ymca youth sports

Since: Feb 12

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Apr 23, 2013
I was very hesitant when the YMCA took over the HCCYL youth leagues at Ruff Park!! Now I see why people are complaining every night about things that happen out there and how things are being run. First thing was changing game times from 5:45 to 5:15. A lot of the parents and coaches have complained about this. There are pros and cons about this!! A lot of the parents do not get off work until 5:00 and a lot of the kids do not get off there school buses until 4:00 to 4:30. This makes it hard to get there by game time!! The only thing that is the same as it has been in the past is the keeping of the umpires we have had for the last five years. They do an awesome job. They are absolutely outstanding with the kids,coaches and parents. They really do care about the kids!!! And the kids really care about them. They make sure the kids have fun and are always concerned for the kids safety at all times. These umpires do more than calling balls and strikes and safe and out. They always are encouraging the kids and make them feel easy and make the game fun for the kids as well as the parents. We hope these umpires will be around for quite sometimes because they are so good at what they do and Great with our children. Two of these umpires names are Debbie and Randy Mayton and a big shout out should go to them!! They have umpired and taught umpiring for years! They are really special people that deserve a pat on the back and a big THANK YOU!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Aerobatty 989,927
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 42,615
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 29 min what I do 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min kent 690,645
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,278
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 47
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 6
More from around the web