bless the jews
MOUNT OF HIS PRESENCE

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6872 Nov 26, 2013
God is calling us into the Mountain of His presence for the purpose of friendship. When Moses encountered the Lord in Exodus 33:11, it says that God spoke with him face to face, like a man speaks to his friend. It's possible to know God intimately like Moses did, and speak to Him face to face. The choice is ours; how will we respond to the call of God to come higher? Shall we sit idle and turn a deaf ear to the Lord? Or rather, like Moses, shall we rise up and trek higher into the Mountain of the Lord and step into new realms of Glory?

And the Lord said to Moses, Come up to Me into the mountain and be there, and I will give you tables of stone, with the law and the commandments which I have written that you may teach them.

So Moses rose up with Joshua his attendant; and Moses went up into the mountain of God. And he said to the elders, Tarry here for us until we come back to you; remember, Aaron and Hur are with you; whoever has a cause, let him go to them. Then Moses went up into the mountain, and the cloud covered the mountain.

The glory of the Lord rested on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days. On the seventh day God called to Moses out of the midst of the cloud. And the glory of the Lord appeared to the Israelites like devouring fire on the top of the mountain. Moses entered into the midst of the cloud and went up the mountain, and Moses was on the mountain forty days and nights (Exodus 24:12-18, AMP).

In this season, the friends of God will be given near unlimited access to the Mountain of His presence. Not all will find it, though; only those who hunger desperately for encounters with the living God. You see, only Moses and Joshua went up the Mountain into the cloud while all of Israel watched from below.

Notice it was on the seventh day the Lord called Moses out of the cloud and then higher to the summit. I'm sure the Israelites were awestruck as they witnessed the Glory of the Lord dance like fire on the top of the mountain and Moses walk into it!

For six days Moses was on the Mountain waiting on God; then, on the seventh day, God spoke to Moses from out of the cloud to come to the summit—to the highest realm of Glory. We are in the seventh day. We must respond to the invitation to be on the Mountain of the Lord to hear what He's speaking—then we will know how to live in the summit—the pinnacle of His presence.

Six days after this [on the seventh day], Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves. And He was transfigured before them and became resplendent with divine brightness. And His garments became glistening, intensely white, as no fuller (clothdresser, launderer) on earth could bleach them. And Elijah appeared [there] to them, accompanied by Moses, and they were holding [a protracted] conversation with Jesus (Mark 9:2-4, AMP, emphasis mine).

After six days, God called Moses higher. After six days, Jesus took Peter, James, and John, His closest friends, up the mountain and was transfigured before them. They saw Jesus in His glory and majesty even saw Moses and Elijah! Friends, we are in the seven thousandth year—the sixth day is gone and the seventh day is here!

The Lord is saying to the church in this hour, "Come up to the Mountain with me... and be there. I simply want for you to be with Me on the Mountain as friend.

You don't have to do anything or be anything for me... just be there with Me." It is here that the Lord will reveal all of His treasured secrets and cause us to ride upon the high places with Him. He has favor on those He chooses to have favor and He is looking for friends to pour out His favor on.
be grateful

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6874 Nov 28, 2013
greater heights unto greater things to come forth & birth forth for the glory of yeshua our King
praise

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6875 Nov 28, 2013
praise
YES

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6876 Nov 28, 2013
praise be the name of YESHUA
happy all

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6877 Nov 28, 2013
Congratulations on Thanksgiving

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hoping your Thanksgiving is filled with blessings and joy.

Sending you double blessings as you celebrate the Festival of Lights and Thanksgiving.

The gift of wonderful friends is the nicest blessing of all. You are in my heart and prayers all year, and, especially during this special season.

Some friendships become more beautiful over time. Thank you for the color you add to my life! Iwish you a heartfelt Thanksgiving.

November is the time to be thankful, a time to remember and to embrace those who enrich our lives. I'm thankful for a lot of things, but I'm most thankful for You!

To live a life of gratitude is to catch a glimpse of heaven. Many Blessings to you on this Thanksgiving Day.

You are a very special blessing to us. May love, joy and happiness be yours in abundance this holiday season.

We are thankful for the blessings this year
And count you among what is dear.
Sending love and warm wishes your way
For a beautiful and happy Thanksgiving Day!
thanks

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6878 Nov 28, 2013
Washington’s words clearly reflect a Christian theology and notion about God who exists as the provider of all things, unchanging, and ruling the nations:

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favour; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a DAY OF PUBLICK THANSGIVING and PRAYER, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

NOW THEREFORE, I do recommend and assign THURSDAY, the TWENTY-SIXTH DAY of NOVEMBER next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed;– for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish Constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;– for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge;– and, in general, for all the great and various favours which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also, that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; – to enable us all, whether in publick or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us); and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

GIVEN under my hand, at the city of New-York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine.

