bless the jews
references

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4015 Dec 10, 2012
The Bible tells us that Esau:

“Found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.”— Hebrews 12:17

Remorse and tears often accompany repentance, but they are not repentance in themselves.

Charles H. Spurgeon wrote:

“A man may hate sin just as a murderer hates the gallows,

but this does not prove repentance. If I hate sin

because of the punishment, I have not repented of sin. I

merely regret that God is just. But if I can see sin as an

offence against Jesus Christ, and loathe myself because I

have wounded Him, then I have true brokeness of heart.”
baptsim

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4017 Dec 10, 2012
Many churches teach that we are born again before baptism or without baptism. What about people who obey the doctrine taught by such groups? They have not done what Jesus said to do to be born again! Then what is their condition?

Remember that one is born again only if he obeys the proper seed, the true gospel. Should a person continue to be part of a group that misleads people about such a basic question as how to become a child of God? Consider again 2 John 9-11; Gal. 1:8,9; Matt. 15:9,14; etc.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4019 Dec 12, 2012
Emotions In Times of Revival

If the Holy Spirit acts to redeem our emotions into those of Christ Jesus what causes the emotional excesses during times of revival?

Does the Holy Spirit, who so desires balance, holiness, wisdom and truth cause these bizarre manifestations?

This is an often discussed question and in recent years this has become a controversial topic and so I will try to offer some comment and resolution.

Firstly emotions DO run high when God moves mightily in times of genuine revival. I recommend the book "The Nature of Revival" a collection of writings from the journals of John Wesley, Charles Wesley and George Whitfield abridged and put into modern English by my friend Clare G. Weakley Jnr and published by Bethany House Publishers.

These journal entries give great insight into the emotionality of these great men of God and the extraordinary events of their times. Here are a few more or less random extracts.

P 84. John Wesley.. "On Friday all Newgate rang with the cries of those whom the word of God had cut to the heart.

Two of these were filled with joy in a moment, to the astonishment of those who watched them"

P 85 John Wesley regarding one who opposed the revival: " While reading the last page he changed color, fell off his chair, and began screaming terribly as he beat himself against the ground…..between one and two in the morning I came in and found him on the floor. The room was full of people who his wife tried to keep out. He cried aloud "No let them all come! Let all the world see the just judgment of God!". Two or three men were trying to hold him down. He immediately fixed his eyes on me, stretched out his hand and said "Aye this is he who I said was a deceiver of the people! But God has overtaken me! I said it was all a delusion, but this is no delusion!" …(He is eventually released from torment..)
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4020 Dec 12, 2012
P 87 "While I was enforcing these words "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps 46:10), God began to bare His arm, not in private but in the open air and before more than two thousand witnesses.

One then another, and yet another was struck to the earth, greatly trembling at the presence of God's power. Others loudly and bitterly cried "What must we do to be saved?"

Few revivals have been without great emotion and the revivalist Jonathan Edwards wrote a famous treatise on "Religious Affections.." which established that the emotions were a by-product of grace not its chief aim.

The aim of the godly evangelist is not an emotional audience but a repentant and believing audience.

If the emotions expressed so powerfully indicate that repentance is taking place and that people are meeting with God and having their souls transformed then that emotion is a good thing.

However if it is simply emotionality, hype, manipulated sentimentality and the like and no work of God is taking place and people are not truly turning from darkness to light then it is unprofitable.

A revival in which there is no great emotion would be like a wedding without joy. Such a momentous thing is happening to so many people that surely some great expression of emotion must accompany it. However when the emphasis is on the manifestations - the tears, the laughter, the falling etc then it has gone off track. The wedding should focus on the bride and groom and the revival on Christ and on the believer's transformation.

The emotions are just part and parcel of the process and not ends in themselves. In a later chapter on handling our strong emotions I go into the issue of discernment at quite some length.

However I think we should conclude this brief section by saying that the powerful and bizarre emotions of revival are a temporary excess that God permits, but does not encourage.

After the emotions and the changes the person so powerfully affected should go on to lead a normal, balanced, wise, godly and sanctified life. They should not keep on having bizarre emotional experiences. That is immature. Mature people display resonant love and deep wisdom and emotional control.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4021 Dec 12, 2012
Christian Maturity and Emotion

I soon got the impression as a new Christian that my enthusiasm was expected to wear off and that when I "became mature" I would have rather dull and respectable emotions that resembled cold porridge poured into a grey flannel suit. Is this the sort of emotional maturity that Scripture speaks of in Ephesians?

(Ephesians 4:13-15 NKJV) till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; {14} that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,{15} but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head; Christ;

Christian emotional maturity does involve emotional stability - we are not "tossed to and fro…by every wind of doctrine". It also involves "growing up" in all things and becoming a person participating in the stature and fullness of Christ. While it involves the stability of Christ it also involves the passion and zeal of Christ (John 2:17, Titus 2:14) and His ability to bless and to care. In fact part of the purpose of our redemption is to become a people “zealous for good deeds”.

(Titus 2:14 NASB) who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Maturity is not the loss of emotions but the educating of emotions so they are like those of Jesus Christ and the mature person is both stable and zealous.

Childish emotions are OUT for the mature Christian but Christ-like emotions are IN. In the next chapter we will see what carnal emotions look like, how they are the reverse of the biblical EQ process and how we can move beyond them and start the process of "growing up in all things into Him who is the head - even Christ".
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4022 Dec 12, 2012
Discussion Questions

1. Do you think that King David was overly emotional? If not, why not?

2. What is different about the emotions of the great Christian leaders?

3. What about revival? How should we cope with strong emotions in Christian gatherings?

4. Go back over the twelve predictions that we began this chapter with; how do you feel as you read them and what picture do they paint for you about how the Christian life should be lived?

5. How do our different characters and temperaments fit in with a view of emotions that is centred around one person – Jesus Christ?

6. What do you think Christian maturity looks like?
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4023 Dec 12, 2012
The question "which Bible character are you most like?" is an interesting one. I am a miniature "clone" of Paul the apostle sharing much of his impatience and his intellectual approach to the faith. Others say they are like Peter or Moses or David or Jeremiah or Amos. Tim La Haye made an important contribution with his book Transformed Temperaments which identified four personality types - Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy and Phlegmatic. Those of you familiar with Myers-Briggs personality tests will know it also has four basic categories divided into sixteen sub-types. Whatever your schema, one thing is obvious - there is a wide range of personality types! God uses people of all temperaments in His Kingdom and designs ministries and places for each of them. He called complex Thomas as well as straightforward Peter, Simon the Zealot and the sons of Thunder as well as Matthew the pragmatic tax-collector, sophisticated Daniel was sent to minister to Nebuchadnezzar while Amos the farmer went to bluntly prophesy to the northern kingdom. Having a high biblical EQ does not mean that you are the same as everyone else or that you become a cute, saccharine sweet, always smiling,never-a-hair-out-of-pl ace believer. There is a vast range for individuality and even for eccentricity within the Kingdom of God!

Eccentricity? Well the prophets were hardly "normal"! John the Baptist wearing camel's hair clothes and eating locusts may be viewed as "eccentric" along with Elijah, Ezekiel and characters such as Samson. These people were culturally distinct but not the least bit mentally ill - they just lived by a different and higher reality which consumed them.

Different temperaments have different uses within the Kingdom of God. Barnabas was a great encourager of the brethren, Peter's high emotionality made him a master preacher and evangelist, Paul's razor sharp mind made him a great one for attending to the operational details and theology of church life, John's mystical temperament pointed to the deep abiding spiritual realities and resulted in wonderful teaching on prayer. Titus seems to have been a born trouble-shooter while Timothy was the sensitive and caring pastor par excellence.

God will use your basic temperament that He has built into you - and even some of your weaknesses for when you are weak then you are strong! Your basic God-created and renewed self is OK! God can and will use it and has accepted it in Christ Jesus (Romans 14:7).

Being accepted does not mean being unchanged. The Holy Spirit will take certain parts of your basic emotional temperament and refine them into the image of Christ Jesus. Paul matured in tolerance and love, Peter became stable and reliable, Timothy had to overcome his timidity and learn to suffer hardship as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. As the Holy Spirit convicts you and teaches you and ministers to you a slow but sure transformation will take place that will increase your maturity in Christ and your usefulness to the Master. I find Hebrews especially encouraging - the fact that I have a merciful and faithful High Priest in heaven who understands my weakness and intercedes for me and a throne of grace that I can go to for strength and help in time of need.(Hebrews 4:12-16).
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4024 Dec 12, 2012
What’s The Difference Between Overly-Emotional People And The Vivid Emotions Of Jesus And The Prophets?

Good question! Lets start this investigation by taking a look at that chronicler of the emotional life - David the Psalmist. I have just picked a Psalm "at random" - Psalm 30.

(Psalms 30 NKJV) I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me.{2} O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.{3} O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.{4} Sing praise to the LORD, You saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.{5} For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.{6} Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." {7} LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.{8} I cried out to You, O LORD; And to the LORD I made supplication:{9} "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth?{10} Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!" {11} You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,{12} To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

These twelve short verses give us a good sample of David's emotional life. What is the difference between David’s emotional life and the emotional roller-coaster of some Christians?

· The negative emotions are temporary "weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning".

· There is a righteous resolution of the emotions, a giving of thanks in the end.

· The emotions are primarily directed towards God in a private and appropriate fashion.

· There is a wide range of appropriate emotions from joy to a troubled spirit. The emotional thermostat is not stuck in just one position e.g. deep gloom or constant happiness.

· There is an ability to see good in God in the midst of it all - to sing praise and give thanks. The spiritual perspective is not lost.

· There is no stifling of emotions, they are expressed in spiritual terms "that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent".

· There is repentance of false perspectives and beliefs. "Now in my prosperity I said 'I shall not be moved..". When God challenges this David repents of his self-sufficiency. People who are out of balance emotionally do the opposite and cling to their self-defeating perspectives

· In the expression of emotions there is genuine dignity and beauty. This psalm is poetry!

[If this area interests you why not take some more of the Psalms and explore their emotional content. The men and women of God down the centuries have valued them for the insights they give into the emotional life of the believer.]

So we se there is a vast difference between the deep, powerful and godly emotions of the saints and the clanging, shrill emotions of Christian neurotics. The emotions of the saints have God at the center. The emotions of neurotics have self at the center.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4025 Dec 12, 2012
If the previous chapter summary of the emotional life of the Christ-like Christian is correct, then it will predict the lives of the most Christ-like people - and will also predict, in a negative way, the lives of the most carnal people.

In this chapter will check if the theory of biblical EQ has predictive validity when applied to the lives of the great Christian leaders and in the next chapter we will check to see if it also predicts the emotional lives of carnal Christians.

According to our model the following twelve things should be true of the apostles and prophets and great Christian leaders.

Perception

1. They should see the world differently from the rest of us. For them the Kingdom perspective will be the only true perspective.

2. They should be able from time to time to see into the hearts of men and women and to speak accurately to their condition.

3. They should be conversant with dreams, visions and symbolic language. They should readily grasp the prophetic and be excited by the Scriptures.

Beliefs

4. They should have beliefs that the surrounding culture has not taught them or which it opposes vehemently, beliefs that only God can have taught them.

5. Those beliefs should give them a sense of what is righteous and what is unrighteous like Jesus had when He cleansed the temple and create an unusual zeal within them that consumes them.

6. Those beliefs should give them unusual poise and power in crisis situations like Jesus in the storm.

7. As a result of those beliefs they should resonate with and be emotionally drawn to others who are of great faith, like Jesus resonated with the Roman centurion.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4026 Dec 12, 2012
Emotions

8. They should have deep and vivid emotions like those of Jesus Christ.

9. They should have a sense of their emotions being God's emotions and be aware of what they are feeling and able to name it clearly as Jesus did with His emotions. They should be people of authentic and powerful emotional expression - groans, tears, crying, and rejoicing.

Physical Nature

10. They should demonstrate victory over addictions and sexual temptations and have a renewed physical nature whereby they were able to express their emotions in godly ways through their physical bodies.

Emotional Expression

11. These righteous emotions should lead to righteous actions such as when Jesus' compassion moved Him to act. Their emotionality should be an integral part of being a righteous person. Not detached from life like the emotions of an actor or a hypocrite.

12. The course of their lives should demonstrate an ever-increasing wisdom in emotional expression as if they were being taught by God in how to say things.

