YHWH

Manassas, VA

#6601 Nov 6, 2013
In light of the above, many people don't realize that Yeshua wore a tallit. But whenever a Jewish person's "outer garment" is mentioned in the Bible, that is exactly what is referred to.(Many English Bibles designate it as a mantle.)

We can see examples in the Bible where tallits were worn by the prophets Samuel, Elijah, and Elisha. King Saul tore Samuel's kah-naf m'il-lo - the corner of his cloak (I Samuel 15:27). Saul recognized Samuel because of his tallit (I Samuel 28:14).

Remember the lady with the issue of bleeding in Matthew 9?
Traditional interpretation of her actions has been that of a desperate woman who wanted healing so badly that she defied the laws of impurity to touch the hem of Yeshua's garment.

The actual Aramaic word was not “hem” but “edge” which referred to the “borders” or kanaf of “garments”(beged), which is where “fringes” or “tassels”(tzit tzit) are placed (Numbers 15:38, 39). Y'shua, like all other Torah observant Jews, wore a tallit with tzit tzit as a reminder to do the Commandments of YHWH, and not seek after what is right in one's own eyes. The Hebrew kanaf is also found in Malachi 4:2 “...with healing in his kanaf (wings)...” Wings refer to the tallit; they are not actual "wings." See also Zechariah 8:23.

The tzit-tzit (knotted fringes) of the tallit (prayer shawl) are also connected to the 613 commandments. Torah commentator Rashi declared that the number of knots on a tzit-tzit (in its Mishnaic spelling) has the value of 600. When doubled over, each tassel has eight threads and five sets of knots, which totals 13 - for a grand total of 613. This concept reminds tallit wearers of all Torah commandments.

The above way of tying the knots is done by the Ashkenazi Jews, whereas the Sephardic Jews tie the knots in a way that causes them to spell out the Name of YHWH. Each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a numerical value; consequently, the knots of the tzit-tzit on the four corners of a tallit spell out the name of YHWH/Yahweh. When Yeshua returns as "King of Kings, and Lord of Lords" (Rev. 19:11-13,16), the tzit-tzits of His tallit will fall - where else, but across his thighs when He returns to earth atop a white horse....

And now you know the real story!
truth

Perth, Australia

#6602 Nov 6, 2013
y and w not exist on my language
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
How you call out lovely God name?
there is more to YHWH

Manassas, VA

#6603 Nov 6, 2013
If people keep rejecting the Torah, but accept Y'shua will they still gain access to the world to come? Many Christians believe they will inherit the Kingdom, but will they really? If you have a stance on this, please guide me to the scriptures that support your belief.

Only YHWH knows who will and won't enter heaven. Christians like to believe that all that is required is to "believe in Jesus"; and traditional Jews feel the key is "prayer and supplication." Who's right?

At first glance it would seem that anyone who believes in Y'shua is "saved":
John 14: 6 Yeshua answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Plus, YHWH Himself said:
Isaiah 1: 11 "What need have I of all your sacrifices?" Says the Lord. "I am sated with burnt offerings of rams, And suet of Fatlings, and blood of bulls; and I have no delight in lambs and he-goats.12 That you come to appear before Me - who asked that of you? Trample My courts 13 no more; bringing oblations is futile, incense is offensive to Me. New moon and Sabbath, proclaiming of solemnities, assemblies with iniquity, I cannot abide. 14 Your new moons and fixed seasons fill Me with loathing; They are become a burden to Me. I cannot endure them.( New Jewish Publication Society)
However: Those who have accepted Y'shua, in reality, should wake up and realize there's more to YHWH and heaven than just "believing in Jesus." Unfortunately, "the church" is totally blind to that fact, and we at The Refiner's Fire honestly believe this will end up in "the church" being viewed as "lukewarm" upon Y'shua's return. As you know, He said He would spit the "lukewarm" out of His mouth:
Revelation 3: 16 'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.
1 John 2: 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
How did He walk? By Torah! Y'shua didn't make up new rules. He kept Torah and expected US to follow suit. You can only know the Him through the law and the testimony! Revelation reveals this:
Revelation 12: 17 "The dragon was infuriated over the woman and went off to fight the rest of her children, those who obey God's commands and bear witness to Yeshua."
Revelation 14: 12 "This is when perseverance is needed on the part of God's people, those who observe his commands and exercise Yeshua's faithfulness."
there is more to YHWH

