Did Blacks Benefit from Slavery?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jimmythegeek

Ross, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2010
It is my observation that American blacks are bigger, faster, and stronger than African blacks. This must be due years of selective breeding during the slave era. That coupled with the fact that when they were freed, they remained in America, instead of going back to their dangerous homeland. This has allowed them to thrive in the world of sports, and entertainment in the U.S.

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#2 Jan 14, 2010
jimmythegeek wrote:
It is my observation that American blacks are bigger, faster, and stronger than African blacks. This must be due years of selective breeding during the slave era. That coupled with the fact that when they were freed, they remained in America, instead of going back to their dangerous homeland. This has allowed them to thrive in the world of sports, and entertainment in the U.S.
So due to the pitiful shape of many whites today, you suggest that whites should be enslaved by Blacks to be able in 300 years "to thrive in the world of sports and entertainment" ? Maybe it is an option to be examined seriously.

attai a whiteboi
jimmythegeek

Madera, CA

#3 Jan 14, 2010
I realize this is a "taboo" subject with the black community, but there must be a reason American blacks are so predominent in the world of sports. Obviously, the numbers don't support it.

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#4 Jan 15, 2010
jimmythegeek wrote:
I realize this is a "taboo" subject with the black community, but there must be a reason American blacks are so predominent in the world of sports. Obviously, the numbers don't support it.
you may notice the proportion of Black athletes not specifically African Americans, but Black Carribeans, Black Brazilians and above all Africans.
For the Africans, there is no link with any slavery.
The skills of Africans in soccer are well known : many soccer players in European teams are Africans or from African descent.

This is not a taboo : Black People are legitimately proud of the successes of Black athletes. There is simply no link with slavery : you have to dig much further.

attai a whiteboi
HAHA

Topeka, KS

#5 Jan 15, 2010
jimmythegeek wrote:
thats the stupidest shit i ever heard. Maybe we're just more athletic because grow up playin in the streets and shit while white people are arent athletic because they grew up sippin soup from a silver spoon. and cuz white boys cant jump, HAHA
jimmythegeek

Madera, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2010
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
thats the stupidest shit i ever heard. Maybe we're just more athletic because grow up playin in the streets and shit while white people are arent athletic because they grew up sippin soup from a silver spoon. and cuz white boys cant jump, HAHA
Yes, but you don't grow up to be 6'8" and athletic from just running around in a street. Take the NBA for example. Look at the size of these guys!
HAHA

Topeka, KS

#7 Jan 15, 2010
jimmythegeek wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but you don't grow up to be 6'8" and athletic from just running around in a street. Take the NBA for example. Look at the size of these guys!
Ok, the tallest man in the world iz asian, whats your point? pretty sure there are 6'8" white boys too. and the NBA doesnt randomly select players, dumbass, im pretty sure the advantage in basketball usually is with the taller guy, duh its the NBA, best of the best, everybody in the NFL aint 6'8". yall white people better stop sounding so dumb, your hurting your whole race.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#8 Jan 15, 2010
jimmythegeek wrote:
Could be selective breeding, but natural selection is more likely.
The slaves who were strong were able to survive the inhuman conditions and treatment on the plantations and duplicate themselves. The weak died and left no progeny.
jimmythegeek

Madera, CA

#9 Jan 15, 2010
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, the tallest man in the world iz asian, whats your point? pretty sure there are 6'8" white boys too. and the NBA doesnt randomly select players, dumbass, im pretty sure the advantage in basketball usually is with the taller guy, duh its the NBA, best of the best, everybody in the NFL aint 6'8". yall white people better stop sounding so dumb, your hurting your whole race.
Are you suggesting that selective breeding never occured, and that black dominance in sports is just random?
HAHA

Topeka, KS

#10 Jan 20, 2010
Im saying, most little black kids played sports starting at a young age because it seemed to be their only chance at success. you act like there are no white ppl in the NBA or NFL, theres plenty, theres just more black people in sports because all the white people are in politics. young black kids want to be in the NFL, young white kids want to be president.
Caffeinated

United States

#11 Jan 20, 2010
Sadly...blacks did benefit from slavery. Not the slaves themselves, but their descendants... who now enjoy the benefits of living in the United States.

Africa is a troubled nation.
jimmythegeek

Madera, CA

#12 Jan 20, 2010
HAHA wrote:
Im saying, most little black kids played sports starting at a young age because it seemed to be their only chance at success. you act like there are no white ppl in the NBA or NFL, theres plenty, theres just more black people in sports because all the white people are in politics. young black kids want to be in the NFL, young white kids want to be president.
Those are some pretty broad generalizations. I'm referring to the shear size, strength, and speed of the black athlete that can only be passed down through genetics. Kids of all races play sports as children. But only the top physical specimens are able to play as professionals
OJ theman

Madera, CA

#13 Jan 29, 2010
its case brothas just betterin sports then whitey. u no it evryone nos it.
justa realist

