Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#103494 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Glad you stay away from corn, it's crap. so is soy.
You agree that Japan should not allow GMO corn so that we can subsidize our farmers?

Ok. Thanks. I'll let the government know.

Soy is part of culture here. We don't use the GMO soy you guys produce. Good luck with that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103495 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think I'm the only one that sees it that way? A better question would be why does it bother you so much who I worship and believe in? I could go on and on about why most Christians and myself believe this way, but why should I? Your hatred for those that do believe in God(calling God puny) does make me curious. I'm not trying to convince anyone here to believe in God, only God can do that.
Makes no difference. You and many others worship a non-existent, puny God.

Assumption, I really don't care. I find it amusing that you folks would worship such a Godless entity.

You would be making many assumptions. There are a vast number of Christians who do not believe as you do.

Hate? No, just difference of opinion. You are taking things way too personally.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#103496 Jul 27, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree that Japan should not allow GMO corn so that we can subsidize our farmers?
Ok. Thanks. I'll let the government know.
Soy is part of culture here. We don't use the GMO soy you guys produce. Good luck with that.
You hit it, exactly! It's all about money. And I have family that are soybean and corn farmers in NE. And yes, the Government makes them rich. But most of the corn entering Japan is Non-GMO. Kudos to Japan.

Sacramento, CA

#103497 Jul 27, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no difference. You and many others worship a non-existent, puny God.
Assumption, I really don't care. I find it amusing that you folks would worship such a Godless entity.
You would be making many assumptions. There are a vast number of Christians who do not believe as you do.
Hate? No, just difference of opinion. You are taking things way too personally.
You sound like you are telling me off. It does bother you. I'm not going to play your games anymore and tell non-believers off. I have no problem with Atheist and what they believe. Atheist have the right to be Atheist. I am no longer going to stoop down to your level and throw stones.

Some stable somewhere

#103498 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You hit it, exactly! It's all about money. And I have family that are soybean and corn farmers in NE. And yes, the Government makes them rich. But most of the corn entering Japan is Non-GMO. Kudos to Japan.
Yeah. We're totally awesome.

So...uh...I guess you had no comment on my previous articles - the ones that actually used science in critiquing what you wrote?

Yeah. Don't worry about it. I was just using science to talk about food while you were just relying upon personal opinion, backed up by other people with such strong opinions that they needed to rely upon a dishonest portrayal of science.

So, yeah, good job and thank you.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#103499 Jul 27, 2014
Boko Haram are forcing the kidnapped schoolgirls to either convert to Islam or be murdered, raped or beaten into submission. Two of the kidnapped girls from Chibok were discovered severely beaten, raped and tied to trees, others that have escaped are saying they are forcefully raped multiple times each day.One of the Muslim kidnappers said that some of the kidnapped girls have been murdered for their resistance, their stubborn nature. My question is, does the Abrahamic God condone this kind of brutality and what on Earth is a sexual Jihadist?

I guess Goodluck Jonathan is too busy rounding up homosexuals to be concerned with Boko Haram, a Nigerian citizen can get up to 14 years for engaging in a consensual homosexual relationship. Maybe his priorities as president,is a bit backwards.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103500 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you are telling me off. It does bother you. I'm not going to play your games anymore and tell non-believers off. I have no problem with Atheist and what they believe. Atheist have the right to be Atheist. I am no longer going to stoop down to your level and throw stones.
I really don't care what you do. That's your business. You just called me a non-believer.

I guess you must be kidding again.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#103502 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for another person, let alone, God. I have no idea what God is thinking about a person.
not a thing

like the other non-existent deities

Some stable somewhere

#103503 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Without looking it up, in Japan I think the soy is fermented or something and soy is not consumed the same way as here, I don't think you use it for cooking oil and infused in a lot of products like here in the States.
We eat soy beans that are grown for consumption as beans, we turn different soy beans into tofu (i.e., fermented soy bean paste), use others to produce soy sauce. Since the soy is largely from Japan, it's not GMO. As "sauce" (more like vinegars), we cook with it a lot.

Teriyaki sauce is mirin + shoyu (+ sometimes cooking sake), for example. But we also use shoyu (soy sauce) in soups and as parts of other sauces.

Anyways, there was a massive study out of Hawaii that showed the consumption of soy to have aging effects on the brain. I'm not aware of a follow up study yet, but I'm curious to see if the findings can be replicated. If so, such widespread consumption of soy might be damaging to one's health.

And that's irrespective of GMO. Unless, being Hawaii, all the soy they tested was GMO... and, if that actually differs from non-GMO soy, then good luck America!

Some stable somewhere

#103504 Jul 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
I have no problem with Atheist and what they believe. Atheist have the right to be Atheist.
Thanks.

:)

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103505 Jul 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Answer: we all pick and choose which science to believe.
No, we don't. That's the cool thing about facts. They're true whether you believe them or not.

Sacramento, CA

#103506 Jul 28, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The christard lie of hell can make people pissy. Too bad for those who believe in the catholic/christian "hell" that hell isn't used once in the bible and has it's origin outside of none judeo-christian system. Perhaps your religion should stop ripping off the beliefs and traditions of different cultures and twisting it's meaning into you a spider web of lies and misinformation.
Matthew 25:46....eternal punishment. What are you talking about? Did they rip off a belief in your family history? Were your ancestors fooled into thinking God was real? are you the hero of the family?

Some stable somewhere

#103507 Jul 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
Answer: we all pick and choose which science to believe.
Only naive people and poor scientists work like that. Cherry picking your evidence never produces accuracy in theoretical modeling.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#103508 Jul 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
bout Hell. I believe there is a place for eternal punishment.
But why would someone merit "eternal" punishment? Most people get about 80 years of life here on Earth, and many get much less than that. What crimes could someone possibly commit in that time period which would earn them an eternal punishment? Is there no room for rehabilitation or correction? Punishment which never ends seems incredibly unjust to me.

But then, this endless punishment is not really for "crimes", is it? If I understand correctly, it is actually punishment for lack of belief. Or do I have that wrong?

If I'm correct, then this seems even MORE unjust. Punishing people because of what they believe? Why is that something for which people need to be punished? I am not an evil, wayward criminal in need of punishment, simply because I find the claims of the Bible to be implausible.

There MUST be something which I don't understand about this "eternal punishment" concept.
RiccardoFire wrote:
About science: I agree science has sides. as in the GMO the earth is melting, the oceans are flooding, etc. Doesn't everyone pick sides, the ones that don't rely on the evening news? I try to look past all the propaganda.
Do you? What data do you rely on for information about this place of eternal punishment? Aren't religious claims lacking in the kind of evidentiary support which normally help people to pick sides in a scientific debate? How can you reach such confident conclusions about supernatural concepts, and then claim that you use sound scientific analysis for real-life issues? If you disregard evidence and demonstrability as standards of proof for religious claims, then how can your own scientific acumen be fully trusted?

Let's try to "look past all the propaganda" about Heaven and Hell. What data can we rely on to help us pick a side? Is there any? Why should anyone pick ANY side, if there's no concrete information either way? Wouldn't it be the MOST honest to admit that supernatural concepts remain unproven and unprovable, rather than picking one unproven claim over another one?
RiccardoFire wrote:
Are you a big GMO corn or soy eater too? What side do you pick?
It all sounds good to me. Living in a Japanese household (though I am not Japanese), I eat plenty of soy. Humans have been genetically modifying their crops for millennia. I have no issue with it.
RiccardoFire wrote:
That would be the argument for those not worthy. I could go in further detail, but the point is that is my belief.
But I think WasteWater is correct; a punishment which does not end is not a just punishment. It is more like throwing someone in the trash and forgetting about them forever. It would require an inhumane level of comfort with someone else’s suffering. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with any specific crime, but just an incorrect belief.

Sacramento, CA

#103509 Jul 28, 2014

Sacramento, CA

#103510 Jul 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only naive people and poor scientists work like that. Cherry picking your evidence never produces accuracy in theoretical modeling.
scientific consensus is not always right. Sometimes it hinders science Believe it or not, scientists are not always right.

