Yes

No

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#104282 Aug 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you saying that being Jewish has helped the Jews? The most persecuted group in human history were made prosperous by their religion? Are you being sarcastic?
Hardly. You are ignorant of history. Why have Jews been persecuted throughout history? Their incredible success drives everyone around them crazy.

Look at the difference between Israel and every single country around them.

Here is another example:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/...

If you weren't a bigoted 'rational atheist' oxymoron, you would admit the Alien's prophecy is fulfilled right in front of your face.

SMile.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#104283 Aug 26, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
BTW, Ric, look what is depicted on our SCOTUS building as the basis for our laws. Many ancient lawgivers, the oldest of which is Menes. Others include Hammurabi, Solon, Mohammed, Confucius, Draco, Lycurgus, Justinian, Augustus, Napoleon, Charlemagne, Moses, Solomon, John Blackstone, John Marshall, etc. 18 in all and I can't remember the rest. There are 23 lawgivers depicted throughout the House of Reps. The basis of our laws are really quite interesting to learn about, though none are based on the religious aspect of a law, obviously.
That's right.

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Article 11, The Treaty of Tripoli, 1797
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar17...

Skippy the kangaroo knows your history better than some Americans.
:-)

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#104284 Aug 26, 2014
Toby wrote:
If you look at global polls on what countries approve of same sex marriages and socially accept homosexuals you will see that it is accepted in North America , Europe and most of Latin America. The countries that radically oppose of it is in Muslim nations and Africa, all religious fundamentalist backed societies are archaic and backwards,. Christian fundamentalist have much more in common with Islam then they will ever care to admit.
That's true, actually. I used to think that when MUQ was posting here.

The story of Lot and Sodom is also retold in the Quran. Even worse, it doesn't have the attempted rape incident, but just says that Lot condemned homosexuality in general.

For a place that was probably destroyed by a volcano, if it even existed, Sodom sure casts a long shadow.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#104285 Aug 26, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself bigot, same sex marriages aren't reliant on the opinions of bigoted fundamentalist like yourself to exist. There are millions of opposite sex marriages that can't produce children, are their marriages shameful or worthless. Also there are millions of heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex, and guess what it's none of your business, you worthless pile of shit. You're the topix fundamentalist anti-anal crusader, who for some reason believes your trifling opinion means anything in the real world, you are the heterosexual orientation nazi of topix obsessed with anal sex and other peoples sexual preferences,personally I think you are emotionally ill and have a severe personality disorder.
Yes, that's right. And it gets more and more obnoxious, as your States continue to fall like skittles or dominoes.
:-)

Location hidden

#104286 Aug 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no one is denying that. That's the problem. Hence the genocide, slavery, hatred, and 200-year delay in equality despite having "equality" as the cornerstone of our nation and written in SENTENCE ONE of our founding documents.
Very typical behavior for a place where religion is "an indelible part of social fabric."
You fail to establish a basis for equating ss couples to marriage.

You are ignorant that it was Christians in England and America at the forefront of opposition to slavery. That remains the case TO THIS DAY.

You deny the character of the people who created the most successful republic in history.

http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...

You are a classic example of the product of hate.

Smile.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#104287 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. You are ignorant of history. Why have Jews been persecuted throughout history? Their incredible success drives everyone around them crazy.
Look at the difference between Israel and every single country around them.
Here is another example:
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/...
If you weren't a bigoted 'rational atheist' oxymoron, you would admit the Alien's prophecy is fulfilled right in front of your face.
SMile.
There is no alien prophecy, and while I hate to be stereotypical, Jews have success because they are intelligent and thoughtful, not because of any type of divine intervention. And they suck at sports. So, just like any other sect of humanity, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Please, tell me what a Jewish person can do or has done that a non-Jewish person cannot. Until you can, your contention is as ignorant as your religion.

Do you seriously claim to be under constant surveillance by an invisible alien?