Manassas, VA

#6604 Nov 6, 2013
Please note, the above Scriptures don't mention the "Ten Commandments". They simply refer to "the Commands" or "the Commandments", depending on which Bible version you use....God warns us in Proverbs 4:2 - "I give you good instruction: Do not forsake my Torah."
Here's more...
"And by this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim and follow his commandments. For this is the love of Elohim, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome. Because, whoever is born of Elohim overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith" (1 John 5:2-4).
"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept the commandments of my Father, and I abide in His love." (John 15:10).
"And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments" (Sh'mot/Exodus 20:6); and, "Therefore you shall love YHWH your Elohim and keep His charge and His Statutes and His Judgments and His Commandments, always." (D'varim/Deut. 11:1).
"But take diligent heed to do the Commandment and the Torah, which Moshe the servant of YHWH charged you, to love YHWH your Elohim, and to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments, and to cleave unto Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Joshua 22:5). He declared "...as for me and my house, we will serve YHWH." (Joshua 25:15).
And Paul said:
"Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we ESTABLISH the Law" (Romans 3:31).
The thing is, Scripture is clear that YHWH hates paganism. He is holy and commands us to be holy and set apart. How are we "set apart" if we refuse to keep the commanded Seventh Day Sabbath - which is a SIGN between YHWH and His people!- and make up our own "holy days" (Christmas, Easter) both of which are steeped in paganism?
Ezekiel 20: 11 I gave them my laws and showed them my rulings; if a person obeys them, he will have life through them. 12 I gave them my shabbats as a sign between me and them, so that they would know that I, ADONAI, am the one who makes them holy.
So, the question remains: How likely is it that people who consider Torah a CURSE and refuse to obey God will end up in heaven?
church looks like what

Manassas, VA

#6605 Nov 6, 2013
What does the Church look like?

The Church looks like a group of Christians gathering in a conference room or meeting hall to encourage each other by singing, sharing their lives, and praising YHWH. It looks like a group of Christian men or women gathered around a table, sharing a meal and encouraging each other in their lives in Jesus. It looks like a Christian praying with another person or grieving with another person out of Jesus' love. It looks like a small group of Christians meeting in someone's home, perhaps breaking bread together, singing, studying the Bible, praying for one another, and seeking word from YHWH.

The Church looks like Christians doing Jesus' stuff— proclaiming the good news, healing the sick, casting out demons, and even raising the dead. When we see someone freely helping another without any expectation of reward or even appreciation, someone who has put Jesus on the throne of his or her life, we see the Church. When a Christian suffers slander or abuse without lashing out or fighting back, we see the Church. When a Christian blesses instead of cursing, we see the Church. When we see someone opening his or her Bible to share the good news of Jesus Christ with another person, we see the Church.

The Church looks like a couple of Christians eating together to share what's been happening in their lives. It looks like a couple of Christians sitting on the hillside at dusk silently enjoying the changing hues of sunset. It looks like a Christian helping a neighbor make repairs on the neighbor's house. It looks like a Christian mowing an elderly neighbor's lawn or checking on a sick or elderly neighbor.

The Church looks like a Christian couple taking food to a sick neighbor or a family in the neighborhood that has suffered a death in the family. It looks like a Christian couple teaching their children about Jesus or how to pray. It looks like a Christian couple demonstrating to their children how to bear hardship or disappointment. It looks like a Christian couple strengthening their marriage by learning better communication skills. It looks like Christian parents helping their children acquire those skills.

The Church looks like a Christian sitting with someone else's children so the other person can get out on their own for a few hours. It looks like a Christian inviting a neighbor in for coffee or tea. We see the Church when we see Christians taking in people who have lost their homes, when we see Christians feeding those who would otherwise go hungry, when we see Christians employing those who have lost their jobs or need work.

