Bush renews Patriot Act at 11th hour

Bush renews Patriot Act at 11th hour

There are 12 comments on the CNN story from Mar 9, 2006, titled Bush renews Patriot Act at 11th hour. In it, CNN reports that:

After a long battle with Congress that went down to the wire, President Bush signed a renewal of the USA Patriot Act on Thursday, a day before 16 major provisions of the old law expire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Susan

Orangeburg, NY

#1 Mar 9, 2006
Oh boy, I feel much safer now, while the illegal immigrants are banging on the back door of my house and the feds are kicking in the front door because the Constitution of the US has evaporated via the parrot act.
emily

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 10, 2006
Susan, I'm with you. How much are we going to freely hand away to them before we step up and say "No More!" The Patriot Act in all its content is just another way to strip us of more rights (by using fear) in order to render us defenceless. It's pathetic. Please, take all my rights away and call it something else. Our government gets more shodowy every day.
Darwins Stepchild

AOL

#5 Mar 10, 2006
emily wrote:
Susan, I'm with you. How much are we going to freely hand away to them before we step up and say "No More!" The Patriot Act in all its content is just another way to strip us of more rights (by using fear) in order to render us defenceless. It's pathetic. Please, take all my rights away and call it something else. Our government gets more shodowy every day.
It amazes me how many so-called conservatives are willing to give up their freedoms to a piece of paper that does very-little-if-anything to protect them. Aren't conservatives supposed to believe in less government interference in our lives?

Down with the unPartiot Act.
mad vet

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2006
Susan wrote:
Oh boy, I feel much safer now, while the illegal immigrants are banging on the back door of my house and the feds are kicking in the front door because the Constitution of the US has evaporated via the parrot act.
Parrot Act is exactly right! Arrrk, congress want a cracker? Good one Susan.
Ms Conserve

Orangeburg, NY

#7 Mar 10, 2006
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

It amazes me how many so-called conservatives are willing to give up their freedoms to a piece of paper that does very-little-if-anything to protect them. Aren't conservatives supposed to believe in less government interference in our lives?

Down with the unPartiot Act.
I think you've mistaken or associated freedom with government control, see Websters definition of freedom.
Susan

Orangeburg, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2006
Jay Weaver wrote:
To Susan of Londonderry, N.H.: Hang on Susan, the Raghead Muslim Jihad warriors are on their way to save you from George Bush..... they have a special place for Girlies in their pecking order and they prefer back doors.
Actually, if you knew anything about those you speak of, they believe that women are for bearing children and little boys are for sex and that's the truth. So I'd get out that telephone book underwear pad if I were you.
I don't need the protection you government dependents do. I can protect myself and if I can't then I don't deserve to be alive.
Susan

Orangeburg, NY

#9 Mar 10, 2006
clusterbuster wrote:
Yes, Susan your so called concern for your civil rights means nothing if you are dead. Grow a brain you bimbo and if you don't like it here move to Europe. Better yet try North Korea, Cuba, China..........
How sad, you think the government is protecting you? The only reason you're allowed to live by their hand is to either pay taxes or become a dependent and vote correctly, otherwise they have no use for you.
Sarah

Woods Cross, UT

#10 Mar 10, 2006
First of all my mom and stepdad are muslim (althought im not) and I dont remember there being that much sex with little boys in our home. People have a very big misconception about Islam. In the quaran it says nothing about women only being used for sex etc. etc. nor do all muslims believe that. Some countries are still a little behind yes. i.e iraq but other muslim countries such as India have had women prime ministers for pete's sake. Not every muslim is a terroist. There are white terroists if it comes down to it. As for the Patriot Act that's just another way to take our freedom away. Pretty soon what will we have left? Free Speech will probably go next.
Sarah

Woods Cross, UT

#11 Mar 10, 2006
Oh wait silly me..we already lost that.
Susan

Orangeburg, NY

#12 Mar 10, 2006
Sarah wrote:
First of all my mom and stepdad are muslim (althought im not) and I dont remember there being that much sex with little boys in our home. People have a very big misconception about Islam. In the quaran it says nothing about women only being used for sex etc. etc. nor do all muslims believe that. Some countries are still a little behind yes. i.e iraq but other muslim countries such as India have had women prime ministers for pete's sake. Not every muslim is a terroist. There are white terroists if it comes down to it. As for the Patriot Act that's just another way to take our freedom away. Pretty soon what will we have left? Free Speech will probably go next.
Try makng a visit to your 'homeland' before you speak of things you know not of from the comfort of your American armchair. Even mussies aren't proud of their unspoken sexual habits.
mad vet

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2006
Susan, I think Sarah missed the point of you comment, that you were actually just coming back at Jay Weaver for his uninformed comments. He, too, was trying to be funny, but doesn't have your ability for parody.

Sarah actually had a couple of good remarks. Yes, there are white terroists, and a few of them work in this government, and in this white house. They use FEAR the way you or I use humor. It harkens back to the 1950s and Joseph McCarthy. If you're not with us, your agin us, and if you're agin us, you surely must be communist.[Feel free to substitue terrorist for communist here.]

It's the same ol' dried up policies that the G.O.P. have been using since way back when. They use fear when they want something, and religion when necessary, and war whenever the economy is down. And according to a USA Today article, every Conservative President going back the Eisenhower, and one Democratic President, Carter, has had a recession. They've always used war to stimulate the economy. They put their rich friends to work that way, and if every body else suffers, oh well!

They're good at starting wars, but find it a bit of a problem finishing them. Remember Vietnam? The war on drugs? How about the war on poverty? Any better off, are you? Next came the Gulf war, and finally, the most open-ended war of them all ... the war on terror!!!

People die in these wars, people are jailed, people's lives are ruined, but, oh ... the rich do get richer, don't they!

The rest of us? We too need to start us a war. A war on this president and his regime. Our weapon? Votes. Votes. Votes. Don't just talk about it, get out there and do it!

I liked both your comments.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 15, 2014
No SirPrize here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ImPeach 26,491
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,823
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min Jake999 619,750
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 54 min Johnny 40
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr arrr 985,713
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web