Christ return

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

“Jesus says in Matthew 24:34 that this ‘born one,’ or ‘this generation will not pass away until all these things be fulfilled,’” says Beshore, 86, who holds five doctoral degrees in theology.“He pictures Israel as a Jewish boy, born May 14, 1948, that would grow up and become an old man until He comes in glory to establish His millennial kingdom. Now, how long is this generation—this ‘born one’? The first meaning of ‘born one’ is in Psalm 90:10. If you extend that from 1948, the outside date for the millennium would be 2028. Take off seven years for the Tribulation and the outside date for the rapture would be 2021. The rapture could take place before that, but certainly by then.”

In When? Beshore explains that Jesus during the Olivet Discourse—a special briefing for His disciples about what would take place before and during the Tribulation—used the illustration of a pregnant woman to describe what the “Church Age” would be like.

Christ said it would be a long period of time, and at the end there would be two birth pangs and then a birth, Beshore writes.

“We saw almost 1,900 years pass from the start of the Church Age (33 A.D.) until the first birth pang, World War I (1914),” Beshore writes.“The second birth pain came in 1939 with the Second World War, and then the birth of the nation of Israel in 1948. The Lord will return before Israel becomes an old man by age 80 in 2028, and seven years earlier to rapture the church.”

But Mark Hitchcock, pastor of Faith Bible Church in Edmond, Okla., and author of 2012, the Bible, and the End of the World and The Late Great United States, doesn’t believe the blossoming of the fig tree in Matthew 24:32 refers to Israel.

“It just says the fig tree will blossom and this generation won’t pass away until all those things are fulfilled,” Hitchcock says.“I just think He’s saying,‘Look, when you see all these things happening in the Tribulation period ... that generation won’t pass away until all these things are fulfilled.”

But Beshore says the Bible often uses the fig tree as a symbol for Israel. In Matthew 21, Jesus cursed the fig tree after driving the money-changers out of the Temple—a prophetic foreshadow of Jerusalem’s destruction in 70 A.D, Beshore says. Later, in Matthew 24, Jesus speaks of the blossoming of the fig tree, adding “this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place”—a prophetic reference to the rebirth of Israel in 1948, Beshore says. And that “generation,” or the Jewish boy representing Israel, will live to see the Second Coming, Beshore believes.

“While the Bible says we don’t know the day or hour, it certainly says that we know the times and seasons (1 Thessalonians 5:1-10),” Beshore says.“This Jewish boy growing up demonstrates we are in the time and season of the Lord’s return.”
follow HOLYSPIRIT

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

10 Ways to Know You're Following the Holy Spirit

Not sure if you’re being led by the Spirit? Here are a few key Scriptures to help discern.

1. The Holy Spirit guides us into God’s will.

Ps. 143:10:“Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.”

2. The Holy Spirit guides us to pray God’s will.

Romans 8:26-27:“The Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.... He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

3. The Holy Spirit guides us to live by God’s Word.

Ezekiel 36:27:“I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”

4. The Holy Spirit guides us to obtain God’s promises.

Ephesians 1:13-14:“In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession.”

5. The Holy Spirit guides us away from sin.

Galatians 5:16:“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”

6. The Holy Spirit guides us into the truth.

John 16:13:“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.”

7. The Holy Spirit guides us into our ministry.

Luke 4:18:“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”

8. The Holy Spirit guides us to see what God has given us.

1 Corinthians 2:9-13:“‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.’ But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit.... We have received ... the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.”

9. The Holy Spirit guides us by His power.

Zechariah 4:6:“‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.”

10. The Holy Spirit guides those who belong to God.

Romans 8:14:“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

8:50AM EST 12/3/2012 Charles F. Stanley
God bless Israel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Evangelist Perry Stone, founder of Voice of Evangelism ministries and author of Nightmare Along Pennsylvania Avenue and many other books, believes—like Cahn—that Israel and America are “spiritually linked.”

“America is almost a reflection of Israel,” Perry says.“Israel crossed the Red Sea to get to the Promised Land. Our founders crossed the sea to get to America. Israel and America were both divided between the North and the South. Israel had 13 tribes; America had 13 colonies.”
God bless Israel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Based on those parallels, Perry says he realized the same blessings promised to ancient Israel are promised to America if the nation obeys God’s Word. Likewise, the same curses Israel experienced for disobedience would also be experienced by America for not obeying God’s commands.

“The very first warning God gave Israel was,‘If you disobey My Word, break My commandments and don’t hearken to My Word, I will appoint over you terror,’” Perry says.“When I realized in 2001 that there was an initiation of a ‘War on Terror,’ I started following those passages to see what else it indicated for America’s future.”

