bless the jews
purity

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#7153 Feb 23, 2014
Revelation of Strategies

Springs of Life Key by Lillis BoyerAs a result of this deeper consecration to the Lord, many will receive divine strategies for this pivotal season (see John 16:13). The Spirit of Truth is releasing revelatory insights for all who are willing to hear Him with a heart set to obey what He is requesting (see James 1:22). Prepare to see an acceleration of the advancing of God's plans and purposes. God will have a people of purity and power, who live, move, and have their being in the absolute authority of Christ.

Revelation of Destiny

Whether or not you feel you are fulfilling your destiny, you are being prepared by the King of kings for His good purposes. You were chosen by God and have been given a divine destiny in eternities past. Why? The Lord is calling you to partner with Him to shape the future of the Kingdom of God (see 2 Corinthians 6:1)! This seems almost too marvelous to be true, but it is the Word of God. Ephesians 2:10 explains:

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

What does it mean to be "HIS workmanship"? The Greek term translated workmanship is poiema, from which we derive the English word poem. Indeed, we are God's poem, written in ages past to be a living testimony of His presence on earth (see Psalm 139:16-17). Without exception, every Believer has been created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has ordained for us.

Revelation of Anointing

In Yeshua's Presence by Jennifer PageThe desperate cry of many Believers is: "Oh, Lord, let Your works appear unto Your people" (see Psalm 90:16-17). The good news is that God's anointing rests upon pure, upright followers of Jesus, and we will fulfill His purposes on earth. God has not only ordained good works for us, but He has also provided the grace we need to perform these works (see Philippians 4:13). We all have "an unction to function." Each one of us is anointed to fulfill the purposes of God (see Acts 1:8).

As we move deeper into this season of sensitivity and revelatory enlightenment, we must never forget that our calling and destiny, our chief aim, is to abide in our Beloved Jesus Christ, fixing our eyes on Him and Him alone. Only in His light do we see light (see Psalm 36:9). Only in His presence do we obtain a happy, holy heart (see Psalm 16:11).
purity

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#7154 Feb 23, 2014
Leaders With Pure Hearts

These marks of maturity are being seen in many lives, but it is imperative that leaders set an even higher standard for the Body of Christ. Purity of heart and purity of motives are required if we are to behold the Lord (see Hebrews 12:14). Divinely appointed leaders are emerging who have a single heart's goal to establish the King in His Kingdom on earth.

Heart of Fire and Passion by Lillis BoyerThis purity of heart is an absolute requirement for every Believer and leader, because we are entering into a season of signs and wonders on a level never before experienced. But we must be on the alert: the supernatural will be displayed not only from the Holy Spirit but also from the dark side. Scripture warns that, in the last days, deception will be strong (see Matthew 24:24). Even though the enemy will attempt to deceive many, Christ Jesus will have for Himself a people prepared to do greater works (see John 14:12).

This is not a time for any Believer or leader in the Body of Christ to be humdrum, expecting only what we have seen and experienced before. We have never been where we are going now (see Joshua 3:4). We all must prepare for what is ahead: The call to embrace the awe of Almighty God. A wonderful, reverential fear of the Lord is returning to the people of God, releasing the wisdom of God (see Psalm 111:10).

The hearts and lives of millions are going to be touched and transformed by the power of God during these days, as God's people return to a radical love for Christ.

Amen!

Bobby Conner
Eagles View Ministries
grow in HIS gifts

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#7155 Feb 23, 2014
..........He is so gracious that by His Holy Spirit He freely distributes spiritual gifts to all who are saved..........

..........He not only wants us to know our spiritual gifts, but He expects us to grow in them each day..........
use our spiritual gifts

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#7156 Feb 23, 2014
............... Bible tells us to use our spiritual gifts in love to glorify God and edify His church. He gives us opportunities every day to put our gifts to use and bless others..............
thou be holy

Manassas, VA

#7157 Feb 23, 2014
And still, it must be our aim to be holy! But how is this to be attained?

We cannot be holy and be of the world.

We cannot be holy- it were a contradiction of terms- and live in any known sin.

We cannot be holy and pamper the flesh, and love the society of the ungodly, and so walk after the course of this world.

