bless the jews
The Anointing of Jealousy

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6381 Oct 12, 2013
In the Order of Melchizedek

The concept of the Melchizedek priesthood is simply God as the Living Word fully occupying His people, the Body of Christ (John 1). Revelation 5:9 identifies a company of people who sing a "new song." In it they declare that the Lord is the only One worthy to take the sealed book and open it for His people.

Those described in Revelation 5:9 are an overcoming bridal company positionally placed to function as both Kings and Priests. As I began to ask the Lord about the qualities these will possess one of the key attributes that has been highlighted to me is being jealous for Him.

A Loyal Priesthood like Phinehas

As A. W. Tozer once wrote, "within the fold of Christianity there are to be found increasing numbers of persons whose religious lives are marked by a growing hunger after God Himself. They are eager for spiritual realities and will not be put off with words, nor will they be content with correct 'interpretations' of truth. They are athirst for God, and they will not be satisfied till they have drunk deep at the Fountain of Living Water."

There is emerging today those that Tozer prophesied about who are desperate for God with a holy jealousy. This reality is typified in the Old Testament figure of Phinehas. This loyal priest received a divinely issued covenant of peacebecause of his jealousy towards the Lord and his commitment to the Word.

Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned away My wrath from the sons of Israel in that he was jealous with My jealousy among them, so that I did not destroy the sons of Israel in My jealousy.

"Therefore say,'Behold, I give him My covenant of peace; and it shall be for him and his descendants after him, a covenant of a perpetual priesthood, because he was jealous for his God and made atonement for the sons of Israel.'" Numbers 25:10-13

The Bible teaches that God's dealings with Israel are given as an example. The lives of the patriarchs and faithful men and women of old are adopted for our instruction in the ways of God and the different aspects of His Person and anointing. We see this truth especially exemplified in the life of Elijah and the anointing resident in his life that will also characterize a company of people in this generation.

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6382 Oct 12, 2013
Likewise, many will begin to emerge in this hour with the "anointing of Phinehas" and enjoy personal covenants with the Lord. These will be priests providing to God's people inspired revelation of the Word by calling upon Him that He might show us great and mighty things which we know not.

They will bear a heavenly "jealousy" and integrity by rightly dividing the Word of Truth without mixture or compromise. This anointing will produce in many a healthy ardor and "Zeal of God" for the Spirit of Truth; Furthermore, they will not shun to declare the whole counsel of God nor tremble at the fear of man (Acts 20:27).

Mouth of Brass
The name Phinehas means "mouth of brass." This is a depiction of those who will begin to "judge and discern the thoughts and intents of the heart" and help others identify the entanglements that so easily distract them (Hebrews 4:12). When the Living Word is present, all things are open and laid bare before the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Nothing is hidden. This is not something to fear but embrace to facilitate maturity and purity of soul to access Heaven.

The Bible depicts the revelation gifts unveiling the secrets of the heart so those who observe it will fall on their face and say, "surely God is in this place" (1 Corinthians 14:24-25). This manner of revelation is not rooted in suspicion, but genuine insight from the Lord and disclosure of divine secrets ministered in charity and faithfulness.

This work of the "Phinehas anointing" will usher the Fear of the Lord back into the Church and pave the way for divinely granted repentance leading to the knowledge of the Truth. This will produce a more righteous Body with whom the Lord will become intimate and share His mysteries and power.

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law. And this do, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. Romans 13:10-11

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6383 Oct 12, 2013
The Anointing Released

There have been two specific occasions in which I have witnessed this anointing being imparted to leaders. The first occasion took place several years ago during a MorningStar conference. On this unique morning, Bob Jones was taken into the realm of the Spirit.

In the experience an angel approached who had been sent from Heaven with a unique commission for a specific individual. He disclosed that he had been released with the "anointing of Phinehas" to be imparted to one of our close friends, Bobby Conner.

Bobby later confirmed that an angel visited him that morning and imparted to him"the spear of Phinehas." Clearly, possessing jealousy for God is evident in the life of Bobby.

On a separate occasion, Wanda and I were involved in a conference in Louisiana and were instructed by the Lord to release the "anointing of Phinehas" on a specific leader chosen by the Lord for this region.