Some prophecy teachers say the Bible makes direct references to America and argue that the U.S., or perhaps New York City, is “Babylon the Great”—the “great prostitute who sits on many waters” that is destroyed in one hour, according to Revelation 17 and 18. In these chapters, the apostle John wrote that the “Mother of Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth” would be destroyed by fire, while the merchants of the earth who grew “rich through the abundance of her luxury” would “weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore”(17:5; 18:3, 11).

Others have suggested the “merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions” mentioned in Ezekiel 38:13 is a reference to the United Kingdom—whose Royal Coat of Arms includes a lion—and its offspring, America. Still others say the “great eagle” in Revelation 12:14 is America.

Rosenberg, LaHaye, Hitchcock, Perry and many other Bible prophecy teachers reject these arguments, however. And though Franklin Graham isn’t typically linked with these names, the president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and international Christian relief organization Samaritan’s Purse agrees the Bible doesn’t specifically mention the U.S.

The logical conclusion, Graham says, is that the scenarios Rosenberg has proposed are “certainly viable.” Graham is especially concerned about the nation’s “moral spiral downward,” noting that President Obama’s support of same-sex marriage essentially amounts to “shaking his fist in God’s face.”

“Look at the spiritual decline of this nation and where we are today,” Graham says.“Unless we repent as a nation and reverse course, I think God is going to bring quick and swift judgment on this nation.”
God bless Israel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

“It just seems like America should have imploded economically a long time ago,” Strandberg says.“It’s so odd that we can keep piling debts upon debts and why we haven’t seen the Middle East explode. It just seems God is holding things together for some event. As time goes by, we think it’s the rapture.”

Indeed, Rosenberg, Cahn, Graham, LaHaye, Hitchcock, Stone, and many other Bible prophecy teachers and faith leaders say they believe God is sending a series of escalating warnings that the nation is in growing danger of judgment unless it repents.

“I think 9/11 was a wake-up call for America,” says Anne Graham Lotz, author of Expecting to See Jesus: A Wake-Up Call for God’s People and the daughter of evangelist Billy Graham.“I think Hurricane Katrina was a wake-up call. I think these record-breaking fires and some of the other things happening are warnings God is giving us, and if we don’t heed these warnings, then something more severe will happen.”

This summer, evangelist Billy Graham, who has preached to more people than any Protestant in history (2.2 billion), issued a letter calling America to repentance. In it, Graham wondered what his late wife, Ruth, would think of the country today, where “self-centered indulgence, pride and a lack of shame over sin are now emblems of the American lifestyle.”

“My heart aches for America and its deceived people,” wrote Graham, 94.“The wonderful news is that our Lord is a God of mercy, and He responds to repentance. In Jonah’s day, Nineveh was the lone world superpower—wealthy, unconcerned and self-centered. When the prophet Jonah finally traveled to Nineveh and proclaimed God’s warning, people heard and repented. I believe the same thing can happen once again, this time in our nation.”

Hope for a Turnaround

Seeking to ignite such a revival, Graham is asking millions of Christians to participate in the My Hope with Billy Graham evangelistic outreach set for Nov. 7, 2013—his 95th birthday. Graham hopes Christians will invite family, friends and neighbors to their homes to watch the “Living Room Crusade” on their TVs, tablets or smartphones. His association hopes to mobilize millions of believers to undergo training to share their faith with others during the event.

The good news, Rosenberg says, is that America has experienced two great spiritual awakenings in the past and could experience another one, based on 2 Chronicles 7:14, where God says:“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

“We desperately need a Third Great Awakening,” Rosenberg says.“We need to beg and plead with God to pour out his Holy Spirit and save us, to turn our hearts away from sin and back to our faith in Jesus Christ. If we don’t have a Third Great Awakening soon, this country will implode. I can’t say when. I can’t even say how. But I’m laying out a number of possible scenarios.”

Franklin Graham says the church has been asleep for far too long—more interested in trying to be “relevant to the culture” than teaching and preparing Christians for Jesus’ return.

“I would encourage pastors in churches to begin to preach and to prepare and to warn their congregations that God is going to judge sin,” Graham says.“We as a nation need to repent and we need the churches calling for repentance.”

An award-winning reporter and editorial writer at the Los Angeles Daily News, The Press-Enterprise and other newspapers for two decades, Troy Anderson writes for Reuters, Newsmax, Charisma and many other media outlets. He lives in Irvine, Calif.
if we believe

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

**If we believe in the fivefold ministry, why aren't there apostles and prophets who are calling the church to holiness and wayward leaders to repentance?