The Church thrives on the "one-anothers" in the Bible. It thrives especially on agape love, the unselfish, unself-centered, unconditional caring for and about others that Jesus demonstrated. It thrives on love for and consecrated devotion to YHWH.
church looks like what

Manassas, VA

#6606 Nov 6, 2013
Paul is my example, a living sermon, for what true full-time ministry is: He traveled in obedience to the will of YHWH, following the direction of the Holy Spirit, starting and encouraging congregations, all while supporting himself. He even supported those who traveled with him. Although entitled to be paid by those who learned from him, as teachers were in the Greek-speaking world, he would not accept payment for doing the work Jesus gave him. He explained his refusal by telling his pupils that he did not want anything to interfere with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which he was teaching them. Taking money would have done just that, as it does today. I've discussed this in more detail in my lesson on Full-Time Ministry.

We must also shed all manifestations of ritual and empty tradition. While the State requires a license to marry couples, the Church does not need that. Marriage between those in the body of Jesus Christ requires no ceremony, only a commitment to join as one flesh, to live in harmony with one another, to love and respect each other, and the consummation of the marriage bed. If there is one baptism, as Paul teaches, is it baptism in water or baptism by the Holy Spirit into Jesus? How can anyone doubt that it is the latter? While Jesus' disciples apparently conducted water baptisms, John tells us that Jesus did not. Nor did he command it. Even his last supper was not meant to establish a so-called sacrament. It was to reinforce his teaching that, wherever we are, wherever we go, we are to share his word, his life, all that he is. By our word and deed, we are to baptize people into the very person of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit— telling everyone about Jesus, what he says, what he does.

Finally, We must quit playing "church" and be Church. To restore the Church, we must strive to live in Jesus all the time, not merely when it is convenient, not merely on Sunday mornings, but every day, all day long. We must avoid worldly and carnal behavior. We must seek to serve Jesus in all our relationships and endeavors. We must accept the call to become the people YHWH created us to be. We must accept Jesus' authority in our lives and his right to command us. Above all, we must allow Jesus' love and his word to work in, with and through us to lift him up, so that he can heal our broken and corrupted world and draw all people to himself.
true ministry

Manassas, VA

#6607 Nov 6, 2013
True ministry is not paid

Contrary to popular belief, Jesus has only one full-time ministry: It consists simply of serving YHWH wherever we are, in whatever situation we find ourselves, all the time, whether we respond appropriately or not. His ministry has only one call and one ordination, just as there is only one true, living God, although that ministry has many functions and forms of service. Those forms and functions are distributed among the members of Jesus' body according to the gifts manifested through each member and the situations confronting each member daily.

Also contrary to the belief that has developed over the centuries, full-time ministers of Jesus Christ do not accept payment for doing what Jesus commanded. In Matt. 6:24, Jesus instructs us,“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." In Matt 10:8, Jesus further instructs,“Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give." Jesus' standard was not new. Elisha demonstrated it when he refused to take Naaman's gift in 2 Ki. 5:15-16.

Paul demonstrated this standard while serving Jesus. In Acts 20:32-35, during his parting sermon to the elders of Ephesus, he said,

“And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or clothes. You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my own needs and to the men who were with me. In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said,‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
true ministry

Manassas, VA

#6608 Nov 6, 2013
*YHWH or YHVH is the English representation of the four Hebrew letters that spell the name of the God of the Bible who revealed himself in and through his son Jesus Christ and acts, among other ways, in and through Christians by the Holy Spirit. Read The Name of the One True, Living God for a fuller discussion.
name of 1 true living God

Manassas, VA

#6609 Nov 6, 2013
The Name of the One True, Living God

For quite some time, a belief has circulated widely that people who believe in one god must believe in the same god, and therefore, all belief systems that promote such a belief share equal validity, and someone can choose among them based on that person's own preferences. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What is the truth?

