Are afghans and turks white?
Give DC the Boot

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#23 Jan 11, 2010
Sometimes - depends on how they act.

Imagine freedom. Yes you can. Imagine what life could be like without the I.R.S. stealing half of what you earn. Without the D.E.A. telling you that you can't wear or smoke what you grow in your garden. Without the A.T.F. preventing you from defending your family. Without the DHS not guarding your borders. You can do it. The revolution starts now. Join us.......or at least send a few bucks.
http://governorsteele.com/
kan

Bursa, Turkey

#24 Jan 24, 2010
turks are racially very similar to those of other mediterannean stock, particularly of italians and spaniards. Usually fairer than italians. Just travel there and see yourself!
Turks

London, UK

#25 Jan 29, 2010
kan wrote:
turks are racially very similar to those of other mediterannean stock, particularly of italians and spaniards. Usually fairer than italians. Just travel there and see yourself!
Turks definitely have Mongol in them too. Most Turks today are a hybrid caucasian-Mongoloid people.
Aria

Toronto, Canada

#27 Feb 26, 2010
You idiots are so stupid.
Pashtuns that make up most of Afghanistan are light skinned.(Caucasian)and haven't you seen the girl in national geographic with green eyes? She is pashtun!
Tajiks are light skinned they are second in majority population about 20 to 30% while pashtuns are about 60 percent. they usually have dark hair dark eyes but light skin and Caucasian features.
Pashais/nuristanis are light skinned
these 3 groups above are light skinned and Caucasian with blonde hair and blue eyes
the hazaras uzbeks look mongolian/chinese
Afghans is a nationality while in the country there are many groups! Which ones do you refer to?
Aria

Toronto, Canada

#28 Feb 26, 2010
Please go and fu cking search the ethnic groups there up before you post some shi t you fu cking nut cases
TiestoIZking

Perth, Australia

#29 Mar 9, 2010
im afghan.
its funny hearing some people say we look indian or mongol or what ever.
Im from the province of wardak. about 85% of my familly have light eyes, light skin, light hair.I even hav a cousin that has fire engine red hair, greyish eyes, pale white skin and freckles. We torment her of her looks becuase, even to us she looks like a pure caucasion LOL
Just like ny nationality, people look different.

“They see me trollin'”

Since: Jan 10

Agra, India

#31 Mar 9, 2010
TiestoIZking wrote:
im afghan.
its funny hearing some people say we look indian or mongol or what ever.
Im from the province of wardak. about 85% of my familly have light eyes, light skin, light hair.I even hav a cousin that has fire engine red hair, greyish eyes, pale white skin and freckles. We torment her of her looks becuase, even to us she looks like a pure caucasion LOL
Just like ny nationality, people look different.
Exactly! Some people think if you see one you've seen 'em all. The Tajiks and Hazara are the ones that appear Mongolian.

:)
spoon

Istanbul, Turkey

#32 Mar 12, 2010
ones who think turks look like mongolians are pure idiots. come on guys, i know turks came from central asia but they are heavily mixed.they look like other south european people. btw, im from turkey(and also i mentioned turks as "they",dont mind)and i know how do turks look, because i see millions of them everyday.
cdns

Toronto, Canada

#33 Mar 14, 2010
Dr. Oz is 100% Turkish, if he looks caucasian to you then that should answer your question about Turks.

Afghans are caucasian by race according to geneticists.
Amir

Silver Spring, MD

#34 Mar 19, 2010
Haha you stupid Afghans, your country was taken over and you stupid pigs never had a real country. You people don't know your ass from your head and come to Pakistan for a better life. Pakistanis then beat you and treat you like the dirty Hindus. HAHAHAHAHa. Haha you claim you look like Turks or Iranians you look nothing like us. You look like mangled turds that come out of my ass mixed with the ugly Hindus from India. Ahhahahahah
jayjay

Mississauga, Canada

#35 Mar 19, 2010
in my opinion, i think afghans are caucasian. theyre all euro looking. i have white skin and green eyes, most of my family is like that, and i considered us all afgs white, cept for the dark ones which i call tan or fairskin.
Noah

Netherlands

#37 Mar 20, 2010
Asian turkey meat is dark. Europe turkey meat is white.
very simple.
Noah