Since that time, this brother has told us that he is specifically aware of this anointing when it comes upon him.
In his ministry, this anointing assists in releasing a quest for purity and righteousness among those being groomed for a significant release of anointing and authority.

Eleazar—A Faithful Example

In giving true expressions with a heart of jealousy towards God, we will then begin to ardently obey the doctrines of Christ. According to John 14:23:
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him."

All those willing to make this commitment will begin to be adorned in fresh garments and endowed with the Spirit's gifts and anointing. These will then be delegated a commission like the one given to Eleazar.

Eleazar, the faithful servant of Abraham, was sanctioned with the great responsibility of obtaining a bride for Isaac. He was given notable gifts, jewelry, clothing and oil to take to the one set apart to be the chosen bride of the promised son.

In like manner, the Holy Spirit desires to impart to us the gifts, anointing and the Spirit's manifest Presence to prepare a bride for the Royal Seed of Abraham, the Lord Jesus.

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6384 Oct 12, 2013
In order to flow in this great responsibility, we must also possess the faithfulness that characterized Eleazar. Great was his devotion and loyalty in the presentation of the gifts. He made certain that Rebekah fully recognized they were not from him but from the one by whom he was sent.

-Paul Keith Davis-
vegan or vegetarian

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6385 Oct 12, 2013
ARGUMENTS FOR BEING A VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN

Some think that the following two verses mean that Paul was a vegetarian. The context shows that some Jews that converted to Christianity still felt that some animals were not clean and so should not be eaten, even though following every law perfectly to receive salvation had been replaced with salvation through Christ. The context is that it is wrong to make a man do something that he believes is sinful even though it is not.
Romans 14:21

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

1 Corinthians 8:13

Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Some think that the following verse means that man is not better than the animals.
Ecclesiastes 3:19

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

The next verse shows the true context - only that man and animals all die, and the bodies of both turn to dust.

Ecclesiastes 3:20

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Some think that the following verse means that God says that killing animals is wrong. The context shows that it means that the animal sacrifice of a bad man is abominable to God.

Isaiah 66:3

He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

Some think that the following verse means that God says that eating animals is wrong. The context shows that it means that these men cared more about their physical pleasures than they did about God.

Amos 6:4-7

That lie upon beds of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their couches, and eat the lambs out of the flock, and the calves out of the midst of the stall; That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of music, like David; That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments: but they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph. Therefore now shall they go captive with the first that go captive, and the banquet of them that stretched themselves shall be removed.

Some think that the following verse means that God hated the sacrifice of animals. The context shows that these men were not sacrificing the way that God had commanded, and their hearts were wrong, both evidenced by the fact that they ate the meat they were supposed to be giving to God. They had rejected God's law so He rejected their sacrifice.

Hosea 8:13
They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eat it; but the LORD accepteth them not; now will he remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.
GOD created balance

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6386 Oct 12, 2013
THE BALANCE

We are all God's creatures. He created the "food chain" - down to plants, microbes, and bacteria.

God created everything and gave everything its place and order.

We eat animals, they eat other animals, those eat plants, plants eat from the soil, bacteria eat yeast, etc.

God created balance and order in the entire earth and heavens.

Isaiah 40:12

Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
holiness knit at 4corners

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6387 Oct 12, 2013
Peter's Sheet

Holiness = Knit at the 4 Corners

The word used for sheet is othone and simply means linen cloth (Strong's G3607). This is rich with symbolism.
This material was used extensively in the sanctuary service and symbolizes a righteous character. Every aspect of the sanctuary deals with cleansing a man and salvation.

For example, the four walls of the outer court were all fine linen.(Exodus 38:9-16)

The priests wore linen tunics in their daily ministration.(Exodus 28:40-43)
The garments of Aaron, the high priest, had additional features. Exodus 28:1-39 The attire of the King Priest would have an additional golden sash.
Revelation 1:13-15

Speak to the Israelites and say to them:'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. Numbers 15:38-40

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire enfolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the middle thereof as the color of amber, out of the middle of the fire.

Also out of the middle thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the color of burnished brass.
Ezekiel 1:4-7
from the NORTH

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6388 Oct 12, 2013

Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place. Ezekiel 3:12 (emphasis provided)

Why was Ezekiel facing North in his vision? All visions come from the North. When we are in the midst of God's presence, the Eagle is at the North.