(signed) G. Washington
thanks

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6879 Nov 28, 2013
Over the years, and even as the nation became more and more secular, there was a popular outcry to continue the holiday. This was recognized by a number of presidents along the way, particularly by President Abraham Lincoln who, in 1863, established Thanksgiving as a national day of celebration and prayer to be celebrated on the last day in November. Once again, Lincoln reveals his Christian upbringing as he crafts a proclamation that echoes Christian themes:

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Psalm 100:3-5
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Lincoln’s famous proclamation reiterated the Christian themes first expressed by George Washington, now restated in the midst of the civil war:

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle, or the ship; the axe had enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom.
thanks

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6880 Nov 28, 2013
No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

Abraham Lincoln
thanks

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6881 Nov 28, 2013
They Knew Who to Thank
Regardless of how people may feel about the Thanksgiving Holiday, it’s got to be obvious to even the most casual observer of history that Thanksgiving is founded on the notion that we have something to be thankful FOR and someone to be thankful TO. And these first observers of Thanksgiving understood WHO it was they were to thank. Over and over again, through the early years of the colonies to the most difficult days of our national history, believers and leaders have affirmed and humbled themselves to the providence and protection of God. Those who initiated this national holiday intended it to be a day of thanksgiving and prayer; a day in which all of us could offer thanks to someone; and that someone was never intended to be anyone other than the God of the Universe.
10 quotes

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6882 Nov 28, 2013
Here are 10 Thanksgiving quotes to celebrate and ponder.

1. "The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." ~ H.U. Westermayer

2. "Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." ~ Edward Sandford Martin

3. "There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American." ~ O. Henry

4. "You say,'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled." ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

5. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

6. "We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction." ~ Harry A. Ironside

7. "It must be an odd feeling to be thankful to nobody in particular. Christians in public institutions often see this odd thing happening on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone in the institution seems to be thankful 'in general.' It's very strange. It's a little like being married in general." ~ Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.

8. "It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast." ~ W. J. Cameron

9. "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero

10. "Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men, but be careful that you do not take the day and leave out the gratitude." ~ E.P. Powell

This Thanksgiving Day, let's remember what we truly have to be thankful for. Let's take a good, hard look around us and realize that while we may not have everything we want, what we want is not always what we need. Let these ten Thanksgiving quotes remind you of the true meaning of this great American holiday as you celebrate with friends and family.
blessing favor to Israel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6883 Nov 28, 2013
"Thus says the Lord God:
' Surely I will take the children of Israel
from among the nations,
wherever they have gone,
and will gather them from every side
and bring them into their own Land."
(Ezekiel 37:21)('Nations' plural ... this is not their return from Babylon)

"And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel,
and say,‘O mountains of Israel,
hear the Word of the LORD ...’"
"But you, O mountains of Israel,
you shall shoot forth your branches
and yield your fruit to My people Israel,
for they are about to come ..."
"For I will take you (the children of Israel) from among the nations,
gather you out of all countries,
and bring you into your own Land."
(Ezekiel 36:1, 8, 24)

"Thus says the Lord GOD:
‘Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations,(plural ... not Babylon)
wherever they have gone,
and will gather them from every side
and bring them into their own Land;’"
(Ezekiel 37:21)
indeed blessed

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6884 Nov 28, 2013
Then, AFTER Israel has become a Nation once again, God warns ...
"Behold, I (God) will make Jerusalem
a cup of trembling (anger, fear)
unto ALL the people (nations) round about ..."
(Zechariah 12:2)
"And in that Day (the "Day of the Lord" ... the coming "Apocalypse")
I (God) will make Jerusalem
a burdensome stone
for ALL people"
(Zechariah12:3)
Don’t miss this ... God says HE is the One stirring things up in Israel and Jerusalem!!!
indeed blessed

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6885 Nov 28, 2013
***Jerusalem***
One of the world's most famous cities, Jerusalem dates from at least the third millennium BD... and it's been fought over ever since. In this focus of countless wars, Christ gave his disciples the mandate to "tell people about me everywhere: in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8 NLT).

***Jordan***
The river from which the nation of Jordan derives its name has been a hotly contested natural border ever since Joshua led the Israelites on the dry river bed, between its parted waters, into their Promised Land.