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2010
I think people are so scared of being called a racist that they refuse to use reason and logic.Of course descendants of slavery have advantages.Only the biggest and strongest survived being captured and transported overseas.Because of the harsh conditions of slavery only the strongest survived to adulthood.When buying slaves buyers bought the biggest and strongest men for obvious reasons that plantation life was extremely hard and physical work.Buyers bought female slaves that would be good breeding stock as well as for field work.Wide hips,large breasts,strong and big being the idealized selection.And for God's sake of course there was selective breeding, this is the definition of selective breeding.For 300+ years blacks were kept and bred like animals.As any horse or dog breeder can tell you , you buy the animals with the traits you want and you breed them to get the results you want.This has been known for thousands of years.As unpalatable and disgusting as the thought of people doing that to people is to our modern day sensibilities, to discount it or trivialize it due to pc'ness is the height of ignorance.As to why African Americans dominate sports there are two or three main reasons.First is that through the rigors of slavery and selective breeding(coupled with the hypothesis of abnormal growth due to the the high amounts of growth hormone and antibiotics in the usual foods of the poorer urban blacks) they are more likely to be bigger,faster( a possibly purely natural African trait?), and stronger.Add to that that the majority come from urban areas and were economically disadvantaged.And usually the only recreation that was readily available was the public park system.As we all know the main things in these parks is a small grassy common area,some sort of small jungle gym, and 1 or more basketball courts.So urban blacks were introduced at an very early age to basketball and learned a fast paced,few rules,individualistic type of street ball.Now take into consideration that in general,whites are first introduced to basketball in school.Where they are taught fundamentals first.Rules and proper etiquette as well as it being a team sport and not an individual sport.Where individual accomplishment is frowned upon in favor of team cohesiveness,and you can see that whites,in general mind you,start at a disadvantage.And finally the last but not necessarily least reason that professional sports are dominated by African Americans....Affirmative action.Yes Affirmative Action.Colleges are required by law to have a certain amount(percentage) of minority students attend and be given scholarships to there school.So since basketball and football typically make a lot of money for colleges an explosion of black recruits and scholarships began after the 1965 civil rights act.Now some of this was ingrained racism.Being that some of the more racist old school white controlled colleges didn't want to integrate but were being forced to.So it became clear to them that they had to do something.And this approach was more palatable and acceptable to them.And the other colleges followed suit.They saw that it was an economically viable compromise.So it became standard practice for recruiters to court black players as an easy way for colleges to fill their quotas for a diversified student body.Now of course times change but old habits die hard.And since the basketball and football pro's recruit from colleges there are an inordinate amount of blacks in pro sports.Now I know that many of you will dismiss me as a racist, bigot and a liar.But I assure you I'm not.I have not a racist bone in my body.I accept people for who they are.But having said that there are reasons for everything.And the ones I laid out here are real and at least partially responsible.It isn't in the least bit pc to say these things out loud but the truth is the truth.
therealdeal

Livermore, CA

#15 Feb 14, 2010
Ok, justa lets address the mental aspects of slavery. Isn't it true that slaves who were discovered to be intelligent were weeded out and eliminated? Does this aspect have anything to do with the common struggles that American blacks face today? Did the modern day American black gain physicality and lose mental ability?
Elizabeth25

Bellville, OH

#16 Feb 14, 2010
Caffeinated wrote:
Sadly...blacks did benefit from slavery. Not the slaves themselves, but their descendants... who now enjoy the benefits of living in the United States.
Africa is a troubled nation.
Wow, first, Africa is a continent, and some parts of it are actually thriving economically and their government is stable. Second, what the heck is wrong with decendents of slaves living in the US? We are all just as much citizens as you are. For most African American's ancestors, living here wasn't much of a choice. That's a good thing now, as living in America sounds a lot better than most parts of Africa right now.
39ehonor

Indiantown, FL

#17 Feb 14, 2010
therealdeal wrote:
Ok, justa lets address the mental aspects of slavery. Isn't it true that slaves who were discovered to be intelligent were weeded out and eliminated? Does this aspect have anything to do with the common struggles that American blacks face today? Did the modern day American black gain physicality and lose mental ability?
There was no such thing as "an intelligent slave"--black african IQ's were and are about 20 points lower than whites--Ethiopians have the lowest IQ's in the world--the true african black was represented in The Gods Must Be Crazy, a worldwide hit--the bushman spoke with clicking sounds lmwao--that's their language even today
Elizabeth25

Bellville, OH

#18 Feb 14, 2010
No, black Americans are not dumb, and have not lost any of their mental capacity. Black people, when freed from slavery were discriminated upon, they grouped together for obvious reasons, still segregated from the good white areas of places. They weren't given the best education, and that's all they knew. This has passed down from generation to generation and many blacks still all live together today, as their ancestors. It was just very hard to find education and make a better life. We are not stupid or less intelligent than white people, it is that because of this discrimination and inborn fear that blacks never made it out. Doesn't give them the excuse not to try today, when there should be an equal standard.
therealdeal

Livermore, CA

#19 Feb 14, 2010
39ehonor wrote:
<quoted text> There was no such thing as "an intelligent slave"--black african IQ's were and are about 20 points lower than whites--Ethiopians have the lowest IQ's in the world--the true african black was represented in The Gods Must Be Crazy, a worldwide hit--the bushman spoke with clicking sounds lmwao--that's their language even today
Yes but some slaves were discovered trying to learn how to read. For this they were severely punished or killed.
Elizabeth25

Bellville, OH

#20 Feb 14, 2010
39ehonor wrote:
<quoted text> There was no such thing as "an intelligent slave"--black african IQ's were and are about 20 points lower than whites--Ethiopians have the lowest IQ's in the world--the true african black was represented in The Gods Must Be Crazy, a worldwide hit--the bushman spoke with clicking sounds lmwao--that's their language even today
Have you ever considered the wide difference in education? Intelligence, yes all people seem to lack, but yes African Americans and Black Africans are smart, and can learn. Being ignorant does not make you stupid, it makes you unlearned. I'm sure most Ethiopians are not getting education even at the same level as American public schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 981,354
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 18 min sharona 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min ROCCO 104,742
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min True Christian-Jew 673,309
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 58 min Perry Mason jr 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,870
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Holy Child Jehova... 619,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 184,620
More from around the web