mid men

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4369 Jan 2, 2013
~~we’re His middlemen, so to speak — the bridge He has chosen to work through.

~~In order for incense to function properly, it requires fire. Incense burns. In other words, God gives us the unction to pray; He starts the fire within us, and we respond by praying His desires back to Him.

~~Prayer begins in the heart of God and then eventually returns there — but only after it has mingled with us, which makes it even more valuable to Him. Salt was one of the ingredients to be mixed with the spices, and we are the salt of the Earth.
mid men

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4370 Jan 2, 2013
MATCHING YOUR THOUGHTS TO GOD’S THOUGHTS
God loves us more than we could ever comprehend. His affection for us is greater than anything we could ever hope for. The Law of Geographic Anointing is one of many principles and laws in Scripture that boldly declare that truth. But when it comes down to it, many of us have a hard time balancing what God says about us and what we believe about ourselves.

I spent two years in such a state of heaviness that all I could do was sit in my office. I dreaded the phone calls asking me to come and speak. Whenever I stood behind a pulpit, the Holy Spirit would come upon me and anoint me in incredible ways. Amazing things would happen. But when I walked away from the pulpit, the anointing would lift, and I would spiral back into my abysmal office sitting, unable to do anything productive and wincing every time the phone rang.

In that time of darkness, the Lord dealt with me concerning this whole issue of how I thought about myself. He told me,“I want you to start praying and writing down what I say in Scripture.”

This instruction is so simple and its effects are so profound. I have come to understand that all the promises written in His Word personally apply to me. They are equally applicable to you. The Law of Geographic Anointing is working in your life as much as it worked in Abraham’s life or Moses’ life. Why? Because He has excellent plans for you, just as He had for them; you are important to Him, and in the same breath, you play an important role in His plans.
mid men

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4371 Jan 2, 2013
REMEMBERING HIS WORD

If you are unsure of who you are and where God is leading you, do what God told me to do—pray His Word and write down His Word.

Sit with your Father and go through Scripture. Write down the verses that jump out at you and ask Him why your heart stirs as you read them—what He is saying to you through them. We cannot come in contact with God’s living Word and fail to experience some sort of change.

This incredible God we serve designed you for this day, for this era of enigma; He designed you to be a solution in a time of quandary and to have faith when others are struggling. You are where you are for a reason, and whether or not your emotions agree with this, God is with you.

He will do everything He promised. He will bring you into the land of your anointing, and someday when you look back on your life, you will find that every step of the road was saturated with His faithfulness.

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;

The Lord will give grace and glory;

No good thing will He withhold

From those who walk uprightly.
— Psalm 84:11
middlemen

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4372 Jan 2, 2013
When we are filled with God’s presence, people who don’t know Him go out of their way to find out what is different about us. They see hope for change in us, and they want to know how this is possible and how it works.“What is this that you have, and can I have it, too?”

The presence of God is a huge attractant. People are not attracted to us because of who we are; their responses are not necessarily based on the good decisions we have made or the great men and women of God who have taught us. They simply pick up on God’s presence within us.

RADIATING HIS LIGHT

God’s presence is like a magnet. My greatest joy doesn’t come when I stand behind a pulpit and speak at a church or conference. My greatest joy comes when I walk through a busy mall or airport, and someone who does not know me comes up to me and says,“Would you pray for me?” Or,“Can I talk to you about something? I know I need to talk to you.” That tells me God is with me to an extent that people who do not know Him can recognize Him in me.

I ask the Lord to help me radiate His light so that people will see His light in me and His presence in me will attractthem to Him. In everything I do and say, I try to propel people into a place where the world sees them and experiences this sense of, There is something about this person that I need. Those seekers then discover that they are seeing God manifested in His family.

THE VISIBILITY OF GOD

We serve an unlimited God, an infinite God, which means that no matter where we are in this journey with Him, there is so much more of Him left to discover. His greatness knows no boundary.

If our coming to God included nothing beyond the salvation of our souls, that would be enough. Salvation is wonderful, and nothing beats everlasting life! However, much more exists in God than what the Church as a whole is walking in right now. In Romans 5:10, Paul writes:

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

In essence, Paul is saying,“With the presence of God in you, you can live a life that is so much greater than the life you are currently living.”