According to the Bible, people of Moab worshipped a god named Chemosh, people of Ammon worshipped a god named Molech and the Sidonians worshipped a goddess named Astoreth (1 Kings 11:5-6). It tells us that people in a city named Ekron worshipped a god named Baal-zebub (2 Kings 1:2) and that Philistines of Samson's and Samuel's time worshipped a god named Dagon (Judges 16:23 and 1 Sam 5:2). The references do not suggest that those people worshipped other gods. Many in Israel even worshipped the Canaanite god Baal (1 Kings 18:21). And we know from history that the Egyptian pharoah Akhenaten instituted worship of one god, which he called Aten (the sun or sun disk).
One can find other examples, some arising since Jesus' birth. But that does not mean all of those gods were the same god, and it certainly does not mean that worshipping and serving a single god, no matter how sincere a person's belief, makes the beliefs of all who do it equally valid.
The Bible tells us unequivocally that, despite various peoples' worship of many different gods, there is only one true, living God-- the God worshipped by Jews and Christians (e.g., Jer. 10:10, John 17:3, 1 Thess. 1:9). Although he often works through his people, he is the only God capable of acting without human involvement, the only God capable of proving his existence. Unlike the gods whose names are invoked to justify violence and terrorism, when he wishes to enforce his will, he does not need people to do it for him. That is what it means to say he is the only true, living God.
The name by which he identified himself to Moses in Ex. 3:14 consists of four Hebrew letters, which we represent in English as YHWH or YHVH, all consonants because the ancient Hebrew alphabet did not use vowels. In this and other writings, I have chosen to use YHWH rather than YHVH, because it appears to have wider acceptance in more recent literature.
In the verses following Ex. 3:14, YHWH tells us that his name means "I am the one who is" or "I am who I am", depending on the translation. His name, either as YHWH or as the short form YH ("Yah" or "Yahu", I am), appears in thousands of verses throughout the Old Testament. It appears as part of numerous Old Testament names, such as Eli-yah, Isa-yah and Jerem-yah.

According to references that I've read, the exact pronunciation of YHWH's name was lost in antiquity, hundreds of years before Jesus' birth. Since the ancient Hebrew texts did not use vowels, the four consonants were recorded without vowels. Later transcriptions of the Hebrew text added vowel symbols but use slightly different vowel symbols, leading to different pronunciations of the name. The generally accepted pronunciation uses two syllables-- "Yah-weh" or "Yah-veh" (with the "h" aspirated as in "hay"). In common English, it is typically pronounced "Yah-weh" or "Yah-way" (with a hard "h" at the end of "Yah"). For those who prefer, the "w" can be replaced with "v".
In the King James Version, the name is translated "Jehovah". This arises from three vowel symbols appearing in many of the records, resulting in a three syllable pronunciation. Others who prefer three syllables would translate the name as "Yahowah" (which feels most natural to me), "Yahovah" or "Yah-hoveh". Given the history of its usage and changes in pronunciation of the Hebrew letters, we should not make an issue of the correct pronunciation or the exact way to spell it in English. We really don't know, and YHWH has not seen fit to preserve the exact pronunciation in the records we have.

Manassas, VA

#6610 Nov 6, 2013
'Names' that are not YHWH's name

In ancient times, perhaps out of fear that they might violate the commandment not to take YHWH's name in vain (Exo 20:7 and Deut 5:11), people began referring to YHWH as Adonai ("lord" or "my lord"), and that practice carried forward into Christian times. As a result, many English translations use "the Lord" or "the LORD" as a substitute for YHWH's personal name.

That practice probably also helps explain why the name YHWH does not appear as such in the New Testament. Instead, the New Testament identifies him as "the Lord" (Greek Kurion and Kurios) and "the God" or "this God" (Greek ho theos).

Those words are not names, but they clearly recognize that even though people serve many gods, only one matters, the God of the Jews, YHWH. The King James Version and every other English translation with which I am familiar have omitted a translation of ho, and as a result, English-speaking people have simply called him "God" for many centuries, treating that as his proper or personal name.

However, "God" is not YHWH's name. Nor is "Adonai" or "the LORD". In fact, other references in the Hebrew scriptures, which Christians call the Old Testament are not his names. Such references include el shaddai ('god almighty', Gen. 17:1), el elyon ('god most high', Gen. 14:22), el roi or el rohe ('god who sees' Gen. 17:13), el olam or olam el ('god everlasting', Gen 21:33), and elohiym (normally 'gods' or 'mighty ones' but 'god' when used with a singular verb Gen. 1:1).

Those are descriptive titles, helping to identify him, his majesty, omnipotence, transcendence, and eternal nature, just as tsedeq (righteousness) and qadash (sanctify, purify, clean) help to describe him in Jer. 23:6 and Exo. 31:13. YHWH revealed himself to the children of Israel in these ways to help them relate to him, not to change his name.