What does the apostle say? "Stop loving this evil world and all that it offers you, for when you love the world, you show that you do not have the love of the Father in you.

For the world offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and pride in our possessions.

These are not from the Father. They are from this evil world."
control by holyspirit

Manassas, VA

#7158 Feb 23, 2014
GOD DOESN’T WANT EITHER THE LUST FOR MONEY, POWER AND SENSUAL PLEASURE CONTROLLING US. HE DESIRES THAT WE BE CONTROLLED ONLY BY THE HOLY SPIRIT SO THAT WE MAY OBEY HIS WILL MORE FULLY
control by holyspirit

Manassas, VA

#7159 Feb 23, 2014
GOD DOESN’T WANT EITHER THE LUST FOR MONEY, POWER AND SENSUAL PLEASURE CONTROLLING US.

HE DESIRES THAT WE BE CONTROLLED ONLY BY THE HOLY SPIRIT SO THAT WE MAY OBEY HIS WILL MORE FULLY

Stated another way: Money, power, and/or the pursuit of sensual pleasure was never intended to drive us or control us. All three can become an addiction without our even realizing it. By the help of the Holy Spirit, we’re to be controlled by HIM – nothing else – nothing less.
control by holyspirit

Manassas, VA

#7160 Feb 23, 2014
Money, power, and/or the pursuit of sensual pleasure was never intended to drive us or control us.

All three can become an addiction without our even realizing it. By the help of the Holy Spirit, we’re to be controlled by HIM – nothing else – nothing less.
control by holyspirit

Manassas, VA

#7161 Feb 23, 2014
All three can become an addiction without our even realizing it.

By the help of the Holy Spirit, we’re to be controlled by HIM – nothing else – nothing less.
repentrepentrepe nt

Manassas, VA

#7162 Feb 23, 2014
God knows our actions in advance from all eternity as part of His hidden will (Deut. 29:29), and He brings His secret will to pass by first announcing an intention and then moving us to respond.

But we are not to worry excessively about the details of the future or other secret things.

Instead, when we are warned of sin we must repent knowing that if we do so, the Lord will temper or even suspend His judgment.

Repent today and call others to do the same.
blessed book

Manassas, VA

#7164 Feb 24, 2014
----------Blessing----------

The Bible is a blessed book. It begins with blessing. It ends with blessing. It’s about blessing. Even more, it is a blessing. But all of this begs a question: what exactly do we mean by the word blessing?

Count Your Blessings

In everyday parlance, the word blessing reflects a range of meanings. We can count them one by one. So, for example, we might speak of bumping into a long-lost friend as an “unexpected blessing” or (depending on the friend) even as a “mixed blessing.” Here the word more or less conveys the idea of personal gain and good fortune. But the term can also carry with it a sense of granting approval, as when a love-smitten lad asks for the “blessing” of a would-be father-in-law for his daughter’s hand in marriage.

Still further, we often think of blessing as connoting divine favor and protection; hence, nearly every presidential speech ends with those grandiose words:“God bless America.”

I would suggest, however, that none of these uses of the term get to the bottom of blessing. Sure, the Bible likewise speaks of it in a multiplicity of ways. We thus read of blessing as the reward of a birthright (Gen. 27); the goodwill of one person to another (Gen. 33:11); the endowment of fatherly favor (Gen. 49:28); the privilege of serving God (Ex. 32:29); the receiving of an inheritance (Josh. 15:19); the benefit of a healthy crop (Lev. 25:21; Heb. 6:7–8); the bounty of creation (Ps. 65:9–13); and so on.

But even these blessed experiences need to be read against the wider backdrop of the Bible’s teaching on blessing.
blessed book

Manassas, VA

#7165 Feb 24, 2014
From Whom All Blessings Flow

The word for blessing comes from a Hebrew noun (berakah) that is most often used to communicate the conferring of God’s covenant favor and goodness. Similarly, the verb form,“to bless”(barak), means, at root,“to kneel,” but it is frequently used to describe the reverent worship of God’s covenant people, both in terms of prayer and praise.

But how are these Hebrew words related? Think of the difference between a benediction and a doxology. Both involve a distinct aspect of blessing. In a benediction we receive a blessing (berakah) from God (Num. 6:22–27). But in a doxology we exalt or bless (barak) God for His blessing (Ps. 103:1–5). In short, benediction begets doxology (Eph. 1:3–14).

