day of the Lord is near

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6258 Sep 27, 2013
Micah 5

King James Version (KJV)

10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots:

11 And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strong holds:

12 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

13 Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

14 And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will I destroy thy cities.

15 And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
day of the Lord is near

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6259 Sep 27, 2013
Micah 7

King James Version (KJV)

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.
day of the Lord is near

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6260 Sep 27, 2013
7 Woe is me! for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, as the grapegleanings of the vintage: there is no cluster to eat: my soul desired the firstripe fruit.

2 The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.

3 That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up.

4 The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge: the day of thy watchmen and thy visitation cometh; now shall be their perplexity.

5 Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.

6 For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.

7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

9 I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

10 Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the Lord thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.

11 In the day that thy walls are to be built, in that day shall the decree be far removed.

12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.

13 Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.

14 Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.

15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.

16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.

17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.
punish the wicked

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6261 Sep 27, 2013
Zephaniah 1:8-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

8 And on the day of the Lord’s sacrifice, I will punish the officials and the king’s sons and all who are clothed in [lavish] foreign apparel [instead of the Jewish dress, with its reminders to obey God’s commandments].

9 In the same day also will I punish all those who leap swiftly on or over the threshold [upon entering houses to steal], who fill their master’s house with violence and deceit and fraud.

10 And in that day, says the Lord, there shall be heard the voice of crying from the Fish Gate [in the wall of Jerusalem] and a wailing from the Second Quarter or Lower City and a great crashing and sound of destruction from the hills.

11 Wail, you inhabitants of the Mortar [those located in the hollow part of the city]! For all the merchant people, like the people of Canaan, will be silent [entirely destroyed]; all those who weighed out silver and were loaded with it will be cut off.

12 And at that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish the men who [like old wine] are thickening and settling on their lees, who say in their hearts, The Lord will not do good, nor will He do evil.

13 And their wealth shall become plunder and their houses a desolation. Though they build houses, they shall not inhabit them; though they plant vineyards, they shall not drink the wine from them.

14 The great day of the Lord is near—near and hastening fast. Hark! the voice of the day of the Lord! The mighty man [unable to fight or to flee] will cry then bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of ruin and devastation, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the blast of trumpet and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the high towers and battlements.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, so that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord; their blood shall be poured out like dust and their flesh like dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord’s indignation and wrath. But the whole earth shall be consumed in the fire of His jealous [a]wrath, for a full, yes, a sudden, end will He make of all the inhabitants of the earth.
Footnotes:

Zephaniah 1:18 God’s judgment, God’s mercy—the twin themes of the prophets. In this dramatic passage, the Lord describes the destruction that will sweep the earth in the day of God’s wrath. Yet the Lord is true to His promises—the remnant will be restored (Zeph. 3:18-20); the last day is also “the day of redemption”(Eph. 4:30). See also Matt. 24:31; John 14:3; I Thess. 4:15-17.
dealings

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6262 Sep 27, 2013
Zephaniah 3

Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 Woe to her that is rebellious and polluted, the oppressing city [Jerusalem]!

2 She did not listen to and heed the voice [of God]; she accepted no correction or instruction; she trusted not in the Lord [nor leaned on or was confident in Him, but was confident in her own wealth]; she drew not near to her God [but to the god of Baal or Molech].

3 Her officials in the midst of her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones on the morrow, for nothing is left by morning.

4 Her prophets are light [lacking truth, gravity, and steadiness] and men of treachery; her priests have profaned the sanctuary; [defrauding God and man by pretending their own word is God’s word] they have done violence to the law.

5 The Lord in the midst of her is [uncompromisingly] righteous; He will not do iniquity. Every morning He brings His justice to light; He fails not, but the unjust [person] knows no shame.

6 I [the Lord] have cut off nations; their battlements and corner towers are desolate and in ruins. I laid their streets waste so that none passes over them; their cities are destroyed so that there is no man, there is no inhabitant.

