theology is out

United States

#6977 Dec 19, 2013
There is no shame in having imperfect theology. If there were, all of us would be in trouble because none of us has a flawless understanding of who God is and how He works in the universe. We are in the process of maturing and growing, and our Father wants to give us a better, clearer picture of who He is. He wants to surprise us with His love and goodness.

The Lord once shared with me,“I will never tell anyone they had great theology.” The truth is that compared to Him, all of our theology is trite. It is far too confining. It’s shallow. He is God. He is Adonai, the One who declares:

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
— Isaiah 55:9
David asked,

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
— Psalm 8:4
When God “measures” our theology by His standards, the best, most accurate theology in the world seems to shrink down into a small square of holey fabric. I think theology is very important, but God’s perfection will always make theological “perfection” seem small in its understanding. God is bigger than our craziest hopes. He is more than we could ever imagine and is far beyond our descriptions of Him.

Sometimes the best thing that could happen to us is getting turned on our heads—so we suddenly have a better perspective. We stare at Him and say,“My God, I didn’t know You were like that. Why have I never seen this about You before? How did I not know this about You?”

LEAD ME NOT
wellplaced

United States

#6978 Dec 19, 2013
A well-placed, well-detailed prophetic word is a powerful thing. Not only that, but it can make the person who gives it look really, really good! However, the more information we receive from the Lord ourselves, the easier it will be for us to complete what He has set before us to do

The enemy will attempt to destroy our faith when we have heard God’s voice. But if we cling to God and purpose in our hearts to see what He sees and to receive direction from Him, we will not be rocked when hard times come. We will understand what the enemy is up to, and it will actually encourage us to keep going. After all, if the enemy cares enough to try to discourage us, it will really discourage him if we press through to achieve that which God designed and called us to do.

The more we receive from the Lord ourselves, the easier it is going to be for us to see His purposes accomplished in our lives.
4 things church must do

United States

#6979 Dec 19, 2013
FOUR THINGS THE CHURCH MUST DO

First, the Church must return to knowing God and His ways rather than just knowing about God. We have replaced power with programs, revelation with administration and the Father’s heart with organizational skills.

Second, the Church must learn how to contend for the faith again. We are weak, and we fall away so easily when crisis is not at hand. We have not been tested, and we have lost our resolve. We understand little of the adversary’s plans. We do not know how to debate our faith without becoming angry, and thus we have so few strong, clear, godly voices in political arenas. We have lost our witness — the witness that convicts others and strongly testifies that God is still God and is very, very real. We have lost the witness that demonstrates that God is a personal God in a very impersonal world, the witness that says,“What I do proves God exists.”

Third, the Church must return to the love of God’s Word and the belief that it is infallible and inerrant. This would include the conviction, understanding and knowledge that God is absolute, and there is only one way to know Him: through Jesus the Messiah. We need a new revelation that God’s power is unlimited, His knowledge is unending, His presence is with us always and He never changes. We have made God far too small, and our lives prove it.

Fourth, we will need to declare sacred and solemn assemblies of repentance and corporate fasting in many parts of this nation — a time set aside for rending our hearts before God.

“Now, therefore,” says the LORD,“Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm. Who knows if He will turn and relent, And leave a blessing behind Him — A grain offering and a drink offering For the LORD your God?
Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; Gather the people, Sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and nursing babes; Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber, And the bride from her dressing room. Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say,“Spare Your people, O LORD.”— Joel 2:12–17
follow right real God

United States

#6980 Dec 19, 2013
CRISIS IS THE FRUIT OF FOLLOWING THE WRONG GOD

God allows calamities to happen in order to draw us to Himself. What does that mean? It means that God allows us to reap the fruit of that which we serve. Walking in God’s ways brings blessings and fullness of life, while walking in the ways of the “god of this world” will bring the fruit of the god of this world: decay, destruction, deterioration and death. We make our choice, then the choice makes us. Sadly, we are developing a history of wrong choices.

Throughout Scripture, when crises hit the people of God, they turned their hearts to Him, and He heard and took action.

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
— Jeremiah 29:12–13
May the people of the United States seek the Lord … and find Him. Remember, we still have the promise that if we turn from our wicked ways, God will heal our land.
cluegam

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6981 Dec 25, 2013
"People with migraine actually have differences in the structure of their blood vessels -- this is something you are born with," said the study's lead author, Brett Cucchiara, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology. "These differences seem to be associated with changes in blood flow in the brain, and it's possible that these changes may trigger migraine, which may explain why some people, for instance, notice that dehydration triggers their headaches."

Migraine May Permanently Change Brain Structure

Social Stigma of Migraine Headaches: Worse Than Epilepsy

Social stigma occurs when society disapproves of a person because they are different in some way -- either externally, as with a birthmark, or in an unseen way, as with migraine. Stigma can hurt people's personal relationships, their work prospects, and their state of mind.
cluegam

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6982 Dec 25, 2013
Study subjects with chronic migraine reported a greater inability to work than patients with epilepsy. Many required bed rest during the day for hours at a time, many times per month.