Salvation is radical in and of itself, but it is just thebeginning of the Christian life. As we pick up the cross and follow Him, seek after His righteousness and experience the various principles of Jesus’ life, our own lives become so much better — and God becomes more and more visible within us.

If we think that salvation is “it,” we still get to Heaven, but the impact and quality of our lives on earth are so different than what they could have been. We are called to be salt and light on this earth — to be recognizably different. People should be able to look at us and see the signature of God written across our foreheads.
middlemen

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4373 Jan 2, 2013
SEEK HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS
How can we begin to access God’s light the way Moses accessed His light (Exodus 34:29)? It takes seeking His righteousness — not just His Kingdom (His power) but Hisrighteousness as well (Matthew 6:33). It is not flippant Christianity; it is purposeful, presence-driven Christianity. It is His life in us changing us to such a degree that we emanate who He is because He holds every cell in our bodies together. He is the glue.

As we seek His righteousness, we learn how to respond to people. We learn how to walk in authority and power. We learn when to say things and when not to say things. We learn when to encourage. We learn when God is rescuing someone and when God is not rescuing someone because He is trying to get that person’s attention. We learn the difference between God creating a crisis andman creating a crisis. We learn all those things and many more; they are called the ways of God.

There is so much more to this Christian life than what we currently experience — so much more. That will always be the case. So I urge you to seek more of the Lord’s presence. Let His righteousness define you and seep into your bones. He wants to do something on this earth, and you are one of the people He has chosen for the task. As He fills you more and more, you can expect the unbelievers around you to recognize His presence within you and say,“This is what I have been searching for.”
middlemen

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4374 Jan 2, 2013
God is not separate from what He does. Everything He does speaks of Him. His every action declares His name and nature. This means that we can look at our circumstances, both good and bad, and expect to see a deeper meaning within them:

What is God’s heart in this? What does this situation, or the remedy to this situation, reveal about the Father? What is God saying? What is He declaring about Himself?

Knowing God’s ways is the same as knowing God, and it is one step deeper than knowing “about” God. We need to know His ways so that we won’t be bowled over and crushed by circumstances that bring us pain.

We can do several things to expand our understanding of why God does what He does. In this article, I want to highlight two steps in particular: We can study His Word, and we can pray His Word.

STUDY HIS WORD
I spend about an hour a day just studying the Bible. I do this seven days a week, 365 days a year.

To study God’s Word in depth, we don’t study it verse by verse alone, as if each piece were a separate entity. Yes, God can certainly speak through individual verses; however, when we study His Word in context, we begin to understand His ways and heart at a much deeper level.

To learn more of God’s ways, the very best place we can go is the narrative of the Old Testament. For example, as the Lamb of God, Jesus is portrayed in the sacrificial system found in Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers. If we dig a little deeper, we can even find reference to Him in the Garden of Eden when God sacrificed an animal to cover Adam and Eve’s sin. The types and shadows displayed in the Old Testament are unfolded in the New Testament, and they show us God’s ways — why He does what He does.

PRAY HIS WORD
An excellent way for us to become more familiar with God’s mind and heart is to meditate while we pray.

For example, as I read the Word of God, I often read it in the way it would apply to me — that is, I pray His Word and put myself in it. This makes it much more personal to me, and it gives me a clearer picture of what God is doing:

You are gracious and full of compassion toward me.
You are slow to anger and great in mercy toward me.
You are good to me.
Your tender mercies are over me.
You have redeemed me from the enemy’s hand.
You deliver me out of my distresses.
Declarations such as these have a powerful impact on our ability to see God as He is — to know His ways.

WHY SHOULD WE KNOW GOD’S WAYS?
What is the purpose of your life’s journey? Are you trying just to make it to your next paycheck, or are you living with your eyes and ears open to the movement of God’s hand and the sound of His voice? Are you looking to see Him in your circumstances?