Manassas, VA

#6611 Nov 6, 2013
Why use the name?
What difference does this make? Is it really important what we call the one true, living God? Until fairly recently, it probably made no particular difference, at least among English-speaking people. When such people spoke of "God", they meant only YHWH as he is revealed in the Bible.

More recently, however, people have begun to use "God" to refer to all kinds of gods, all kinds of human inventions, even as a translation for the names of other gods, including Allah. I believe most, if not all, expect others to think of the one true, living God of the Bible.

Movies, television, radio and news stories have led in perpetrating this blasphemy. Some have done it out of ignorance, and others have done it with evil intent. But regardless of their intent, none of these uses refer to the one true, living God. Nor do they portray him accurately. They merely deceive the ignorant who only know YHWH as "God".

For this reason, I have begun to use the name YHWH gave himself. In addition, the short form of YHWH's name appears as part of the name given by YHWH himself to the Messiah (Messias or Christos in the Greek)-- Jesus, which appears as Iesous, Iesoun or Iesou in the Greek manuscripts of the New Testament and translates the Hebrew name Yah-shua or Yah-hoshea ("Yah saves" or, better, "I am salvation"), also translated into the Aramaic as Yeshua. I've explained more about Jesus' name and the reason for using it in Why Call Him Jesus?

As he revealed himself in the Old Testament, YHWH revealed himself through his son Jesus Christ, and he still acts and reveals himself, among other ways, in and through Christians by the work of his Holy Spirit. But his name remains the same.

As you listen to radio and television or watch movies and as you talk with other people, you might try analyzing who or what the speaker refers to when using the word "God" or even "Lord", whether YHWH, the God of the Bible, or some other god.

If you are not sure and the word is used in a conversation, you might ask who or what the speaker has in mind. You might even want to read what is said in the literature about that god. If your experience is like mine has been, you will understand why I consider use of YHWH's personal name important.

Conclusion

I have not always used YHWH's name in my writings, but since 2004, I've been using it more and more. I hope that others will do the same. I now use his name more often in conversations, along with the name of Jesus, the name that is above all names, the name at which all knees will bow (Phlp. 2:9-10). Can there be any better way to talk about the only God capable of healing, redeeming, saving, guiding, and loving each of us?

Offered to the body of Jesus Christ, 2005-2013
by David W. Eckman at lordslaw.com
fed prophets

Manassas, VA

#6612 Nov 8, 2013
Elijah commanded that the Heavens would shut up and yield no rain. He had prophetic power to make the Heavens barren, to close the womb of the Heavens for 3 years.

Now when he commanded the Heavens to yield no rain, the Lord told him to go east. East is the direction of prophets.

East is the place of revelation. The sun rises in the East. This represents the dawning of a new day, an allotment of light and revelation. So Elijah goes to the east. As prophetic people, we must dwell in the East. This is where Adam lived.

The scripture says that God planted a Garden eastward in Eden, and it is there that he placed the man (Gen 2:7-8). Now when Elijah goes to the east, he hides by the brook and God commands the raven to feed him. Now ravens are birds. They are fowls of the air, they are symbols of high level revelation. The ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning and the evening.

The morning are new days, the beginning of new eras and the nights are times of rest and ending. This is transition. Prophets must be fed during times of transition. When the old testament was transitioning into the new, John was eating locust and wild honey.

Prophets must eat, and there diet must be prepared to give them strength. Daniel couldn’t eat what everyone else was eating, he had a specific diet. Now 1 Kings 17:6 says that he drank from the brook. A brook is a small fresh water stream of water with a distinct current. There are currents in the Earth (called trends) and currents in the Heavens (tunnels of revelation that when accessed are used to move us quickly into areas of knowledge and action.. but thats a different subject). Now Elijah literally, with a combination of no rain and a dry climate, drinks this brook dry. This is the appetite of the prophet.

Prophets have a king’s appetite for revelation. The only way that prophets can be powerful is if there is a consistent stream of revelation released in the House. We must as apostles make sure that we are nurturing the prophetic dimension in our people. This is not just for prophets. Remember that every ministry has a particular diet. And as you release that meat it nurtures that particular grace in the life of your congregation. Prophets many times find themselves in Houses that can not adequately feed them because of a traditional paradigm on anointings and giftings. This must change. So how do you feed prophets?