7 I said, Only let her [reverently and worshipfully] fear Me, receive correction and instruction, and [Jerusalem’s] dwelling shall not be cut off. However, I have punished her [according to all that I have appointed concerning her in the way of punishment], but all the more they are eager to make all their doings corrupt and infamous.

8 Therefore [earnestly] wait for Me, says the Lord,[waiting] for the day when I rise up to the attack [as a witness, accuser, or judge, and a testimony]. For My decision and determination and right it is to gather the nations together, to assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them My indignation, even all [the heat of] My fierce anger; for [in that day] all the earth shall be consumed with the fire of My zeal and jealousy.
praise among all nations

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6263 Sep 27, 2013
9 For then [changing their impure language] I will give to the people a clear and pure speech from pure lips, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one unanimous consent and one united shoulder [bearing the yoke of the Lord].

10 From beyond the rivers of Cush or Ethiopia those who pray to Me, the daughter of My dispersed people, will bring and present My offering.
11 In that day you [the congregation of Israel] shall not be put to shame for all your deeds by which you have rebelled and transgressed against Me, for then I will take away out of your midst those who exult in your majesty and pride; and you shall no more be haughty [and carry yourselves arrogantly on or] because of My holy mountain.

12 For I will leave in the midst of you a people afflicted and poor, and they shall trust, seek refuge, and be confident in the name of the Lord.

13 What is left of Israel shall not do iniquity or speak lies, neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth, for they shall feed and lie down and none shall make them afraid.

14 Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel! Rejoice, be in high spirits and glory with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem [in that day].

15 [For then it will be that] the Lord has taken away the judgments against you; He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, even the Lord [Himself], is in the midst of you; [and after He has come to you] you shall not experience or fear evil any more.

16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear not, O Zion. Let not your hands sink down or be slow and listless.
17 The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.

18 I will gather those belonging to you [those Israelites in captivity] who yearn and grieve for the solemn assembly [and the festivals], on whom [their exile and inability to attend services at Jerusalem have brought derision and] the reproach of it is a burden.

19 Behold, at that time I will deal with all those who afflict you; I will save the limping [ones] and gather the outcasts and will make them a praise and a name in every land of their shame.

20 At that time I will bring you in; yes, at that time I will gather you, for I will make you a name and a praise among all the nations of the earth when I reverse your captivity before your eyes, says the Lord.
days of ELIJAH SPIRIT

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6264 Sep 27, 2013
Malachi 3

Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 Behold, I send My [a]messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me. And the Lord [the Messiah], Whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; the [b]Messenger or Angel of the covenant, Whom you desire, behold, He shall come, says the Lord of hosts.

2 But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap;

3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and He will purify the priests, the sons of Levi, and refine them like gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord offerings in righteousness.

4 Then will the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in ancient years.

5 Then I will draw near to you for judgment; I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against the false swearers, and against those who oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, and who turn aside the temporary resident from his right and fear not Me, says the Lord of hosts.

6 For I am the Lord, I do not change; that is why you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My ordinances and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. But you say, How shall we return?

8 Will a man rob or defraud God? Yet you rob and defraud Me. But you say, In what way do we rob or defraud You?[You have withheld your] tithes and offerings.

9 You are cursed with the curse, for you are robbing Me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts.

12 And all nations shall call you happy and blessed, for you shall be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.

13 Your words have been strong and hard against Me, says the Lord. Yet you say, What have we spoken against You?

14 You have said, It is useless to serve God, and what profit is it if we keep His ordinances and walk gloomily and as if in mourning apparel before the Lord of hosts?

15 And now we consider the proud and arrogant to be happy and favored; evildoers are exalted and prosper; yes, and when they test God, they escape [unpunished].

16 Then those who feared the Lord talked often one to another; and the Lord listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared the Lord and who thought on His name.

17 And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure). And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.

