Yes

No

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#104553 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.....are you serious? LMAO
You asked for a link that describes Christians murdering doctors and blowing up hospitals. I provided one that details hundreds of acts of Christian terrorism (not to be confused with Christian atrocities, which are innumerable). Is the above your refutation?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#104554 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it have to be commanded to be true?
King James was gay.
Smile.
You seem to be obsessed with the little boy penis and who was gay or not. What else concerns you? Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.

The report was largely ignored since there were still enough people alive who knew it wasn't true. In fact, it lay dormant for years, until recently when it was picked up by atheists who hoped that vilifying King James, would tarnish the Bible that bears his name so that Christians would turn away from God's book.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104555 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow that was so evil, are you saying we can use youtube to prove something? ok let's all post garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ejsD1v6YU10XX
No, but the fact that video evidence exists to detail the horrors and immorality that religion consistently delivers upon humanity doesn't sit well with you, does it? And your video is one that makes fun of Christian nutcases like yourself. It's funny. You should watch it.

Sacramento, CA

#104556 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are, then, claiming to be under constant mind surveillance?
Not the way you make it sound.

Sacramento, CA

#104557 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for a link that describes Christians murdering doctors and blowing up hospitals. I provided one that details hundreds of acts of Christian terrorism (not to be confused with Christian atrocities, which are innumerable). Is the above your refutation?
People like Westboro and the army of God are not Christians just as ISIS people are not Muslims. Anyone can hi-jack a religion. Personally I feel sorry for my Muslim friends that live peacefully and are constantly looked at.

Sacramento, CA

#104558 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the fact that video evidence exists to detail the horrors and immorality that religion consistently delivers upon humanity doesn't sit well with you, does it? And your video is one that makes fun of Christian nutcases like yourself. It's funny. You should watch it.
I agree posting youtube videos is nonsense. The first thing I do is to make sure I don't watch them, how funny that you do. I have been criticized in the past for doing the same.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104559 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be obsessed with the little boy penis and who was gay or not. What else concerns you? Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.
The report was largely ignored since there were still enough people alive who knew it wasn't true. In fact, it lay dormant for years, until recently when it was picked up by atheists who hoped that vilifying King James, would tarnish the Bible that bears his name so that Christians would turn away from God's book.
Are you now trying to claim that KING JAMES' OWN, PERSONAL WRITINGS do not indicate clearly that he was gay (or perhaps even bisexual)? Have you ever read his writings? Are you claiming there was ONLY ONE person that asserted he was gay?

He loved men. He slept with men. He was called "queen James." Are you disputing these known, documented, historical facts? Or are you claiming that men sleeping with men and having sexual relationships with men is not an indicator of homosexuality?

Here, read a little about his personal relationships, IN HIS OWN WORDS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_relatio...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104560 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>People like Westboro and the army of God are not Christians just as ISIS people are not Muslims. Anyone can hi-jack a religion. Personally I feel sorry for my Muslim friends that live peacefully and are constantly looked at.
Ahh, the no true scotsman defense. Weak sauce.

ISIS are Mulsims. Westboro is Christian. Deal with it. I feel sorry for Christians who do not believe in the literal bible, and merely attempt to live their lives as Christ did - caring for the poor, hating no one, spreading no hate and bigotry, asserting equality, caring for the the sick, and protecting children.

Because people like you have hijacked THEIR religion.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104561 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Not the way you make it sound.
LOL. Make it sound? Either you are or your aren't under constant mind surveillance. I make it sound COMPLETELY INSANE.

Because it is.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#104562 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
People like Westboro and the army of God are not Christians just as ISIS people are not Muslims.
They SAY they are. The members of Westboro believe in Jesus, and that seems to be the basic qualifying condition. They would probably say that YOU'RE not a real Christian.

This seems problematic. How does anyone, especially a religious outsider, determine who is a Christian and who isn't, when you all can't agree on this among yourselves? It seems that the best thing to do is just to take someone at their word when they adopt a label, and call them what they want to be called.

RiccardoFire wrote:
Anyone can hi-jack a religion.
This would seem to make religious labels unreliable. Strange that God would create something which is so "hi-jackable", especially something which is intended to be the main expression of faith.

This over-diversity of Christianity really demonstrates the problem of religion. Scripture is SO "interpretable" that everyone comes away from it with their own version, prompting one group of Christians to accuse another group of doing it wrong. Which group is to be believed? Which Christians are "true" Christians, and which are impostors? Why aren't the readers of scripture and the followers of Christ more unified?

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#104563 Sep 3, 2014
Hush guys hahaha.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#104564 Sep 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
I was waiting for a different comeback.

Ever heard of the violent anti-abortion fanatics?

How about the Westborough Baptist fanatics? I'm sure they would kill if they had the balls.

All religious fanatics are dangerous.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104565 Sep 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the Westborough Baptist fanatics? I'm sure they would kill if they had the balls.
All religious fanatics are dangerous. No doubt about it. But where do the fanatics get their legitimacy, on what foundation are their fanatical and dangerous beliefs constructed?

Moderate belief.

Everyone wants to treat their own group of fanatics like some "squeaky-wheel faction." They are dismissed using the no true scotsman defense. But why, I ask, are they dismissed? Why aren't they removed? Why are there not hundreds of thousands of Catholics lining the gates at the Vatican to demand the prosecution of the thousands of child sex predators harbored there? Why is there no Muslim army in the deserts of Northern Iraq hellbent on destroying Sharia governments and groups like ISIS?

