bless the jews
health

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4237 Dec 30, 2012
......."biotin" is a B vitamin which is very important for the metabolism. Biotin acid supplements are often used in weight loss programs. This vitamin is necessary for producing energy and metabolizing proteins and fats.
~~~~~~~~~~

What about biotin? Biotin prevents non-harmful yeast from becoming harmful and invasive.

Biotin is the weapon in our hand. Biotin taken in the amount of at least 5 (or more) Milligram daily will cut the transformation cycle from the yeast to the fungus form. In normal health,(a low sugar diet), a primary source of Biotin is the healthy bacteria in the intestinal tract. Because these are often compromised by a Candida Albicans overgrowth, candida sufferers are particularly prone to a Biotin deficiency.

From "Candida, The Symptoms, The Causes, The Cure" by Dr. Luc DeShepper, "in order....to avoid the spreading to the bloodstream, and thus giving the opportunity for the yeast cells to invade almost all of the organs, the interruption of the vicious cycle by supplementation of at least 5 milligrams of biotin daily is a must and a priority."

Biotin is so cheap and readily available, I take 5 mg with each meal and bedtime. Yes, I feel better! If I keep feeling better, I may never die! This link is a google search for biotin and candida Albicans.

==========
personal holiness unlock

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4238 Dec 30, 2012
Personal Holiness: Unlocking the Door to Effective Prayer

Partnering With God In Prayer

By David Butts

HOLINESS – it is a subject that seems to have been lost in the shuffle at the end of the second millennium. It has been forgotten in light of the fact that most of us aren’t living holy lives and have, therefore, very little to say to others about holiness.

Why am I talking about holiness as related to prayer? For too long I have focused on giving people the tools to pray better and more effectively, not realizing that without holiness, prayers can go unanswered. This is not telling God what He can’t do...He can do whatever He wants. Instead, it is recognizing that God normally does not answer the prayers of those who are not making every effort to walk in holiness. God Himself lays it out for us very clearly in His Word:

"If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened." (Psalm 66:18)

"Your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2)

"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob." (Psalm 24:3-6)

God not only commands us to be holy, but He has provided for us a way to holiness which leaves us without excuse. We cannot blame our society or culture for our unholiness. Believers in New Testament times were in a society as immoral as can be imagined...yet were taught and expected to be holy. Listen to the commands of God’s unchanging Word:

"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." (2 Cor. 7:1)

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." (Heb. 12:14)

"But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written:‘Be holy, because I am Holy.’" (I Pet. 1:15-16)

"Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives." (2 Pet. 3:11)
"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life." (I Thess. 4:7)
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship." (Rom. 12:1)

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight." (Eph. 1:4)
personal holiness unlock

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4239 Dec 30, 2012
Regardless of our skills or lack of skills in prayer, we will not become a mighty people of prayer until we begin to develop a passion for the holy life – until we will not settle for "good enough" but strive to be like Jesus.

I believe the Scriptures we have read give us the key for living a life of holiness. The key to our holiness is nothing less than the holiness of God Himself. We are to be holy...because He is holy! Look at what the Scriptures say of His holiness:

"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you...majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?" (Ex. 15:11)

"And they were calling to one another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." (Isaiah 6:3)

"Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed." (Rev. 15:4)

Holy...set apart...different...unique...p erfect...that’s the God we worship! How is it possible that we sinful creatures can even aspire to holiness? It’ s because God has CALLED us to! You see, it is God’s nature to be holy. You and I have been born again into God’s family. His genetic structure for holiness has been given to us because of Jesus.

When we made Jesus Lord and Savior of our lives, we experienced the new birth. The Holy Spirit came to dwell in us. We still have much of the sin nature within us; however, there is a new nature...a new genetic code if you will...a code of holiness that comes straight from our Heavenly Father. Holiness now becomes a possibility...where it was an impossibility.