God counsels with us from the North. The table of shewbread is on the North. This is where we assemble together as council for purpose and understanding.

...And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. Isaiah 14:13
A HOLY FIRE is coming

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6389 Oct 12, 2013
~~~~~~~~This baptism of fire means that plagues and viruses cannot cling to it. No demonic control can survive around it, and the enemy cannot trouble you. The baptism of fire will bring in holiness, and holiness is one of the main words this year.

~~~~~~God is a holy God, and when we are consumed by this baptism of fire, anything unholy that comes into our presence will not be able to stand.

~~~~~~The power of this consuming fire will cause demons to flee and sickness, disease, infirmities, and plagues to die instantly. There will be no question that the power of God is resident in His people.

Highway of Holiness

~~~~~~Many Christians are coming into the Spirit of Holiness this year, and that is the Spirit of Resurrection in Romans 1:4.

~~~~~We are called to be holy as the Lord Thy God is Holy (see Leviticus 19:2).

~~~~~Then we have the power to heal the sick, raise the dead and do the greater works.

~~~~~The Spirit of Resurrection is coming to the remnant so they can bring thousands into salvation by knowing the way – and the way is holiness through obedience to Isaiah 55:8.

~~~~~The glory of the Lord is going to fill the house in such an extraordinary way that it's going to be contagious.

~~~~~People will come from near and far to feel the presence and power of the baptism of fire.
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#6390 Oct 12, 2013
A HOLY FIRE is coming wrote:
~~~~~~~~This baptism of fire means that plagues and viruses cannot cling to it. No demonic control can survive around it, and the enemy cannot trouble you. The baptism of fire will bring in holiness, and holiness is one of the main words this year.
~~~~~~God is a holy God, and when we are consumed by this baptism of fire, anything unholy that comes into our presence will not be able to stand.
~~~~~~The power of this consuming fire will cause demons to flee and sickness, disease, infirmities, and plagues to die instantly. There will be no question that the power of God is resident in His people.
Highway of Holiness
~~~~~~Many Christians are coming into the Spirit of Holiness this year, and that is the Spirit of Resurrection in Romans 1:4.
~~~~~We are called to be holy as the Lord Thy God is Holy (see Leviticus 19:2).
~~~~~Then we have the power to heal the sick, raise the dead and do the greater works.
~~~~~The Spirit of Resurrection is coming to the remnant so they can bring thousands into salvation by knowing the way – and the way is holiness through obedience to Isaiah 55:8.
~~~~~The glory of the Lord is going to fill the house in such an extraordinary way that it's going to be contagious.
~~~~~People will come from near and far to feel the presence and power of the baptism of fire.
--- YES, THE HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE as it is written in HEBREW 8 AND 10, ACT 2, JOEL 2, AND ESPECIALLY JEREMIAH 31... Thankyou, and you are a true servant of GOD...
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#6391 Oct 12, 2013
--- And do not forget "1 John 4 vs. 4... Thankyou...
sick

Union City, OK

#6392 Oct 12, 2013
Why would you want to bless the jews they have destroyed this country they are behind the filth in Hollywood they created it.I believe there are some good jews And we may bless them but most are sorry Zionist dogs.And Israel will cause the destruction of the united states.Many people say or claim to be Jewish but they are not To Practice being a jew is to keep the old testament and very few do.
worship quotes

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6393 Oct 13, 2013
Great Quotes on Worship

"The whole person, with all his senses, with both mind and body, needs to be
involved in genuine worship."
Jerry Kerns

"When God's people begin to praise and worship Him using the Biblical methods
He gives, the Power of His presence comes among His people in an even greater
measure."
Graham Truscott

"God is to be praised with the voice, and the heart should go therewith in holy
exultation."
Charles H. Spurgeon

"Worship is an it-is-well-with-my-soul experience." -
Robert Webber

"Without worship, we go about miserable."
A. W. Tozer

"'A glimpse of God will save you. To gaze at Him will sanctify you."
Manley Beasley

"If we are going to worship in Spirit, we must develop a spirit of worship."
Michael Catt

"As worship begins in holy expectancy, it ends in holy obedience. Holy obedience
saves worship from becoming an opiate, an escape from the pressing needs of modern
life."
Richard Foster