18 Then shall you return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who does not serve Him.
ELIJAH PROPHETS

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6265 Sep 27, 2013
Malachi 4

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
messenger of the LORD GOD

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6266 Sep 27, 2013
Malachi 3

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: 3 and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. 4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? 14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the Lord of hosts? 15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. 17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. 18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6267 Sep 27, 2013
....That chapter goes on to say that these witnesses have the power to shut up heaven so it will not rain--exactly what Elijah did at the beginning of his ministry.

But when this “Elijah” comes at the end of the age, he will bring about true repentance and change in the nation so that they will be ready for the coming of the Lord. The imagery of turning the hearts of fathers and children to each other is a spiritual change, the hearts referring to their wills; as they turn their hearts, it will be in obedience to the Law, and so they will be in fact turning their hearts to the Lord.

People everywhere must turn their hearts to the Lord, or when he comes he will smite them with the curse (kherem). This word for “curse” literally mean “banned, devoted”--it is off limits. In holy war, things would be put under this “ban”; that meant they belonged to the Lord, to be used by him or to be destroyed, but no human could have them (see the sin of Achan in Joshua, and the sin of Saul in 1 Samuel--they preserved banned things that should have been destroyed). So Malachi is thinking in terms of holy war, that when the Lord comes he will utterly destroy the world and its inhabitants, but will spare his people.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6268 Sep 27, 2013
Conclusion

If people do not think God is ruling in fairness today, and they choose to rebel against him for that reason, they will have a sad future awakening. When the LORD comes, he will separate the righteous from the wicked, and it will be such a dramatic moment as the world and all in it are .

But before he comes he will send guides to bring about harmony and righteousness in the families, the key to the nation. The Word of God is full of instructions to watch and pray for his appearance. And the New Testament continues the theme. The faithful must work to bring people to repentance and to a proper spiritual level. And God is preparing his messenger. Many will come in the spirit and power of Elijah over the ages; but after they are long gone, and just at the eve of the coming, an Elijah will appear and draw people back together, and back to God.

Those living in the hope of the second coming will have to be prepared for it, but they will also be doing the work of the prophets, warming people that of the evil devastation to follow.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6269 Sep 27, 2013
All of God's prophets had done their work, but the people had rejected them all. There was no further word that God could send. The hardened and rebellious nation would continue to exist (according to God's holy purpose); but the precious fellowship of other days was gone forever. A hint of all this may be found in these final six verses. This promise that God would send Elijah, who had left the earth four hundred years previously, was, "A promise which suggests that the age of the prophets is now felt to be over."[18] When that Elijah appears, his business will be that of restoring the broken harmony. In the meanwhile, let the true followers of God keep the sacred Law and await the unfolding of the purpose of the Almighty.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6270 Sep 27, 2013
This was Elijah's own work of turning the hearts of the people to the true God. It is this example of Elijah's ministry that God uses to typify the messengers before Christ's two comings. It is a call to real repentance. And that is precisely what John the Baptist did ... point out the true "Lamb of God" and preach a strong message of repentance. The messenger before the second coming will have to do the same things. The Book of Malachi explains this further.

4) The FORMAT of the book is in the form of 8 statements by Go , of which is followed by a question from the people, an question is then followed by an answer from God. The questions people ask clearly reveal the thinking of the people. The answers, in turn, clearly reveal the thinking of God. The whole presentation shows a very clear progression which culminates in the lake of fire.

In a way, this book is almost like an 'exclusive interview' where a prominent personality (i.e. God!) has made certain statements and the reporter asks 8 progressive questions and records the answers that are given.

5) The TIME-SETTING is clearly indicated at the end of this book ... it is just before ..."the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD" (Malachi 4:5). So therefore the application is in all likelihood intended to be more for the Church of God than for physical Israel, since the Church is the body offering things up to God and being taught by "the priests" (i.e. the ministry) at the end time.