The problem arises when this is as far as we take the call to be holy. Most of us feel that our holiness consists only of this imputed righteousness that comes from Jesus and we say… "I don’t worry about sin, because I’m forgiven." I have to admit….I’ve been there...and so have many of you.

But God is not satisfied with incomplete holiness. You will find in Scripture the truth that holiness can never be accomplished by any of us just trying hard….Jesus’ death is absolutely essential for us to experience the new birth and new life in Christ.

It is HIS righteousness that is now at work in us. Since God’s holiness has been placed within us, we should now make our best effort to live out that life of holiness as we keep our eyes on our Holy God. And God expects us to strive for personal holiness which is demonstrated by the way we live our lives:
personal holiness unlock

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4240 Dec 30, 2012
"Perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" (2 Cor. 7:1). Perfecting….working on it...striving for it….and the motive? Reverence for God and wanting to be like Him. There is no greater compliment to a dad, than when a son or daughter wants to be like him. We give God pleasure as long as we strive for holiness – to be like our Heavenly Father.

"Make every effort...to be holy" (Heb. 12:14). This is not a passive acceptance of something. This is not to be confused with your salvation. You accepted Christ’s gift of salvation by faith...but there is effort involved if you want to be holy. Paul would say, "work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

Why with fear and trembling? Because we are doing so under the watchful eye of a Holy God. So, how do we live holy lives? We make the Word of God our foundation...we strive to do what it says...and we flee from all that it forbids.

God is waiting for His people to pray, but He longs for prayers that come from the lips of a holy people...a people set apart and dedicated to God:

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer…" (I Pet. 2:12)

"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart…" (Ps. 24:3-4)

If we will "take time to be holy," God will be attentive to our prayers. Let ’s not stop short of personal holiness: being holy "as He is holy."

-----END-----

This article was copied from Harvest Prayer Ministries. We recommend that you also peruse other articles relating to prayer located HERE
Back to Lift Up USA's holylife page
personal holiness

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4241 Dec 30, 2012
"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob." (Psalm 24:3-6)"
personal holiness

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4242 Dec 30, 2012
"Make every effort...to be holy" (Heb. 12:14). This is not a passive acceptance of something. This is not to be confused with your salvation. You accepted Christ’s gift of salvation by faith...but there is effort involved if you want to be holy. Paul would say, "work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

Why with fear and trembling? Because we are doing so under the watchful eye of a Holy God. So, how do we live holy lives? We make the Word of God our foundation...we strive to do what it says...and we flee from all that it forbids.
time to be HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4243 Dec 30, 2012
God is waiting for His people to pray, but He longs for prayers that come from the lips of a holy people...a people set apart and dedicated to God:

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer…" (I Pet. 2:12)

"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart…" (Ps. 24:3-4)

If we will "take time to be holy," God will be attentive to our prayers. Let ’s not stop short of personal holiness: being holy "as He is holy."
take time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4244 Dec 30, 2012
~~~ If we will "take time to be holy," God will be attentive to our prayers.~~~

~~~~Let ’s not stop short of personal holiness: being holy "as He is holy." ~~~~
take time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4245 Dec 30, 2012
~~~~~~~~~But God is not satisfied with incomplete holiness. You will find in Scripture the truth that holiness can never be accomplished by any of us just trying hard….Jesus’ death is absolutely essential for us to experience the new birth and new life in Christ. It is HIS righteousness that is now at work in us. Since God’s holiness has been placed within us, we should now make our best effort to live out that life of holiness as we keep our eyes on our Holy God. And God expects us to strive for personal holiness which is demonstrated by the way we live our lives:

"Perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" (2 Cor. 7:1). Perfecting….working on it...striving for it….and the motive? Reverence for God and wanting to be like Him. There is no greater compliment to a dad, than when a son or daughter wants to be like him. We give God pleasure as long as we strive for holiness – to be like our Heavenly Father.

~~~~~~~"Make every effort...to be holy" (Heb. 12:14). This is not a passive acceptance of something. This is not to be confused with your salvation. You accepted Christ’s gift of salvation by faith...but there is effort involved if you want to be holy. Paul would say, "work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Why with fear and trembling? Because we are doing so under the watchful eye of a Holy God. So, how do we live holy lives? We make the Word of God our foundation...we strive to do what it says...and we flee from all that it forbids.

~~~~~~~God is waiting for His people to pray, but He longs for prayers that come from the lips of a holy people...a people set apart and dedicated to God:
take time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4246 Dec 30, 2012
~~~~~~~~~Regardless of our skills or lack of skills in prayer, we will not become a mighty people of prayer until we begin to develop a passion for the holy life – until we will not settle for "good enough" but strive to be like Jesus. I believe the Scriptures we have read give us the key for living a life of holiness. The key to our holiness is nothing less than the holiness of God Himself. We are to be holy...because He is holy! Look at what the Scriptures say of His holiness:

"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you...majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?" (Ex. 15:11)

"And they were calling to one another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." (Isaiah 6:3)

"Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed." (Rev. 15:4)

~~~~~~~~~Holy...set apart... different... unique... perfect... that’s the God we worship! How is it possible that we sinful creatures can even aspire to holiness? It’ s because God has CALLED us to! You see, it is God’s nature to be holy. You and I have been born again into God’s family. His genetic structure for holiness has been given to us because of Jesus. When we made Jesus Lord and Savior of our lives, we experienced the new birth. The Holy Spirit came to dwell in us. We still have much of the sin nature within us; however, there is a new nature...a new genetic code if you will...a code of holiness that comes straight from our Heavenly Father. Holiness now becomes a possibility...where it was an impossibility. The problem arises when this is as far as we take the call to be holy. Most of us feel that our holiness consists only of this imputed righteousness that comes from Jesus and we say… "I don’t worry about sin, because I’m forgiven." I have to admit….I’ve been there...and so have many of you.
take time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4247 Dec 30, 2012

What others have said:

Andrew Murray - "The condition of God's blessing is absolute surrender of all into His hands. If our hearts are willing for that, there is no end to what God will do for us, and to the blessings God will bestow."

Charles H. Spurgeon, in his sermon Holiness Demanded, says, "Holiness deals with the thoughts and intents, the purposes, the aims, the objects, the motives of men. Morality does but skim the surface, holiness goes into the very caverns of the great deep; holiness requires that the heart shall be set on God, and that it shall beat with love to him."

A. W. Tozer, author of The Pursuit of God, says "You cannot study the Bible diligently and earnestly without being struck by an obvious fact--the whole matter of personal holiness is highly important to God."

A. W. Tozer, regarding feelings or emotions, says, "I believe in what the old writers called religious affection--and we have so little of it because we have not laid the groundwork for it. The groundwork is repentance and obedience and separation and holy living!"

Leonard Ravenhill - "I think the greatest miracle that God can do is to take an unholy man out of an unholy world, and make that unholy man holy and put him back in an unholy world and keep him holy. But we are more afraid of holiness today in the church than we are of sinfulness."

Dwight Moody - "A holy life will produce the deepest impression. Lighthouses blow no horns; they only shine."

take time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4248 Dec 30, 2012
"Urgently do we need a revival of personal godliness."- Charles H. Spurgeon

"Personal holiness in its simplest and highest form is loving God with all our hearts, and our neighbors as ourselves. To love anyone or anything more than we love God is sin. In the Old Testament, God declared,'You shall have no other gods before Me'" (Exodus 20:3, NKJ).- Dr. Thomas Hermiz

May God, the Holy Spirit, guide you as you peruse this page and its links. We have included those items we have found valuable and helpful in our search to know God better and live a life well pleasing to Him. As always, The Holy Bible is the final authority. Is not the scripture in Hebrews 12:14, "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" sufficient for us to seek to live a holy life before him and others?

The author of Personal Holiness: Unlocking the Door to Effective Prayer explains this prerequisite for answered prayer.

What Jesus said,(quoting from scripture)

"THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD: AND THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, AND WITH ALL THY SOUL, AND WITH ALL THY MIND, AND WITH ALL THY STRENGTH: THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT." Mark 12: 29b-30.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

The Apostle Paul wrote,

"... follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

2 Timothy 2:22
it is time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4249 Dec 30, 2012
Conclusion

Most of us believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ. But, without holiness we cannot see him. "Heb 12:14 … holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Those who believe in his coming should strive to be pure as Jesus is pure in order to receive his glory. "1John 3:2… when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." Then we will become holy and inherit God’s kingdom. "Rev 21:9… Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife… 11 Having the glory of God." God’s mercy joins us and his grace ordains us in the school of holiness.

I am a retired pastor of the Church of God (Tennessee).

If we love God with reverential fear, we will obey God and We will stop sinning.