"Worship has been misunderstood as something that arises from a feeling which "comes upon you," but it is vital that we understand that it is rooted in a conscious act of the will, to serve and obey the Lord Jesus Christ."
Graham Kendrick

"Worship changes the worshiper into the image of the One worshiped"
Jack Hayford

"Worship must be - Christ centered, Holy Spirit led, a Response to the Father, about Intimacy and Service and always lead to Transformation!"
Tim Hughes

"As John 4:23 says, Its time, as worshipers of God, to give him all we have. For when he is exalted, everything about me is decreased. So many times we stand in the way of really stepping into the secret place of worship with God. Just abandon tradition Worship and get lost in the holy of holies with the
sole intention of blessing the Fathers heart."
Jessica Leah Springer

"When I worship, I would rather my heart be without words than my words be without
heart."
Lamar Boschman

"Worship is first and foremost for His benefit, not ours, though it is marvelous to discover that in giving Him pleasure, we ourselves enter into what can become our richest and most wholesome experience in life." p.58 "A Heart For Worship" by Lamar
Boschman
Graham Kendrick

"...by lifting our hands we symbolically receive everything God is doing in our lives."
Bob Sorge

"We must bear in mind, true worship is a matter of the heart and of genuine devotion to God."
Vivien Hibbert

"Worship songs can't just be rooted in culture - they won't be deep enough. They have to be rooted in scripture."
Matt Redman

"No man gives anything acceptable to God until has has first given himself in love and sacrifice."
A.W. Tozer

"Worship is the believer's response of all that they are – mind, emotions, will, body – to what God is and says and does."
Warren Wiersbe
real worship is when

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6394 Oct 13, 2013
When Is Worship Real?

Just because your hands are up doesn’t mean it’s from the heart.

A man stands in church on Sunday morning with his hands held high, worshiping God. Amid the music he stands silently, breathing slowly, letting God’s grace, mercy and love wash over him.

He feels peace, calm and joy, and he responds through worship.

The same man is walking to work on Monday morning. He is praying, silently, when he feels convicted by God. Walking silently, he lets God’s grace, mercy and love wash over him. He feels peace, calm and joy, and he responds through worship, thanking God from his heart on the sidewalk.

Is one of these moments more worship-filled than the other? When the man is in church on Sunday, does his worship “count” more?

Do we need to have our hands held high and be singing the latest stadium-filling worship chorus in order to really encounter God?

There is a dangerous tendency in the church to compartmentalize aspects of our faith. For instance, we often “come into God’s presence” in church, which implies we leave it when we leave church. We “enter into a time of worship” when the band stands up, which suggests when we sit down our worship ceases. It is true that most of this is semantic—but the underlying concerns are real.

The concept of worship, in particular, has suffered from this. We know we can pray anywhere and it will not have a lesser value. To pray in church or to pray on the bus is the same.

WE “ENTER INTO A TIME OF WORSHIP” WHEN THE BAND STANDS UP, WHICH SUGGESTS WHEN WE SIT DOWN OUR WORSHIP CEASES.

Yet worship seems more complicated. We tend to think of worship as the 15-minute song set preceding the sermon. We know at a deeper level that it is more than that, that it is a lifestyle attitude, but we continue to associate it with singing.
real worship is when

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6395 Oct 13, 2013
In the Hebrew language of the Old Testament, the word used for "worship"—shachah—me ans more to bow down than anything else.

When the Israelites spoke of worshiping God, they understood it as bowing down before Him. Similarly, in the Greek of the New Testament, the commonly used word for "worship"—proskuneo— suggests the act of getting down on one’s knees and adoring.

There is no doubt that sung worship has a key role in a life of worship. It is a biblical response seen throughout Scripture. But while responding to God’s love and mercy through song is a powerful act, it can also be misused. The modern worship movement, with its lights, big bands and swelling songs treads a fine line between leading people into God’s presence and leading them to a rock concert.

What makes the difference is up to you. Sometimes it can be hard to tell if the emotions felt during these times of worship are a response to God or a response to the music. But in that moment, you get to decide whether you are worshiping in your spirit or caught up in the show.

This is not to say that people do not meet with God this way, and in many ways our congregational worship is now more inclusive and more intimate than it has ever been. But the act of raising hands in church on Sunday does not, on its own, translate to a life of worship.