6) The THEME, that which is God's major concern, is also summed up in the concluding verses of the book. It is ..."Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,... with the statutes and judgments" (Malachi 4:4).

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6271 Sep 27, 2013
There are no further questions from the ministry and so in the next 3 verses (i.e. Mal. 4:1-3) God takes this process to its ultimate conclusion ... total destruction in the lake of fire for the wicked and eternal life in God's family for the righteous. The last 3 verses (Mal. 4:4-6) summarize God's main concern in this book. That is: first, remember my law WITH the statutes and judgments (therefore including tithing, holy days, clean meats, etc.) and second, I will surely send My messenger, Elijah, before the second coming of Christ and he will preach a message of repentance, as did Elijah and as did John the Baptist.

This book of Malachi describes a clear process ...

A) it starts out with people not seeing God's love;
B) this leads to a lack of respect;
C) this leads to despising;
D) this leads to polluted teachings;
E) this leads to utter contempt for God;
F) this leads to immorality and robbing God;
G) this leads to total outright rebellion;
H) and the only place this can lead to is THE LAKE OF FIRE!

The book contains a major indictment from God against the ministry of His Church. It is the ministry that should have stopped this process by having and teaching respect, honour and fear towards God (Mal. 1:6). There is a close parallel between the message here and the message of the book of Hebrews in the New Testament.
watch beware

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6272 Sep 27, 2013
The Judgment of the Wicked

Watch! Beware! The day is coming, like a burning furnace. All the proud and all who do wickedly, will be stubble. The day which is coming will burn them up, says IAUA of all creation. It will not leave a root or branch of them.

There is a day of judgment coming which will be complete and final. All traces of sin on the earth will be burned. All people will be destroyed, who do not belong in the kingdom of God. This should attract our attention. This opening statement emphasizes the importance of this message. This is also the context for the time of this message. Those who are facing their last decision at the end of time are being presented with the final issues. This is the final warning and call for the separating of good and evil.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Revelation 18:4

The reference to the stubble of grass is traced back to the words of God. The people are specifically identified as grass.

6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
watch beware

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6273 Sep 27, 2013
Stubble is what is left when the grass is cut off. Those who disobey are cut off.

29 Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.
30 But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
31 Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.
Numbers 15:29-31

There are two classes of wicked people specifically identified as dried grass stubble to be burned. The group identified as evildoers we can easily understand. The group identified as the proud is a little more subtle. Strong's Hebrew Dictionary gives the synonyms arrogant, insolent, and presumptuous. The sense is, these are people who may have looked like good people on the outside.

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
II Thessaonians 2:10

In their hearts they were too proud to yield to God. They did not come out of the remaining practices of the whore of Babylon. They did enough to look good and be acceptable to their peer group but were not willing to follow all the way.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Revelation 14:4
watch beware

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6274 Sep 27, 2013
The prophet records these words directly from the mouth of God. This entire chapter is no thought inspiration recorded by the prophet with his own words. These words are the direct verbal inspiration of God. God gives His personal witness the destruction will be complete. The phrase "Lord of hosts", which I have paraphrased "IAUA of all creation", emphasizes His position as Head of all the righteous, as the destruction of all traces of the wicked and their wicked works occurs.

The Hope of the Faithful

Arising to you who fear My name is the great light of righteousness, with healing in His wings. You will go out and frolic as calves released from the stall.

The identifying characteristic of the faithful righteous in this verse is a fear of the name of God. I find it instructive to see this particular characteristic emphasized. Whenever I see this idea mentioned in the Bible, I cannot help but wonder. What does this mean for those who refuse to use His personal name and do not even want to know it?

6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
Isaiah 52:6

The great light of righteousness is not the sun. In Hebrew, the sun is always referred to as the great light. The great light of this verse is something more powerful and eternal. The physical light of the earth is the sun but the spiritual light of the earth is something quite different. The parallel with another end time verse is clear to the deep student of the Bible.