Activate the engine of intercessory prayer. This must not be an option for the prophets in your house. Prophets should lead intercession and mentor the watchmen of the House. They should create a shield of prayer that is void of gossip and witchcraft. Prophets should not seek to steer a church by what is revealed during prayer. They are the executive cabinet of the House, and should be used to brief the set man on what is happening in the region.
daniel diet challenge

Manassas, VA

#6613 Nov 8, 2013
The Daniel Diet

Daniel Diet Challenge

Daniel, Shadrack, Meshack, Abed-nigo and Babylon Study

But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king's choice food or with the wine which he drank; so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that he might not defile himself.

Now God granted Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the commander of the officials, and the commander of the officials said to Daniel, "I am afraid of my lord the king, who has appointed your food and your drink; for why should he see your faces looking more haggard than the youths who are your own age? Then you would make me forfeit my head to the king."

But Daniel said to the overseer whom the commander of the officials had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, "Please test your servants for ten days, and let us be given some vegetables to eat and water to drink.(emphasis provided)

"Then let our appearance be observed in your presence and the appearance of the youths who are eating the king's choice food; and deal with your servants according to what you see."

So he listened to them in this matter and tested them for ten days. Daniel 1:8-14

These verses indicate the simple diet chosen by Daniel was vegetables and water. Nearly all Bible translations interpret this diet using either the words vegetables, pulse or even grain. The King James version chose the word pulse. The actual word translated here is zeroa'(zeraim)(Strong's H2235 and H2232) which refers to seeds. Zera is the very same word used in the creation account and Genesis 1:29. The word pulse is used in some translations because pulse is actual edible seeds like legumes and those seeds from pods.

The Daniel Diet was not a different diet than the Bible diet passed from generation to generation since Adam. Daniel simply requested the diet he knew to be right. However, during this 10-day test and subsequent training, Daniel and his three friends restricted themselves to the the first two classes of our four Bible food groups.

Daniel did not have extra-biblical instructions to restrict his diet to, say, lentils and water. Without doubt, Daniel and his companions availed themselves of the most vibrant, colorful fruits and vegetables grown in the fertile Mesopotamian soil. For review, here is the verse from Genesis which Daniel relied upon when choosing his food:
Jesus reveals God's number of ultimate patience
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. Genesis 1:29

1. every tree whose yield bears seed
Examples: apples, avocados, grapefruit, pecans, papaya, cherries, olives, walnuts
2. every plant whose yield bears seed
Examples: tomatoes, beans, lentils, wheat, berries, squash, corn, rye
daniel diet challenge

Manassas, VA

#6614 Nov 8, 2013
Daniel could have chosen to eat clean animal meat and drinks other than water. These were not forbidden in the Levitical dietary laws. However, the king's meat did not meet the standards for health. The food was offered to idols. This did not make the meat unclean in itself, but offering the meat to idols made it common. The children of Israel were also forbidden to eat common foods because they were called apart for a high purpose and so are we. See Deuteronomy 14:21.

In the Bible, wine may refer to either fermented drink or pure juice. The wines of the king were likely fermented and also poured out tributary to the the gods of Babylon. The food and wine themselves became desirous idols for gluttony. Daniel was captive in a foreign land because his people had fallen into similar practices. He had no taste to be associated with idolatry in any form.

The king's food was sensual and detrimental, but fruits and vegetables with seed are cleansing. There is little doubt that a 10 day test would have revealed this. From what we know of Daniel, he faced tests and challenges with prayer. Daniel dined at the real King's table. He was not ashamed to petition God. Actually, he would rather face a den of hungry lions than to forfeit his right ask of God. If we do not ask, we do not directly receive. Daniel understood this.
Daniel, Shadrack, Meshack, Abed-nigo and Babylon Study

At the end of ten days their appearance seemed better and they were fatter than all the youths who had been eating the king's choice food.

So the overseer continued to withhold their choice food and the wine they were to drink, and kept giving them vegetables.

As for these four youths, God gave them knowledge and intelligence in every branch of literature and wisdom; Daniel even understood all kinds of visions and dreams.