Blessings of God

God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you,
in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. Acts 3:26
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and
the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Cor 13:14

Please click on this : Bible Study Topics : God Bless you all.

Send Us Feedback

God Bless You
it is time 2b HOLY

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4251 Dec 30, 2012
Jude 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

Conclusion

Let us not be deceived. Salvation of God is freedom from sin itself. Our righteous living will bring us eternal reward. "Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." One of the reward for our righteous works will be the privilege to be seated in the very throne of God to judge and to rule with God. "Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Why don't we go for it? It is the good pleasure of God to give the kingdom to his little flock, which follows him wherever he goes. "John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
HOLY SPIRIT

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4252 Dec 30, 2012
The Holy Ghost is not only a Spirit but he is also God

The Holy Ghost guides God's people, regenerates, sanctifies, perfects, and resurrects the Obedient. The Holy Ghost is God. He prepares the bride of Christ. He abides with her and makes her perfect.

The God of the Bible is the only true God. He is a Spirit. His Spirit has three Souls. So, God is the "Spirit with Souls". "Mark 12:32 --- for there is one God; and there is none other but he. John 4:24 God is a Spirit. Heb 10:38 ---if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Matt 12:18 --- my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased." God’s Spirit, which is his body, is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. This Spirit identifies God as our bodies identify us as humans. Humans have one soul whereas God has more than one soul within his Spirit. The soul is the person. Because of the souls God is three persons in one Spirit. The Holy Ghost is one of the persons in God. The three persons are: "Matt 28:19 … the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

1. Holy Ghost is God
A. He is the Author of the Bible

All the Scriptures are written by holy men as God the Holy Spirit gave them inspiration. "Acts 1:16 --- this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before ---. Acts 28:25 --- Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers. 2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God,... "
Message of the Lord Jesus

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4254 Dec 30, 2012
Last message of the Lord Jesus Christ to the churches

Most preachers make statements and claims that contradict the Bible. Some say that Apostle Paul was sent to the gentiles and so if you are not a Jew we must listen to the writings of Paul only, as if there is a difference. Apostle Peter has written about it. "2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." More so, the Lord Jesus Christ came to Apostle John, long after Apostle Paul was martyred, and revealed his messages to the churches, which is the last book of the written word.
A. Saved by Grace but Only the Humble gets Grace

We are saved by grace from being a sinner. "Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved." But God gives grace to the humble only, which means that those who are not humble will not receive his grace, which means that they will not be saved. "James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." That is, proud people will not be saved. "2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin..." If you are proud, why don't you humble yourself? "Matt 23:12... whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4255 Dec 30, 2012
B. Warning of God to Churches to Repent and Overcome

After his resurrection, being God, Jesus Christ has visited his beloved disciple John and gave messages to the churches through him. If we are Christians then these messages will apply to us also, as a message directly from Jesus Christ. In every message, he says that if you have an ear to hear then you hear. He did not push anybody. Jesus Christ, who is our God, wants us Christians to repent from our sins and to overcome the world and Satan. If we abide in him we can and will overcome both. "Rev 2:5 Remember ---, and repent, 7 To him that overcometh will I give --- 11 He that overcometh ---. 16 Repent; or else I will ---. 17 To him that overcometh will I give ---. 21 I gave her space to repent 22 except they repent ---. 26 And he that overcometh,--- Rev 3:3 --- hold fast, and repent. 5 He that overcometh, 12 Him that overcometh will I make --- 19 be zealous therefore, and repent. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,---. Those who overcame will receive rewards, even to sit in the very throne of God, the glory of which cannot even enter in the minds of the people. "1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
C. They that do God's Commandments enter Heaven

The Lord Jesus Christ came from heaven to his disciple John to send important messages to his churches. It is the book of Revelation. As he concludes the book, he wrote who will enter into everlasting life and who will not, and he signed his name before and after the statement. So, this must be very important to the Lord Jesus Christ and to his true people the Church. Here is the verses: "Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." The message of the Lord is simple. Those who obey him will have eternal life and enter heaven and the rest of the people will not enter heaven. But the preachers tell stories and twist the gospel.

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4256 Dec 30, 2012
D. We will be Raised if the Holy Ghost Abides in Us

God, who created all things lives in the glorious heaven. God created people in order to have Children of his own. He gives commandments to the people, chooses the obedient, and grants them the Holy Spirit for abiding. "The abiding God" gives them power to live a holy life and protects them from the wiles of the devil. He raises them from the earth, changes their countenance to reflect the glory of Jesus and declares them as sons of God so that they may live with him as his children in heaven as joint heirs with Jesus Christ. "Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth ---. Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." It is because of the abiding of God, these people will live eternally with God having the glory of God, as his Children.

E. All who have no Spot, Wrinkle, & Blemish will be Caught Up

Evangelicals believe in the rapture of the Church. They think that every Christian will be caught up to heaven to be with Jesus Christ on that day. Some Christians do not believe in any of this. However, Jesus will appear for those who keep themselves pure. "1 John 3:2 ... but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." In order to keep ourselves holy, we need the abiding of the Holy Ghost which is also the requirement for our rapture. "Rom 8:11 -- if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." The Lord Jesus Christ makes his bride pure and holy without spot, wrinkle, or blemish. Those who are not holy are not sanctified to be the bride of the Lord Jesus Christ. "Eph 5:25 ...Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." If the Holy Ghost abides in you, he will lead you to the abiding of God the Father and God the Son. "1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming." If we are looking forward to the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ then we will abide in God so that we may keep ourselves holy. If we do not have this abiding in us then we will be ashamed at his coming.
we must be perfect

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4257 Dec 31, 2012
God says that we must become perfect as God is perfect

Even it appears impossible we still can be perfect because of the grace of God. People think that nobody can become perfect. But, it is God who makes his people perfect. God can do it.

To live a perfect life is a hard task for anybody and everybody. Christians try again and again to be perfect, but only to find that they fail to become perfect. It is an impossible task for anybody to be perfect. So, most preachers say that when God wants us to be perfect, he does not mean that we must be perfect, but he wants us to be better.

But, when God requires us to be perfect, he put God the Father for an example so that nobody can water down the meaning of the word perfect. The Bible says that we must be perfect as God the Father is perfect. "Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." How in the world is this possible? Let us look and analyze it through common sense and through the Bible.

1. Bible Evidence for Perfection
A. How Practical is God?

Generally Christians approach the teachings of the Bible through the practicality in life. Take the following verse for an example. "Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Is it practical for a person to live a perfect life?

The overwhelming answer is 'No'. But God wants us to be perfect. So there is a clash and it needs some kind of adjustment. So they redefine the meaning of the word 'perfect'. They say that when God says 'perfect' he does not mean 'sinless perfection.' So, they can sin and have the satisfaction of being perfect. But, since God is also cited for an example for being perfect, this technique doesn't work. He asks them to be perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect. Since God is perfect without sin, God expects them also to be perfect without sin. Here they got stuck.
we must be perfect

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4258 Dec 31, 2012
B. Logic with the Bible

Let us study it from the Bible whether is it possible for a human being to be perfect? The logic is, if we can find a person who is perfect in the Bible, then we assume that a human can indeed become perfect. And, then we should learn how they became perfect so that we may also become perfect. Since God has made them perfect, he can make us also perfect.

C. Perfect Saints of the Old

The Bible says that Noah was just (righteous), perfect, and most of all he walked with God. Even though Christian preachers find fault with Noah saying that he was drinking wine, which he did in the privacy of his tent, etc, the word of God says that Noah obeyed all that God commanded him. God did not tell him that he should not drink wine. In the sight of God, Noah was perfect because Noah had not disobeyed a single commandment given to him by God. "Gen 6:9 --- Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he."

God himself challenged the devil saying that Job lived a perfect life. "Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" The Word of God says that Job has not committed sin. "Job1:22 In all this Job sinned not,---"

God told Abraham to live a perfect life before him. "Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect". Abraham fulfilled what God has required of him and received the testimony even from Jesus Christ. "John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham."

When King Hezekiah was sick he asked God to remember his perfect life and God favored him immediately. "2 King 20:3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Cat 41,936
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Greatest Hits 286,677
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Rabbis on the Run 690,433
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 1 hr Rider on the Storm 5
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Rabbis on the Run 124
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 hr Big Al 598
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Rabbis on the Run 989,722
More from around the web