music foremost

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

I fear many would not have been preachers if they must first have been singers.
music foremost

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

If these do not charm you, fetch a minstrel from experience. Think how God has dealt with you in times of sorrow and darkness long gone by, and then you will sing, "His mercy endureth for ever." That one hundred and third Psalm might last a man from now till he entered heaven, he need not change the strain,—"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." He may keep on chanting it until his song melts into the hymn of the angels, and he adds another voice to the chorus of the redeemed above.

If you want music, there is yet a sweeter store. Go fetch a minstrel from Calvary. Commend me for sweetness to the music of the cross. At Calvary I hear one piece of music set to the minor key which bred more joy beneath the skies than all else. Hear it: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Jesus deserted is the comfort of deserted souls: Jesus crying, "Why hast thou forsaken me?" is the joy of the spirit that has lost the light of God's countenance. That grave and solemn note can lift despair into delight.
But if you want another hymn of the cross to be sung with the accompaniment of the high-sounding cymbals, or with trumpet and sound of cornet, let me commend you to this other song of the cross, "IT IS FINISHED." All music lies there. Condensed into those three words you have the harmonies of eternity, the melodies of the infinite. Angels themselves when on their loftiest key did never sing a canticle so sweet. "Consummatum est" is the consummation of song. "It is finished;" sin is blotted out, reconciliation is complete, everlasting righteousness is brought in, and believing souls are saved. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! "Till the day break, and the shadows flee away," "Bring me a minstrel," and let us sing unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, to him be glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Provided by:
music foremost

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Happily, you are not always depressed: there are times of great joy with you, and then you long to have communion with God. If you wish to have fellowship with Jesus, you will find it helpful to say, "Bring me a minstrel;" and when he asks, "What shall I sing?" say to him, "Sing the Song of Songs, which is Solomon's."

Then shall you find utterance for your heart in some such canticles as these: "Tell me, O thou whom my soul lovest, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon; for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?" Possibly your tongue will take up notes like these: "As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love." "My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. Until the daybreak, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of division." The whole book is full of utterances which may seem strange to worldly minds, but which exactly suit those who know the Well-beloved. Read that third verse of the eighth chapter of the Song.

Did you ever sing it? "His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please." "Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned."
When we come to die we will breathe our last breath to music. Then will we say, "Bring me a harper," and like Jacob and Moses we will sing ere we depart. Our song is ready. It is the twenty-third Psalm: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
music foremost

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Do you ever get depressed in spirit, beloved friends? I fear you do; and are you ever troubled because you seem to have more affliction than anybody else? Have you watched the wicked and seen them prosperously sailing while you have been tossed to and fro on a raging sea of troubles? Do you want to get peace to your mind by the power of the Holy Spirit? Then say, "Bring me a minstrel" and let him sing that thirty-seventh Psalm, "Fret not thyself because of evildoers." Or if you would have a change from the thirty-seventh, turn the figures round, and let him sing the seventy-third, and the notes will run thus: "Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped." You will not be long before you will rise to the note—"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."
music foremost

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

God."
What a sweet piece of Sabbath minstrelsy it is! How often have we been quieted and prepared for sanctuary worship by Psalm 84:—
"How did my heart rejoice to hear
My friends devoutly say,
'In Zion let us all appear
And keep thy holy day!'"
When the house is full of trouble, and your heart is bowed down, is it not well to say—"Bring me a minstrel, and let him sing to me the twenty-seventh Psalm.'The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."' You need not confine the harper to that one strain; for David has written many psalms for burdened hearts. It is wonderful what provision God has made of sacred minstrels to play us up out of the depths into the heights if we will but make a right use of them.
I will suppose you are in a state of alarm; it may be there is a thunderstorm, or possibly a disease is stalking through the land. Did you ever sing in such times that forty-sixth Psalm: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early." Such music is like the breath of heaven. How comforting are the words of the ninety-first Psalm when diseases are abroad, or when the thunder rolls through the sky: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." I remember being in a family one night when I was but a lad, when everybody in the house, strong men though some of them were, trembled and were afraid. A child was upstairs and must be brought down, but no one dared pass by the window on the staircase. Well do I remember fetching the child, awed but not alarmed, and then I sat down and read aloud the ninety-first Psalm, and saw how it quieted both men and women. Ah, my brethren, David as a musician is one of a thousand; we need no other minstrel. The word of God hushes the tempest of the soul, and refreshes the heart with a celestial dew. "Bring me a minstrel," but let him sing us one of the songs of Zion.
power of worship music

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

---------We ought not to ordain young men to the office of preacher if they have not trained themselves and practised singing in the schools."

That is pretty strong. I fear many would not have been preachers if they must first have been singers.

Still, there is a power about song; and to sing the praises of God in psalms such as those I have read to you is most consoling.
songs of the holyspirit

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

"Bring me a harper,""Bring me a harper,"
warning

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Check out the latest video from your channel subscriptions for Jun 19, 2013.

Warning to American Christians from Judges 19
by SomeLittleShoe
solution

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

....The second word was as exciting. The second word He gave me was “secrets”. And He led me to Amos where the Bible says,“The Lord God does nothing unless He reveal His secret to his servants the prophets.” And the Lord spoke to me that for this year the prophets will begin to operate at a higher level of revelation than ever, and that secrets would begin to be revealed to them, both for individual and for churches. And that’s happened for me so far this year. I just came from a series of meetings and the pastor said,“You’ve never operated on this high a level of secrets.”

Just an outstanding example, of the power of prophecy. One man called prophecy “a miracle of utterance”. Now we get excited about miracles in finances and miracles of feeling, and miracles of deliverance. Prophesy is a miracle, but just a miracle of utterance. I was speaking at a Methodist pastured by a spirit-filled guy at a Methodist church, a church full of Methodists,
And I stood up to demonstrate the prophetic. He said,“Don’t speak in tongues. It will freak them all out, but stand up and prophesy over our membership.”

Well as much as a gift is given, as much as it is an endowment, it is also a skill, and skills need time to develop. So everyone’s gift is going to start at a lower level, and through practice, practice, practice, become bigger and better.

So I just began to practice. I began to have a dream and then another dream. I began to have visions. I began to know things and stuff about people. And as I gave those things that I felt God had given me for other people, the accuracy began to grow. Gifts are like muscles. The more you use them, the more you exercise and the bigger they become. So now after almost 34 years of doing this my gift has grown over the years through practice, practice, practice.

…..the Holy Spirit went right down the line. I call prophesy, both diagnostic and prescriptive, in that God uses prophesy to diagnose problems and then He uses prophesy to prescribe the solution….

~dennis~
revival sign

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

A Prophetic Sign: Blank Check For Revival

Robin McMillanIn a most unusual way the Lord used the last five verses of Amos, chapter 9, to convince me of the impending revival in America:

"'On that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, and repair its damages: I will raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old; that they may possess the remnant of Edom, and all the Gentiles who are called by My name,' says the Lord who does this thing.

"'Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord,'When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; the mountains shall drip with sweet wine, and all the hills shall flow with it.
"'I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; they shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; they shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them.
"'I will plant them in their land, and no longer shall they be pulled up from the land I have given them,' says the Lord your God" (Amos 9:11-15).

In this short passage God revealed to me the vehicle, the target, the assurance, the method, the historic sign, and the timing of the outpouring. The vehicle He will use is David's restored tabernacle – groups of people devoted to worship with the manifest presence of God in their midst.

The targets are the Gentiles and the historic enemies of Israel like Edom, Esau's offspring. He provides assurance with these expressions of His intent: "On that day I will," "Behold the days are coming," "I will bring back," "They shall build," "They shall plant," "They shall make," and "I will plant them."

The method is spiritual intoxication. The mountains, a type of the nations, shall drip with the intoxicating new wine, like the early disciples at Pentecost. The historic sign and the timing of the outpouring is the generation when Jewish people are restored to their ancient homeland. In 1948, the impossible happened. Israel became a nation again after almost 2,000 years. Then the prophetic clock of the end-time outpouring began ticking!
revival sign

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

A Prophetic Sign Was Given To Me

I had grown up in an era and in a denomination that never mentioned revival and didn't believe the miraculous power of God was still available. I did not have a sound foundation for believing in an end time revival. In that state of mind, the Lord revealed to me these prophetic insights from Amos 9 and began to insist that I preach them. It was a problem. I remember that early Sunday morning walking the block and speaking to the Lord about my reluctance to preach the outpouring. As I rounded the last turn heading home, the Lord suddenly spoke to me: "Pick up that piece of paper."

I stooped to pick it up and saw that it was a partially torn check made out to a church. It was check #913! The Lord began telling me that the check was a prophetic sign to the Church. He had written a blank check for revival out of Amos 9:13. The devil had attempted to destroy it, but the money was still in the bank.

It occurred to me that a check is also called a promissory note. The check isn't the money; it represents the existence and promise of the money. God's promise is still good even if it has been torn, tattered, and assaulted by the enemy and assailed by many in unbelief.

About Prophetic Signs

The Bible clearly shows that God uses prophetic signs to reveal Himself and His plans. The rainbow, circumcision, the diseases in Moses' hands, the plagues in Egypt, the Passover blood on the doorposts, Isaiah walking naked for three years, the institution of the Sabbath, and others the Bible calls signs and are one of God's modes of communication. Prophetic signs are one of the least appreciated and often maligned vehicles of God's communication to us. I understand why. Everything doesn't have prophetic meaning that someone hears or feels or sees or thinks.

Also, misinterpretation and misapplication of prophetic things in the past have caused a lot of confusion, providing opportunity for much criticism of the prophetic and people associated with it.

Note the Father's initial introduction of His Son to the world:
revival sign

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

"Then the angel said to them,'Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger'" (Luke 2:10-12, emphasis mine).

This will be a sign to you: You will find a babe wrapped in rags lying in the trough of a cattle feeder (McMillan Unauthorized Translation). A bit out of the ordinary, wouldn't you say? Yet, it pleased God to introduce Jesus in just this way. This sign pointed to the basic humility of our Heavenly Father and to our need for the same kind of humility if we are to know Him better.

This short defense of prophetic signs is an attempt to help some who have dismissed such things out of hand, and by so doing, have missed major encouragement and faith-building communications from God. I have often needed encouragement and more faith and didn't particularly care where or how they came.

Large-scale harvestAs I did, you may have trouble believing in a final large-scale harvest in which millions are swept into the Kingdom. That doesn't mean it isn't so. There are verses indicating the end of the age will be dark and desperate, but there are other ones that "shed light" on something else much more positive.

Both elements will exist at the same time. Both the Old and New Testaments affirm that. In Matthew 13:39 Jesus typified the end of the age as a harvest: "the harvest is the end of the age," when good and bad will come to maturity and be harvested together. Isaiah prophesied a similar scenario:
"Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising" (Isaiah 60:1-3).

The phrase "Gentiles shall come to your light" sets the stage of the fulfillment of this prophecy in our age, the age of the Gospel. We haven't yet seen the fullness of the glory arising upon us, or any other generation. Habakkuk said, "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14).

Nor have "we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13), nor do we find in the earth yet 'a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish'(Ephesians 5:27). These verses too must be fulfilled before the end comes.

The Harvest

God has a plan for a worldwide harvest of unprecedented magnitude.

Even conservative Bible scholars have seen it. Here is commentary on Amos 9:13 from Keil & Delitzsch:

"Even while one is engaged in ploughing the land for the sowing, the other will already be able to cut ripe corn; so quickly will the corn grow and ripen. And the treading of the grapes will last to the sowing-time, so abundant will the vintage be.

The second half of the verse is taken from Joel 3:18; and according to this passage, the melting of the hills is to be understood as dissolving into streams of milk, new wine, and honey, in which the prophet had the description of the promised land as a land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:8, etc.) floating before his mind."

"Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; the mountains shall drip with sweet wine, and all the hills shall flow with it." Amos 9:13

Yes, the days are coming!

Robin McMillan
a miracle

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

"Prophesy is a miracle, but just a miracle of utterance."
quence

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

malays are drug addicts wrote:
<quoted text>
This is irrelevant to the topic and is evidence of backward superstitious belief and mental illness.
excuse please...we are not malays and we do not resides in malaysia and this is a wrong idd country code number

we are from Borneo!
quence

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

from the very beginning of this blog up to now we are from BORNEO..period!

MALAYSIA is never our hometown..period!
quence

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

yeah we are purely borneons
land below the wing
the prince of peace

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

"Gentiles shall come to your light" sets the stage of the fulfillment of this prophecy in our age, the age of the Gospel. We haven't yet seen the fullness of the glory arising upon us, or any other generation. Habakkuk said, "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14).

Nor have "we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13), nor do we find in the earth yet 'a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish'(Ephesians 5:27). These verses too must be fulfilled before the end comes.
winds of borneon

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

land below the wind
beloved borneo

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

GOD BLESS SABAH & GOD BLESS THE JEWS INDEED
beloved land of sabah

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

In this short passage God revealed to me the vehicle, the target, the assurance, the method, the historic sign, and the timing of the outpouring. The vehicle He will use is David's restored tabernacle – groups of people devoted to worship with the manifest presence of God in their midst. The targets are the Gentiles and the historic enemies of Israel like Edom, Esau's offspring. He provides assurance with these expressions of His intent: "On that day I will," "Behold the days are coming," "I will bring back," "They shall build," "They shall plant," "They shall make," and "I will plant them."

The method is spiritual intoxication. The mountains, a type of the nations, shall drip with the intoxicating new wine, like the early disciples at Pentecost. The historic sign and the timing of the outpouring is the generation when Jewish people are restored to their ancient homeland. In 1948, the impossible happened. Israel became a nation again after almost 2,000 years. Then the prophetic clock of the end-time outpouring began ticking!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,261 - 5,280 of6,530
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

516 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min No Shiite 216,714
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min hojo 511,924
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min karl44 679,818
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min Betheny Angel 1,639
The Truth (May '13) 30 min Betheny Angel 8
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 31 min 21 Male UK 166
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min onemale 250,347
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 89,507
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr dragonrunner 232
•••
•••
•••