sanctification

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5135 Feb 8, 2013
What Sanctification Is Not!

'Sanctification' and 'Holiness' are the same word; in Greek -'Hagiasmos'. Most believers associate 'holiness' as walking without sin, something they are usually to achieve by their own efforts! They may not even realise this is what they are doing. However, trying to walk a holy walk by one's own efforts is an uphill struggle which is doomed to failure! Because of this, the majority would rather take an easier route, one of compromise and licence, often using weak excuses in an attempt to justify themselves. "Everyone does it these days" is commonly heard! Conversely, some sincerely try to uphold the biblical standard, introducing a puritanical form of Christianity holding little attraction, one of walking by the 'Law'(The 'Law' may be defined as the moral aspect of the Mosaic Law which shows us the behaviour which is acceptable to God.). Needing strong character, and much effort, this offer of the opportunity to do what is 'right' in the sight of God is usually declined. Those advocating compliance with the 'Law' can show a lack of compassion giving the impression that God's character is only one of severity, rather than of love.
Additionally, it would seem that there are many wrong understandings regarding what 'holiness' or 'sanctification' is and how to walk in it. We need to understand that our walk is not itself 'holiness'- our correct walk is a result of holiness. This is little understood. A holy man is not someone who has his eyes on his own whiteness but one who is personally and passionately devoted to the Lord who saved him. Holiness in behaviour is indicative that a believer has truly repented.
sanctification

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5136 Feb 8, 2013
However, few understand that from the first moment they are 'born again' they are already 'sanctified'-'made holy'- just one of many gifts that Jesus has won for His Church through His death and resurrection. It is through a lack of knowledge of our inheritance in Him that we are unable to actually appropriate this, making this spiritual reality effective in our everyday walk. So, not only does Jesus impart 'sanctification' to us He also provides the way to walk in it - by the Spirit. It is this 'good news' which is part of the 'gospel of the Kingdom of God', a gospel which is rarely preached and therefore, rarely understood and walked in.
What Is Sanctification?
Sanctification, or holiness, means 'separation unto God', the reality for believers into which God calls them, and also 'the conduct of those so separated.' So it is that a Christian does not attain sainthood - rather it is into 'sanctification' which God in grace calls men, "God, who has saved us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted to us in Christ Jesus from all eternity," (2 Tim. 1:9). Therefore, we are 'saints' or 'holy ones', whether we feel like it or not! The picture of the 'saint' which the religious Christian 'counterfeit' Church paints belies this amazing victory which Jesus has already won and imparted to those who are part of His Body, the Church. All believers are sanctified. It is part of what Jesus has already accomplished for us, for Jesus became [past tense] wisdom from God, and righteousness, and sanctification and redemption,(1 Cor. 1:30). We were [past tense] washed, we were [past tense] sanctified and justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of God,(11 Cor. 6:11). As 'saints' we are already holy; in Greek -'hagioi.' We are described figuratively, therefore, as a 'holy temple': "The temple of God is holy, and that is what you are," (1 Cor. 3:17). We are already a 'holy priesthood' and a 'holy nation': "You are [present tense] a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession." (2 Pet. 2:9 and verse 5). However, Scripture tells us that believers are also called to sanctify themselves, cleansing themselves from all defilement, forsaking sin, living a holy life: "As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, also be holy yourselves in all your behaviour because it is written,'You shall be holy, for I am Holy,'" (1 Pet. 1:14-16). This highest of standards is the one the Bible upholds, an impossible one to achieve if the 'way' to do this is by our own effort and in our strength alone. However, we will learn that Jesus also provides the 'way.'
real face of YESHUA

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5138 Feb 10, 2013
The History Channel revealed for the first time Tuesday night a new 3-D image that many believe to be the face of Christ, causing mixed reaction around the globe.

Artists and scientists studied the Shroud of Turin, a cloth that some say was wrapped around Jesus’ face when he died, to develop the image.

"If you want to re-create the face of Jesus and you want to get the actual face of Jesus, you have only one object and that’s the shroud," said computer artist Ray Downing of Studio Macbeth in New York City, which specializes in digital illustration and animation.

While some people said the image was "realistic" and what they imagined Christ looked like, others were not as certain.

"I find it questionable," one man told ABC News.

"I don’t think there should be any one face," a woman said.

Another man questioned whether the Shroud of Turin was real.

"I believe it is an accurate image of whoever the shroud belongs to, but it’s unclear if that shroud belongs to Jesus Christ," he said.

Others said they felt a spiritual connection to the image.

"I see love. I see compassion. I see my savior," said one woman who was at the Vatican when she saw the image.

The drive to create the image and the intense response to it are examples of the profound role that Jesus plays in so many lives.

"There’s a long tradition in Christian theology and Christian history of seeking the face of Christ, of wanting to know what he was like as a man," said the Rev. Jonathan Morris, a Catholic priest and author in New York City.

Finding Jesus’ Face
The centuries-old shroud contains a faint impression of the front and back of a human body, along with blood, dirt and water stains from its age.
searched found on december 2012--january 2013

Cutting-edge modern skills were required to pull an accurate flesh and blood face from a piece of fabric so old.

The year-long project culminated with a team of graphic artists using the newest technology to create a computer-generated image.

"I have a lot of information about that face and my estimation is we’re pretty darn close to what this man looked like," Downing, the lead artist, said.
real face of YESHUA

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5140 Feb 10, 2013
Debate Over Jesus Christ’s Resurrection—Miracle or Metaphor?
April 02, 2010 07:00 AM
by Mark E. Moran
As Christians prepare to celebrate one of the religion’s most important holidays, debate persists over evidence of Jesus Christ's resurrection.
Proving Christianity’s Core Belief

Belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after he died is one of Christianity’s key tenets. Throughout history believers and skeptics alike have sought physical evidence to support what the Bible says. Conversely, even some Christian scholars who adhere to Jesus' teachings believe that biblical reports of his resurrection were written metaphorically, and not meant literally.

One stout defense of the traditional Christian view comes from retired Dartmouth English professor Jeffrey Hart, who a year ago wrote an article for the Daily Beast titled,“10 Reasons the Resurrection Really Happened,” and then parried with commenters to the story.

Most of Hart's 10 reasons are based on the conclusions of scholar Ian Wilson’s 1978 book about the Shroud of Turin, believed by many to be Jesus’ burial cloth. One reason disputes a 1988 report that used carbon dating techniques to conclude that the Shroud of Turin dates to the medieval era, more than 1,000 years after the death of Jesus. Others have also attacked the validity of that report. The provenance of the shroud has been the subject of intense debate ever since reports of it first surfaced in the sixth century.
real face of YESHUA

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5141 Feb 10, 2013
In 2007, Discovery News reported that fresh scientific evidence indicated that a tomb in Jerusalem may have belonged to Jesus and his family. Discovery claimed that there were indications that he and Mary Magdalene may have had a son. The tomb was originally excavated in 1980, after a construction crew working on an apartment complex discovered the tomb. Of the 10 ossuaries,“or limestone bone boxes,” in the tomb, five were inscribed with the names Jesus, Mary, Matthew, Joseph and Mary Magdalene.

The report is not consistent with the life of Jesus as revealed in the New Testament. As with all discoveries of this nature, skeptics abound.
Background: Resurrection beliefs through the centuries
Debate over all aspects of Christ's life, death and beyond has raged for centuries. During a 2006 debate at Holy Cross College the moderator, Dr. William Shea, spoke about a 13th century debate in Spain between a Dominican friar and a Rabbi about whether Jesus was the messiah. Dr. Shea said that "the Rabbi won the debate, the Friar lost and Christians burned Jewish homes and businesses."

But in America, belief in Jesus' resurrection is prevalent. In 2007, the Washington Post reported that polls generally showed that “65 to 80 percent of Americans believe Jesus—body and soul—rose from the dead on Easter Sunday.” Around the world, the percentage of believers in the resurrection varies from country to country.

For instance, in Wales, a March 2008 survey by the think tank Theos showed that 35 percent of respondents believe Jesus physically rose from the dead, while 24 percent believe in a spiritual resurrection.
real face of YESHUA

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5142 Feb 10, 2013
The Shroud of Turin [BBC] Rageh Omaar travels over three continents, to investigate the Turin Shroud, from both a scientific and historic perspective. He talks with leading scientists, who have studied the Shroud extensively; most notably, John Jackson, who has made the study of the Shroud his life's work.
warn them all

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5143 Feb 10, 2013
"I, JESUS CHRIST, WILL COME TO JUDGE."

My dearly beloved daughter the Anti-Christ is preparing, already, his peace plan which he will introduce soon after the wars become widespread in the Middle East and when the pain and terrible anguish means there is no sign of hope.

Then he will appear suddenly and announce himself to the world as a man of peace, a bright jewel which will sparkle in the midst of darkness.

As he emerges he will be seen as one of the most charismatic political leaders of all time.

His handsome, appealing and caring personality will fool the majority of people.

He will exude love and compassion and will be seen to be Christian. In time he will draw many followers who will grow in their numbers so that he becomes like Me, the Messiah.

He will be seen to promote unity among all nations and he will be loved in almost every country in the world.

Then he will be seen to have supernatural skills. Many will believe that he has been sent by My Father and that he is Me, Jesus Christ, Savior of the World.

They will pray to him, love him, give up their lives for him and he will laugh and mock them when they cannot see him.

This will be the biggest deception of all time and the plan is to steal your souls, to take you away from Me.
warn them all

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5144 Feb 10, 2013
He and the False Prophet, who will sit like a King in the Seat of Peter, will secretly plot a one world religion.

This will appear to be a Christian type religion which promotes love. It will, however, not promote love of one another which comes from God. Instead it will promote love and allegiance to the Anti-Christ and love of oneself.

The abomination does not stop there for when they have seduced God’s children the attack will begin.

Suddenly all will be asked to accept the one world Mark of Allegiance. A united world which all men will have to partake in.

It will control your money, your access to food and how you live.

Rules, many of them, will mean that you will become prisoners. The key to your cell, which keeps you under their control, will be the Mark of the Beast.

666 will be embedded, its number hidden, into a chip which you will be forced to accept just as you would any vaccination.

Once embedded it will poison, not only your mind and soul, but your body. For it will cause a plague designed to wipe out much of the world’s population.
warn them all

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5145 Feb 10, 2013
You must not accept the Mark. Instead I will instruct you what to do.

Many will accept the Mark because they will feel helpless.

The Seal of the Living God, My Crusade Prayer (33) is your lifeline.

When you receive My Seal of Protection, given to you by My Eternal Father, you will not have to accept the Mark.

You will not be touched. Your home will not be seen, searched or a target for it will be rendered invisible in the eyes of Satan’s army.

You will need to keep food hidden which will last a few years. You will need to grow your own crops, store your own water and keep all Holy objects around you.

My Remnant Church will grow and spread out and you will be given shelter if it is needed.

Much planning is needed now.

Those who laugh at what you do, or say, surely Jesus would not ask you to do this? Does He not supply all His followers at their time of need?

Even one loaf and one fish can be multiplied. So it does not matter if you only have some food for I will protect you and you will be safe.

Pray hard for those souls who will be unable to avoid the Mark.

Those innocent souls will be saved who are in a state of grace at the time of being forced to accept the chip.
learn

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5146 Feb 10, 2013
Learning God’s names changes our thought life, which in turn will change our actions. Our actions become our habits, and our habits become our destiny. Thus, our very destiny is changed by learning His names. By leaning on His wisdom, His power, and His name’s authority, we live in a way that other people will want to emulate.

Our anointing becomes greater, because God’s names become greater in our lives. Soon you will find yourself growing to expect God to be true to Himself, to bear witness, as the Bible says, to His name. You will pray with faith and favor, believing that God is still truly God, and that He will answer your prayer. Your love for Him will be vindicated again and again, and His name will shine brightly over your life and circumstances. Where hope and expectancy collide, faith is the spiritual product. Hope in His name, expect Him to act according to His ways, and faith will be birthed in your life. Faith that God will be true to His name is the key to unlocking the whole realm of the miraculous.

If Christians began to truly believe in God’s names, and the acts and glory that come with them, the Church would quickly be revitalized. Healings would occur in massive numbers. Prophetic voices would spring up loudly and boldly. The lost would be saved like snow falling in the winter. God’s names are that powerful.

Our hope and expectancy have to touch at such a level that faith can be generated. That’s when miracles happen, because it creates a mixture irresistible to God and the glory of His name. Meditate on His names. Ponder them. Love them. Absorb them. Incorporate them into your life. Worship God with them. The more you do this, the more momentum you will gain spiritually. God wants to give you the power of His names—as long as your character proves that you will reciprocate by giving Him all the glory for it.

We are all partakers of the divine nature. Let us bear God’s names boldly and purely for the sake of His Kingdom, and the lost He dreams of saving.
greatness of God

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5147 Feb 10, 2013
Believing in God’s greatness

God is great, and the deepest forms of His greatness come in Spirit-to-spirit communication. These deep forms don’t happen any other way. We may think they are foolish when we first look at them, but through His Spirit, they come alive to us.

Many of us have the faith that God can heal a cold. We may also believe He can heal the flu and that once in a while, He will even heal cancers, and that is strange and wonderful to us.

But few of us have the faith that He will heal “bigger” ailments, such as deformities. We have a much harder time accepting that possibility. However, when we pray for people who have deformities, we should expect them to be healed, if for no other reason than that is what God told us He would do:“He was bruised for our iniquities”(Isaiah 53:5). He took on the visage of being beaten and misshapen, so that our deformities could be healed.

Our healing has already been paid for. The cost of it has already been laid down. It is ours, but if we don’t believe it is ours, we won’t walk in it.
Understanding what God has done

Hosea wrote,“‘My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge’”(Hosea 4:6). If we do not understand all of what God has done for us, can we partake and receive the full benefit of it? Will we be healed if we don’t believe that God can or will do it? I would say probably not, because stepping into what God has done for us requires faith. Healing is often like salvation; Christ died for us, but until we ask for His salvation, we aren’t saved. It is there, but it isn’t ours yet. We have to ask for it, and it comes only by faith.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the evil one (1 John 3:8)— not just the evil of demonization, illness, disease and infirmity, but the work of everything that is contrary to His Kingdom. What are you facing today that is contrary to His Kingdom? He has already cleared the way for you to walk out of the prison you find yourself in. This is true each and every time.

The provision has been made for us, but understanding this truth takes an intense change of mindset, because the prison is not a physical place: It is the mind. As long as we are convinced that God’s healing is limited, we are never going to walk in the full power of His glory. It will sit there waiting for us, right outside the door. We have to believe that the provision was made, and then we have to accept it and live as if it’s true. Make the decision to step into it today.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#5149 Feb 10, 2013
real face of YESHUA wrote:
The Shroud of Turin [BBC] Rageh Omaar travels over three continents, to investigate the Turin Shroud, from both a scientific and historic perspective. He talks with leading scientists, who have studied the Shroud extensively; most notably, John Jackson, who has made the study of the Shroud his life's work.
True faith is based on accurate knowledge.

Did you know that in addition to the shroud of Turin that there are at least 40 other shrouds all being claimed to be the actual shroud of Jesus?

How do we decide which one of these shrouds is genuine if any?

And which of the many splinters claimed to be from the cross are genuine?

When you reject the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel as the Roman hoax of Christianity has done, you feel the need for miraculous artifacts to prove the existence of your god.

But when you accept the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel at the heart of the teachings of the historical Jesus, you need no artifacts. The existence of GOD is self evident and the evidence is all around you:

Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

"10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

that's all. Be still. learn to quite the constant chatter of your mind and become aware of what is all around you.

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
praise n thank the Lord

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5150 Feb 10, 2013
bless the Jews
God bless us all with good health, safe, alive, longlife,,,,
Yeshua came

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5152 Feb 15, 2013
Jesus came to destroy the works of the evil one (1 John 3:8)— not just the evil of demonization, illness, disease and infirmity, but the work of everything that is contrary to His Kingdom. What are you facing today that is contrary to His Kingdom? He has already cleared the way for you to walk out of the prison you find yourself in. This is true each and every time.
set captives free

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5153 Feb 15, 2013
Our healing has already been paid for. The cost of it has already been laid down. It is ours....

“‘My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge’”(Hosea 4:6). If we do not understand all of what God has done for us, can we partake and receive the full benefit of it? Will we be healed if we don’t believe that God can or will do it? I would say probably not, because stepping into what God has done for us requires faith. Healing is often like salvation; Christ died for us, but until we ask for His salvation, we aren’t saved. It is there, but it isn’t ours yet. We have to ask for it, and it comes only by faith.
set captives free

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5154 Feb 15, 2013
Spirit to Spirit

The men and women who have the greatest influence are those with the greatest depth of listening skill. They don’t listen for their own good, to gain something for themselves—they listen to help others get where they are going. They see others according to where they will be, not solely according to where they are now.

This is called empathetic listening, and it causes eternal change in a person’s soul. The Holy Spirit will drive us to listen to people in this way, because that is how He listens to us. It is also how He wants us to listen to Him. It is Spirit-to-spirit communication (1 Corinthians 2:9–13). The deep things of God are not understood through human reasoning but through the spirit—from His Spirit to ours.

As we begin to see others in light of where they are going versus where they are, we display God’s mercy. This doesn’t mean we overlook weaknesses and practice the type of human grace that allows sin to flourish in a person’s heart. It means we choose to love others as God loves them and respond as He would respond.
set captives free

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5155 Feb 15, 2013
We must be holy, because this is the only proof that we love the Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. This is a point on which He has spoken most plainly, in the fourteenth and fifteenth chapters of John. "If ye love Me, keep my commandments."-"He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me."-"If a man love Me he will keep my words."-"Ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you" (John 14:15, 21, 23; 15:14)
be set free

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5156 Feb 15, 2013
Learning God’s names changes our thought life, which in turn will change our actions. Our actions become our habits, and our habits become our destiny. Thus, our very destiny is changed by learning His names. By leaning on His wisdom, His power, and His name’s authority...