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Revelation 18:1

The reference to healing wings may seem odd but the deep student of the Bible will note the Hebrew word translated wings is the same word translated borders in this powerful verse.

38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Numbers 15:38

The deep student of the Bible also knows the fringe or tassel appears in this verse translated as hem. Now we see the complete circle of the thought of healing in His wings. The great light of righteousness is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit as well as the coming of our Saviour to give healing to those who follow Him all the way.

36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
Matthew 14:36

In the final phrase of the verse, we recognize our arrival in heaven and our leaving the Holy City after the Re-Creation will be an outburst of joy. We will go out and frolic as calves released from the chains of their stalls. We will be free from the chains of sin and restored to the perfect home God originally designed for us.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Revelation 21:1
keep sabbath holy

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6275 Sep 27, 2013
The Statutes and judgments

Remember! the "Law of Moses", my servant, which I commanded to him in Horeb for all Israel, statutes and judgments.

The deep student of the Bible notices the parallel important meaning of the first word of this verse. God has previously called us in His own words and His own voice to remember something equally important.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:8

Don't you think the "Law of Moses" has the same kind of importance? Does "remember" only mean to recall or does it mean to follow and obey? He has also provided, in His own words, with the same commandment to remember, a specific method to be a constant reminder of obedience to ALL His commandments. It is also a powerful visible witness to our commitment to obey.

39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
40 That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.
Numbers 15:39-40
keep sabbath holy

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6276 Sep 27, 2013
This special message is given to those in these last days who are ready and willing to follow the Lamb wherever He leads them. God does not hesitate to call it the "Law of Moses" but reminds us Moses is His servant and it is His commandment given for all of us. This command specifically applies to a special group at the end of time who are also called His servants and who are not ashamed to be called the children of Israel.

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Revelation 7:3-4

The "Law of Moses" is called statutes and judgments. Many are looking for an excuse to ignore the "Law of Moses", the statutes, also known as the Torah. They sometimes use the excuse the statutes and the law (Torah) did not exist until Moses. They need to consider carefully the testimony of God.

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws (Torah).
Genesis 26:5

The law was not recorded until Moses but God says even Abraham knew the law.

The Coming of Elijah

Watch! I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and terrible day of IAUA.

God has specified the message. Now He specifies there will be a prophet to proclaim this message. Like John the Baptist, someone who will come in the spirit and power of Elijah.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
Luke 1:17

Again, we are reminded, this will occur just before the great and terrible day of IAUA.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joel 2:31

The disciples were aware of this prophecy by the words of the scribes. They were puzzled by the appearance of Elijah at the transfiguration, when the Messiah had already come.

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
Matthew 17:10
third elijah prophet

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#6277 Sep 27, 2013
The Messiah acknowledged a third Elijah prophet would come in the future, before His Second Coming, and restore all of God's truth, which had not yet been lost in the Dark Ages to follow.

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Matthew 17:11

The Messiah also specified John the Baptist was the Second Elijah who had preceded His own appearance in His First Coming.

12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
Matthew 17:12-13

The Results of the Message

He will restore the obedient heart of the patriarch fathers to the righteous children of Israel. He will return the heart's desire of the children to the desire for righteousness held by their fathers. Because, I am coming and I will smite the earth and all the wicked which remain with utter destruction.

The Third Elijah Message will restore the first love, which has been left behind.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Revelation 2:4

The message will restore the love from a heart of obedience.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15

The love of the patriarchs for the Law of God wil be restored to the hearts of the true children of Israel

165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Psalms 119:165

The loss of the understanding of all of God's Law has caused the love of His Law to be lost. The heart of the true follower of God will be awakened, restored, and joined with the heart of the patriarch fathers.

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Matthew 17:11

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 min ChromiuMan 5,471
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min RADEKT 261,687
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 4,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,801
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 548,735
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 9 min Dubai Massage 055... 118
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 441,441
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min AnnieJ 602,188
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristineM 230,023

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE