Bob

Windsor, Canada

#67 Jun 10, 2010
Pashtuns are the real, true afghans
Tajiks and hazaras are not afghani
Nuristani's are quite obscure
Pamiris are related to pashtuns, but not as close....
So 60% of the people who live in afghanistan
are not afghanis......
andar

Kuwait

#68 Jun 15, 2010
Afghanistan consists of several ethnic groups, when you talk about looks then you need to be specific. Pashtuns migh looke like *some* pakis only because there are millions of pashtuns in pakistan.

Alexander when invaded what currently called Afghanistan, he didn't go into Pashtun tribes lands, he only circled them. Yes he conquered the northern parts of current Afghanistan but thats because there are tajiks, uzbek and turkmen, they aren't Pashtuns.

At some periods of time, the Pashtuns lands were included into some other ruler's lands, but that was just like pakistan's FATA (Federally Administrated Tribal Area), the ruler has no power over the land.

Pashtuns even saved pakistan in pakistan-indian war, and more than half of your ISA were Pashtuns.

@Razdan:
You talked about rape. You are wrong, actually we Pashtuns invaded your country 17 times, one of the time was only to rape one of your woman ruler/queen/king in south India (india and pakistan were one at that time). We can do it to you too, just tell us your location.:)
ariana

Brampton, Canada

#70 Jul 3, 2010
Indian wrote:
Afghans are essentially people of Indian (i.e. Indian Subcontinental), Caucus, Mongolian heritage and others who are a mixture of any combination of those as there is a lot of intermixing.
Most Afghans look 'Indian' though while smaller number who look almost white and others who look Mongolian 'Chinese' look.
Umm no they're not, and you've got it all wrong. I've personally been to afghanistan (its my homeland) and the majority of people have light skin and light eyes/hair. So by any means, i wouldnt say afghans look "indian" at all.
andet1987

Oswego, IL

#71 Jul 4, 2010
Waziristanpride

UK

#76 Jul 12, 2010
I don't know about the rest but there is one of osama's relatives and that person is bush
dreamer

Midlothian, VA

#77 Jul 13, 2010
Afghanistan is and will always be the heart of Asia. I don't know who got the idea that we are somehow classified as Indian, or Pakistani b/c we do not speak the same language, nor do we share any similarities in culture.

We speak Farsi/Pashto/Pashai/Turkmen/Uz bek etc..etc. Our people our diverse not to mention beautiful (Tajik, Hazara, Pashtun, Uzbek, Nuristani, Turkmen, Hazara..etc). We have hazel, brown, green, and blue eyes. We have fair skin, and tan skin. Get educated and learn about the rich history of our country and our people before making false statements.

The Turks are beautiful people as well. I'm not sure why there is so much animosity and hate in these forums, but it all stems from one common denominator, IGNORANCE.
Waziristanpride

Leicester, UK

#78 Jul 24, 2010
Screw all
andet1987

Mchenry, IL

#79 Jul 25, 2010
Waziristanpride wrote:
I don't know about the rest but there is one of osama's relatives and that person is bush
the Bin Ladin's are the butt buddies of the Bush Crime Family. in one way or another, yes, they are relatives.:)
LL Cool J

Toronto, Canada

#80 Aug 2, 2010
TiestoIZking wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, mostly every pashtoon i know is light haired and light eyed. you must be vistiing china and got ur marbles mixed up... tajics n nurestanis look like the drop outs of mongolia...
Mostly every pashtun I've seen has dark skin compared to tajiks and nuristanis. Even some pashtuns have light coloured eyes, so do the tajiks. The pashtuns I've seen down here are brown skinned, dress like pakis, look like pakis, and definitely speak the paki language. Hence, they are pakis. Sorry to be the bearer of the truth, but your a big boy. Pull your pants up and wipe and nose.
pakistani

Norwich, UK

#81 Aug 7, 2010
I'm Pakistani - we are not dark! We are a light brown colour, yellow-based. In my experience, Afghan's are generally slightly lighter in skin colour than Pakistanis, but they are also 'yellow-based' in their skin tone; different to Caucasians who are 'pink-based' in their skin colour.

I know this because if a Pakistani/Afghan/even black person tries to by a pink-based foundation colour, it will always come out looking grey. If you buy yellow based it is a more closer match!
bilal

Wembley, UK

#82 Aug 7, 2010
afghans are not indian or pakistanis,
pashtuns on the other hand have different coloured skin amongst its people, and have different coloured of eyes amogst its people.. the skin of most pashtuns is white because they came from the mountains, some people may not know this but your environment can affect they way you look. i am pashtun myself.
The history of the Pashtun people is ancient, and much of it is not fully researched. Since the 2nd millennium BC, cities in the region now inhabited by Pashtuns have seen invasions and migrations, including by early Aryan tribes,[28][29] the Median and Persian empires of antiquity, Greeks, Mauryas, Kushans, Hephthalites, Sassanids, Arab Muslims and successive Muslim kingdoms, Mongols, and possibly others. In recent age, people of the Western world have explored the area but the Pashtun region has never been conquered by any group.
There are many conflicting theories about the origin of Pashtuns, some modern and others archaic, both among historians and the Pashtuns themselves. According to most historians and experts, the true origin of the Pashtuns or Afghans is unknown.[30]
...the origin of the Afghans is so obscure, that no one, even among the oldest and most clever of the tribe, can give satisfactory information on this point.[31]
ŚMohan Lal, 1846
Looking for the origin of Pashtuns and the Afghans is something like exploring the source of the Amazon. Is there one specific beginning? And are the Pashtuns originally identical with the Afghans? Although the Pashtuns nowadays constitute a clear ethnic group with their own language and culture, there is no evidence whatsoever that all modern Pashtuns share the same ethnic origin. In fact it is highly unlikely.[32]
ŚWillem Vogelsang, 2002
kiven

