cannabis legal in hawaii if 21and up

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

you voted for Bush twice

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 13, 2008
Voters passed a ballot measure that would direct police to take a hands-off approach to the adult personal use of marijuana.

With all precincts reporting, the measure passed 53.1 percent ( 35,329 votes ) to 38.6 percent ( 25,658 votes ).

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 13, 2008
HILO, Hawai'i — Big Island County police and federal authorities say they will continue enforcing marijuana laws despite the passage of a ballot initiative making it the lowest priority for law enforcement.
Advertisement

Voters approved the measure 34,957 to 25,464 in last week's election.

Police Chief Lawrence Mahuna said the measure is a resolution, not a law, and added, "there will be no change how we prioritize the enforcement of marijuana. The resolution does not invalidate federal law. It doesn't legalize marijuana. It's still a Schedule 1 controlled substance, he said.

"We will continue in our efforts to reduce the availability of illegal marijuana," he said.

County Corporation Counsel Lincoln Ashida disagreed with Mahuna's assertion that the approved measure isn't a law.
you voted for Bush twice

Honolulu, HI

#3 Nov 13, 2008
Riverine Furbearer wrote:
HILO, Hawai'i — Big Island County police and federal authorities say they will continue enforcing marijuana laws despite the passage of a ballot initiative making it the lowest priority for law enforcement.
Advertisement
Voters approved the measure 34,957 to 25,464 in last week's election.
Police Chief Lawrence Mahuna said the measure is a resolution, not a law, and added, "there will be no change how we prioritize the enforcement of marijuana. The resolution does not invalidate federal law. It doesn't legalize marijuana. It's still a Schedule 1 controlled substance, he said.
"We will continue in our efforts to reduce the availability of illegal marijuana," he said.
County Corporation Counsel Lincoln Ashida disagreed with Mahuna's assertion that the approved measure isn't a law.
Police Chief Lawrence Mahuna retires December 31 and is being Sued by the thc-ministry of Hawaii
Tyler

Lakeland, FL

#4 Nov 13, 2008
Oh bad ass! I am actually going to Hawaii this summer. Good info to know.
tomcat

Saint Marys, PA

#5 Nov 13, 2008
Geeesh I thought it said cannibals....I was ready to say....invite BHO to the luau.....dang it anyhow!!

Location hidden

#6 Nov 13, 2008
you voted for Bush twice wrote:
<quoted text>Police Chief Lawrence Mahuna retires December 31 and is being Sued by the thc-ministry of Hawaii
Retired, sued or whatever - He is 100% correct about 1 thing. It is illegal according to Federal Law - and that Law will probably never change.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 13, 2008
Tyler wrote:
I remeber it being that way in San Diego in the mid to late 70's - not sure how it is now. Then the Cops would scowl at you as they drove by without stopping if they saw you smoking a joint. It wasn't worth the paperwork to do anything.
you voted for Bush twice

Honolulu, HI

#8 Nov 13, 2008
Riverine Furbearer wrote:
<quoted text>Retired, sued or whatever - He is 100% correct about 1 thing. It is illegal according to Federal Law - and that Law will probably never change.
not true the state must ask for help from the Federal government. 24 plants and 24oz legal on perivit property no mater what don't hate

Location hidden

#9 Nov 13, 2008
<quoted text> not true the state must ask for help from the Federal government. 24 plants and 24oz legal on perivit property no mater what don't hate
Not true the DEA can bust people in any state.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 13, 2008
<quoted text> not true the state must ask for help from the Federal government. 24 plants and 24oz legal on perivit property no mater what don't hate
I have a friend in jail who thought that - gee, whats that knocking on your door?

Honolulu, HI

#11 Nov 13, 2008
i live in Hawaii maybe u should look at all the rules in the law
anonymous

Hilo, HI

#12 Mar 29, 2010
i think the law is stupid.! some have their opinions && judgements; but what i think heck if we wanna smoke, then so be it d'nt stop it! join or let be!

“my sex face”

Since: Dec 08

i<3corbett

#13 Apr 2, 2010
wait is it legal or not
im confused
nope

Simi Valley, CA

#14 Jul 29, 2010
It is not legal, and count on being hassled if popped.

http://norml.org/index.cfm...
Aaa

Louisville, KY

#15 Nov 8, 2011
Tyler wrote:
your gay
Sick assault

Bakersfield, CA

#16 Jul 14, 2012
If everyone would unite then pot would be legal for all. If you de-criminalize pot then police could focus on real crime and not on people self medicating
Real crime

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Sick assault wrote:
If everyone would unite then pot would be legal for all. If you de-criminalize pot then police could focus on real crime and not on people self medicating
"Real crime"... Really? Hmm let's see... The two burglary rings that were busted recently admitted to committing these "real crimes" because they needed quick cash for drugs. So when they get out of jail, leave your door unlocked and windows open when you're away so you don't have to fix anything when they take your property for fast cash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min dvanilla 96,713
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 773,575
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 264,984
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min scirocco 119,634
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min atemcowboy 558,866
Demirciköy PROFILO Kumköy SARIYER 202 80 0I P... 24 min tenzanen 1
Profilo USKUMRUKÖY.ARIKÖY 202 80 0I Gümüsdere ... 29 min tenzanen 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Lyndi 175,513
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Dolphin 441,751
More from around the web