The study and treatment of migraine suffers from stigma itself; it is often considered a minor health problem -- "just a headache." Yet in Dr. Young's clinic alone, 25 percent of migraine patients cannot hold a job due to the disease. Many more suffer severe headaches nearly every day. Severe depression and even suicidal thoughts are common among patients with chronic migraine.

Episodic migraine was defined as 14 headaches per month or fewer. Chronic migraine is greater than 14 headaches per month, with eight of these meeting the criteria for migraine.
best gifts

United States

#6983 Dec 25, 2013
Childlikeness has a special place in God’s heart. He calls us His children, and coming to Him in faith and trust requires hearts that are childlike.

With that in mind, have you ever considered being childlike with God around Christmas time—enough to give Him a Christmas gift? What would you give Him?

This Christmas, there is something every person has the opportunity to give God—something precious, something important—yet it won’t cost you anything in the traditional sense.
Turn Your Heart

When David lost his family and the families of his men to the Amalekites in 1 Samuel 30, he gave God a gift. He chose to turn his heart toward Him. The Bible says he “strengthened himself in the Lord.”

What does that look like? In a moment of deep pain, David chose to rely on the names of God because he knew that the name of God, the acts of God and the glory of God are one; they are inseparable. Consider what that means—you do not have a God who is Jehovah-Rapha but fails to heal. You do not have a God who is Jehovah-Shalom but fails to bring peace. You do not have a God who is Jehovah-Jireh but fails to provide. David sought God’s face:

I will call on the name of Jehovah-Tsidkenu: the Lord my righteousness; pure in action, morally perfect.
I will call on Jehovah-Mishpat: the Lord our justice; the unbiased, impartial One.
I will call on Jehovah-Checed: the Lord who is merciful; the Lord, loving, kind, courteous; the overlooking One.
I will call on Jehovah-Mekaddesh: the Lord who sanctifies; the pure One, who is clean without stain.
I will call on Jehovah-Magen: the Lord our shield; the protecting, hiding overshadowing One.
I will call on Jehovah-Shalom: the Lord is peace; the calm, content, preparing One.
I will call on Jehovah-Shamah; the Lord is there; the patient, revealing, disclosing One.
I will call on Jehovah-Rapha: the Lord is healing; the creating, righteous, restorative One.
I will call on Jehovah-Jireh: the Lord provides; the knowing, seeing, giving One.
I will call on Jehovah-Nissi: the Lord our victorious banner; the offensive (advancing) One.
I will call on Jehovah-Rohi: the Lord our Shepherd; the strong, leading, protecting One.
I will call on Jehovah-Ahavah: the Lord is love, patient and kind; the caring, empathetic One.
I will call on Jehovah-Elohim: the Lord is worthy of worship; the glorious, incomparable, all-powerful One.
I will call on Jehovah-Qanna: the Lord is jealous; the love-stricken jealous One, who is angry on my behalf.
I will call on Jehovah-Elyon: the Lord and supreme God; Deliverer of all that exists.
I will call on Jehovah-El Olam: the Lord is eternal; the uncaused, self-creating, self-existing One.
I will call on Jehovah-Kadesh: the Lord who is holy; the pure, undefiled and uncompromised One.
I will call on Jehovah-Shaddai: the Lord is mighty; the omnipotent, all-powerful One, infinite in strength.
I will call on Jehovah-Owr: the Lord is light; the luminous, glowing, radiant One.
I will call on Jehovah-Kabod: the Lord of weighty glory; the rich and splendorous One.

This is the God who will protect you! This is the God who will provide for you. This is the God who sees you. He knows your distress. He knows where you are. He knows your heart for Him—and you will not fail, because He will not fail.

The best gift you and I could ever give God is to do as David did and turn our hearts toward Him—to open our hearts to Him and His will (Matthew 11:30). This is an incredible gift that means the world to Him. It will impact His heart at a depth that will take us by surprise.

When You said,“Seek My face,”
My heart said to You,“Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
— Psalm 27:8
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#6984 Dec 25, 2013
--- The best gifts given to peoples FROM GOD are; GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SAVIOR, REDEEMER, JESUS CHRIST AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT...Thankyou...
revive us again

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6985 Dec 28, 2013
Revival happens when we see God majestic in holiness, and when we see ourselves disobedient dust. Brokenness, repentance, unspeakable joy of forgiveness, a "taste for the magnificence of God," a hunger for his holiness—to see it more and to live it more: that's revival. And it comes from seeing God.
joyous brand newyear 2014

United States

#6987 Jan 1, 2014
As the new year renews all the happiness and good tidings, hope the joyful spirit keeps glowing in the your heart forever! Happy New Year...