A life of worship involves seeing and searching for God in the day-to-day, responding to Him when we don’t feel like it and putting our entire life into the posture of bowing before Him—in our daily decisions, habits and occupations. Merely saying the words isn’t enough; the truths we speak of and read in Scripture must be lived out.

ALL OF THESE MOMENTS WORK TOGETHER IN A LIFE OF WORSHIP, CREATING POWER TO PROPEL OUR WORDS OF PRAISE INTO ACTION.

A lifestyle of worship is like an engine. Engines are made up of multiple pieces, each working according to its own task. Some components are large and provide great bursts of power, whilst others are tiny connectors, allowing the larger pieces to work. Despite the size of the part or its role, there is one purpose: to create power.

Like an engine, a life of worship has different parts—some big, some small. There are the encounters with God in our communities, in our churches when we gather with others to communally worship God and thank Him for what He has been doing in our lives. Then there are the encounters we face everyday, whether we are struck by the beauty of creation, the need for grace in a broken world or the whisper of God in amongst our daily routines.

All of these moments work together in a life of worship, creating power to propel our words of praise into action.

Meeting with God through sung worship is no more important than meeting with Him on the road to work or when out with friends. It is the combination of these encounters, the foundation they create, that helps mold a life of worship.

Hebrews 13:15 says,“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.”

Worship that honors God is not necessarily marked by the most expressive Sunday morning singing.

Rather, a life of worship is one that speaks of God, that listens to God, that sees God in the world and that responds to God. No one song can capture this or provide for this. God desires us to worship Him through all we do—words, actions, songs, encounters.

God loves to hear us when we sing His praise—and He indeed responds by singing over us (Zephaniah 3:17). We should continue to worship Him through singing, whether communally or individually, as we supplement this with daily acts of worship that give our words hands and feet.

-James Dwyer-
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#6396 Oct 13, 2013
worship quotes wrote:
Great Quotes on Worship
"The whole person, with all his senses, with both mind and body, needs to be
involved in genuine worship."
Jerry Kerns
"When God's people begin to praise and worship Him using the Biblical methods
He gives, the Power of His presence comes among His people in an even greater
measure."
Graham Truscott
"God is to be praised with the voice, and the heart should go therewith in holy
exultation."
Charles H. Spurgeon
"Worship is an it-is-well-with-my-soul experience." -
Robert Webber
"Without worship, we go about miserable."
A. W. Tozer
"'A glimpse of God will save you. To gaze at Him will sanctify you."
Manley Beasley
"If we are going to worship in Spirit, we must develop a spirit of worship."
Michael Catt
"As worship begins in holy expectancy, it ends in holy obedience. Holy obedience
saves worship from becoming an opiate, an escape from the pressing needs of modern
life."
Richard Foster
"Worship has been misunderstood as something that arises from a feeling which "comes upon you," but it is vital that we understand that it is rooted in a conscious act of the will, to serve and obey the Lord Jesus Christ."
Graham Kendrick
"Worship changes the worshiper into the image of the One worshiped"
Jack Hayford
"Worship must be - Christ centered, Holy Spirit led, a Response to the Father, about Intimacy and Service and always lead to Transformation!"
Tim Hughes
"As John 4:23 says, Its time, as worshipers of God, to give him all we have. For when he is exalted, everything about me is decreased. So many times we stand in the way of really stepping into the secret place of worship with God. Just abandon tradition Worship and get lost in the holy of holies with the
sole intention of blessing the Fathers heart."
Jessica Leah Springer
"When I worship, I would rather my heart be without words than my words be without
heart."
Lamar Boschman
"Worship is first and foremost for His benefit, not ours, though it is marvelous to discover that in giving Him pleasure, we ourselves enter into what can become our richest and most wholesome experience in life." p.58 "A Heart For Worship" by Lamar
Boschman
Graham Kendrick
"...by lifting our hands we symbolically receive everything God is doing in our lives."
Bob Sorge
"We must bear in mind, true worship is a matter of the heart and of genuine devotion to God."
Vivien Hibbert
"Worship songs can't just be rooted in culture - they won't be deep enough. They have to be rooted in scripture."
Matt Redman
"No man gives anything acceptable to God until has has first given himself in love and sacrifice."
A.W. Tozer
"Worship is the believer's response of all that they are – mind, emotions, will, body – to what God is and says and does."
Warren Wiersbe
--- Let us praise GOD and thank GOD and tell GOD that we love GOD daily... Thankyou...
real prophets welcome

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6397 Oct 16, 2013
Are Prophets Still Important?