Do these twelve predictions pass the test of Scripture and of the testimony of the saints down the ages? Are great men and women of God people of deep and vivid emotionality? Do they demonstrate an unusual sense of righteousness? Do they indeed see life differently? Do they hold counter-cultural beliefs or have an unusual power and poise in crisis situations? The answer is Yes! In fact great men and women of God are so vivid emotionally that they are often accused of being overly emotional - from Jeremiah with his tears to John Wesley with his preaching. Luther saw life so differently that he threw his ink-pot at the Devil! Isaiah was so counter-cultural that he went around for three years with his buttocks uncovered!(Isaiah 20:1-3).

Lets test our predictions on the spiritual heroes of Hebrews 11. I will go paragraph by paragraph commenting on how these heroes perceived, believed, felt and reacted differently. The bible version is the New King James Version.

(Hebrews 11 NKJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.{2} For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.{3} By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

These heroes of faith saw a different reality to others they had evidence of things not seen and understood that the visible world was predicated on perception of an invisible spiritual world.

{4} By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.{5} By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.{6} But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4027 Dec 12, 2012
The belief system of these people was different from and more excellent than that of their contemporaries and was grounded in the invisible spiritual reality that they perceived.

{7} By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

{8} By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.{9} By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; {10} for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.{11} By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.{12} Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude; innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.

{13} These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.{14} For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.{15} And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.{16} But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

These great men and women of God had beliefs that gave them an unusual sense of righteousness which condemned their generation e.g Noah. Their beliefs gave them the courage to be counter-cultural to seek a heavenly country and to see life from a Kingdom perspective.

{17} By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,{18} of whom it was said, "In Isaac your seed shall be called," {19} concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.{20} By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.{21} By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.{22} By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave instructions concerning his bones.{23} By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.{24} By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,{25} choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,{26} esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.{27} By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.{28} By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.{29} By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.
times of revival

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4028 Dec 12, 2012
Their unique beliefs led to godly emotions such as Jacob worshipping on the top of his staff . It led to unusual poise and courage in the face of enraged Pharaoh. It led to the ability to go against normal human emotions in the case of Abraham sacrificing Isaac.

{30} By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days.{31} By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.{32} And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets:{33} who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,{34} quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.{35} Women received their dead raised to life again. And others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection.{36} Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment.{37} They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented; {38} of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.{39} And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise,{40} God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Finally we see such great emotional mastery and Kingdom perspective that men and women of faith were enduring torture in the hope of a better resurrection! Poise, power and peace and a most unusual set of emotions characterised these heroes of faith. Their emotions moved them to righteous lives and actions. They were not subject to cravings or addictions or impulses of the flesh, rather they had the steady strong enduring emotions that were part of the life of Jesus Christ.
words from God

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4029 Dec 12, 2012
Prophetic Words:

We really need prophesy during dire times. When our hearts and hands become weak in the battle field, we need these words to wax out drooping spirits. Aaron and Hur supported the hands of Moses and the Israelites won.

Similarly, prophetic words have the power to hold our tired hands high. The warrior who thinks he cannot do anything will be strengthened by the encouraging words of the prophets who reaffirm that there is nothing that he cannot do.

Prophetess Deborah did the same thing then. She uttered the word of God. "The Lord your God commands you "Go take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulon and lead the way to Mount Tabor. I will lure Sisera, the commander of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and gave him into your hands." Jud 4: 6- 7 The Lord may have commanded Napthali but instead of rushing forward they stagnated. Now, God's word came out with the prophetic anointing and he jumped immediately into the battlefield. He went against a great 16000 strong army. The two armies stood up and against in the valley of Kishor. Then Deborah looked at Barak and said again, "Up! For this is the day in which the Lord has delivered Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone out before you? As she had said, the Lord routed Sisera and all his chariots and all his army with the edge of the sword before Barak and Sisera alighted from his chariot and fled away on foot.

This is the extraordinary power of the prophetic words. When we accept the prophetic words we accept God. Prophetic words and God's words are the same. We cannot compare the prophetic words with the Scriptures but when the prophetic words come from the Spirit, they come with the power comparable to the scriptures.