The bestowal of divine blessing, therefore, points to an intimate relationship between a benevolent benefactor and his unworthy recipients. The former gives and graces, and the latter receives and rejoices, with blessing as the bond between them. God richly blesses us, and we in turn bless Him for His blessing. So we gladly sing,“Praise God from whom all blessings flow.”

This, however, is only the nutsand- bolt s a spect of blessing. Throughout Scripture, the word is inextricably linked to four other biblical principles: creation, covenant, cursing, and Christ. In this context, blessing takes on a much richer, and more specific, meaning.
blessed book

Manassas, VA

#7166 Feb 24, 2014
Fount of Every Blessing

The Bible opens with a pronouncement of blessing. In Genesis 1 we learn that the first benediction was spoken directly by God: He blessed creation on the fifth day, humanity on the sixth day, and the Sabbath on the seventh day. Life in paradise was lived under the full blessing of God.

In Genesis 3, however, God’s benediction became a malediction due to Adam’s sin. Thus, He cursed the Serpent, the woman, and Adam for their rebellion. As a result, humanity no longer lives under the umbrella of divine favor but under the hand of divine judgment. Sadly, the blessing that was enjoyed in paradise was lost as a result of the fall.

The rest of the Bible tells the unexpected story of how God’s blessing from creation is rediscovered by means of God’s gracious covenant. Hints of how this would be accomplished were given to Adam (Gen. 3:15), Noah (Gen. 9:1), Abraham (Gen. 12:1–3), Moses (Deut. 27–30), David (2 Sam. 7:28–29), and Ezekiel (Ezek. 34:25–26), among others. But the fount of God’s blessing is ultimately revealed in the Son of God incarnate.

In the New Testament, we discover the good news that Jesus turned God’s cursing into a blessing by becoming Himself a curse on the cross (Gal. 3:10–14). Those who trust in Christ are therefore gloriously forgiven and blessed both now and in eternity (Rom. 4:7–8); blessing lost is now blessing regained by the Lamb of God (Rev. 22).

Tragically yet justly, those who reject Him remain under God’s judgment and are cursed forever (John 3:36).

What, then, is God’s blessing? The answer is simple: Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:3).