Even if we've been burned by misguided prophetic words, we can't afford to dismiss prophecy or the office of a prophet. Here's why.

Mention the word prophet to some people and their palms get sweaty, a lump develops in their throat and they begin eyeing the door. For many, it's not because they don't believe in prophecy; it's because they're fed up with being burned by overzealous prophets and unbalanced prophecies, and they're ready to throw in the towel.

No matter how we feel about prophets, however, one thing is certain: They are God's idea—yes, even when they mess up, cause havoc or make life difficult for a church's senior leaders. God designed the Church to need this crucial office.

He also knew the Church's desire to completely wipe its hands of prophets and prophecy. For this reason, He commanded us in 1 Thessalonians 5:19-20: "Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies." Notice that God links the Holy Spirit's ability to move freely among Believers—and not be suppressed or snuffed out—with the prophetic. The word despise comes from the Greek word exoutheneo, meaning "to make of no account, to regard as nothing, to despise utterly, to treat with contempt." Verse 21 goes on to say: "Test all things; hold fast what is good." This is a needful caution when dealing with the prophetic.

Indeed, God knew from the beginning that using inherently broken people to serve as His mouthpiece would result in more than a few broken transmissions—and yet this was His perfect plan. Today that plan continues as He brings reformation to the prophetic office and realm. The word reformation, defined as "to straighten out thoroughly," comes from the Greek word diorthosis. In a physical sense, it refers to making straight, restoring to its natural and normal condition something that in some way protrudes or has become out of line, such as a broken or misshapen limb. To some, the prophetic has certainly become like a broken limb to the Body.

By the same token, we must understand the weightiness of what it means to be a prophet. Can you imagine the responsibility to speak for God—to hear, see and interpret the heart and mind of God for your generation? Can you fathom having the courage to then speak this out loud in a culture in which one mistake can seemingly disqualify you for life, regardless of your track record?

I am an advocate of prophets. I'm not blind to the mistakes they've made in the past, and I'm aware of their challenges today. But the Church should extend the same mercy and grace it gives to a pastor who preaches a lousy sermon to a prophet who "misses it." The Church is not a material building but a spiritual house built of living stones—we who are to be built as the habitation of God by the Spirit. Today, even through all the scars and wounds caused by prophetic misfires, Christ is still building His Church by the power of His Spirit through prophets and prophetic ministry.

Yet if the Church is to mature into the fullness God desires, it must utilize and properly position prophets and prophecy. To eliminate prophets from the building process of the Church is to take away the key of knowledge, which is one of the most vital tools in building strong New Testament Churches. It isn't possible to lead a Spirit-empowered church or a ministry without direct leadership of the Holy Spirit in the daily flow of the Church. Prophets are essential to the maturing of the Church because they have been gifted with an ability to hear relevant wisdom and insight from God.

Proactive Prophecy

God intends for the New Testament Church to be blessed with the gift of prophecy. When the Body of Christ properly positions prophets and prophecy, we are empowered to accomplish more while expending less energy.
real prophets welcome

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6398 Oct 16, 2013
If you study how prophecy is addressed throughout the New Testament, you'll find that every Word relating to prophetic gifts and their operation in the Church requires the Believer to take initiative and responsibility in how this gift functions. The apostle Paul—who certainly had the most to say about prophecy's role in the Church—admonishes Believers to desire, covet, stir up, seek and excel in prophecy for the edification of the Body of Christ.

Christianity is mostly proactive. If we want to see the power of God released in our generation, we must learn to take the initiative and to excel. To excel is to be pre-eminent. Scripture says the prophet Daniel was 10 times better than the magicians of Babylon (Daniel 1:20). There must be a level of excellence in prophetic ministry.

Many times Christians trust the sovereignty of God in a non-biblical manner. They believe that if the Lord wants to give them a prophetic word, He'll simply deliver a word as if it fell from the sky. Though God obviously is able to give anyone a prophetic word, this "accidental" prophecy perspective isn't the full pattern of Scripture. Pre-eminent prophets are those who have learned to co-labor with Him.