As soon as Barak obeyed the prophetic words, those words started to operate within him. It was not the strength of his army that brought victory that day, but the strength of the word of the prophetess. That battle was not of the earth but from the heavens. " They fought from the heavens; the stars from their courses fought against Sisera, " thus said Deborah " From the heavens the stars fought, from their courses they fought against Sisera, Jud 5:20. The enemies who shone without comparison fell at the feet of an ordinary woman. Even that is the glory of the prophetic word. That God will deliver Sisera into the hands of a woman also came to pass. Even today the Lord has delivered your enemies into your hands. The power of the prophetic word is to reflect this revelation in your spirit man. Let your heart long for this prophetic word even now.
words from God

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4030 Dec 12, 2012
Prophetic song of Praise:

When you hear the prophetic word and obey it. Our enemies will scatter before us. As soon as they get scattered, we must raise the sound of praise immediately. That is why Deborah and Barak praised the Lord with songs as soon as their enemies were defeated. They did seek rest after waging the war. They praised the Lord loud. We who have won many victories in the battlefield have not praised the Lord.

After every victory, increase your heap of praise. Even before going to the battlefront, children of God must praise like Judah. After winning the battle build the tower of praise. Then the victory that God has given us will be permanent. That is what Deborah teaches us through her song in Judges Chapter 5. Get used to praising God after every victory. Sing to the God who has given you the victory. Jud 5:3. Thank the Lord for each and everyone who supported you in the battle front (Jud 5:3, 9, 18, 24-27). Make it known to people even victory over minor matters. Jud 5:10-11. Remember the wretched state from where the Lord had lifted you up and sing praises. Jud 5:6-7. Sing with joy stating that though the enemy came in so powerfully the Lord gave you greater power to overcome him Jud 5:13. Praise Him as high as you can Jud 5:20. Sing poetically how the Lord subdued the enemy in Calvary. Bear testimony to the many times that diseases, demons, fatal struggles, financial crisis, human opposition came against you and God broke them to pieces. Jud 5:27-31

After every victory, if you learn to praise the Lord you will rejoice at seeing the double portion of victory that comes with our struggles and humiliations. The Israelites were oppressed for 20 years during the time of Deborah but due to prophetic messages, anointing and prophetic songs they enjoyed peace for 40 years. Have you realized the importance of the prophetic ministry at least now? You need prophetic anointing before the victory and to perpetuate that victory you also need prophetic anointing. May the Lord open your eyes to this truth.
songs from God

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4031 Dec 12, 2012
Prophetic Heirs

The Lord who raised his prophets to bring victory during the times of battle is not silent today. The church is not warring against the Canaanites and the Amalekites but against the strong forces of the spirit world. The church is wrestling against principalities against powers against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. One Deborah is not enough for this time. We need a thousand Deborahs. One Elijah, one Elisha, one Samuel cannot lead God's people to victory. There is an imminent need for thousands of prophets to rise up.

Knowing that he has only a short time, the enemy with his cunning craft is attacking us in all ways with exceeding anger. If this is true, will the commander of our army Jesus Christ be quiet? Doesn't he have plans victory? Definitely he has. The Lord who in the days of Elijah had hidden 7000, who had not bowed down to Baal, is raising up people with the prophetic anointing.

Oh, that all the Lord's people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them" was the cry of our Lord through Moses and He is pouring out immeasurably His Spirit upon us. In these last days, the Lord is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh an dour sons and daughters will prophesy. Though His apostle Paul, the Lord said that He is eager that all should prophesy.

Whenever the prophetic anointing is made welcome God's people are strengthened in their victory in the battle field. They are able to face all storms. In the midst of Satan's numerous attacks they are able to move forward with divine comfort. This is the unique quality of prophetic anointing (1 Cor. 14:3-5)

Did not the early church face dangers, opposition, spiritual struggles, and sinful temptation? Yes they did, but they did not bother those but increased a thousand fold. What is the reason for that? They knew the power of praise. They sought the power of the Holy Spirit and found victory. They transformed His Word to a double edged sword and saw victory. They did not stop with that. They believed and embraced the prophetic anointing and tasted victory upon victory. The gifts of prophesy were revealed in the early churches in the church of Jerusalem, Antioch, Rome, Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica. In short, in all churches this prophetic ministry, anointing and word were greatly accepted. That is why the early church transformed all spiritual struggles into celebrations ( Rom 12:6, 1 Cor. 11:4-5, 12:28, 14:24,29,31, Eph 2:20 3:6, 4:13, 1Thess 5:19-20)
songs from God

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4032 Dec 12, 2012
This prophetic anointing lifted up not only the church but also the individual to lead a victorious life.