**If we believe in the gifts of the Spirit, why aren't these gifts more manifest in the church--rather than being evident primarily in those with traveling ministries?
if we believe

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

One of the things the charismatic movement has always had going for it is that it provides hope to people looking for help. It offers life instead of dead religion.

But where are the results? Of course there are many. We report them month after month, and we are careful to document the facts in the articles we run. But it is also true that people often leave our churches disillusioned and hopeless.

In Old Testament times, Moses often went before God on behalf of the children of Israel--and saw them delivered from Pharaoh and many other afflictions. Gideon proved God to be true when he led the Israelites into battle against the Midianites at God's command and gained what appeared to be an impossible victory.

In New Testament times, the early church turned the world as they knew it upside down by their boldness and faith. Yet in the natural they had no power against the dominant Romans, who had established one of the most tyrannical empires in the history of mankind.

Jesus said we'd do greater works than He did. It's time for us to prove there was some meat to His words.
Stephen Strang is founder and publisher of Charisma.
alive n healthy

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

.......when God created us, He put the foods before us that were designed to keep our bodies healthy forever: "Then God said,'I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food'" (Gen. 1:29, NIV). Or consider Psalm 104:14: "He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the service of man"....

Science confirms the Scriptures.
5 fresh foods

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

April 08, 2012

5 Fresh Foods You Shouldn’t Keep in Your Refrigerator

Tomatoes: OK, a tomato is technically a fruit, but taste-wise, it's closer to a vegetable. If you've ever grown tomatoes, then you know that they love the heat and hate the cold. Turns out even after they're plucked from the vine, they still hold their aversion to cold. The fridge is not the ideal place to store tomatoes. Store them there and your perfect tomatoes turn into a mealy disappointment. They'll still be good for cooking, but not the best for eating fresh. Instead store them on your counter (not in direct sunlight) and enjoy them when they're ripe.

Basil: Tomatoes and basil go well together on your plate and it turns out they have similar needs in the storage department too. Like tomatoes, basil loves the heat, so extended periods of time in a cold environment like a refrigerator causes it to wilt prematurely. Basil will do best if it's stored on your counter and treated as you would fresh cut-flowers. A fresh bunch of basil can be stored for in a cup of water (change it every day or two) away from direct sunlight. Covering it loosely with a plastic bag will help keep it moist (but make sure the bag has an opening to allow for some fresh air to seep in).

Potatoes: Potatoes like cool, not cold temperatures. They do best at around 45 degrees F, which is about 10 degrees warmer than the average refrigerator. Most of us don't have a root cellar (a cool, dark place to store root vegetables like potatoes), so keeping them in a paper bag in a coolish spot (like a pantry) is best. Why paper? It's more breathable than plastic so potatoes won't succumb to rot as easily. And why not the fridge? Storing potatoes at cold temperatures converts their starch to sugar more quickly, which can affect the flavor, texture and the way they cook.

Onions: Onions don't come out of the ground with that protective papery skin. To develop and keep that dry outer layer, they need to be "cured" and kept in a dry environment like a pantry, which is not as damp as the refrigerator. Also, lack of air circulation will cause onions to spoil, as will storing them near potatoes, which give off moisture and gas that can cause onions to spoil quickly. Store onions in a cool, dry, dark, well-ventilated place.(Light can cause the onions to become bitter.) Scallions and chives, however, have a higher water content, bruise more easily and have a shorter shelf life, so store these alliums in the fridge.

Avocados: Avocados don't start to ripen until after they're picked from the tree. If you're buying a rock-hard avocado, don't store it in your refrigerator, as it slows the ripening process. On the other hand, if you have a perfectly ripe avocado that you're not ready to use, storing it in the refrigerator may work to your advantage by prolonging your window of opportunity to use it before it becomes overripe. So the bottom line on storing avocados is store hard, unripe avocados on your counter and store ripe avocados in your refrigerator if you're not going to eat them right away.
Jerusalem restored

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Zechariah 8

God's intent to restore Jerusalem

1 Again the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, And I was jealous for her with great fury.

3 Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, And will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: And Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; And the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.

4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, And every man with his staff in his hand [a]for very age.

5 And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls Playing in the streets thereof.

6 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be [b]marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, Should it also be [c]marvellous in my eyes? saith the Lord of hosts.

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, And from [d]the west country;

8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: And they shall be my people, and I will be their God, In truth and in righteousness.

9 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which were in the day that the foundation of the house of the Lord of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built.

