59,181 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#103566 Jul 30, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>well said and thankfully back on topic.
What soy milk has to do with a discussion of sin is beyond me.
You would have to go back and see where it started if you are really that curious. Remember it takes more then just me to keep an off topic alive. And it's obvious you have not been paying attention, the topic was more towards GMO's, the crap scientists are creating. Why don't you go around and make sure we keep talking about gay and sin, I'm sure there is something new to add after all these posts, Why don't you add to it?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#103567 Jul 30, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You would have to go back and see where it started if you are really that curious. Remember it takes more then just me to keep an off topic alive. And it's obvious you have not been paying attention, the topic was more towards GMO's, the crap scientists are creating. Why don't you go around and make sure we keep talking about gay and sin, I'm sure there is something new to add after all these posts, Why don't you add to it?
Why do you specifically believe GMOs are bad for you? I don't mean that nonsense website you posted to telling you they're bad, but what about them personally bothers you?

Sacramento, CA

#103568 Jul 30, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Republican politics are viciously exclusionary to gay people. It should not be surprising that very few gays are Republicans. If we had more welcoming choices, I think you would see us on a wider variety of political "pages". But that is not going to happen while conservative politics treat us like dirt.
Your whining doesn't help, there are more gays then you realize in both parties. There is a gay Republican organization called the Log Cabin Republicans . Pennsylvania State Rep. Mike Fleck....but if you like what the most corrupt and worst President since WW2 is doing, keep eating his GMO's and enjoy your future healthcare.

Some stable somewhere

#103569 Jul 30, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Your whining doesn't help, there are more gays then you realize in both parties. There is a gay Republican organization called the Log Cabin Republicans . Pennsylvania State Rep. Mike Fleck....but if you like what the most corrupt and worst President since WW2 is doing, keep eating his GMO's and enjoy your future healthcare.
I think you should start or join a thread on GMO stuff.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103570 Jul 30, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Your whining doesn't help, there are more gays then you realize in both parties. There is a gay Republican organization called the Log Cabin Republicans . Pennsylvania State Rep. Mike Fleck....but if you like what the most corrupt and worst President since WW2 is doing, keep eating his GMO's and enjoy your future healthcare.
No one liked what Bush did. He is an admitted international war criminal who destroyed the greatest economy in the history of man. What's that got to do with anything?

Sacramento, CA

#103571 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you specifically believe GMOs are bad for you? I don't mean that nonsense website you posted to telling you they're bad, but what about them personally bothers you?
I suggest you go back to Japan and tell your countrymen that they are wrong about GMOs? A whole country won't allow it along with many other countries. http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/countr... Most all of EU countries. You need to go on a speaking tour promoting GMOs and how good they are for both consumption and the environment. LOL

Sacramento, CA

#103572 Jul 30, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should start or join a thread on GMO stuff.
I suggest if you don't like the topic, don't respond. What are you adding to the gay sin topic anyways?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103573 Jul 30, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nearly all Christians continue to believe the Bible is inspired by God. I think what you are talking about is the common literary mechanisms of allegory, parable, simile, metaphor, hyperbole, and irony that were never intended to be taken literally. Sounds like the Bible is way over your head, have someone explain it to you.
What does inspired word of God actually mean? Why are you being so abusive?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103574 Jul 30, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people without a rational, reasonable position - like this nutcase and his celestial dictator - often exhibit abusive behavior as a result of the disappointment in themselves and their position.

Wouldn't you be a bit short with people who constantly illustrated how much of a nutbag you are?

Location hidden

#103575 Jul 30, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people without a rational, reasonable position - like this nutcase and his celestial dictator - often exhibit abusive behavior as a result of the disappointment in themselves and their position.
Wouldn't you be a bit short with people who constantly illustrated how much of a nutbag you are?
Not really. Some of us are just slow learners. It takes patience my friend.

Sacramento, CA

#103576 Jul 31, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. why don't you google it? 2.I thought it was normal to act like you do.

Some stable somewhere

#103577 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you go back to Japan and tell your countrymen that they are wrong about GMOs? A whole country won't allow it along with many other countries. http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/countr... Most all of EU countries. You need to go on a speaking tour promoting GMOs and how good they are for both consumption and the environment. LOL
Wow. I ask you for your personal reasons for believing GMO crops are bad and you freak out. Ok, calm down, calm down. I was just curious why you believe GMO is bad for people. If you additionally want to supply actual scientific evidence to support your claims, that would be great, but not necessary. I'm just curious.

Some stable somewhere

#103578 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest if you don't like the topic, don't respond. What are you adding to the gay sin topic anyways?
I have been responding to the GMO topic - and you've been ignoring all the scientific evidence I've put forth and ignoring all the critique I've been leveling at your pretend science sites.

As for the "gay talk," I already demonstrated that same sex sexual behavior

1. predates humans as an evolutionary adaptation as it exists amongst almost all non-prosimian primate species
2.is ubiquitous in human cultures
3. is accepted as normal in 2/3rds of all human cultures
4. is not a binary opposition to heterosexuality and that homo-and heterosexuality as simply Western cultural construction of sexuality and not a human universal. In fact, lots of cultures allow both genders to have sex with the same gender, with no consequences other than "play"

Since no one had any evidence based argument against my assertions, and since all you Christians only got angry and huffed and puffed, I accepted your concession.