Whenever the great apostle Paul went, he received prophetic word through his disciples, prophets and private prayers.

He yearned for his fellow ministers to have the prophetic anointing and because of that throughout his life he was victorious in all struggles, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith…he was able to recite those heroic words and attain eternal life.(Acts 12:1, 15, 32-34, 16:9, 21:4-5, 9:10, 2Tim4:7).

Beloved during your times of spiritual struggles please long for prophetic anointing, gifts and the prophets. Pay heed to the testimony of Jehoshaphat that when you believe and accept the prophets you will prosper.

Get it into your heads the saying of the wise man that where there are no prophets, people will be destroyed. There are still heirs to the prophets in the midst of us. The Spirit of prophesy is being poured out without measure in our midst even now.

Through God's grace, I have the honor of exercising this prophetic ministry for many years. I have seen very vividly the wonders that have happened when this anointing falls on the people.

People who have lost interest in the ministry and were on the verge of committing suicide, after taking part in our meetings have changed their lives and are doing a wonderful ministry.

People who have once staggered in their spiritual life are now shining as God's beautiful instruments in supporting and carrying many.

That is why in my daily walk I am determined never to lose the prophetic anointing. Cry out to the Lord that wherever the church of God is there should be thousands who have received this anointing.

I pray that every minister clubs this prophetic ministry to his ministry. I can say vehemently that this is the most important secret of leading the church with victory.

You may not be a prophetic but whatever ministry you are into, let the prophetic dimension be added on to your won ministry.

For example, you may be a pastor. Then you, your family and your church will find victory upon victory. Offer yourselves to this anointing and break all the fetters of bondage the enemy has thrust on you. Lead your church with songs of praise.

May the Lord open your eyes to the secret of a victorious life.
true prophetic word

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4034 Dec 12, 2012
A true prophetic word from God should be freely distributable. In fact, if God is really speaking—and if He told you to release the word rather than just praying about it—then why on earth would anyone want to restrict the mass reproduction and distribution of God’s genuine prophetic utterance?

God certainly isn’t trying to limit his voice on the earth. But there is a spirit that works actively to cut off God’s voice in the earth. That spirit is called Jezebel. There’s also a spirit that seeks to merchandise God’s word and gifts. That spirit is called Balaam. There is also a spirit that seeks to apply rules and regulations to the point that it kills the spirit of a thing. That’s called a religious spirit.

Now, while we’re on the subject, we should address the source of such a prophecy. I submit to you that someone who would take the time to copyright a prophetic word—or even suggest that it is copyrighted whether it is or not by adding the copyright symbol—may not be the best spokesperson for God. Again, I don’t see any prophets in the Bible seeking to put constraints on God’s prophetic word.

Could it be possible that spirits of Jezebel, Balaam and religion have infiltrated prophetic ministry and it’s manifesting through control, merchandising and even copyrighting a prophetic utterance?

Notice the very definition of the word “copyright.” It’s the exclusive legal right to “sell” something. My brothers and sisters, we don’t sell God’s prophetic words. Freely we receive, freely we give. It’s fine to copyright translations of the Bible that were put together with plenty of hard work from scholars. That’s not what I am talking about here. I’m not talking about books, CDs, articles, or other forms of work man originates either, even by the inspiration of God. I’m not talking about your revelations. I’m talking about a pure plain and simple prophetic word. There is no reason to copyright what the Lord has said. The spirit behind this practice is indeed disturbing.

Ever wonder how false prophets become false prophets? Check out my book,“A Prophet’s Heart”—but only if you can handle the truth. You’ll also get a free prophetic podcast and an e-book on prayer when you order today.
true prophetic word

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4035 Dec 12, 2012
Jeremiah didn’t copyright his prophetic words. Nor did Isaiah, Samuel, Moses, David, Nathan, Zechariah, Elijah, Elisha, Amos, Michah, Zephaniah… OK, you get the picture. So when I see people in the Body of Christ copyrighting what “thus saith the Lord,” it disturbs my spirit.