May you discover all your hidden potentials this New Year and turn them into delightful ventures bringing you fame and finances to rejoice.

May this year brings all the desired success and happiness in your life that you can cherish always. Wish you a successful and prosperous 2014.

GOD'S FAVOR, HEALTH, WEALTH, SECURITY, SAFETY,
WISDOM BE UPON BLESS THE JEWS BLOGGERS. AMEN!

LONG LIFE BE CURE BE ALIVE TO US ALL..AMEN
4 living creatures

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6989 Jan 4, 2014
The purpose of the four living creatures also has to do with declaring the holiness of God, leading in worship and adoration of God, and they are involved in some way with God’s justice, for when He opens for first four seals and sends out the four horsemen to destroy, their powerful voices, like thunder, command “come”(6:1-8). The horsemen respond to the summons of the four powerful creatures, indicating the power the creatures possess. That power is seen again in Revelation 15:7 when one of the four unleashes the last seven plagues of God’s wrath on mankind.

The four living creatures are very similar, if not the same, beings as those in Ezekiel 10:2,14, and 20 and Isaiah 6:1-3. They are four in number, full of eyes, have faces like the beings in Ezekiel 1:10, six wings (Isaiah 6:2), and offer worship as the beings in Isaiah 6:3, saying “holy, holy, holy is the Lord.” They may not be the exact same beings, but they definitely are comparable and probably of the same order.

In summary, these beings are an exalted order of angels whose purpose is primarily that of worship (Revelation 19:4). They are very similar to the beings in Ezekiel 10 and Isaiah 6:1-3, and they are in some ways involved in God’s divine justice.
animals can think

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6990 Jan 4, 2014
Now, even if you don't read the whole book, you probably don't want to miss Chapter Four. It's called, "Animals can think!" This is going to be either quite controversial to you, or...more likely, you're going to find yourself saying, "Well, of course they can…now that you put it that way!"

Here are just a very few amazing Excerpts from this book, "Healing the Earth!"
john

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6991 Jan 4, 2014
John Paul Jackson: "...Some of what John writes will shock you, some will surprise you, and all of it will make you think more deeply about God and what He intended when He created mankind, the Heavens, and the Earth. In reading Healing the Earth, you will come away with a greater appreciation for what God put mankind here to do. You will discover that our purpose for being here is tied to all of creation in unexpected ways."
john

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6992 Jan 4, 2014
Healing the Earth ... Time for Change introduces a set of Biblical perspectives for interacting with creation as men and women of God. When we turn from our wicked ways, the land is HEALED along with us. John and Mark unfold this neglected truth, urging us to turn from hurtful attitudes towards God's good earth, as well as false ideas that spawn destructive ways of relating to it. We will not see a perfectly restored earth until after Jesus' return, but for now, to whatever extent our lives reflect His glory, the earth may be set free to do likewise.

If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).
amir

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6995 Jan 4, 2014
bless the jews
prophets authority

United States

#6996 Jan 6, 2014
Prophets carry a great sense of spiritual authority. They enjoy rooting out, pulling down, and destroying all spiritual opposition that gets in the way of the plans and purpose of God.

“See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.”(Jeremiah 1:10)

In this verse, nations are symbolic of the natural realm, and kingdoms symbolic of the spiritual realm. To “root out” means to lay hold of the root of a thing and pull. The prophet is called to root out. He is called to pull down. He is called to destroy. He is called to overthrow. Notice that all these words deal with destroying opposition. Prophets are God’s spiritual reformers and revolutionaries. To reform means to bring about change.

United States

#6997 Jan 6, 2014
Prophets make some people nervous and they will try to get rid of the prophet or close his mouth before he gets to do what he is best at, building and planting. God builds by His Spirit and there are many spiritual obstacles that must be dealt with before the building and planting begins. When we understand the prophet’s gift we can all be more effective when warring against the spiritual forces that oppose the establishing and advancement of the Kingdom of God.

BREAKING PLOWS

The Holy Spirit uses Christ’ five fold ascension prophets as spiritual plows to break the hardest of sin-blackened soils and cut the deepest furrows within the heart of man. The prophet is gifted to prepare the way toward spiritual breakthrough through his rotor-rooter challenge of any spiritual opposition that might get in the way. One reason some feel uncomfortable with prophetic operations is because of the results of the prophet’s prayers. What the prophet attacks through intercession in the Spirit will sometimes reveal itself in the natural. If he attacks rebellion, for example, then any common ground with rebellion in the people will manifest. But rather than stop the prophet’s rooting out intercession, we should continue to press in and let that prophetic grace finish its work. Once the spiritual warfare is finished the prophetic gift will open the heavens to us. Remember when Daniel was battling the principalities and powers? Because he didn’t give up and quit the angel was able to get through with the Word of the Lord for the nation.