***Bethlehem***
Today it lies in the area known as the West Bank. The city where Jesus was born, it is mentioned more than 50 times in the Bible. Here a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel to announce, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests" (Luke 2:14). That peace is unknown in Bethlehem at the turn of the new millenium.
LASTING PEACE COME

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6886 Nov 28, 2013
Peace... My Peace

From nearly every viewpont the primary issue at the heart of the 10/40 Window is the pursuit of peace. While governments debate the issues and argue over the details, evangelical believers worldwide debate God's end-time prophetic agenda, especially as it relates to the place of Israel. Some believe that the signing of a peace pact will launch a series of end-times events that will lead to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

In the midst of the uncertainty, Messianic Jewish and Christian Arab leaders are quietly joining in prayer for the lasting inner peace that comes only through Jesus/Yeshua/Yasua. They pray for a spiritual unity among their people while maintianing their distinct Jewish and Arab identities.

That's a difficult and elusive goal. But it can become reality, for peace is the heart of the Master, the Prince of Peace. "Peace I leave with you," he said, "My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives" (John 14:27). Peace has already come into the world through Christ (Luke 1:79; 2:14; 29-32). By Jesus peace is bestowed (Mark 5:34; Luke 7:50; John 20:19, 21, 26). We, his followers, are to be messengers of that peace (Luke 10:5-6; Acts 10:36). Shortly before his return to the Father he told his disciples: "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you" (John 20:21).

Lasting peace -- the kind that can be found only in and through Jesus/Yeshua/Yasua -- is spreading throughout the land of his birth. Pray that God's peace will prevail, both in that ancient land and in the hearts of its people.
MIRACLE OF LIGHT

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6887 Nov 28, 2013
Hanukkah: The Miracle of Light

Hanukkah is the last feast in the Jewish calendar and tells a remarkable story of the deliverance of Israel from the control of the Syrians in 164 B.C. The Syrians had assumed rule of the area through a political and military struggle after Alexander the Great had died.
In their wake, they sought to assimilate the people into their Hellenistic culture (ancient Greek culture or ideals) and way of life with no exceptions, dealing ruthlessly with anyone who would oppose them. Had they been completely successful, they could have threatened the very environment that brought Messiah into the world.
Not only did they ransack the holy temple of God, desecrating all of its contents, but they actually sacrificed a pig to their Greek god Zeus on the temple altar, which naturally repulsed all of the Jews, owing to their strict dietary laws, where the pig was considered most unclean.
The Jews were outraged, and a priest named Mattathias and his five sons took up against several Syrian soldiers and killed them, which sparked a revolt. Being completely outnumbered, they utilized guerilla-style warfare tactics, first in the hill country and then throughout the land. They met with surprising success, and their faith in the God of Israel inspired the nation to take back their own country, despite the odds that were against them.
In the month of Kislev (December), they reached Jerusalem and took back the temple. In restoring the menorah, which symbolized the light of God, they only had enough oil to last for one day, as it took eight days to prepare new oil. However, the oil miraculously lasted for eight days. This event demonstrated two miracles of God: the first to deliver His people and the second to lighten His temple.
The temple was restored and rededicated to G-d, and a new holiday was established called Hanukkah (Hebrew for dedication) to remind Israel of these miracles. Hanukkah was not one of the original Jewish feasts mentioned in Leviticus 23, as it had not happened yet. However in light of its significance, its prophetic picture through Daniel, as well as God’s intervention, it became part of the Jewish calendar and has been celebrated ever since by Jews and some Christians all over the world.
MIRACLE OF LIGHT

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6888 Nov 28, 2013
In fact Yeshua/Jesus celebrated this holiday and forever connected its significance by reflecting His own messiahship through the feast (John 10:22-39). Isn’t it interesting that in every Jewish holiday, we can see the character of God’s love and light for mankind? And nowhere is this clearer than through the Hanukkah celebration that we see the light of the world.
Isn’t it fascinating that the very last miracle recorded in the Jewish calendar is a miracle of light to foreshadow and tell us of the great Light that was to come into the world?
On Hanukkah itself, Yeshua/Jesus, the great Light of the world, went into the temple area giving perhaps one of the only teachings where He actually refers to Himself as the Messiah and asks the Pharisees to review His credentials by acknowledging the miracles He had performed to provide authenticity as to who He said and claimed to be in the flesh. And if you look carefully, please note the very next miracle recorded that Yeshua performs (in John 11) is life from the dead by raising Lazarus and foretelling the world of His resurrection and life (John 11:25-26).
There is no greater miracle in this world than the gift of God’s one and only Son, and so there is also a beautiful connection that exists between Hanukkah and Christmas, as Hanukkah truly foretells of the great Light that was to come into the world. As believers in Yeshua, both Jew and Gentile alike, we have the liberty to celebrate these holidays that remind us of God’s faithfulness and deliverance of His people.
Hanukkah is observed using a menorah, which is a candlestick that holds nine candles, one for each day of the miracle and the ninth, called the Shamash, which actually means servant. On each day, the Shamash candle is lit and used to light the other candles, increasing one each day until the last day, when they are all lit. Gifts are given and special foods are eaten, usually those cooked in oil.
May His great light and His servant's heart lighten us and cause us to show His presence and His glory to the world.
Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
Grant Berry is a Jewish believer in Yeshua/Jesus and author of The New Covenant Prophecy and The Ezekiel Generation. He has founded Reconnecting Ministries with the specific focus to help the church reconnect spiritually to Israel and considers it vital to the kingdom of G-d in the last days. His message focuses on the unity, love and healing that the Father wants to bring between Jew and Gentile yet clearly points out the differences and misunderstandings between the two groups. Now is the time to look more carefully into this mystery to make way for healing and reconnection in the Spirit. For more information, please visit reconnectingministries.org .
PERFECTPEACE