Life is all about God and His ways. As we begin to understand why He does what He does, this “journey” takes on new meaning. We begin to see our lives the way God sees them. More importantly, we begin to understand His heart, and as this occurs, we find ourselves experiencing the “life more abundant” that Jesus talks about.
greatest joy

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4375 Jan 2, 2013
God’s presence is like a magnet..... My greatest joy doesn’t come when I stand behind a pulpit and speak at a church or conference. My greatest joy comes when I walk through a busy mall or airport, and someone who does not know me comes up to me and says,“Would you pray for me?” Or,“Can I talk to you about something? I know I need to talk to you.” That tells me God is with me to an extent that people who do not know Him can recognize Him in me.
a fool for God

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4376 Jan 2, 2013
.......... If you are going to move in the prophetic, then you must be willing to be made a fool for Christ. Does that sound familiar? Have you ever done something that you thought you heard God tell you to do? You must be willing to make mistakes. You will learn what not to do through experience. That is the price..........
prophets enjoy

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4377 Jan 2, 2013
~~PROPHETS enjoy rooting out, pulling down and

destroying all spiritual opposition that gets in the way

of the plans and purpose of God. We need to listen to

what the Holy Spirit is saying to the Church, not just

what the Spirit hath said. We need the freshness of

prophetic revelation, that life-giving rhema that comes

through the prophet’s gift. Without that refreshing we

die a boring religious death and are not spiritually

relatable to our generation. We all need the prophetic

voice to come into the earth that we might have a “living

Word” imparted into our lives.~~

selah!
ability

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4378 Jan 2, 2013
~~A prophet has the ability to bring the anointing presence of God into a meeting. You know why?

~~Because a prophet has the ability to move into the throne room very quickly.

~~And when you move into the throne room you begin to communicate down where your body is, while your spirit is there, and you begin to communicate outwards into the very place that you are. You begin to communicate outwards the very presence of God.

Using Music

~~Prophets can use music and singing to release the power of God, and I have yet to meet a prophet who doesn't have some ability in this area.

~~ I don't care if you can't sing well. I don't care if you're not much of a musician.

~~There is just something about the prophetic ministry that leads you into expressing and releasing the anointing of God through music and singing and worship.

~~You might start just by walking around and singing in tongues. You'll be amazed how you can sing in key just by singing in tongues. It doesn't really matter. You don't even know what you're singing. You don't understand the words you're singing and you can go up and down the scales and change the notes as much as you like. It doesn't matter.

~~You are creating a harmony in spirit, soul and body which releases the anointing power of God.

That's a subject all on it's own and we're going to cover it some time, but music has the ability to bring resonance in the soul. Music is the only thing that has the ability to take your mind and your emotions and your will, and bring them to flow all together in harmony at the same time, in tune with your spirit. And your whole spirit, soul and body begin to vibrate with the very power of God. And His glory begins to come upon you and begins to radiate forth from you as you begin to move into that. It's a powerful subject.
bonafide

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4379 Jan 2, 2013
When a prophet walks into a room, his presence is always felt. The prophetic anointing operating through a bona fide prophet charges and changes the atmosphere.

Like the Apostle Paul, wherever they go, they either start a riot or a revival, because their anointing is such a strong threat to the forces of hell, satanic strongholds, and the status-quo.

I say again, prophets are quintessentially change agents.

Genuine Prophets are provokers.

They are constantly provoking people to good works and continual advancement.

The prophetic perspective and personality is well captured in the quotation Ted Kennedy, in his emotional eulogy of his slain brother, said that Bobby often quoted:“Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.”

These characteristics are what make prophets so needed in many ecclesiastical institutions and ministries, and entrepreneurial enterprises as well, and worth their weight in gold.

People with a prophetic personality are advancement agents. They will keep whatever entity they are involved with moving in the direction of new things and constant improvement and advancement.

They prefer evolution, but in places where, for whatever reasons, that has not been occurring, they will initiate revolution!

They are relentless motivators of movement. They’re going to move something, or somebody! And, if you refuse to move in the direction of advancement they are motivating you towards, they will move — over, on, and away, and find someone who will! They can’t help it! That’s who they are!
true leaders

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4380 Jan 2, 2013
In the Church, we erroneously “anoint,” appoint, and “knight” some people “leaders,” who are not leaders at all. The word “lead” implies movement.

A true leader is a visionary, and thus a motivator.
He has an internal vision of where he wants to go, and he motivates others to get on the bus and go with him. They are forward-thinking; always looking into the future to new vistas of advancement.

Many people in the ministry, including those who are the chief leaders of churches and ecclesiastical organizations are not really leaders, because their mindset and modus operandi does not fit the definition of a leader, and I don’t mean that in a pejorative or critical way.