Then at the end of the days which the king had specified for presenting them, the commander of the officials presented them before Nebuchadnezzar.

The king talked with them, and out of them all not one was found like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king's personal service.

As for every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king consulted them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and conjurers who were in all his realm.

And Daniel continued until the first year of Cyrus the king. Daniel 1:15-21
clean creatures

Manassas, VA

#6615 Nov 8, 2013
Four Faces of a Clean Creature:

1. Lion (kingly protector)
color: purple (royalty)

2. Man (God's image and likeness)
color: white linen (character)

3. Ox (servant - temporal provider)
color: scarlet red (sacrifice)

4. Eagle (Ministering Spirit of truth)
color: blue (God's word)

Feet of a Clean Creature:
cloven hoof (sure footing on high places)

Food of a Clean Creature:
ruminating on God's flesh (word)
Q n A

Manassas, VA

#6616 Nov 8, 2013
Q. How many persons are there in the Godhead?

A. There are three persons in the Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one God, the same in essence, equal in power and glory (1 Jn. 5:7; Matt. 28:19).

Q. What are God's works of providence?

A. God's works of providence are his most holy (Ps. 145:17), wise,(Isa. 28:29) and powerful (Heb. 1:3), preserving and governing all his creatures, and all their actions (Ps. 103:19; Matt. 10:29).
healthy yours

Manassas, VA

#6617 Nov 8, 2013
Your Health

The  apostle Paul wrote that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19), and it follows that we should care for our bodies as gifts from God.
animals use

Manassas, VA

#6618 Nov 8, 2013
Did God put animals here for our use?

Adam’s “dominion” over animals (Gen. 1:26, 28), we believe, conveys sacred stewardship, since God immediately afterward prescribed a vegetarian diet (1:29–30) in a world God found “very good”(1:31). Created in God’s image of love (1 John 4:8), we are called to be care-takers of God’s Creation, not tyrants over God’s creatures.

Genesis 1:21–22 relates that, before God created humanity, God regarded the animals “good” and blessed them. Further evidence that we should consider animals as inherently valuable comes from Genesis 2:18–19, which indicates that God made animals as Adam’s helpers and companions:“Then the Lord God said,‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.’ So out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them…”(RSV). Adam named the animals, which we believe shows concern and friendship. We don’t name the animals we eat.

God endowed pigs, cattle, sheep, and all farmed animals with their own desires and needs, which is apparent when these animals are given an opportunity to enjoy life. For example, pigs are as curious, social, and intelligent as cats or dogs. Pigs can even play some video games better than monkeys. Similarly, chickens enjoy one another’s company and like to play, dust bathe, and forage for food. Jesus compared his love for us to a hen’s love for her chicks (Luke 13:34).
animals use

Manassas, VA

#6619 Nov 9, 2013
D’Adamo believes that people who are type O and type B must eat meat daily to be healthy. When confronted with the fact that vegetarian diets have been consistently shown to produce lower rates of cancer, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, gallstones, kidney disease, obesity, and colon disease, and to enable people to live longer and more healthfully, he explains that type As do well on vegetarian diets. It is, however, mathematically impossible that the health advantages for vegetarians could be accounted for only by type As benefiting from the absence of meat. According to the Red Cross blood bank, the population of the United States is approximately 39 percent type A, 46 percent type O, 11 percent type B, and 4 percent type AB.74 There is no possible way that the consistent superiority of vegetarian diets that has been demonstrated repeatedly by world medical research could be due to vegetarian diets having health advantages only for type As, who are, after all, a minority of the population.

Similarly, D’Adamo’s explanation for the success of Dr Dean Ornish’s program of reversing heart disease, which includes putting people on a near-vegan diet with no meat, is that it has only worked for type As. It does not, he says, help type Os, type Bs, or type ABs.75
truth

Australia

#6620 Nov 9, 2013
A TAKO
VI STE SA PIRAMIDE ROMA.NIJE
NO
NO I AM NOT YEW OR ROMA
NO Y..NO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min number four 227,729
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Winter is Coming 739,999
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 542,996
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min well 95,528
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Freebird USA 173,785
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Dr_Zorderz 259,641
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 13
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Joana 155

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••