Think about it for a minute. According to Miriam-Webster, a copyright is “the exclusive legal right to reproduce, publish, sell or distribute the matter and form of something.” When someone violates your copyright, you have a right to file a lawsuit against them for financial damages. Doesn’t it seem silly to copyright a prophetic word, then? Doesn’t it seem outrageous to put God’s word in a legally protected box and be prepared to sue someone who shares it?
revival begins with u

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4036 Dec 12, 2012
Prophetic Word for 2012: Revival Begins With You

2 0 0 0 0

While I was praying over 2012, I received impressions about many things—some warnings and some promises. But what burned most on my heart to share with the masses wasn’t a list of predictions or a prophetic directive. What burned most on my heart to share are four simple words: Revival begins with you.

We yearn to see signs, wonders and miracles manifest today as they did in the book of Acts, don’t we? But are we willing to pay the price the early church paid? Are we willing to die to self? Are we willing to relinquish control to the Holy Spirit so He can move like He wants to move? Are we willing to repent for the character flaws that hold us back? Are we willing to walk in love and unity with true believers who don’t believe exactly the same as we do? Are we willing to war against the spirit of compromise that is raging against the church in this age? Revival begins with you.

The book of Acts never fails to fascinate me. It is the Holy Ghost in action, the gifts of the Spirit made manifest, a charismatic believer’s delight. Indeed, many of us want to see the Holy Ghost move in the church—and in the world—like that again. Well, I beseech you to consider these four words: Revival begins with you.

Sure, we see a ration of revival spring up from time to time. We see a measure of the miraculous. We see demons cast out, in the name of Jesus. But it doesn’t compare to the book of Acts, does it? Revival begins with you.

Despite 24/7 prayer movements that bear plenty of fruit, we don’t see people waiting to stand in our shadows hoping to get healed. Despite the apostolic movement (and the thousands of Christians who call themselves apostles), we rarely see people raised from the dead. Despite large stadiums of sincere people repenting in tears before the Lord for the sins of generations, we are yet a far cry from the reality of the book of Acts. Revival begins with you.

We can’t do the Lord’s part—we can’t force miracles, signs and wonders. But we can do our part—we can tear down the strongholds in our own souls that are preventing us from walking in the fullness of the Spirit. We can stop tolerating spirits that tempt us to sin. We can start interceding for the fallen saints instead of playing judge. In other words, we can start living like the saints lived in the book of Acts: sold out, on fire and ready to die for the gospel. Revival begins with you.

Again, we can’t manufacture miracles. We can’t work up wonders. But we can cooperate with the Holy Spirit to separate the profane from the holy in our own hearts and in our own minds. We can purge ourselves and lay aside every weight that holds us back. We can allow the Spirit of God to do a deep work in us and so the Spirit of God can do a great work through us. Revival begins with you—and me.
the gift

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#4037 Dec 12, 2012
The gift of prophecy is available to all people with the Holy Spirit in their life, for prophecy is simply the Holy Spirit speaking to an individual or group of people through a human voice.

The office of prophet however is an office that is a vocation and something that is appointed by God for a person to become and you simply cannot become a prophet by willing it to be or even going to a prophetic school of the prophets.

A prophet has the ability to preach and see error is a person or group of people and correct that error with the prophetic or with a sermon.

A prophet has the ability to see anointings on people and call them forth and release people into their destiny.

Prophets can destroy strongholds and pull down things that are no of God and re-plant the truth in t its place and a myriad of other things.

The ability to prophesy is certainly one thing that a prophet will be competent in and yet not all people that can prophesy will be a prophet.

Personal prophecy is such a wonderful thing the receive and I enjoy every personal prophecy that I get off people, why not pray a prayer to receive the gift today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Does It Say In The Bible...? 8 min River Tam2 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min River Tam2 60,556
I just caught my mom masturbating 43 min Mama01 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 695,806
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 2 hr davy 7
Dem Libtard Keeps Screaming 3 hr Yes we can 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr River Tam2 993,861
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web