Emmy

Dublin, CA

#416 Jul 3, 2013
People of Afghanistan are Caucasian. The Caucasian human subgroup originated in the Caucasus region and spread east,west, north and south. The majority of people inside Afghanistan have fair skin, and light colored eyes. Since the majority of the people of Afghanistan had to live under harsh situations because of war, poverty, and climate, they haven't taken very good care of their outer appearances when it comes the harsh winter cold and hot southern climate. But despite that, you can clearly see many shiny blue or green eyes with sun damaged skin if you go to Afghanistan. Afghanistan is not a fully south Asian nation; the only people who look south Asian are those who came from Indian and decided to make Afghanistan their home. But the people from Afghanistan who live in the west, you cannot tell if they're from Afghanistan if you see them on the street because most have taken good care of their outer appearances, and look European, without any facial surgery( unlike Iranians). So according to outer appearance facts, and DNA test conducted to determine the 'race'of the people of Afghanistan, the majority are Caucasian.
Emmy

Dublin, CA

#417 Jul 3, 2013
Rajan Damadoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Some people think if you see one you've seen 'em all. The Tajiks and Hazara are the ones that appear Mongolian.
:)
Tajiks are Caucasian, not Mongoloid. Please stop spreading lies. The Tajik people of North Afghanistan (Parwan/Panjshir/Badakshan etc.,)are tall slender with western European features.
Emmy

Dublin, CA

#418 Jul 3, 2013
And when it comes to Turks, they're a mixture of mongolied and Caucasoid. The Turks of Turkmenistan look very mongolied, But the people in Turkey are a mixture; some are very much mixed with Mongoloid, where others look more European in features.

Since: Jul 13

Parramatta, Australia

#419 Jul 8, 2013
irfan wrote:
naw, turks look more mongol but they definatly have fair skin. turks are a mixture of caucasian (middle east) and asian (mongolia)
but afghans are not all fair. most afghans are dark,but there face is caucasoid. but compared to europeans, afghans have a longer head, a longer nose, and more facial hair. afghans seem like they have a large nose.
compared with europeans, afghans are darker, mostly have darker eyes, darker hair etc...(some have green eyes). afghans are definatly caucasoid but they look very different from europeans. afghans look more like iranians, pakistanis, and north indians, than europeans
some people confuse afghans with indians, and pakistanis.
but turks are for the most part a hybreed of mongoloid and caucasoid, and they are central asian.
most turks have fair skin, small asian eyes, and a caucasoid nose
here is an afghan
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/357191393...
here are turks
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/02/1...
here are europeans
http://image42.webshots.com/43/5/97/94/288359...
Im sorry they do not look paki or indian. The majority have light skin. Take my best friend for an example. She does have a long nose, thats one thing your right on. she is tall 5'9 with black hair, Light skin (italian light), green eyes and long eyelashes. They owned India long ago so next time read your books first.

Parramatta, Australia

#420 Jul 8, 2013
elizabeth tayor wrote:
I had the great pleasure of visiting afghanistan and turkey last summer! Both countries were beautiful and I noticed that afghans and turks appear to be caucasian. Especially in Afghanistan i saw so many women,children, and even old men with blonde hair, red hair, blue eye, green eyes. Are these nationalities white in history?? are there more middleastern nationalities that look like this? I researched alot about this but I want to hear what real afghans and turks have to say
Yes for afghans in afghanistan it isnt a rare thing to be blonde with fair eyes. the most common afghan look is dark hair, green or dark eyes and fair skin. More of a welsh/italian type. x
Jai

Ashburn, VA

#421 Jul 8, 2013
Blondes look monster to me with scary blue eyes .

Parramatta, Australia

#422 Jul 8, 2013
Indian wrote:
Afghans are essentially people of Indian (i.e. Indian Subcontinental), Caucus, Mongolian heritage and others who are a mixture of any combination of those as there is a lot of intermixing.
Most Afghans look 'Indian' though while smaller number who look almost white and others who look Mongolian 'Chinese' look.
You wish afghans looked indian. indians are black. the majority of afghans are not black. sorry to burst your bubble. we ruled over your country years and years ago which is why some very lucky north indians look 2 percent indian so you wish.
james

Satellite Provider

#423 Jul 11, 2013
Hey,in india and pakistan the only people that look real white are kashmiris.i dont knw about people in pakistan administrated kashmir but the people in indian administrated kashmir are really faird skinned and sharp featured. The best looking people in sub continent is nothing before an average kashmiri.
I am tellin this only bcz i hv been to kashmir many times.