We must "covet to prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:39, KJV). Covet is a passionate, active word from the Greek word zēlōt&#2 75;, which means one burning with zeal—a zealot. To covet means to be eagerly desirous of or zealous to acquire something. It also means to defend or contend for it.

Developing the Gift

Paul admonishes Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:14-15 not to "neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all" (NKJV).

If you are going to be excellent in ministering spiritual gifts, you must give serious attention to the development of those gifts. The Amplified Bible's translation of this verse says we should "practice and cultivate and meditate upon these duties; throw yourself wholly into them [as your ministry], so that your progress may be evident to everybody."

One of the most effective ways to cultivate the gift of prophecy is to study the Biblical definitions on how the gift functions and what role it plays in building the Church. It's important to study the foundational principles of the prophetic found in the Bible so that we are grounded in truth. Paul wrote that we should not be ignorant of spiritual gifts (see 1 Corinthians 12:1). I believe ignorance is the primary reason the Church is not walking in the fullness of the Spirit.

Hosea 4:6 reveals that God's people "are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines ignorance as "the condition of being uneducated, unaware, uninformed and inexperienced." It is the lack of a workable knowledge, information or education. Ignorance destroys the proper placement of prophets and prophetic gifts in the Body of Christ.
real prophets welcome

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6399 Oct 16, 2013
Prophets are among the greatest gifts the Lord has given the Body of Christ, partly because of their God-given ability to build with words.

Words spoken in the correct setting can bring forth life and healing to the human heart. Proverbs 25:11 says, "Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances" (NASB). It only takes one word fitly spoken to a hurting soul to introduce or reintroduce Jesus Christ into that life.

People are controlled with words. Dignity is restored with words. Love is communicated through words. And our worlds are framed and created by words. Many believe that prophets are called to uproot and tear down.

Though that's a vital part of the prophet's ministry, the ability to build up and create is also a vital function of the prophetic office. One God-empowered word can bring light, structure and fulfillment into a life that is dark, void and without hope, purpose or form.

Genesis 1:3 marks God's first recorded words as "Let there be light." God wasn't simply foretelling light; His Words were literally creating light.

A prophet's first devotion should be to release light and, by doing so, expose darkness. It is time to bring restoration, not devastation.

It takes little effort to uproot and tear down, but it takes love, patience and wisdom to plant and build. Many immature prophets—especially those with strong deliverance backgrounds—are quick to identify the devil's work in a person without any concern for the human soul. They can accurately identify problems yet fail to give solutions.

A mature prophet, on the other hand, offers what I call prophetic prescriptions. He or she doesn't give blanket prophecies, but instead truly listens to the Holy Spirit regarding the condition of each human soul.
genuine prophets welcome

Pasir Gudang, Malaysia

#6400 Oct 16, 2013
True prophetic ministry imparts grace and truth that sets people free, showing them the way out of their sin or to higher levels of spiritual maturity.

From Foundation to Revelation

The primary directive of prophetic ministry is to cause Believers to build their lives on the foundation of Christ.

Prophets help to lay this foundation into the very nature and life of Believers by speaking divinely given words that are based upon God's purpose and destiny of each life.

We know that the Holy Spirit always testifies of Jesus, so the essence of prophetic ministry, then, is the revelation of the person, power and work of Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 29:18 says that, "Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but happy is he who keeps the law" (NKJV).

Revelation is the revealed will of God for your life—the prophetic vision, in other terms.

So where there is no prophetic vision, the people are unrestrained, which means they will be untrained in the ways of God, living life without the discipline of God.

We are called to be disciples of Christ. A disciple is a disciplined learner.

The prophetic ministry equips you with the advantage of living under the discipline of God.

When we don't have this prophetic vision guiding our lives, we tend to live in a vacuum.

One translation of Proverbs 29:18 puts it this way: "Without prophetic vision people run wild" (GW).

In other words, we live our lives with no control, direction, rhyme or reason. The prophetic word brings order and structure in life, while also reminding you of a higher vision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min oneear69 688,778
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 22 min Johnny 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Demothieves 37,093
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 31 min Johnny 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 988,532
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web