Sacramento, CA

#103579 Jul 31, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I ask you for your personal reasons for believing GMO crops are bad and you freak out. Ok, calm down, calm down. I was just curious why you believe GMO is bad for people. If you additionally want to supply actual scientific evidence to support your claims, that would be great, but not necessary. I'm just curious.
Is that freaking out explaining how many countries around the world don't agree with you, even your homeland? Is it too difficult to understand why most of the civilized world doesn't allow GMOs? Here is something in your field: http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/... Why did the Neanderthals die out? The humans run faster?

Sacramento, CA

#103580 Jul 31, 2014
Or was it global warming? diet?

Sacramento, CA

#103581 Jul 31, 2014
Thinking of your field, I find it interesting that the Ancestor of Native Americans in Asia was 30%“Western Eurasian”, Did you realize that early Siberian people and present-day Native Americans both have strong roots in Europe, only secondarily in Asia.- See more at: http://www.dnaconsultants.com/_blog/DNA_Consu...

Location hidden

#103582 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>1. why don't you google it? 2.I thought it was normal to act like you do.
I'm interested in your personal opinion.

http://www.bethinking.org/is-the-bible-reliab...

The inspiration of the Bible is an extremely crucial topic in today's world. Many talk about the Bible being inspired. But when asked to define what they mean by inspiration, they give a variety of definitions.

Some contend the Bible is inspired in the same way as all great literature. "It challenges the human heart to reach new heights," they say. However, this does not make the Bible unique. In other words, they see the Bible as only a human literary masterpiece, not as being of divine origin.

Others believe the Bible is inspired because it contains the Word of God — along with myths, mistakes, and legends. These people hold that it is wrong to identify the Bible as the Word of God; rather, it is a witness of God speaking to mankind. Putting it another way, the Word of God can be found

Location hidden

#103583 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>1. why don't you google it? 2.I thought it was normal to act like you do.
If you followed what is written in the Bible you would refrain from abusive behavior.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#103584 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
They don't eat GMO in Japan.
I don't live in Japan. I live (and shop) in Seattle.
RiccardoFire wrote:
You don't agree with the non-Monsanto scientists that say it's harmful? Or did Michelle say to eat your soy? The genetically modified foods today are not like millennia, I'm not talking about picking the best seeds. Most scientists agree: The main safety issues of genetically engineered crops involve not people but the environment. After all the passion of the earth melting, it seems you don't give a crap about our water supply. Hypocrite.
I'm not a hypocrite. I'm just not here to discuss GMO's. I didn't come prepared with all my GMO data & references, sorry. I came expecting a discussion about homosexuality, and the finer points of Christian crime, punishment and justice.

Here is what I’ll say about GMO’s. Genetic engineering and modification are emerging technologies that no one has the power to stop. We can either participate in developing these technologies and stay on their cutting edge, or we can sit it out and watch everyone ELSE develop them, and possibly misuse them. But there’s no putting that genie back in its bottle.
RiccardoFire wrote:
it sounds like you should be talking to a Bible expert, I'm not.
We are not a nation filled with Bible experts, we are filled with common, everyday Christians, and those are the people I want to speak with and try to understand. A Bible expert will not be able to tell me about what YOU believe. You are the expert on that.

Are you telling me that you don't understand your OWN beliefs well enough to explain and support them? Are you saying that I need to speak to someone ELSE, in order to understand the doctrines which YOU'VE adopted?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#103585 Jul 31, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
I don't.
That’s encouraging to hear. So, if a religious leader (or a Bible expert) were to say that unrepentant homosexuals SHOULD be punished, would you disagree with them?
RiccardoFire wrote:
Just like anyone gay or straight, perverted sexual actions might qualify.
What about consensual acts? Would those qualify for punishment? Why?

This is where the idea begins to lose me. The concept of punishment hinges on justice. Is justice served by inflicting punishment upon people who make private, mutual decisions about their sex lives? The word "perverted" seems very subjective and ill-defined. What one person considers perverted, another person might consider intimate and loving. But is any of it truly moral grounds for punishment?

And at what point is that punishment justified in being eternal? How can that EVER be justified? Punishments are intended to END eventually, so that people can learn from them and improve themselves afterward. What good is a punishment which never allows this? What purpose does it serve?

The reason I find this so troubling is that we're talking about creatures who are deeply capable of suffering. And if Christian theology is correct, then God deliberately authored that capability. If the Bible is true, then God knew, before even creating Creation, exactly where every human would spend eternity. He created us all while already holding that knowledge about us, yet he created us nevertheless, conscribing some to an eternity of punishment which he knew we would not escape.

Something is wrong with all of this.
RiccardoFire wrote:
That is why I and many leave it up to God. I don't judge.
Still, you must have an opinion of your own. I presume that if you BELIEVE in God and his system of justice, then you probably also APPROVE of it, yes? It would seem to be incredibly unlikely that you would adhere to Christian doctrine, while also finding it morally unsupportable.

Do you think God is RIGHT to subject people to eternal punishment, from which they can never escape? Do you think that people SHOULD be subjected to punishment for their personal sexual decisions, or because they believe the wrong religion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 971,696
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 48,750
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min Voyeur 38,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min guest 646,618
Moving companies provide a Shifting solution th... (Sep '15) 36 min jorvajor 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,262
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Truthiness 15
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
More from around the web