They are really managers, and managers are very much needed. But, managers are just that, they manage what already exists, what’s there now, the status quo.

They are caretakers. They will take good care of what is there now and manage it well, but they are right now where they are always going to be.

A manager-type will never advance the organization toward new horizons and into new territory, because he is incapable of seeing it. Vision is not his forte.

Now, every entrepreneur-type needs good managers. But, manager-types make terrible entrepreneurs, because the entity under their leadership will eventually die because it failed to continue to advance and was not forward-thinking.
true leaders

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4381 Jan 2, 2013
Accountants, for example, are great at accounting for what you have obtained, but someone who has strictly an accountant mentality, will never advance the entity because advancement involves risk and adventure, and accountant-types think in terms of safety, security, and the known. Risk and adventure scare them to death.

Entrepreneurial-types, on the other hand, give about as much thought to risk and adventure as they do breathing. Both types have their upsides and their downsides. Now, when entrepreneurial-types connect and partner together in tandem on an enterprise, the result is generally success!

Prophets are spiritual entrepreneurial-types.

If the manager-types leading our churches and ecclesiastical institutions would begin to recognize the critical need for the spiritual entrepreneurial mindset that prophet-types bring to the entities they lead, and begin to “receive a prophet in the name of a prophet,” not trying to “quench the Spirit” by resisting the unique ways He operates through the prophetic personality, gift, and office, but actually “receive the reward (benefit)” of the prophet’s ministry, then the Church would begin to see an unprecedented dimension of “success” in the accomplishment of the purposes and plans of God!

And, that is precisely where God is taking us in the new dimensions that lie ahead.

New, advanced concinnity among Fivefold Ministers is the only thing that will bring the ultimate fulfillment of the Ephesians Four Objective —“a (singular) mature (spiritually perfect) man, according to the measure of the stature of Christ!”

The results of that Spirit-produced concinnity will exceed by light years anything the most advanced “church growth” concepts ever conceived in the mind of men could possibly ever achieve.
God reveals His secrets

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4382 Jan 2, 2013
Another reason prophets are the quintessential change-agents is because of some things God Himself declared in His Word concerning prophets that distinguish their ministry from all others.

One is found in Amos 3:7, where God declares that He does nothing without first revealing His secret counsel to His servants the prophets.

As indicated in the passages of Scripture quoted at the outset concerning the “new things” God does, He always brings forth those new things by declaring it, decreeing it, first, and prophets are His special messengers He uses as His spokesmen to declare and decree those things.

And, again, because prophets are seers, they are going to see and know the “new things” God is declaring and decreeing before the vast majority of the rest of the Body of Christ.

The “secret counsel” God shows prophets also includes new strategies He wants to reveal to churches and ministries that will enable them to destroy strongholds and defeat “the schemes of the devil”(literally, strategic battle plans) he has been perpetrating in their geographic territories in which they operate and assigned spiritual spheres that have been heretofore precluding advancement and vanquishing of the enemy.

If the leadership of churches and ministries really understood the ministry of the prophet, they would be doing all they could to seek out the true, tried, tested, and Spirit-trained, prophets who God has anointed to speak into the atmosphere and the heavenlies to decree change and to reveal the secret counsel of God that will enable those churches and ministries to fully comprehend and apprehend the purposes and plans of God for those believers in their sphere of operation.

Let us pray that God emblazons this critical need for the blinders to come off the spiritual eyes of leaders around the world upon the hearts of every believer throughout the world called to intercession. For the need is so great and the hour is so late.
God s Change agent

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4383 Jan 2, 2013
The following is a prophetic word that the Lord gave me concerning the matter of the unique anointing and ministry of the prophet.

~~~ In this hour the cloud of My Spirit is moving in a different manner than in times past. I am restoring the ministry of the Prophet to My Church. I am building My Church.These two work in tandem — the pillar of fire (Revelation and Purity in Truth and Doctrine) in the darkness and the cloud of My very Presence (My Glory) by day.I shall reveal more of myself in this coming Glory. I shall release more of My Glory unto the perception of the eyes of men. They shall see more of Me. I shall do it through the revelation which has been stored up and hidden until now, revelation which can only be revealed by My Holy Apostles and Prophets. They can see it. They shall reveal it. Teachers cannot reveal it. Pastors cannot reveal it. Evangelists cannot reveal it. They had not been anointed or appointed unto this work. It is reserved for this time and for My Holy Prophets.~~~
burning bush

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4386 Jan 2, 2013
The burning bush is THE REAL SYMBOL of the Jewish Nation and not the Star of David. The Star of David (so called) is definitely from pagan origins and is not approved by God Almighty in the scriptures.

Who knows? Maybe when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom He will present a NEW FLAG for Israel - with A BURNING BUSH on it AS A REMINDER to His people that HE LOVED THEM AND PRESERVED THEM THROUGHOUT THE AGES AS A NATION.
A Call For Thought Purity

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4387 Jan 2, 2013
THE MIND'S BATTLE FOR THE RIGHT
Living the Christian life involves a daily battle. The Apostle Paul spoke of the great conflict that raged within him. He says in Romans 7:23, "I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." On the one hand, his mind was bombarded with solicitations to evil; on the other hand, there was the appeal of the Spirit of God, seeking to bring Paul's mind under God's authority.

One method for defeating evil of any kind, is to run away from it. The Bible says, "Let everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (2 Timothy 2:19). And again, "Flee youthful lusts" (2 Timothy 2:22). When Joseph was tempted by Potiphar's wife, he fled and got away (Genesis 39:12).

One way to conquer evil thoughts, is to stay away from situations that can stimulate wrong thinking and provide easy occasions to sin.

Another means of achieving victory over evil thoughts, is to intentionally occupy the mind with wholesome things in order to drive out the flood of evil that tries to enter. The devil walks about looking for vacancies in our minds and seeks to make entry.

When evil thoughts pop into our minds, we must make it a practice to immediately deal with it. Must be alert to watch and pray. We must over and over again reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to God.

We cannot keep a bird from flying over our heads, but we can keep it from building a nest in our hair.

(Isa 26:3) Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4388 Jan 2, 2013
An older proverb says, "You are not what you think you are, but you are what you think." The statement is not merely an ancient proverb, but it is also a Bible truth. The Bible states that as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).

Satan attacks all of us in many ways, but perhaps his most vigorous assault is brought to bear upon our thought lives. Satan knows that what we think, eventually makes us what we are. He knows that our thoughts often lead to actions-and so he works on our thought lives. Each of us is responsible for what he welcomes into his mind.

THE MIND'S CAPACITY FOR EVIL
The Apostle Paul was keenly aware of the capacity of the mind for evil thoughts. One may dwell upon lustful thoughts, wrong thoughts about some member of the opposite sex. Another may seethe in his mind with jealousy and envy toward other people. Still others are consumed with pride and with high thoughts about themselves. The "works of the flesh" in Galatians 5 is a long list of sins-many of which are sins of the mind.

The mind can easily be covered up (at least for a while), and so the mind is difficult to capture for Christ.

We can retreat within the walls of our minds, and think about things that are known only to ourselves and God-they eventually do come out into the open.

In the European country of Italy nearly 2,000 years ago, there was a thriving town called Pompeii. It was nestled on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius. One man who lived in Pompeii painted filthy pictures on the walls of one of the rooms of his house. He normally kept the door to that room shut. He thought no one would ever know. But in 79 A.D., Mt. Vesuvius erupted and buried the town of Pompeii. And in more recent years archaeologists began to uncover the city, and they found houses just as the owners had left them. The house with the bad pictures was discovered, and today, those who tour Pompeii find that the guide keeps the door to that room locked so that people will not walk in accidentally, and become embarrassed. His thoughts came out into the open.

The greatest area of sin in the believer's life is not usually in the area of actions, but in the arena of the thought life. Pride, for example, is a sin of the mind. And so is lust and suspicion and discouragement. These are all sins of the mind.

Most of us would not want the thoughts that have gone through our minds during the past month to be flashed on a screen in front of a room for all to see. It could be kind of embarrassing, and perhaps even frightening.