#104288 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail to establish a basis for equating ss couples to marriage.
You are ignorant that it was Christians in England and America at the forefront of opposition to slavery. That remains the case TO THIS DAY.
You deny the character of the people who created the most successful republic in history.
http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...
You are a classic example of the product of hate.
Smile.
I do not attempt to "establish a basis for equating gay couples to marriage. " The law establishes marriages, otherwise we're all just dating. No matter how many preachers tell you to kiss your spouse, you're not married until you establish it legally. Sorry. And we're permitting gay couples to do just that because the constituion. And again, there is nothing you can do about it.

Smile.

And yes, Christians are very good at correcting their atrocities. It just takes them a while. A couple thousand years for slavery and equality. Apparently, much longer to stop the suppression of science and medicine. And longer still for their crimes against children.

You are a classic example of a child who thinks Harry Potter is real. Only, much more damaging and evil.

#104289 Aug 26, 2014
http://actsandbeyond.org/abmi/...

Anyone who allows their child to be in contact with a religious leader is guilty of child endangerment and neglect.

It really has come to that.

#104290 Aug 26, 2014
http://www.christianpost.com/news/megachurch-...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025218...

More fun reading from the people who claim to possess both the moral high ground AND the right to judge the validity of marriages between people they have never met.

Location hidden

#104291 Aug 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no alien prophecy, and while I hate to be stereotypical, Jews have success because they are intelligent and thoughtful, not because of any type of divine intervention. And they suck at sports. So, just like any other sect of humanity, they have their strengths and weaknesses.
Please, tell me what a Jewish person can do or has done that a non-Jewish person cannot. Until you can, your contention is as ignorant as your religion.
Do you seriously claim to be under constant surveillance by an invisible alien?
You made a challenge which I answered. You negate it by an unvalidated claim of sucking at sports????

You are a bigoted farce.

Snicker.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#104292 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

You are a bigoted farce.
More projection from the self-loathing hermaphrodite.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#104293 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I recognize that a law may be enacted that is in conflict with reality and justice.
Same-sex marriage laws are in conflict with nothing, since marriage does not exist outside of the law. If the laws says that it recognizes a relationship between whatever two people, and that they are entitled to a suite of rights and protections for their relationship, then reality is not being violated in any way. There is no "non-legal" form of marriage to be in conflict with the legal form. Marriage is what the law says it is. Reality has no other opinion.

But of all the nonsense... now you want to bring justice into this? Do you honestly think that it's an "injustice" for the government to recognize the bond between a gay couple as family? Is someone being "victimized" here? Should someone be going to jail? I can't imagine what kind of concept of "justice" you have if you think that you've been wronged somehow by same-sex marriage, and that someone must be punished for it.
KiMare wrote:
It will not last, because it NEVER has in 8,000 years of human history ANYWHERE.
The world has never been like it is today. We've never had the ability to communicate so instantly and wide-spread as we do now. Ideas have never had the platform they have today. People have never been able to organize on a world-wide scale before. And the Bible's stranglehold on culture and law has never been so weak as it is now.

Oh yes, it'll last.

You sound like you're protesting the movable-type printing press. Darn kids and their new-fangled Gutenbergs! It'll never last.
KiMare wrote:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over thinking the result will be different.
Oh, you mean like all the religious people who pray that God will stop same-sex marriage? Over and over? Yeah, that's insanity, all right.

Our results are already different. We are not repeating some failed campaign from the past. This is all new, never been done before. And it's WORKING. Judge after judge after judge. The insanity lies with those who think that the end result will be any different than the pattern has been.

#104294 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a challenge which I answered. You negate it by an unvalidated claim of sucking at sports????
You are a bigoted farce.
Snicker.
No, you tried to claim that being Jewish has created Jewish success, but didn't offer evidence of anything Jewish people can do that a non-Jew can do. Your answer was meaningless and wasn't an answer at all.

And you're still avoiding the questions because they force you to admit that your doctor needs to your dosage.

Location hidden

#104295 Aug 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you tried to claim that being Jewish has created Jewish success, but didn't offer evidence of anything Jewish people can do that a non-Jew can do. Your answer was meaningless and wasn't an answer at all.
And you're still avoiding the questions because they force you to admit that your doctor needs to your dosage.
You make my point.

