No 41,776 73%
Yes 15,088 26%

Current Total 56,864

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#103753 Aug 8, 2014
Kermudgeon wrote:
I don't care how anyone likes their sex. I just personally find homosexuality gross.
Nobody's forcing you to watch. And I bet you wouldn't consider that such a terrible hardship, if it was two girls.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#103754 Aug 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that you have made a case that homosexuality is a sexual defect on so many levels?
No, only according to a blathering maggot and failed preacher called Greg Kirschmann. Can't stay away from this forum, hey? Probably because you don't have a life.

The only time I will bother to acknowledge you this time, is to give you this. Who better to put you in your place than a blonde drag queen.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#103755 Aug 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Most recent?
Hama fires thousands of rockets at Israel, kills a Palestinian in Israel and numerous Gazans. They caused MORE damage in Gaza than they did in Israel.
The spend years digging tunnels to attack women and children. Days before they are to be used, they are destroyed.
There is no rational explanation for such a complete failure in TWO major focuses.
... huh?

WHAT does this prove, again? The successes and failures of two peoples at war? Is there magic involved? Do I NEED a rational explanation why a God would pit one group of humans against another? You're right, I have no rational explanation for that. If your God is real, then he's a bloodthirsty gladiator fan.

Is a talking animal coming soon? The dead rising from their graves, a la Matthew 27:52?

Your standards for proof are FAR too low.
KiMare wrote:
The Alien said He would protect His people. You have no explanation for their existence and success in the face of centuries of persecution and irrational hate.
You're right, I have no explanation for this Alien. I wonder what other Christians would say about it. You are the only Christian I've ever met who describes their supernatural Holy Father in terms of Sigourney Weaver. I guess the Protestants and Lutherans and Methodists and Buddhists and Shinto and Shiites and everybody but you just don't WAN'T to believe.

I'm sure RiccardoFire would agree with you perfectly that God should be characterized as an alien, right?

I also don't understand why this Alien WOULD choose one group of people over another, and then send them to war against each other. The thrill of violence, I guess, which is a common thrill for many people today, just as it was for those living in the Bronze Age. It makes sense that their stories would reflect gods (or aliens) which behave the same way. It's no different today.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103756 Aug 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Do you understand that you have made a case that homosexuality is a sexual defect on so many levels?
No, I've only argued that homosexuality is a point along a spectrum, like all human sexuality. That's how people work.

But if homosexuality WERE a defect, what would that say about how you want to treat people with physiological defects?

I suppose it would be in line with Leviticus 21:18. Handed down by the Righteous Alien.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103757 Aug 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
I've heard it said Chaz is a real drag for the gay community.
No, I like him. He's a brave example against unnecessarily rigid gender roles.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Jennifer Elia has revealed that she prefers her ... intimate relationship as a now 'straight couple, can we conclude that a sex change to Chaz made Jennifer change from a Lesbian or bi-sexual to a happy straight person?
No. She was in love with a PERSON, regardless of their gender. She, and Chaz, and EVERYONE, should be free to choose the person they want to join their lives with, regardless of their gender.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Some people can change from straight to gay, and you ought to acknowledge that.
They can't. They are capable of attraction to EITHER gender, or to one or to the other. But whatever they feel, it isn't anyone ELSE'S duty to impose an expectation upon them. They should be celebrated for finding love AT ALL, a difficult enough task, rather than being condemned for finding the "wrong" love.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Your comments hurt people that do change.
Oh, you just let THEM come and make that argument. You don't speak for them. All I see are "ex-gay" people admitting that they still feel same-sex feelings, and that they're desperately sorry for all the harm they've caused by pretending to be changed.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Just because you can't, doesn't mean others can't. Last time I googled Gay, your photo doesn't appear, you are not the gay model.
Google Bisexual, also. You won't find me there, either. I'm not TRYING to be anyone's model. I'm not telling people that their choice of spouse is not good enough by my personal standards.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103758 Aug 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
You are mean.
I'm sure you'd like to think so. Let a bisexual come and tell me that.
RiccardoFire wrote:
There are many that have chosen and it's there right to do so. Is it your business if a person decides to be straight or gay?
How does that work? Can you do it? Can anyone? Is there a muscle to flex, or a spell to cast? I've known gay people who spent their lives praying to God to not be gay. Why didn't this work? Why didn't they simply CHOOSE to be straight? What is the mechanism which makes this possible? Where is your scientific research which shows how you reached your conclusion?
RiccardoFire wrote:
I do agree though that it is a sexual defect, but with that said, we should not treat anyone bad.
Including allowing them to choose who they legally bond their life to? People with Down syndrome are not prevented from marrying. Surely the same right can be extended to gay people.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103759 Aug 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
You probably have someone Christian in your family or among your friends, even if you're not aware of it. You certainly rely on the services of Christian doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, bank tellers, grocers, school teachers and civil engineers in your community. Heck, you've even willingly chosen to visit a website discussing a religion topic, and you're engaging in conversation with the Christian people there. None of this has made you violent, or turned you into a Believer, or made your life unlivable in any way.
I DO have many Christian friends and family, but I'm not trying to argue that they can't marry who they want, or say that I don't even want to be around them, like Kermudgeon did.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103760 Aug 8, 2014
Mormons think their god lives on Planet Kolab. That should count as an alien. I guess.

It definitely counts as f_cking crazy.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#103761 Aug 8, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, only according to a blathering maggot and failed preacher called Greg Kirschmann. Can't stay away from this forum, hey? Probably because you don't have a life.
The only time I will bother to acknowledge you this time, is to give you this. Who better to put you in your place than a blonde drag queen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FtVgZrSMSPgXX
If that is his real name, you might be careful slandering a person, many people have been sued.

Sacramento, CA

#103762 Aug 8, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I like him. He's a brave example against unnecessarily rigid gender roles.
He basically went nuts growing up with those freaks that raised her, she was on drugs, was depressed and couldn't take the loss of sonny, therefore change into a man. That is really brave?

Sacramento, CA

#103763 Aug 8, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>

They can't. They are capable of attraction to EITHER gender, or to one or to the other. But whatever they feel, it isn't anyone ELSE'S duty to impose an expectation upon them. They should be celebrated for finding love AT ALL, a difficult enough task, rather than being condemned for finding the "wrong" love.
Many have changed from straight to gay to straight. You should acknowledge them and respect them for what they want in their lives. Bono's girlfriend is now straight, she has stated that. She has no interest in women anymore.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103764 Aug 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
He basically went nuts growing up with those freaks that raised her, she was on drugs, was depressed and couldn't take the loss of sonny, therefore change into a man.
Oh, "therefore" this all happened? He's just "nuts"? Good thing we have you to explain everyone's personal motives. I'm sure you're confident that you've just explained every transsexual person in the world. They're all heartbroken over Sonny. It's just that simple to deconstruct human beings.
RiccardoFire wrote:
That is really brave?
Yes, it is. You have no idea (and neither do I, for that matter) what it's like to feel as though you were born in the wrong body, and to feel the pressure of a world focused on gender roles. Considering that this world has homosexuals, transsexuals, hermaphrodites, intersex individuals, and the myriad of variations which small developmental fluctuations in the brain can bring, it should be no surprise or shock at all that humans run the gamut of sexual experiences. There's no call for making people feel shame or guilt for being different from the mainstream, because people ARE going to be different, yet such unnecessary shaming happens anyway, and those who pursue their version of happiness are BRAVE for pursuing it in the face of social disapproval.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#103765 Aug 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
Many have changed from straight to gay to straight. You should acknowledge them and respect them for what they want in their lives. Bono's girlfriend is now straight, she has stated that. She has no interest in women anymore.
Whatever she finds suitable for her life is no justification for expecting everyone to feel the same way. I applaud her, and anyone else, for finding happiness in a world where it can be scarce. I don't demand that anyone else follow her example.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#103766 Aug 9, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
... huh?
WHAT does this prove, again? The successes and failures of two peoples at war? Is there magic involved? Do I NEED a rational explanation why a God would pit one group of humans against another? You're right, I have no rational explanation for that. If your God is real, then he's a bloodthirsty gladiator fan.
Is a talking animal coming soon? The dead rising from their graves, a la Matthew 27:52?
Your standards for proof are FAR too low.
<quoted text>
You're right, I have no explanation for this Alien. I wonder what other Christians would say about it. You are the only Christian I've ever met who describes their supernatural Holy Father in terms of Sigourney Weaver. I guess the Protestants and Lutherans and Methodists and Buddhists and Shinto and Shiites and everybody but you just don't WAN'T to believe.
I'm sure RiccardoFire would agree with you perfectly that God should be characterized as an alien, right?
I also don't understand why this Alien WOULD choose one group of people over another, and then send them to war against each other. The thrill of violence, I guess, which is a common thrill for many people today, just as it was for those living in the Bronze Age. It makes sense that their stories would reflect gods (or aliens) which behave the same way. It's no different today.
So you have no explanation for the humiliating failure of Hamas.

And you align yourself with those you claim would deny an extra-terrestrial being can be accurately described as an 'Alien'.

Gotta love those 'rational atheist' oxymorons...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#103767 Aug 9, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've only argued that homosexuality is a point along a spectrum, like all human sexuality. That's how people work.
But if homosexuality WERE a defect, what would that say about how you want to treat people with physiological defects?
I suppose it would be in line with Leviticus 21:18. Handed down by the Righteous Alien.
Now you deny your own reasoning?

LGBT is FOUR PERCENT in the middle of sexuality.

Within that spectrum is a butch lesbian who is almost a man seeking to attract a lesbian who almost wants a man. For what purpose did that evolve?

You condemn me for keeping the reality of sexuality in the face of denial?

Over and over, you keep proving my point that you don't want the truth.

Smile.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103768 Aug 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Within that spectrum is a butch lesbian who is almost a man seeking to attract a lesbian who almost wants a man. For what purpose did that evolve?
Smile.
The value of homosexuality in any given population of animals is in raising the young. A small percentage of non-reproducing members helps to protect, raise and teach younger members of the species, and has proven invaluable in humans especially.

Why did your alien dictator make so many gay animals?

Location hidden

#103769 Aug 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
The value of homosexuality in any given population of animals is in raising the young. A small percentage of non-reproducing members helps to protect, raise and teach younger members of the species, and has proven invaluable in humans especially.
Why did your alien dictator make so many gay animals?
Um, no. That's a rejected theory. You might want to look up homosexuality and epigenetic mistakes...

Animals engage in same sex sexual behavior for numerous reasons, expressing domination being a primary one. They also eat shit and lick butts. You equate humans to that?

SMile.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103770 Aug 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Um, no. That's a rejected theory. You might want to look up homosexuality and epigenetic mistakes...
Animals engage in same sex sexual behavior for numerous reasons, expressing domination being a primary one. They also eat shit and lick butts. You equate humans to that?
SMile.
So your claim is that homosexuality exists in humans and animals at approximately the same rate, but for different reasons, with animals to "express domination" and in humans because they don't believe in your celestial dictator?

That's just as dumb as believing a man lived to be 900 years old and that snakes can talk.

Will you answer my questions about your religion though? I can't seem to get a coherent answer from anyone. Perhaps you have them:

Can your god make a rock so heavy that he can't lift it?

Do you think Anne Frank burning in hell right now?

Do you have any proof of the supernatural?

Is it moral to terrify children with images of hell?

Do you think moderate Christians lend credibility and legitimize fundamentalists, i.e., child rapists, doctor murderers, people who spread hate and bigotry?

King James was gay (or even bisexual). How does that affect how you view your version of the King James Bible?

Location hidden

#103771 Aug 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
SMile.
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So your claim is that homosexuality exists in humans and animals at approximately the same rate, but for different reasons, with animals to "express domination" and in humans because they don't believe in your celestial dictator?
That's just as dumb as believing a man lived to be 900 years old and that snakes can talk.
Will you answer my questions about your religion though? I can't seem to get a coherent answer from anyone. Perhaps you have them:
Can your god make a rock so heavy that he can't lift it?
Do you think Anne Frank burning in hell right now?
Do you have any proof of the supernatural?
Is it moral to terrify children with images of hell?
Do you think moderate Christians lend credibility and legitimize fundamentalists, i.e., child rapists, doctor murderers, people who spread hate and bigotry?
King James was gay (or even bisexual). How does that affect how you view your version of the King James Bible?
Um, where did I make that claim?

However, you clearly concede my points about epigenetics and animal anal practice.

There are many things in the Bible I can't explain yet. But that's not a problem for me.

However, how do you explain that the very first verse describes the big bang?

Or that the first chapter notes life out of the earth and that life being genderless?

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min LAWEST100 618,147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min VIKING 968,714
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min truth 44,112
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,895
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min truth 637,235
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min MUQ2 28,361
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr Divine mother 31
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web