The secret thoughts, however, that pop into our heads are not really an accurate barometer of our spiritual condition. It is what a person continues to think about, and what he delights in-that tells more accurately what he is and where he stands spiritually.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4389 Jan 2, 2013
THE MIND'S OCCUPATION WITH THE GOOD

The mind is like a garden which can grow beauty or it can grow ugliness. It can produce flowers or it can bring forth weeds. It must be tended with care and with diligence.

It must be disciplined by conscious exercise. The mind must be exercised like the body-thinking on good and wholesome things.

The Bible says in Philippians 2:5, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." We must cultivate spiritual thinking, and the Scriptures give a list of worthy objects that we ought to be thinking about. The list is recorded in Philippians 4:8.

"Whatever things are true"-that is, reliable, in agreement with fact; the opposite of lying and deception. We must never let our minds dwell on every piece of gossip we hear,

"Whatever things are pure"-that is, free from anything that is tainted. Purity speaks especially about chastity in the realm of sexual relationships. It is very hard to live through a single day in our society without having the mind bombarded with sex in some kind of distorted form. Unclean thinking is stimulated by abbreviated dress, obscene pictures, and dirty stories. For this reason, the follower of Christ does not attend the movies, he carefully censors his reading material, and he avoids participating in a joke that is not noble and pure. Most television programs and television commercials are not acceptable to him. Whatever things are pure, think on these things.

"Whatever things are lovely"-that is, things that are beautiful, winsome, and pleasing. "Lovely things" are the opposite of the ugly and bizarre.

We should think of things that call forth admiration-incidents of faithfulness and courage and loyalty. Paul Harvey, on a news broadcast, sometimes tells of a marriage that lasted 60 or even 70 years. That is a "lovely" kind of report to hear. By way of contrast, television programs and magazine and newspaper articles that emphasize stories about wife-swapping, child abuse, lesbianism, and crude violence-are ugly things that are the opposite of that which is lovely.
Ants Go To Picnics

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4390 Jan 2, 2013
The great King Solomon on two occasions has called our attention to the little ant that we might profit thereby. In Proverbs 6:6 he wrote, "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise." Later on in the same book he wrote, "The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Proverbs 30:25.

Since this wise and good King has recommended that we go to school to the ant, let us do so for a while. I am sure it will be delightfully interesting.
Someone has said that, "The ant is the busiest creature in the world but she has time to attend every picnic." Have you not noticed how quickly the ants find the food? Not only do they hunt up every picnic but they seem to seek out every pantry. They like jelly and jam.

They rejoice in sugar and syrup and are not easily kept from entering. They are most assiduous and arduous in all their labors. They are diligent and vigilant in seeking out their food. They seem to be tireless in their labors. They "work while 'tis day," and stay home at nights as all good children should do.

I took Solomon's admonition quite seriously one day and so journeyed out to the Park with the family for a picnic, taking along a magnifying glass. After sufficient search, I found a tiny path through the grass which had been made by the ants. Lying down beside the path I waited for Mrs. Ant to appear. You see, all the ants that go to picnics are females. It is a case of "let the women do the work."

The male ants remain down in the ground, taking care of the babies and doing the housework. Of course, Solomon never had to do it, he had plenty of helpers. I did not have long to wait until a lovely little lady ant came ambling along the path, seeking her supper. I quickly placed a chunk of bread down at the edge of the path and my little visitor soon found it.

Taking as much as she could carry, she started back along the path going home with her precious burden. Another ant soon met her and I was delighted to observe what followed the meeting. The first ant laid down her piece of bread and with her front feet she gently touched the body of the second ant imparting to her in some way the good news about the location of her great "find." To my astonishment the second ant made no effort to seize the piece of bread which the first ant had deposited on the ground.

As ant number two loaded up with bread and started back along the trail, I watched both of them. Each time the performance was repeated and each time the bit of bread on the ground was unmolested. What a lesson this is to our hearts. Chickens, or dogs, or pigs, will quickly grasp any bit of food laid down by another, and will run off with it.

The ant knows no such impudence. She respects the rights of others. She admits the propriety of ownership. They disclaim all selfishness. As the ants journeyed home bearing the precious burden, they told so many about their "find" that soon a stream of ants was on the journey, and before long all the piece of bread was stored safely away in their ground homes for the winter. So God's good Gospel has spread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 817,175
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 578,656
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 24 min stemaxgizmo 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min lisw 176,194
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min bacon hater 97,962
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min LAWEST100 609,731
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 269,991
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web