by John Tweeddale
precious gift

Manassas, VA

#7167 Feb 24, 2014
~~~~~~The Precious Gift of Baby Talk~~~~~~~~~~

by John Piper

Human language is precious. It sets us off from the animals. It makes our most sophisticated scientific discoveries and our deepest emotions sharable. Above all, God chose to reveal Himself to us through human language in the Bible. In the fullness of time, He spoke to us by His Son (Heb. 1:1–2), and that Son spoke human language. In like manner, He sent His Spirit to lead His apostles into all truth so that they could tell the story of the Son in human language. Without this story in human language, we would not know the Son. Therefore, human language is immeasurably precious.

But it is also imperfect for capturing the fullness of God. In 1 Corinthians 13, there are four comparisons between this present time and the age to come after Christ returns.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.
precious gift

Manassas, VA

#7168 Feb 24, 2014
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love (vv. 8–13). Note the comparisons with this age (now) and the age to come (then):

Now: We know in part.
Then: When the perfect comes, the partial will pass away (vv. 9–10).
Now: I spoke and thought and reasoned like a child.
Then: When I became a man, I gave up childish ways (v. 11).

Now: We see in a mirror dimly.
Then: We will see face to face (v. 12).
Now: I know in part.

Then: I will know fully, even as I am fully known (v. 12).
In this context, we can see what Paul means when he writes,“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.” He is saying that in this age, our human language and thought and reasoning are like baby talk compared to how we will speak, think, and reason in the age to come.

When Paul was caught up into heaven and given glimpses of heavenly realities, he said that he “heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter”(2 Cor. 12:4). Our language is insufficient to carry the greatness of all that God is.

But what a blunder it would be to infer from this that we may despise language or treat it with contempt or carelessness. What a blunder, if we began to belittle true statements about God as cheap or unhelpful or false. What folly it would be if we scorned propositions, clauses, phrases, and words, as though they were not inexpressibly precious and essential to life.

The main reason this would be folly is that God chose to send His Son into our nursery and speak baby talk with us. Jesus Christ became a child with us. There was a time when Jesus Himself would have said,“When I was a child, I spoke like a child and thought like a child and reasoned like a child.” That is what the incarnation means. He accommodated Himself to our baby talk. He stammered with us in the nursery of human life in this age.

Jesus spoke baby talk. The Sermon on the Mount is our baby talk. His High Priestly Prayer in John 17 is baby talk.“My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?”(Mark 15:34) is baby talk — infinitely precious, true, glorious baby talk.

More than that, God inspired an entire Bible of baby talk. True baby talk. Baby talk with absolute authority and power. Baby talk that is sweeter than honey and more to be desired than gold.

John Calvin said that “God, in so speaking, lisps with us as nurses are wont to do with little children”(Institutes of the Christian Religion, 1.13.1). How precious is the baby talk of God. It is not like grass that withers or flowers that fade; it abides forever (Isa. 40:8).

There will be another language and thought and reasoning in the age to come. And we will see things that could not have been expressed in our present baby talk. But when God sent His Son into our human nursery, talking baby talk and dying for the toddlers, He shut the mouths of those who ridicule the possibilities of truth and beauty in the mouth of babes.

And when God inspired a book with baby talk as the infallible interpretation of Himself, what shall we say of the children who make light of the gift of human language as the medium of knowing God?

Woe to those who despise, belittle, exploit, or manipulate this gift to the children of man. It is not a toy in the nursery. It is the breath of life.“The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life”(John 6:63).
life

Manassas, VA

#7169 Feb 24, 2014
"I Do Not Remember"

By Francis Frangipane

How little we understand of eternal redemption! How many times will God forgive you? If you have truly set your heart to follow Him, He will cancel your sins as often as you ask. Will He forgive you of the worst sin you can think of? Yes! You may have to live with the consequences of your misdeed, but God can use your repentance and newly found humility to inspire others. As for the sin itself, if you sincerely repent of it, not only will God forgive you, He will blot it out of His memory.

Let me share an experience. A certain man of God had been gifted with revelatory insight into people's lives. During an evening service he ministered to a Presbyterian pastor and his wife. By the gift of the Spirit, he revealed the couple's past, uncovered their present situation, and then disclosed to them what was to come. This work of God greatly impressed the couple, and as the prophecies were fulfilled, one month later the Presbyterian minister brought two other pastors, each with their wives, to another service for personal ministry.

The word of knowledge was exceptionally sure that night, and the second minister and his wife marveled at the accuracy and truth in the prophetic word. The third couple stepped forward for ministry, and again the word of knowledge was present. The prophet spoke to the husband, revealing his past, present, and insight into his future. Then the man of God turned to this third minister's wife. As he began to speak of her past, suddenly he paused, then said, "There was a very serious sin in your past," he said. The woman, with her worst fear upon her, turned pale and closed her eyes. The congregation hushed and moved to the edge of their seats.

The prophet continued, "And I asked the Lord,'What was this sin that she committed?' And the Lord answered,'I do not remember!'"

The Lord had been faithful to His covenant promise: "I will not remember your sins" (Isa. 43:25). Although many times this minister's wife had asked for cleansing, still she could not believe the depth of God's forgiveness. Christ had placed her sin in the sea of His forgetfulness. He removed it "as far as the east is from the west" (Ps. 103:12). From everywhere but the prison of her own mind, her sin had been paid for and removed. And now, in His great mercy, He removed it from there as well!