Parramatta, Australia

#424 Jul 11, 2013
Emmy wrote:
People of Afghanistan are Caucasian. The Caucasian human subgroup originated in the Caucasus region and spread east,west, north and south. The majority of people inside Afghanistan have fair skin, and light colored eyes. Since the majority of the people of Afghanistan had to live under harsh situations because of war, poverty, and climate, they haven't taken very good care of their outer appearances when it comes the harsh winter cold and hot southern climate. But despite that, you can clearly see many shiny blue or green eyes with sun damaged skin if you go to Afghanistan. Afghanistan is not a fully south Asian nation; the only people who look south Asian are those who came from Indian and decided to make Afghanistan their home. But the people from Afghanistan who live in the west, you cannot tell if they're from Afghanistan if you see them on the street because most have taken good care of their outer appearances, and look European, without any facial surgery( unlike Iranians). So according to outer appearance facts, and DNA test conducted to determine the 'race'of the people of Afghanistan, the majority are Caucasian.
afghans arent caucasian. they are central asian. no matter how light eyes they have they r still central asian. we r not european. so i have light eyes, light skin and dark hair but if you say only the ones with fair skin are caucasian all of us are. xoxo
mike

Union City, CA

#425 Jul 23, 2013
Afghans do not look indian at all!! Afghans are way different speak different language diffrent culture different religion!! Afghans are closer to iranians, tajik, uzbekistan, and not india! I have been to india and afghanistan and I can tell you afhhans and indians look completley different!! Majority afghans that I saw had green/blue eyes blond/black hair fair skin, the majority indians that I saw were very dark short and have a strong body ordor!!
Omar

New York, NY

#426 Aug 11, 2013
lalalalala wrote:
<quoted text>
I def disagree with you, ive been to afghanistan and the majority of them are light skinned and persian. they are either european or persian. and look NOTHING like pakistanis who are generally all very dark.
We are not Persians lol we were never Persians I'm full afghan my mom and dad both born from there we are afghan lol but we are not persian
Omar

New York, NY

#427 Aug 11, 2013
Let me tell you guys one thing we afghans ( I'm full afghan both parents born and raised there) are cuzins with the country's Germany, Turkey, and Greece we are Aryens all 4 of us that's what hitler was doing and we are not Persian I'm very white my self because of my dad and mom and I have light green gray eyes we are not Persian we are Afghan and proud and I'm proud to be a Afghan Pushtun :) okay bye
Omar

New York, NY

#428 Aug 11, 2013
AudreyHepburn wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish afghans looked indian. indians are black. the majority of afghans are not black. sorry to burst your bubble. we ruled over your country years and years ago which is why some very lucky north indians look 2 percent indian so you wish.
We are no we're Indian so don't ever say that but we do have the same religion only Islam

“Redhead Phase”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#429 Aug 11, 2013
I've never seen a white afghan, they're usually brightly colored or patterned and have a really open choose one so they're not as warm as a blanket. If by Turks meat turkeys, modern day ranched turkeys are generally all white, but that's just their feathers. The Turkey's themselves are a mix of white meat and dark meat, as usual. I hope that answers your question![grins]
omar

Long Island City, NY

#430 Aug 11, 2013
we afghans were never conquered if u dont believe me go search up the name "graveyard of empires" we were never conquered by nobody no Alexander no Persians no mongols no nothing alright stop coming up with bs lies u cna search it up Afghanistan is the grave yard of empires which means every empire that came oa Afghanistan fell in Afghanistan and lost there and fell apart we are strong and we are not mixed we are our self afghans the rest of the world u guys fucked each other we , we just stand as afghans no mix sht so dont fool people with lies and give them wrong notification. im afghan my whole family was born in Afghanistan i have light blondiszh brown hair and greens eyes and i have cuzins with red hair and we are pure afghans so plz stop spreading false facts ty and have a nice day
non of ur business

Kuwait, Kuwait

#431 Aug 12, 2013
@ pizza man......why don't you stuff ur face with pizza then go top urself.
abid

London, UK

#432 Oct 24, 2013
This really depends on which type of afghan you are talking about.
Tgrre are three main types of afghans: pashtuns (me) blonde hair blue eyes fair skin, tajiks: black/brown hair iranian skin colour and hazaras : chinky eyed people who are descendants of the conquerer ghengis khan who was brought down to his knees in Afghanistan by the pashtuns. Afghan name was originally a name for the pashtuns but the previous king of Afghanistan wanted to unite its people under one banner so he decided to call the country Afghanistan.
Afghanistan means: land of the afghans in other words land of the pashtuns who are the only pure aryan race alive til today.
Sam

Feltham, UK

#433 Nov 12, 2013
Afghans DO NOT LOOK indian! Who thinks that? They are generally light skinned and looks persian/ greek etc. I went to kabul myself and can judge from what ive seen- they have blue,green, grey eyes even blonde hair which looks as if their european.
Sam

Feltham, UK

#434 Nov 12, 2013
Afghans do not look indian/pakistani(asian)? Who think that? They generally look persian/greek they are usually light skinned some tanned but they are far off from asians and this is no disrespect but ive been to afghanistan myself therefore i can judge from what ive seen and mostly they're are many with blue,green, grey eyes even blondes!

ps- Afghanistan is in the Middle East
John

Feltham, UK

#435 Nov 12, 2013
Afghans are very diverse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 4 min Confused 251
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 775,621
Gay snapchat names 9 min Pittspens71 150
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Oxbow 559,634
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Rick in Kansas 265,185
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 29 min McGold 661
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr preteen girl 605,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web