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6889 Nov 28, 2013
Isaiah 26:3 KJV
King James Version
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
DEAR LORD GOD

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6890 Nov 28, 2013
“Dear Lord - - Today I come on bended knee to pray for Israel, the “apple of your eye.” As they live in constant fear of invasion and annihilation, I pray that you keep them safe and protected. Though I know that at some point in time the whole world will stand against Israel, as we are told in Zechariah 14:1-2 , today I stand in the breech for Israel, for I know You told Abraham in Gen. 12:3 that you will “bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.” Lord, give the leaders of Israel the wisdom and knowledge to rule their nation and Your people in a way that will bring both Glory and Honor to Your name. This I ask in the name of Your Precious Son Jesus, Amen.”
wep

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6891 Nov 28, 2013
We should weep over our sin.

Understanding some of these things that grieve our Lord should cause us also to weep and be grieved over several things. For example, we should weep over our sin and exhibit contrition for offending a holy and just God. Paul exhibited this type of godly sorrow when he wrote the following:

I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?(Romans 7:21–24)

When we do grieve over our sin in humility, the Lord will not reject us, as the psalmist wrote:“For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart—these, O God, You will not despise”(Psalm 51:16–17). And again, we read in Isaiah 66:2 that God has said,“But on this one will I look: on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.”

We should weep over the sin of fleshly living.
As Christians, we are to guard against our own tendency to sow to our own flesh instead of to the Spirit (Galatians 6:7–9), and we should be quick to heed the admonition in James 4:8–10 to mourn over sin:

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

In addition, we are to weep in warning others about false teachers and hedonistic imposters who claim to be Christians, when in reality they are enemies of Jesus Christ. Once again, the Apostle Paul demonstrated this response in a way we should strive to emulate:

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.(Philippians 3:18–20)
wep

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6892 Nov 28, 2013
We should weep over the sin of complacency and syncretism.

God does not want us to live a life of syncretism—merging the worship of God with fleshly practices and spiritual idolatry. God wants us to worship Him in spirit and in truth, and to live a life of holiness (2 Corinthians 6:16–18).

We are to set aside the weight and the sin which so easily beset us (Hebrews 12:1), and we are to cleanse and purge ourselves daily by repenting of our sin (2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 John 1:9).

We must constantly guard against complacency. After all, God threatened to “vomit out” lukewarm Christians in the church of Laodicea (Revelation 3:15–16). And in keeping with this, there are times when we must endure and exhibit godly sorrow, in order to produce repentance:

For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.(2 Corinthians 7:10–11)

May we have a heart like His!

When we read John 11:35, the shortest verse in the English Bible, we are often struck with the humanity of Jesus. Perhaps we can now also view this verse in a different light and consider the deity of Jesus. Jesus, as God incarnate, was weeping at the hardness of people’s hearts and the sin around him. Jesus was weeping that mankind was still under the curse of death and that the last enemy of mankind was not yet defeated.

But Jesus was not powerless; He had the power to overcome death, and through His death, burial, and Resurrection He has likewise made believers more than conquerors over sin and death (Romans 6:9–1; 8:37). We look forward to that blessed hope (Titus 2:13) that when Christ comes, we shall be made alive with Him (1 Corinthians 15:22). Through faith in Christ, we can look forward to an eternity one day where He will wipe away all tears and there will be no more sorrow (Revelation 21:4).

But while we are still here on this earth, struggling with death and sorrow, we must lay aside every weight, and the sin that does so easily beset us,(Hebrews 12:1). Let us follow our Lord’s example and rightly weep over the things that make Him weep. May we resolve to have a contrite spirit in regard to our own sin (Psalm 51:17; Isaiah 66:2), and may we have a burden for those who are lost. May we have a heart like His!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 min DebraE 24
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Nohweh 49,115
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 9 min taylorr 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 971,759
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min New Age Spiritual... 646,757
A Dysfunctional Family can't lead America 28 min HiddnNumbrz 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min New Age Spiritual... 445,731
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web