Sometimes when the prophet speaks, people get stirred, troubled or offended. Offenses are the bait of Satan used to unplug you from important spiritual relationships. If you are being challenged, perhaps the Holy Spirit is trying to prepare you for your future. I have seen the prophetic gift in action used to prune out the dead wood that keeps us from growing. Pruning is good for us all because pruning is necessary to produce more fruit. Currently we are in a time when the Church is being challenged to awaken from its sleep. Roots of binding religious traditions are being pulled out because some have been sitting in religious comfort zones for too long.
prophets welcome

United States

#6998 Jan 6, 2014
As the “restoration of all things” continues on so will the restoration of true prophetic ministry. The Church is moving forward. From be healed, for example, to be taught. And from be blessed, to be changed. Everybody likes to be healed, taught, and blessed because it requires little of the hearer. But the restoration of the prophetic moves the Church into governmental authority that requires more of us. All believers are called to govern. They are a priesthood of kings given spiritual authority that enables them to be more than conquerors. In the days ahead prophets will be more involved in activating the spiritual authority of every believer to make a difference with their lives.

ON PERSONAL PROPHECY

Some people think that a prophet must give personal prophecies to qualify to walk in the office of a prophet. That’s partially true. He will give personal prophecies, but his revelation gifting goes far beyond personal prophecy. Personal prophecy is the lowest prophetic operation of the true prophet. I say that because some have hyper-focused on personal prophecy and miss the big picture of the prophet’s ministry. Prophets also:

1. Are forerunners who make a way for “greater things” to come (Matthew 3:3).
2. Deal with spiritual climates (Jeremiah 1:10).
3. Turn people from sin to holiness (Jeremiah 23:21-22).
4. Are front line intercessors (Jeremiah 27:18).
5. Turn the hearts of fathers and sons (Malachi 4:5-6).
6. Challenge dead traditions of men and dangerous spirits of religion (Matthew 3:9-10).
7. Are stewards of the mysteries of God (Ephesians 3:5).
8. Carry lamentations, mourning and woe (intercession burdens)(Ezekiel 2:10).
9. Are fore-tellers of things to come (Amos 3:7).
10. Contend with false prophets of divination including Jezebel and Baal (1 Kings 18:19).
11. Challenge demonic territorial guards (Acts 13:7).
12. Speak to the nations and kingdoms (Jeremiah 1:5).
gifts from GOD

United States

#6999 Jan 7, 2014
Prophetic ministry is a wonderful gift from God. Moses said,“Would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them”(Numbers 11:29). With them Jesus said,“I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail.”

Read more: http://www.jonasclark.com/prophetic-ministry/...
KAIROS kairos time

United States

#7000 Jan 7, 2014
You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times (kairos). Mt 16:3

You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favour to her; the appointed time has come. Ps 102:13

Not all moments of history are equal. Some are hinges on which a quantum increase of the kingdom swings. We are currently in one of these.

If we fail to discern accurately what God is doing in this moment much will be lost to this generation. It is imperative for us to understand the times, like the sons of Isaachar, that we might know what to do (1 Chr 12:32).
The New Testament has two Greek words for 'time'.
Chronos refers to the general flow of time, from which we derive our English words chronology and chronometer (the instrument by which we measure time - i.e. a clock or wristwatch).

Kairos, however, refers to an 'appointed time' for a specific purpose. As a momentary window it demands an accurate and forceful response for its purpose to be achieved. For example, it was the word used in the weaving process for the momentary opening of the fabric through which the shuttle travels. It was also used in archery for the narrow aperture in space and time through which an arrow shoots to hit its target.

A kairos, therefore, in God, is an opening in time through which God comes to achieve a particular purpose, demanding an immediate and forceful response. Jesus describes this when he explained that the kingdom of God must be taken forcefully (Mt 11:12). Responding to a kairos requires spiritual violence. First, it must be recognised; and secondly, it can only be entered through radical obedience.

The wisdom writer aptly declares that, "Without a vision (or prophetic revelation) the people live carelessly", or as Eugene Peterson puts it,

If people can't see what God is doing,
they stumble all over themselves;
But when they attend to what he reveals,
they are most blessed.

Pr 29:18
We have been stumbling "all over ourselves" for the next best thing in church growth and community impact; and, particularly in the prophetic and larger Charismatic streams, for increased spiritual phenomena, because we have not discerned accurately what God is doing.
With the knowledge that God does nothing except he reveals his counsel to his prophets first (Amos 3:7), I submit the following word for your discernment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,143
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min lovewithin 39,629
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 268,979
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 574,226
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 14 min NWmoon 221,745
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min PAUL HATE SPIRIT 952
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 46 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,635
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr trifecta1 608,229
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 16 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web