Anyone should be able to do what the Jews have accomplished, only they haven't. And to top it off, no culture has faced the persecution that Jews have and survived, let alone thrived.

The Alien just blew your challenge off the planet.

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#104296 Aug 26, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Same-sex marriage laws are in conflict with nothing, since marriage does not exist outside of the law. If the laws says that it recognizes a relationship between whatever two people, and that they are entitled to a suite of rights and protections for their relationship, then reality is not being violated in any way. There is no "non-legal" form of marriage to be in conflict with the legal form. Marriage is what the law says it is. Reality has no other opinion.
But of all the nonsense... now you want to bring justice into this? Do you honestly think that it's an "injustice" for the government to recognize the bond between a gay couple as family? Is someone being "victimized" here? Should someone be going to jail? I can't imagine what kind of concept of "justice" you have if you think that you've been wronged somehow by same-sex marriage, and that someone must be punished for it.
<quoted text>
The world has never been like it is today. We've never had the ability to communicate so instantly and wide-spread as we do now. Ideas have never had the platform they have today. People have never been able to organize on a world-wide scale before. And the Bible's stranglehold on culture and law has never been so weak as it is now.
Oh yes, it'll last.
You sound like you're protesting the movable-type printing press. Darn kids and their new-fangled Gutenbergs! It'll never last.
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like all the religious people who pray that God will stop same-sex marriage? Over and over? Yeah, that's insanity, all right.
Our results are already different. We are not repeating some failed campaign from the past. This is all new, never been done before. And it's WORKING. Judge after judge after judge. The insanity lies with those who think that the end result will be any different than the pattern has been.
Eddy, the moveable type printing press existed for a moment in time. Homosexuality has always been present in human history. Nothing new fangled about it. Especially since marriage has been present too.

You keep exposing a denial that makes you embarrassingly stupid.

When ss couples are as complex as married couples, as sexually complementary and can mutually bear fruit, then get back to me about equality.

Smile.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#104297 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Eddy, the moveable type printing press existed for a moment in time. Homosexuality has always been present in human history. Nothing new fangled about it. Especially since marriage has been present too.
People have always been easily able to point to Leviticus, too, and expect to patted on the back for their morality and initiative. Now, much of the civilized world simply laughs at such hubris. The "biblical" defense of stoning and ostracization is crumbling. The new-fangled concept is the realization that gays are normal people who deserve full legal equality, and it's catching on fast. There won't be any turning it around. Don't expect society to go back to the old way. We're done with bans on marriage, military service, adoption, the whole mess.
KiMare wrote:
When ss couples are as complex as married couples, as sexually complementary and can mutually bear fruit, then get back to me about equality.
Oh, you bet I will, because you are obviously in charge of meting out legal equality. I'll rush right to you, because you'll... um... do what exactly? Why would I be getting back to you? What have I been lacking which you could supply me with?
NO HATE FROM ME

Louisville, KY

#104298 Aug 26, 2014
The last time I attended church was 4 months ago. I remember the sermon well and will paraphrase as remembered.

Jesus said he is the path to heaven but what Jesus never said was that atheists, homosexuals, or any other non Christian must believe in Jesus in order to get to heaven. Understand ?

I realize this falls on deaf ears due to your lack of belief but I must emphasize that the facts you consider as truth is nothing more than your opinion.

The suppression of science ? Evolution is taught in Christian schools and it was a Catholic who first proposed the Big Bang Theory. Many great scientists have been Christian including the most brilliant mind of all, Galileo.

Medicine ? I believe the inventor of penicillin, Fleming , conducted his research at St. Mary hospital. There are many more Christians striving in fields of medicine today.

It may be hard to imagine but there are extremists in every walk of life , with or without religion.

As far as aids in Africa goes your post proves religion is there to help while the rest of humanity mocks and criticizes from the sidelines. Im with you on condemns but can also realize abstinence is the only sure way not to get HIV. Unrealistic ? yes but true.