10 For before these days [e]there was no hire for man, nor any hire for beast; neither was there any peace to him that went out or came in because of the affliction: for I set all men every one against his neighbour.

11 But now I will not be unto the residue of this people as in the former days, saith the Lord of hosts.

12 For the seed shall be [f]prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.

13 And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

14 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, saith the Lord of hosts, and I repented not:

15 So again have I thought in these days to do well unto Jerusalem and to the house of Judah: fear ye not.

16 These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; [g]execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the Lord.

18 And the word of the Lord of hosts came unto me, saying,

19 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful [h]feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

20 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, And the inhabitants of many cities:

21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go [i][j]speedily [k]]to pray before the Lord, And to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also.

22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come To seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, And [l]]to pray before the Lord.

23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, Even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
Jerusalem restored

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Zechariah 2

13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord: For he is raised up out of [a]his holy habitation.

Zechariah 4

2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold, a candlestick all of gold,[a]with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and [b]seven pipes to the seven lamps, which were upon the top thereof:

Zechariah 8

3 Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, And will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: And Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; And the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.
noted

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Zechariah 12:9

And it shall come to pass in that day, That I will seek to destroy all the nations That come against Jerusalem.

And it shall come to pass in that day, That I will seek to destroy all the nations That come against Jerusalem.

return of JESUS

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

When Will the Rapture Take Place?

.....and The Millennium, the Apocalypse and Armageddon believes the Second Coming will occur sometime between 2018 and 2028, or 70 to 80 years after 1948.

Taking into account the seven-year Tribulation period, Beshore expects the rapture to occur sometime between now and 2021.

“Jesus says in Matthew 24:34 that this ‘born one,’ or ‘this generation will not pass away until all these things be fulfilled,’” says Beshore, 86, who holds five doctoral degrees in theology.“He pictures Israel as a Jewish boy, born May 14, 1948, that would grow up and become an old man until He comes in glory to establish His millennial kingdom.

Now, how long is this generation—this ‘born one’? The first meaning of ‘born one’ is in Psalm 90:10. If you extend that from 1948, the outside date for the millennium would be 2028. Take off seven years for the Tribulation and the outside date for the rapture would be 2021. The rapture could take place before that, but certainly by then.”
return of JESUS

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

..........While the Bible says we don’t know the day or hour, it certainly says that we know the times and seasons (1 Thessalonians 5:1-10),” Beshore says.“This Jewish boy growing up demonstrates we are in the time and season of the Lord’s return.”
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Health News

Food viruses can be spread by kitchen knives: scientists

People preparing food are advised to wash their hands to prevent the spread of disease, yet an unseen threat may well lie on their kitchen knife, a new study says.

Researchers at the Centre for Food Safety at the University of Georgia used new knives and graters on six types of fruit and vegetables that had been smeared with minute doses of hepatitis A virus and a "vomiting" bug called norovirus.

More than half of the utensils became contaminated by this contact -- and in turn often handed on virus to non-contaminated produce. The experiment was conducted on cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots and cantaloupe and honeydew melons.

The type of knife, whether serrated, sharp or dull, did not matter, according to the paper, published in the latest issue of the journal Food and Environmental Virology. Co-author Marilyn Erickson told AFP the findings could be important for people with a weak immune system.

As for recommending what to do, she acknowledged that it could be impractical to wash a knife or grater between each vegetable.

However, "it would be wise to wash (the utensil) carefully between meals rather than leaving it on the counter, thinking it's not that dirty," using a dishwasher or at dishwater-type temperature, she said.
Previous research into contamination of kitchen utensils and surfaces has focussed on bacteria, not viruses.

A 2011 study found that the norovirus is the leading cause of foodborne illnesses in the United States. Ingesting as few as between one and 100 norovirus particles can cause vomiting or diarrhoea.
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

GASTROINTESTINAL SIDE EFFECTS

Tomatoes are acidic vegetables, so eating too many of them can aggravate preexisting medical conditions, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, also known as acid reflux -- a condition in which the digestive acids in your stomach rise and leak through the muscle acting as a valve between your stomach and esophagus, burning your esophagus. Tomatoes, especially in great quantities, can make this worse. According to the Mayo Clinic, the seeds in tomatoes can also aggravate diverticulitis, by lodging in the diverticula, small pouches formed in your digestive tract, causing inflammation and infection.
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