Netherlands

#38 Mar 20, 2010
Asia Turkey- dark meat. Europe Turkey- whitemeat.
Noah

Flint Hill, VA

#39 Mar 20, 2010
Euro Turk- white. Asian Turk- dark meat.
Turkish

Gentbrugge, Belgium

#41 Mar 20, 2010
Afghans are for 90% fair skinned.(I have a lot of Afghan friends) I even know a afghan girl with Pale skin and red hair.
Turks are more mixed. In North and West Turkey people are mostly fair skinned. While in Central and East Turkey ppl are dark skinned.
Arzo

Chicopee, MA

#42 Apr 3, 2010
Racism is so out-dated. We are all the children of Adam. Pashtuns, the ethnic Afghans, are however Caucasoid. I traveled to Afghanistan many years ago. The people look like they came straight off of a page from the Bible. They look the same as the pictures depicting the ancient Israelites. Afghans and Pakistani Punjabis/Indians do not look alike. Afghans are taller, fairer, with semitic noses, caucasian bone structures, and their eyes have a shine to them (compared with the dravidian eyes which look different). If you happen to travel about in Pakistan's Punjabi dominated areas (the great majority of the country) and then drive up north to Pashtun (Afghan) areas... as soon as you drive into the North West Fronteir provinces and Tribal Areas bordering Afghanistan where ethnic Pashtuns (Afghans) reside...you will immediately see the sharp contrast. Different people, different origin, language, culture, appearance, and dress. We should all appreciate the differences in our heritage and try to embrace it. So Pakistanis shouldn't get mad about it. Everyone is beautiful in their own way because God created us all as unique groups and tribes. :)
Turan

Istanbul, Turkey

#43 Apr 25, 2010
The greeks were definitely from african origin from Ethiopia, there are written facts from researchers. So, how come greeks had given the lightness to Turks, they were all blacks as today's negros in Africa...The origin of Turks goes back to Altay area where white tribes lived differing from those mongolic neighbour population. Consider Cumans who were with light haired and blue/green eyed. Original Turks are white, not mongolic or dark as iranians, kurds, arabs or other middle eastern people.
andet1987

Crane Hill, AL

#44 Apr 25, 2010
elizabeth tayor wrote:
I had the great pleasure of visiting afghanistan and turkey last summer! Both countries were beautiful and I noticed that afghans and turks appear to be caucasian. Especially in Afghanistan i saw so many women,children, and even old men with blonde hair, red hair, blue eye, green eyes. Are these nationalities white in history?? are there more middleastern nationalities that look like this? I researched alot about this but I want to hear what real afghans and turks have to say
i saw the movie Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor (not Tayor). when i worked in Saudi Arabia in the 1980s, i had a Turk boyfriend. he looked white. he does not know how to speak English though. yes, i saw a lot a Lebanese men also who were very handsome, and they looked white. Saudi Arabia had lots of contract workers from other neighboring middle east countries.
James

Calgary, Canada

#45 May 10, 2010
lalalalala wrote:
<quoted text>
I def disagree with you, ive been to afghanistan and the majority of them are light skinned and persian. they are either european or persian. and look NOTHING like pakistanis who are generally all very dark.
Yeah I have to agree. I served in Afghanistan in 2007 and I noticed many Afghans with red and blonde hair. I havent been to Pakistan but most Pakistanis are generally darker. Then again it is hard to identify who or what is a Pakistani because Pakistan has so many ethnic groups. The Pashtuns who are ethnically Afghans are probably the whitest people in Pakistan.
Kakar

Nottingham, UK

#46 May 22, 2010
What are you talking about even British talked of Pashtuns as fair skinned and most of all honourable and freedom like people Pashtuns has never been occupied by anyone and you talk of nuristanis and pashais and pamiris if Pashtuns would have been occupied then so the rest of these people you are talking of being rig vidic or what ever would have been too because Pashtuns are the only people in the world who as a whole never been occupied or subdued including the Tajiks and other ethnic groups as well they all have been free and you razdan where you are from I don't know but you are full of shit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Aura Mytha 56,165
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min truth 650,559
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 18 min Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 32 min Thinking 73
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 52 min sanchezjason48 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr ChristineM 445,930
More from around the web