Have a nice day.

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church preaches hatred. They terrify children with made-up images of hell, and tell them they will burn there for eternity if they don't believe as told. They tell children their thoughts are constantly monitored by an invisible monster who will PUNISH THEM for those thoughts if they are wrong. And all this after they've had their genitals mutilated, and faced the most serious chances of being raped and tortured in their church. And that's just the appalling facts about Christianity and children. We haven't even gotten to their ACCEPTED DOCTRINE of hating gay people, the suppression of science and medicine, etc. Just look at what they do in Africa, the most religious continent on Earth, and a place where AIDS kills more people than every other place combined. They tell them that AIDS is bad, yes, but not as bad as condoms.
This is hate. This is ignorance. This is evil. Any way you look at it, you'll see that. Unless YOU JUST WON'T OPEN YOUR EYES.

#104299 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
So couples who do not have children are not equal to those that do? It's a yes or no question. And so is this one. Do you really claim to be under constant monitoring by an alien?

#104300 Aug 26, 2014
NO HATE FROM ME wrote:
The last time I attended church was 4 months ago. I remember the sermon well and will paraphrase as remembered.
Jesus said he is the path to heaven but what Jesus never said was that atheists, homosexuals, or any other non Christian must believe in Jesus in order to get to heaven. Understand ?
I realize this falls on deaf ears due to your lack of belief but I must emphasize that the facts you consider as truth is nothing more than your opinion.
<quoted text>
No, that is your opinion, and not a fact. You're trying to pretend that a sermon negates thousands of years of bigotry and hate perpetrated by your religion.

It doesn't.
NO HATE FROM ME wrote:
The suppression of science ? Evolution is taught in Christian schools and it was a Catholic who first proposed the Big Bang Theory. Many great scientists have been Christian including the most brilliant mind of all, Galileo.
<quoted text>
You mean the Gallileo the Catholic Church JAILED for nine years for claiming the Earth wasn't the center of the universe? Evolution is NOT taught in Christian schools. It is sometimes broached, but is polluted with LIES about imaginary floods and "intelligent design" hogwash that is obviously NOT VERY INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED.

And most people aren't Christians. Far fewer scientists are.
NO HATE FROM ME wrote:
Medicine ? I believe the inventor of penicillin, Fleming , conducted his research at St. Mary hospital. There are many more Christians striving in fields of medicine today.
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that religion was needed to invent penicillin?

Hope not. That's just dumb.
NO HATE FROM ME wrote:
It may be hard to imagine but there are extremists in every walk of life , with or without religion.
As far as aids in Africa goes your post proves religion is there to help while the rest of humanity mocks and criticizes from the sidelines. Im with you on condemns but can also realize abstinence is the only sure way not to get HIV. Unrealistic ? yes but true.
Have a nice day.
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that religion helps AIDS in Africa and that secular organizations don't?

Hope not. That's dumb.

Location hidden

#104301 Aug 26, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
People have always been easily able to point to Leviticus, too, and expect to patted on the back for their morality and initiative. Now, much of the civilized world simply laughs at such hubris. The "biblical" defense of stoning and ostracization is crumbling. The new-fangled concept is the realization that gays are normal people who deserve full legal equality, and it's catching on fast. There won't be any turning it around. Don't expect society to go back to the old way. We're done with bans on marriage, military service, adoption, the whole mess.
<quoted text>
Oh, you bet I will, because you are obviously in charge of meting out legal equality. I'll rush right to you, because you'll... um... do what exactly? Why would I be getting back to you? What have I been lacking which you could supply me with?
LOL, you shifted from printing presses to Leviticus??? You really are desperate, aren't you.

The reality is, apart from the Bible, ss couples are inferior to marriage. They clearly are not the same relationship and all you can do is wave a piece of paper. Do you understand how silly that is?

SMile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 263,627
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 3 min Ed Teach 69
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 10 min DILF 489
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,151
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min Rozan 1,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Chris Clearwater 175,052
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Michael 555,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 603,709

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE