BAD NOW THAT I PRAY. WHY DOES GOD DANGLE THINGS IN YOUR FACE THEN TAKE THEM BACK ITS JUST LIKE PUTTING CANDY IN A BABYS HAND AND TELLING THEM NOT TO EAT IT OR JUST SNATCHING THE CANDY BACK.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#2 May 12, 2012
God doesn't owe anyone anything

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2012
i dont, but they is some life out there that is mush stronger then us

“suck it and see”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 May 19, 2012
Are you truly praying? Have you asked God for forgiveness? Is your prayer just empty words? Never stop believing, this is what my pastor taught a youth group once
Scripture: "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him,'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' Luke 16:19-24 (NIV)

Do you use an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning? A lot of alarm clocks have a button on them called a snooze alarm. When your alarm goes off, you can hit that button and go back to sleep. In about ten minutes, the alarm will go off again. You can just keep on doing this and go right on sleeping.

Maybe it is nice to get that exra sleep, but there are two problems with snooze alarms. The first is that if you keep on hitting the snooze alarm, you may be late or miss out on something completely. The second problem is that if you keep hitting the snooze alarm, you may get so used to the sound of the alarm that you don’t even hear it at all and you will sleep right through the alarm.

Did you know that God sometimes sounds a "wake up" alarm in our lives? He speaks to our heart and says, "It is time to wake up and follow me." Some people hit the snooze button and say, "Not now Lord, call me again -- a little bit later." Some people hit that "snooze button" so many times that they get to where they don’t even hear God’s voice. When they finally wake up, they find out that it is too late. That is what happened in the Bible story.

Jesus told a story about a rich man who wore the finest clothes and lived in luxury. A beggar named Lazarus lay outside the rich man's gate. Lazarus was hungry and his body was covered with sores. He was hoping that the rich man might have pity on him and that he might be able to satisfy his hunger with the leftovers from the rich man's table. But every day the Rich man passed by Lazarus without even giving him a thought. I imagine that he passed by Lazarus so many times that he eventually got to the point that he didn't even see him at all.

The Bible says that Lazarus died and went to heaven. The rich man also died, but he went to hell. In hell, he looked up and saw Lazarus in heaven with Abraham. He asked Abraham to let Lazarus dip his finger in water and come and touch it to his burning tongue, but Abraham said, "No." Then he reminded the rich man how he had enjoyed such good things on earth while Lazarus had nothing.

The rich man then asked Abraham to allow Lazarus to go back to earth and warn his five brothers so that they would not end up in hell with him, but again, Abraham said, "No." The rich man finally woke up, but it was too late.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 May 20, 2012
it crap, turn to the shrooms ;-)
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 May 20, 2012
RASHENDA MCDOWELL wrote:
I CONSTANTLY PRAY NOW THAT IM AN ADULT AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK. AND IF GOD IS SO PWERFUL WHY WAS I BORN INTO SIN, WHY DID I HAVE A BAD CHILDHOOD, WHY AMI HAVING SO MANY BAD DAYS AS AN ADULT. WHY CANT I MOVE FORWARD, WHY DID I CHANGE MY LIFE FOR THE GOOD WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS HAPPIER WHEN I WAS DOING WRONG, AND WHY IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BOYFRIEND GOING SO BAD NOW THAT I PRAY. WHY DOES GOD DANGLE THINGS IN YOUR FACE THEN TAKE THEM BACK ITS JUST LIKE PUTTING CANDY IN A BABYS HAND AND TELLING THEM NOT TO EAT IT OR JUST SNATCHING THE CANDY BACK.
Maybe there's just something about you that pisses God off.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#7 May 20, 2012
the reasons why i believe in God:

* some of my prayers are answered

* i saw a real miracle last June 30, 2011.

if you read the posts in the thread, "God is REAL. Miracles happen", you will learn some miracles and how people turned into serious believers because of these miracles.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#8 May 20, 2012
despite so many people who say gays are not accepted by the Bible, i still believe in God. why?

* because some of my prayers are answered

* i saw a real miracle on June 30, 2011

last time when i went to church, i saw some gay partners. these gays still believe in God despite what others say about gays, that gays are not being accepted by the Bible.

“It's gonna be fine.”

Since: Feb 09

Santa Barbara, CA

#9 Jul 18, 2013
RASHENDA MCDOWELL wrote:
There are answers to your questions and there us hope and I believe that I can help you. Do you want to be helped?

“It's gonna be fine.”

Since: Feb 09

Santa Barbara, CA

#10 Jul 18, 2013
There are four players in the game.
You are one of them
God
The enemy of your soul and everyone else.
The only players that you can do anything about are you and Satan.
You can not change others, only they can do that and you can not change God.
You can change Satan by muting him and putting him under your authority. That is God's will.
You can not change the way you feel without changing the way you think.
You can not change the way you think without changing what you believe.
You can not change what you believe without choosing to do so.
You can not choose to do so without a choice yo choose from.
Stop making up that you have no choice in the matter.
You're awesome and you can't even help it.
That is the truth.
That is where your freedom is.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#11 Jul 18, 2013
RASHENDA MCDOWELL wrote:
I CONSTANTLY PRAY NOW THAT IM AN ADULT AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK.

AND IF GOD IS SO PWERFUL WHY WAS I BORN INTO SIN,
WHY DID I HAVE A BAD CHILDHOOD,
WHY AMI HAVING SO MANY BAD DAYS AS AN ADULT.
WHY CANT I MOVE FORWARD,
WHY DID I CHANGE MY LIFE FOR THE GOOD WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS HAPPIER WHEN I WAS DOING WRONG,
AND WHY IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BOYFRIEND GOING SO BAD NOW THAT I PRAY.

WHY DOES GOD DANGLE THINGS IN YOUR FACE THEN TAKE THEM BACK ITS JUST LIKE PUTTING CANDY IN A BABYS HAND AND TELLING THEM NOT TO EAT IT OR JUST SNATCHING THE CANDY BACK.
Are you an inner city black person?
I've noticed most inner city black folks have severe low self-esteem issues.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#12 Jul 18, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
despite so many people who say gays are not accepted by the Bible, i still believe in God. why?
last time when i went to church, i saw some gay partners. these gays still believe in God despite what others say about gays, that gays are not being accepted by the Bible.
Hey, Andet.
I think it would not only be a lie, but also very unfair if people said no Gays love Jesus.
There are many people that love God, but are also burdened by homosexuality.

Keep praying to Jesus for courage and help to do your best.
God loves you.
Cherianne

Johannesburg, South Africa

#13 Jul 18, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
Hi andet1987 - Gods accepts and loves everyone and that includes Gays and you go on believing because you are on the right track.
The Bible does not have an "exclusion section" where it states who are accepted and who is not. GOD LOVES EVERYONE.
I wish you well in your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min -Stray Dog 6,426
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Sherlayne 599,538
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tide with Beach 864,232
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 14 min Halle Berry Sister 2,774
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min WasteWater 6,294
__Wake the Dead 30 min Wake the Dead 1
___FEDs Recruiting Islamists Using YOUR Taxes! 31 min Wake the Dead 1
The Christian Atheist debate 46 min Lbj 1,962
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
More from around the web