Sex Education and children

Sex Education and children

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Apr 14

Delhi, India

#1 May 6, 2014
Is it best to start talking with children about sexuality in early childhood...
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#2 May 7, 2014
Agreed – as soon as, and whenever they get curious and start asking questions, that's when you start answering those questions frankly honestly and basically. Let them know early on that you can be trusted for straight answers, and that you won't be judgmental or "think they're bad" for being curious. Let them know it's natural and normal and healthy, not dirty or nasty, but keep it all in context, and watch their little faces – you can tell when you've crossed that line and you're giving them too much information. Information never caused pregnancy or STDs, but ignorance is responsible for lots of it!
Brandi Lynn

Buffalo, NY

#3 May 7, 2014
I like it, that you said it that way – knowledge about sex never caused anybody to get pregnant, but ignorance does – that is so true! I have custody of my niece and she's getting to the age now where she's starting to ask those questions, I couldn't make her understand and so basically we both undressed and compared our bodies and that's when I kind of demonstrated by pantomime with my hands how sex works. She got real satisfied and hasn't asked any more questions, I think she found some videos online which I told her she shouldn't look at but I know she does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Bongo 104,910
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min kent 673,430
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 1,563
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,807
crystal bottoms former charm on SouthernCharms (Sep '09) 5 hr Ann 36
How old is "old enough" for sex? (Jun '15) 6 hr Breadcrumb Trail 29
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr bad bob 184,629
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr nanoanomaly 981,409
More from around the web