Oh, what burdens we carry, what guilt and limitations surround us because we do not accept God's total and perfect forgiveness. In Isaiah we read, "I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins" (Isa. 43:25).

How great is the God we serve. How wonderful is His love toward us. He is our Redeemer, our Savior! If you are willing to forgive others and will but ask Him to forgive you, He will pardon your debts as often as you contritely turn to Him. He promises He will remember your sins no more.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God available at www.arrowbookstore.com .
life

Manassas, VA

#7170 Feb 24, 2014
The Trinity, then, is not some awkward add-on to God, the optional extra nobody should want. No, God is beautiful, desirable, and life-giving precisely because He is the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Only here can be found the God who is love and who shares with us His very own life and joy. Only here can be found the God whom it is eternal life to know.

He understood what some habitually forget: Effective gospel preaching depends wholly on the power of the Spirit as Christ offers Himself in the gospel. If we neglect to proclaim the work of Christ or to beseech the work of the Spirit, all preaching is lifeless and impotent. But Calvin reminds us also that the Spirit is necessary for producing the unity fitting for renewed life
repenTance

Manassas, VA

#7171 Feb 24, 2014
Repentance and the Way God Calls Holy

By Francis Frangipane

Many are calling for prayer for our nation. To that message I would like to add a call to repentance as well. Indeed, 2 Chronicles 7:14 not only calls us to pray but to follow through by humbling ourselves, aggressively turning away from evil. In that spirit, we then seek God's face. There is far too much compromise among us. We need a breakthrough into brokenness. A move of God is coming, but it will only be as deep as our repentance prepares us.
The purpose of this message is to take us beyond simply feeling sorry we sinned. God wants to bring us into an attitude of repentance that persistently returns to Him until the fruit of righteousness comes forth in our lives.
The Bible tells us that prior to the beginning of Christ's ministry, "there came a man, sent from God, whose name was John" (John 1:6). John the Baptist was sent from God. His baptism of repentance was not the last event of the old covenant to be completed; it was the first event, the ground breaker, of the new covenant. John was sent by God as a forerunner to Christ's ministry. His unique purpose was to immerse Israel into an attitude of repentance (Acts 19:4). He was called to go before Christ. His task was to "prepare" and "make ready the way of the Lord" (Mark 1:2-3).
Some measure of repentance always precedes the coming forth of the living Christ in a person's life. To "prepare" and "make ready" is the purpose of repentance. Let us be sure we understand: John's repentance did not merely make men sorry, it made men ready.
True repentance is to turn over the soil of the heart for a new planting of righteousness or directives from God. It is a vital aspect in the overall sphere of spiritual maturity. To truly change your mind takes time and effort. John's command to the Jews was to "bear fruit in keeping with your repentance" (Matt. 3:8).
repenTance

Manassas, VA

#7172 Feb 24, 2014
Let us also realize that repentance is not over until fruit is brought forth. In effect, John was saying, "Cease not your turning away from pride until you delight in lowliness. Continue repenting of selfishness until love is natural to you. Do not stop mourning your impurities until you are pure." He demanded men keep with repentance until fruit was manifested. And if you will be holy, you will continue in repentance until you are holy.
The apostle John tells us, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). Do not hide from your sins; confess them. God's grace and the sacrifice of His Son are enough to cover and forgive any and every sin, but we must ask for forgiveness. We must humble ourselves and, from the heart, submit again to God. Be honest about your sin and He will cleanse you of it.
An exhortation: persist in your repentance, never doubting the generosity of God's mercy. If God commands us to forgive unconditionally those who sin against us (Matt. 18:21-22), know that God does not require of us more than He demands of Himself. If you sin 490 times in one day, after each time cry to Him for forgiveness. He will both forgive you and cleanse you of sin's effect.
During one period in my life I repeatedly stumbled over the same problem. Grieved and doubting in my heart, I cried out, "Lord! how long will you put up with me?" In a flash of grace and truth He answered, "Until I have perfected you."
The Scriptures tell us, "Reproofs of instruction are the way of life" (Prov. 6:23 KJV). This is not burdensome except to those who refuse correction. The way of reproof is the way of life! Jesus said, "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent" (Rev. 3:19). It is not God's wrath that speaks to us of repentance; it is His lovingkindness. We have been promised, "He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" (Phil. 1:6). As long as we desire to be like Him, His rebuke will be a door into His presence.
If, however, you recoil at the word repentance, it is because you do not want to change. You need this message. When the thought of repentance is not shrouded in gloomy images of sackcloth and tears, when correction inspires rejoicing and shouts of praise to God's grace, know that your spirit has truly become pure. It is at this point you are walking the way God calls holy.
Welly

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#7173 Feb 24, 2014
Well done

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Jim-ca 53,373
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Hukt on Fonix 992,493
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 34 min onemale1 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Phooey 693,592
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Peter Ross 56
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,483
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 1 hr Puttin Bro 2
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web