The answer is simple. Because they aren't a faction. They aren't a squeaky wheel. They are simply one step among thousands beyond those who call themselves "moderates."

There will never be a protest of Catholics at the Vatican. There will never be an army built to confront ISIS. Because there is no demand for either.

Religion is evil.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#104566 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
All religious fanatics are dangerous. No doubt about it. But where do the fanatics get their legitimacy, on what foundation are their fanatical and dangerous beliefs constructed?
Moderate belief.
Everyone wants to treat their own group of fanatics like some "squeaky-wheel faction." They are dismissed using the no true scotsman defense. But why, I ask, are they dismissed? Why aren't they removed? Why are there not hundreds of thousands of Catholics lining the gates at the Vatican to demand the prosecution of the thousands of child sex predators harbored there? Why is there no Muslim army in the deserts of Northern Iraq hellbent on destroying Sharia governments and groups like ISIS?
The answer is simple. Because they aren't a faction. They aren't a squeaky wheel. They are simply one step among thousands beyond those who call themselves "moderates."
There will never be a protest of Catholics at the Vatican. There will never be an army built to confront ISIS. Because there is no demand for either.
Religion is evil.
Not exactly. There a psychopaths who use many excuses to accomplish what they do. Religion is a way to gain power and control so they can carry out their evil agendas. Religion is not the only way. They can be mob bosses or politicians who have carved out a niche. The Pope has spoken out as well as Islamic leaders against ISIS. Even Al-q'ueda has renounced their tactics. They will ultimately be squished like bugs.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#104567 Sep 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. There a psychopaths who use many excuses to accomplish what they do. Religion is a way to gain power and control so they can carry out their evil agendas. Religion is not the only way. They can be mob bosses or politicians who have carved out a niche. The Pope has spoken out as well as Islamic leaders against ISIS. Even Al-q'ueda has renounced their tactics. They will ultimately be squished like bugs.
So if religion is used to "gain power and carry out evil agendas," why aren't the religious cleaning out their own closets?

The Pope is the head of the world's largest child rape and torture organization. Him speaking out against anything is like Bush calling out Assad for war crimes.

ISIS will not be squiched out like bugs. They will transform into another nutty faction. Just like Catholics will not stop child rape and torture, they will simply move them to other children in different areas.

Sacramento, CA

#104568 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now trying to claim that KING JAMES' OWN, PERSONAL WRITINGS do not indicate clearly that he was gay (or perhaps even bisexual)? Have you ever read his writings? Are you claiming there was ONLY ONE person that asserted he was gay?
He loved men. He slept with men. He was called "queen James." Are you disputing these known, documented, historical facts? Or are you claiming that men sleeping with men and having sexual relationships with men is not an indicator of homosexuality?
Here, read a little about his personal relationships, IN HIS OWN WORDS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_relatio...
How funny, now after being focused on little boys Penises you are joining the party about someone that lived over 400 years ago when we are still arguing about things like 9/11. His own words he said he loved some of his male friends, I have male friends that I love. That doesn't mean I'm in love with them as with my wife. Have you studied the culture and do you understand words are different now? Even in the 1950's people used to use the word "gay" in a different manner. The king had children. I don't really care what he did in bed, why does it matter to you so much? He was human like all of us. Next you will say Jesus was gay because he walked around with men.

Sacramento, CA

#104569 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the no true scotsman defense. Weak sauce.
ISIS are Mulsims. Westboro is Christian. Deal with it. I feel sorry for Christians who do not believe in the literal bible, and merely attempt to live their lives as Christ did - caring for the poor, hating no one, spreading no hate and bigotry, asserting equality, caring for the the sick, and protecting children.
Because people like you have hijacked THEIR religion.
ISIS are not followers of Islam and the Koran. They proved it with the last person they beheaded. ISIS has hijacked Islam. Your lack of knowledge is leaking. A book is supposed to be read as a whole. The old Testament is mostly historical and showed man's failures and etc. It shows us why we need a Savior. With that said, I have no problem with anyone being an Atheist or any other beliefs as long as it's peaceful. You should do the same with Christians today.

Sacramento, CA

#104570 Sep 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
They have balls to protest at funerals. I agree that religious fanatics are dangerous but the post was replying to the hater that said Christians are a danger and evil. Religious fanatics hijack a belief and use it to kill just as the Atheist fanatics have done in history. No sane Christian today would say those Lawyers of Westboro are Christians, they do it to make money.

Sacramento, CA

#104571 Sep 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Ms Wastewater.

Sacramento, CA

#104572 Sep 3, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So if religion is used to "gain power and carry out evil agendas," why aren't the religious cleaning out their own closets?
The Pope is the head of the world's largest child rape and torture organization. Him speaking out against anything is like Bush calling out Assad for war crimes.
ISIS will not be squiched out like bugs. They will transform into another nutty faction. Just like Catholics will not stop child rape and torture, they will simply move them to other children in different areas.
Why should it be the religious cleaning up those that are not part of their religion and using it like ISIS? Those in Islam following it peacefully like the majority should not have the burden of those that are just plain evil. I know you love to talk about children, especially little boys and their body parts but the majority of Catholics are not doing what you fantasize about. There are people that are Atheist that are doing child rape too, therefore should we bash all Atheists?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 641,037
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Happy Lesbo 37,197
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Student 44,265
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 27 min Juicez7300 4,836
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 28 min BonBonz5522 382
Easter Seals of Arkansas you better call F Lee ... 29 min Popz7778 2
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 29 min Slurpz7574 53,748
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Sweety6754 280,848
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Nipz2876 969,789
More from around the web