Sacramento, CA

#103511 Jul 28, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>

It all sounds good to me. Living in a Japanese household (though I am not Japanese), I eat plenty of soy. Humans have been genetically modifying their crops for millennia. I have no issue with it.
Fool, they don't eat GMO soy in Japan. And the fact that the Japanese eat fermented soy, which is very different from the unfermented soy found in dry soybeans, soy milk, and tofu. Fermented soy products, such as fermented soy milk, tofu, miso, soy sauces, tempeh, and natto, may actually help prevent certain cancers and other diseases. the Chinese first started eating soybeans about 2,500 years ago, after they figured out how to ferment it. Somehow, the ancient Chinese knew that soybeans still contain many toxins after cooking and thus avoiding eating it until they learned to neutralize those toxins through fermentation. And in traditional Asian diets, soy is only used in small amounts as a condiment, with pork, seafood and other animals providing the bulk of the protein. Only very recently has soy been eaten the way we typically eat it, consuming large amounts in an unfermented and often highly processed form.http://www.optimumchoices .com/Soy.htm

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#103512 Jul 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
LARGEST STUDY TO DATE REVEALS TRUTH ABOUT GAY PARENTING
http://www.gay.net/news/2014/07/07/largest-st...

Children raised by same-sex couples are healthier and happier than those raised by opposite-sex pairs, says a new study out of Australia, adding to the growing body of research indicating positive outcomes for these children.

Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents'
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/26/us-...

The 48 gay fathers raising children with their husbands seemed to be both mom and dad, brain-wise. Their emotional circuits were as active as those of mothers and the interpretive circuits showed the same extra activity as that of heterosexual fathers'.

Ideally, scientists would perform neuroimaging on men and women before and then after they became parents, to show definitely that any heightened activity followed junior's arrival and was not present before. Until they can do that, Feldman said, she is confident that the telltale brain activity results from parenting.

One clue: in gay fathers, but not heterosexual ones, the brain also had extra communication lines between emotional and cognitive structures. The more time a man spent as primary caregiver, the greater the connectivity. It was as if playing both parental roles caused the brain to integrate the structures required for each.

"Fathers' brains are very plastic," Feldman said. "When there are two fathers, their brains must recruit both networks, the emotional and cognitive, for optimal parenting."

BTW Riccardo, why should Kimare's wife's marriage to a female be legal but no other lesbian SSM should be legal?

The anti-SSM crowd never seems to want to address that aspect.

Sacramento, CA

#103513 Jul 28, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>LARGEST STUDY TO DATE REVEALS TRUTH ABOUT GAY PARENTING
http://www.gay.net/news/2014/07/07/largest-st...
Children raised by same-sex couples are healthier and happier than those raised by opposite-sex pairs, says a new study out of Australia, adding to the growing body of research indicating positive outcomes for these children.
Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents'
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/26/us-...
The 48 gay fathers raising children with their husbands seemed to be both mom and dad, brain-wise. Their emotional circuits were as active as those of mothers and the interpretive circuits showed the same extra activity as that of heterosexual fathers'.
Ideally, scientists would perform neuroimaging on men and women before and then after they became parents, to show definitely that any heightened activity followed junior's arrival and was not present before. Until they can do that, Feldman said, she is confident that the telltale brain activity results from parenting.
One clue: in gay fathers, but not heterosexual ones, the brain also had extra communication lines between emotional and cognitive structures. The more time a man spent as primary caregiver, the greater the connectivity. It was as if playing both parental roles caused the brain to integrate the structures required for each.
"Fathers' brains are very plastic," Feldman said. "When there are two fathers, their brains must recruit both networks, the emotional and cognitive, for optimal parenting."
BTW Riccardo, why should Kimare's wife's marriage to a female be legal but no other lesbian SSM should be legal?
The anti-SSM crowd never seems to want to address that aspect.
My link had nothing to do with your reply.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#103514 Jul 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>My link had nothing to do with your reply.
It had nothing to do with the topic of the thread either.

Your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,416
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Dr Banonator 64,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Dr Banonator 45,286
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min Tony 6,082
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min Brian_G 500
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 51 min tomxxl 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,954
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 183,219
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web