Burnaby, Canada

#83 Aug 9, 2010
i found out that Afghans r not dark skin r indian, pakistanis whatever. They are from Aryan race
the Pashtuns,tajiks and some other tribes are Aryan race but Hazaraas they r Mongolians and the descendant of Genghis khan and uzbeks r uzbeks
sooooooooooo 90% of Afghanistan is from Aryan race
Pashtun<<<<< <<Aryan
Tajik<<<<< <<<<Aryan
You are a moron

Apeldoorn, Netherlands

#84 Aug 15, 2010
cer wrote:
turk, peopel with no identity,that is why they are so aggresive and harsh.
its in our genes you freak, we are descendants of the steppe warriors, they were chosen on bases of agressiveness and swiftness.

And besides, the current population of turkey is also a mix, with mainly celtic and greeks.

who says we have no identity you piece of shit, we have the best cuisine, islamic valus, and byzantinic influenced turkic culture.
jimmy

Groningen, Netherlands

#85 Aug 22, 2010
The reason why many Turks look a bit like Afghans, is because, during the mongolian invasion in Afghanistan, many Afghans, like The famous poet Mevlana,. fled to Turkey. Since then many afghans stayed there and the Afghan race was mixed with the Turkish race. later the Mongolian race was mixed also there. In Afghanistan =the Mongolian race wasn''t well accepted by the Afghan people, so the Mongolians there began to interbreed with themselves and became a different etnic group: the Hazara. (search on google). By the way, many Aryans, the original people of Afghanistan, moved to the mediterraneo milennia ago. That's why actually many Italian people and some Greece people look like Afghans. Of course, some afghans look like macedonian-greece people, but that's because Alexander the great and that doesn't explain why some italians look like afghans.

“Educating Utus”

Since: Aug 10

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#86 Aug 22, 2010
Just a lighter shade of pale!
milan

Wayne, NJ

#87 Aug 24, 2010
i am from Serbia, and I first met an afghan in England while in Uni. And what is this that they look indian or pakistani? Why do these people (I/p) have such complex with them, that they are like infatuated with them. I used to have pakistani boy in my class who always ask me to set him up with my girlfriend's (now fiance) friends. But it seem Afghans do not like them too much. TO bad for the pakistani boy he never got any chance.
My fiance looks like Serbian actually. Does anyone know that? But also she can be Portuguese/South American or something. Almost, many things. BUt Indian/Pakistani, maybe b/c they have some shades too but in general, no. BUt she has so many cousins who look all type. BUt in general, they look Central Asian/EuroAsian/South Eastern European.
afghan girl

San Diego, CA

#88 Aug 26, 2010
Razdan wrote:
Most afghans are dark and look like pakistanis.
The only Afghans that are white are the Nuristanis, Pashais, Pamiri. They are decendents from ancient rig-vedic tribes.
Tajiks and Pashtuns vary in looks can look black to white, to chinese. This is becuase they have been raped by so many invading armies, but most of them are a shade of brown.
excuse me!!!!! most of my family is white or olive-toned, my grandfathers side have blonde people with hazel eyes or light brown and i am 100% afghan. and the chinese afghans, hazara, dont group them with the rest of the afghans!!!!
LOL

Glendale, CA

#89 Aug 27, 2010
This is by far the dumbest discussion I have ever heard. Afghans and anybody from Afghanistan, Tajikstan, Pakistan, etc are non white, Semites and Muslim. The white ones are of Greek ancestry. Look at this link, Greek boys in Afghanistan http://www.matthewleeming.com/images/blondred... . I'm Armenian and you non whites would wish to look like us. Ugly subhumans
Pizza Man

Hastings, MN

#90 Aug 27, 2010
LOL wrote:
This is by far the dumbest discussion I have ever heard. Afghans and anybody from Afghanistan, Tajikstan, Pakistan, etc are non white, Semites and Muslim. The white ones are of Greek ancestry. Look at this link, Greek boys in Afghanistan http://www.matthewleeming.com/images/blondred... . I'm Armenian and you non whites would wish to look like us. Ugly subhumans
A non-white Armenian. Now there's a story.

let me guess----you live in CA, have light skin and want to be "different".

Lots of Caucasian people live in the Middle East, including Himayalan tribesfolk with light skin as well as the descendants of Bactria in Afghanistan and Tajikistan.

Genetic research even suggests that Iranians are more closely related to Germans than the Germans are to the Dutch.

Don't deny yourself just to make yourself feel good.
LOL

Glendale, CA

#91 Aug 27, 2010
Pizza Man wrote:
<quoted text>
A non-white Armenian. Now there's a story.
let me guess----you live in CA, have light skin and want to be "different".
Lots of Caucasian people live in the Middle East, including Himayalan tribesfolk with light skin as well as the descendants of Bactria in Afghanistan and Tajikistan.
Genetic research even suggests that Iranians are more closely related to Germans than the Germans are to the Dutch.
Don't deny yourself just to make yourself feel good.
Sorry, and what are you? Afghan. Your people will never look like this

http://parliament.am/photo.php...

If you consider Afghans white and not Armenians, then you are delusional

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Maze Runner 9 min andet1987 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min bad bob 173,740
Last Word + 2 17 min andet1987 730
Sarah Palin look alike 27 min andet1987 5
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min bacon hater 95,523
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min truth 542,873
Word association game (Aug '08) 35 min andet1987 53,329
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min Aura Mytha 227,688
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 739,761
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••