Our anointing becomes greater, because God’s names become greater in our lives. Soon you will find yourself growing to expect God to be true to Himself, to bear witness, as the Bible says, to His name. You will pray with faith and favor, believing that God is still truly God, and that He will answer your prayer. Your love for Him will be vindicated again and again, and His name will shine brightly over your life and circumstances. Where hope and expectancy collide, faith is the spiritual product. Hope in His name, expect Him to act according to His ways, and faith will be birthed in your life. Faith that God will be true to His name is the key to unlocking the whole realm of the miraculous.

If Christians began to truly believe in God’s names, and the acts and glory that come with them, the Church would quickly be revitalized. Healings would occur in massive numbers. Prophetic voices would spring up loudly and boldly. The lost would be saved like snow falling in the winter. God’s names are that powerful....!!!!!!
be set free

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#5157 Feb 16, 2013
Alpha-lipoic acid is also used to treat eye-related disorders, such as damage to the retina, cataracts, glaucoma, and an eye disease called Wilson’s disease.

How does it work?

Alpha-lipoic acid seems to help prevent certain kinds of cell damage in the body, and also restores vitamin levels such as vitamin E and vitamin C. There is also evidence that alpha-lipoic acid can improve the function and conduction of neurons in diabetes.

Alpha-lipoic acid is used in the body to break down carbohydrates and to make energy for the other organs in the body.

Alpha-lipoic acid seems to work as an antioxidant, which means that it might provide protection to the brain under conditions of damage or injury. The antioxidant effects might also be helpful in certain liver diseases.
hidden camera of GOD

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#5158 Feb 16, 2013
God’s Hidden Camera

Imagine that you are an employer who has a favorite employee. That employee arrives early each day, leaves late, works hard, and is well liked by your other employees.

However, one day you have hidden cameras installed in your business, and to your horror, you witness your star employee conceal a company-owned item under his jacket, take it outside, and, after looking left and right, place it in his car trunk. Do you think to yourself, Ah, well, he’s still a great employee. He just has a small flaw. I’ll overlook it?

No, suddenly your entire opinion of your star employee changes. Now, all of his previous good points are seen in a different light. Now you begin to wonder why he comes in early and leaves late. Is it so he can steal from the company when fewer people are around? Is it to make you think more highly of him so you won’t be suspicious of him when certain items are discovered missing? Now that you know his true character, all his good works are exposed as evil. That’s how God sees every hypocrite. That’s how God views the second man in the previous story. His inconsistency reveals his true character. He’s not a Christian with a minor flaw. He’s a hypocrite who is entirely corrupt. His good deeds don’t offset his one minor flaw; rather, they are a damning revelation of just how evil and selfish he is.

One who has been truly born again is indwelt by God’s Spirit and is progressively made holy as he cooperates with the Spirit. He will not lead a double life. Certainly he may stumble at times and sin. But that is not his consistent behavior. His life is primarily characterized by obedience to the God whom he loves all the time. As the apostle John wrote:“No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God”(1 John 3:9). The new birth is the beginning of a new life of holiness. And as the true Christian learns more of God’s will, he is transformed more and more to be like Jesus (see Rom. 12:2).

Contrariwise, the one who has experienced only a counterfeit conversion does many things at home and abroad that he would never do at church or in the company of other Christians. His moral principles are patterned not after what God says but by what the world says, and the world’s standards are on an ever-downward spiral. That is why the counterfeit Christian habitually does what would have appalled even non-Christians just a few decades ago. Case in point: Today, multitudes of professing Christians don’t even flinch at the worst obscenity, profanity, violence and perversion portrayed in motion pictures—what would have shocked non-Christians in the not-to-distant past. Some nationally-recognized Christian leaders even recommend such films, as long as they contain some “redeeming” moral theme, such as courage, honor, or self-sacrifice!

True Christians are motivated to be holy because they’ve been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and because they love God. On the other hand, what motivates counterfeit Christians to be as moral as they are is their own self-interest, the same thing that motivates non-Christians to be as moral as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 838,993
The Racism List: For Adult Actresses and Adult ... 15 min stemaxgizmo 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min Truth Doctor 4,453
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Robert F 590,323
Little Rock Arkansas being overrun with blacks 27 min stemaxgizmo 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Rick in Kansas 271,346
Samantha luna loya 38 min stemaxgizmo 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 99,997
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Tue Finley 31
More from around the web