VITAMIN OVERDOSE

In theory, it is possible to overdose on certain vitamins and nutrients if you consume large amounts of tomatoes in high concentrations. One medium-size tomato contains 1,025 IU of vitamin A, just under half of your daily recommendation of vitamin A. If you were to eat 10 tomatoes in a day, you would exceed your vitamin A upper limit, which could lead to nausea and headache, according to the Linus Pauling Institute. A medium tomato also contains around 17 mg of vitamin C, about a tenth of your upper limit. Eating too many tomatoes and causing a vitamin C overdose might lead to the development of kidney stones.
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

SIDE EFFECTS OF PRUNES

Prunes are often eaten as a natural laxative to relieve constipation. Similar to other high-fiber products used as laxatives, prunes contain high levels of complex sugar molecules that are difficult for the intestines to absorb. When these complex sugars remain in the digestive tract, water also remains unabsorbed, which promotes bowel movements. The skin of prunes also contains a chemical that acts as an irritant laxative, similar to stimulant laxatives. Prunes cause very few side effects, although overuse of prunes can create problems. If you frequently suffer from constipation, you should consult with your physician about the best treatments available.

BLOATING AND GAS

Eating large amounts of prunes may lead to unpleasant gastrointestinal effects, such as bloating and gas. Eating smaller amounts of prunes spread throughout the day may help to prevent excess flatulence.

DIARRHEA

The potent laxative properties of prunes can potentially work too well. Eating prunes every day for long periods of time can lead to chronic diarrhea.

LAXATIVE DEPENDENCY

Because prunes contain an ingredient that is an irritant laxative, similar to stimulant laxatives such as Ex-Lax, long-term use of prunes can cause your digestive system to become dependent on prunes for normal bowel movements, warns the University of New Hampshire Health Services. If your digestive tract becomes dependent on laxatives, when you stop taking them you may experience temporary withdrawal symptoms, including constipation, weight gain and fluid retention.
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Cherries for Health: Better Than Aspirin?

.....nutrition involves a substance or supplement with an obscure name that only a scientist could get excited about. But other times, there is something absolutely delicious that, it turns out, is also great for you.
Which brings us to cherries.

With cherry blossom season in the air, now is a great time to celebrate the beauty of nature and one of my favorite fruits, the cherry.
The delicious sweet and tart flavor of cherries is matched by remarkable health benefits.

Cherries are a rich source of:

vitamin C
potassium
boron, a mineral that plays an essential role in bone health, especially for women.
Cherries Fight Inflammation

Cherries are important for their ability to control inflammation. A growing body of scientific research indicates that inflammation contributes to diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, and obesity.

Sweet or tart, cherries are a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory nutrients.
A study from University of California at Davis found that regular consumption of cherries for 28 days produced a decrease in biochemical signs of inflammation in blood, including a 25 percent reduction in C-reactive protein (CRP), the most widely studied marker of inflammation. Elevation of CRP in blood is associated with an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.

Learn six steps for reducing inflammation without drugs in my article: Natural Anti- Inflammatory Foods and Supplements That Help Arthritis
Cherries Better Than Aspirin for Pain?
health news

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

According to research done at Michigan State University the anthocyanins that make cherries red could also help relieve pain more effectively than aspirin. The study found that anthocyanins were potent antioxidants that could prevent oxidative damage and also inhibited enzymes called cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 (Cox 1 and 2), which is similar in the way anti- inflammatory drugs seek to reduce pain. The study appeared in the Journal of Natural Products published by the American Chemical Society.

Lead researcher Muralee G. Nair, Ph.D., Professor at Michigan State University College of Agriculture & Natural Resources, noted about this cherry effect "It is as good as ibuprofen and some of the nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs." Nair said that his lab results indicate that consuming 20 tart cherries could provide anti-inflammatory benefits.

Finding a natural way to reduce pain is important, given the serious side effects from common pain relievers called NSAIDs, examples of which include Advil, Motrin, Aleve and aspirin. Learn about these surprising side effects in my article Why Medication Can Be Dangerous to Your Health

Cherry Juice for Workout Recovery

A presentation at the American College of Sports Medicine Conference found that drinking tart cherry juice helped reduce pain after exercise for long distance runners. This research, from the Oregon Health & Science University, indicated that cherries could act like medications that runners use to reduce inflammation after workouts.

Publishing their findings in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, the researchers explain: "Considering the natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacity of tart cherries, it is plausible that cherry consumption before and during strenuous exercise may have a protective effect to reduce muscle damage and pain."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

488 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min shyam 4,863
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 93,806
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 533,264
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min MUQ1 256,837
Cars.......and then REAL CARS 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min ROCCO 721,881
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 23 min MUQ1 36,543
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Mandela 115,458
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••