Yes

No

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#103362 Jul 22, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
The average pew warmer doesn't give Christianity the black eyes you do everyday. You sound like a jihadist admonishing an infidel.
Allah akbar!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#103363 Jul 22, 2014
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/159689-flashb...

really funny how the Liberals got so excited back then. LOL

Sacramento, CA

#103364 Jul 22, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just about every time you post something it exudes the hate and bigotry within you.
Still looking for that post? Because I don't' agree with you alarmists, that makes me a bad Christian? LOL All you do and many here is spit hate towards Christians and anyone that doesn't buy into the State Agenda.

Sacramento, CA

#103365 Jul 22, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Yea, that must have been one really cool swim don't you suppose?
Yes, they should give that swimmer a hot shower.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103366 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they should give that swimmer a hot shower.
No doubt.

Sacramento, CA

#103367 Jul 22, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had many Christian friends throughout my life, some of them are amazing representatives of the philosophy of Christ, they actually love and pray for those who spite them, and though I don't agree with many of their beliefs e.g. they oppose of me living with a woman before marriage,oppose of recreational drugs, etc., they have a tactful discernment for their fellow human, and genuine love that is obviously missing with you. You're just an obnoxious prick on a moral crusade.
I have many Christian friends and never has any of them played God's cop. Who do they think they are telling someone and telling you being a non-Christian what you can do with your sex life or what you do for fun unless it was doing harm. I'm glad that I am not like your so called Christian friends.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103368 Jul 22, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't. That's our copycat.
Funny how this thread has suddenly diverted to be all about global warming.
Right-wing nutcases sound less nutty when they deny facts about science rather than assert that a man lived to be 900 years old and that snakes can talk.

It is literally the lesser of two evils.

Sacramento, CA

#103369 Jul 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Right-wing nutcases sound less nutty when they deny facts about science rather than assert that a man lived to be 900 years old and that snakes can talk.
It is literally the lesser of two evils.
What is the difference between a gay liberal atheist and a puppy?
Answer -A puppy stops whining after it grows up. LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#103370 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote that Hitler grew up in a religion but then rejected it. Are you changing tune again? Hitler did not lead as a Christian.
Oh, Hitler led as a Christian. His speeches appealed to Christianity, he directed the Christian masses to do his will. Nazi German was a Christian nation - Hitler wouldn't be in the Dictator business if he didn't know how to manipulate people.

So many of you Christians rely upon dishonest methods here that we can only assume it's part of your religion.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103371 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine the genetics and the food they were eating along with the higher oxygen levels of pure air and water? Were they drinking smoking, drugs, eating GMO science developed food? were they fat and lazy?
Ricky...

1. you claim that education can be worthless (anthro and arky)
2. here you are demonstrating a total and utter ignorance on topics anthropologists and archaeologists specialize in
3. your gross ignorance here is unfortunate, but you're an adult, so it's also laughable.

I study and teach this stuff. It's hard for me to take you seriously when you produce such incredibly naive beliefs. I suppose I should take you seriously, though, the above is actually how you "understand" human history.

So you are teaching me what your religion did to you. It removed human curiosity and replaced it with a love of ignorance. Anyways, human evolution is my specialty, I can try to clear up your questions and misunderstandings:

- since human evolution, oxygen levels haven't changed (CO2 levels have, though)
- all human cultures have their drugs
- alcohol was likely invented 20-30kya in the form of mead. Some human populations (Europeans) have adaptations to detoxify alcohol better than other populations (Asian) for reasons of a) length of co-evolution, b) parasites and disease
- GMO foods have virtually no effect on the body other than being food

Throughout human evolution until roughly 12 000 years ago (40kya in PNG), people were hunter-gatherers. They were constantly moving, foraging for their food, ate a greater variety of food than we do, and much, much more bacteria. They had parasites, but little infectious disease.

Once agriculture was invented, infectious disease and parasitization rose dramatically, food variety decreased and people stopped moving around so much (early farmers worked hard, but they stayed in one place, necessitating dealing with garbage, sewage, high populations, and changes in diet). The greatest impact in human evolution is the invention of agriculture.

In modern, wealthy societies, we live in very, very clean environments, are free from parasites, consume about 1/3rd the bacteria our ancestors did, move very, very little and eat a diet comprised mainly of grains and little variety. Fortunately, our sewage systems and concrete cleared up the parasite problems and our medicine frees us from most infectious disease.

In the fossil record, you can actually see human skeletons change over time w/the above changes. Humans start out very tall - about 6'8" - become short after agriculture and are only now recovering b/c of increased nutrition and freedom from disease since the industrial revolution.

No one has ever lived past 130 years old. Not a single human. Our contemporary environment is allowing a small percentage of people to reach near human maximum. In the future, as we learn more about genetics and cell biology, we'll first get more people reaching that maximum, then a few (the wealthy elite) extending beyond it, then youth extension - and, baring collapse or theocracy - life extension.

Sacramento, CA

#103372 Jul 22, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ricky...
1. you claim that education can be worthless (anthro and arky)
2. here you are demonstrating a total and utter ignorance on topics anthropologists and archaeologists specialize in
3. your gross ignorance here is unfortunate, but you're an adult, so it's also laughable.
I study and teach this stuff. It's hard for me to take you seriously when you produce such incredibly naive beliefs. I suppose I should take you seriously, though, the above is actually how you "understand" human history.
So you are teaching me what your religion did to you. It removed human curiosity and replaced it with a love of ignorance. Anyways, human evolution is my specialty, I can try to clear up your questions and misunderstandings:
- since human evolution, oxygen levels haven't changed (CO2 levels have, though)
- all human cultures have their drugs
- alcohol was likely invented 20-30kya in the form of mead. Some human populations (Europeans) have adaptations to detoxify alcohol better than other populations (Asian) for reasons of a) length of co-evolution, b) parasites and disease
- GMO foods have virtually no effect on the body other than being food
Throughout human evolution until roughly 12 000 years ago (40kya in PNG), people were hunter-gatherers. They were constantly moving, foraging for their food, ate a greater variety of food than we do, and much, much more bacteria. They had parasites, but little infectious disease.
Once agriculture was invented, infectious disease and parasitization rose dramatically, food variety decreased and people stopped moving around so much (early farmers worked hard, but they stayed in one place, necessitating dealing with garbage, sewage, high populations, and changes in diet). The greatest impact in human evolution is the invention of agriculture.
In modern, wealthy societies, we live in very, very clean environments, are free from parasites, consume about 1/3rd the bacteria our ancestors did, move very, very little and eat a diet comprised mainly of grains and little variety. Fortunately, our sewage systems and concrete cleared up the parasite problems and our medicine frees us from most infectious disease.
In the fossil record, you can actually see human skeletons change over time w/the above changes. Humans start out very tall - about 6'8" - become short after agriculture and are only now recovering b/c of increased nutrition and freedom from disease since the industrial revolution.
No one has ever lived past 130 years old. Not a single human. Our contemporary environment is allowing a small percentage of people to reach near human maximum. In the future, as we learn more about genetics and cell biology, we'll first get more people reaching that maximum, then a few (the wealthy elite) extending beyond it, then youth extension - and, baring collapse or theocracy - life extension.
bunch of lies without credible links. Do you really believe oxygen levels haven't changed? I know people don't live that long today. LOL You approve of GMO Food? I think even Mr wastewater is on my side on that one. http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dang...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103373 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>bunch of lies without credible links. Do you really believe oxygen levels haven't changed? I know people don't live that long today. LOL You approve of GMO Food? I think even Mr wastewater is on my side on that one. http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dang...
Sure. Why not.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103374 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>bunch of lies without credible links. Do you really believe oxygen levels haven't changed? I know people don't live that long today. LOL You approve of GMO Food? I think even Mr wastewater is on my side on that one. http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dang...
Oh, I could give you all the links in the world. You wouldn't believe them. As I said, I teach this stuff - it's the sum of countless anth and arky journal articles.

Here's the thing, you just accused me of not having links and provided a link that doesn't quote any scientific sources. For all you know, it just made all that up.

In any case, I did a quick search for their second claim - and this is what I found:

"Analysis of Peer-Reviewed Research: The claim that GM tomatoes killed rats illustrates one of the common problems of Genetic Roulette—telling the story inaccurately. FDA records clearly show that experts stated that the process of introducing stomach tubes can damage the rats’ stomachs and/or end up placing test material in the lungs. Smith states that a number of rat deaths were observed but the regulatory discussion is about gastric erosions—not deaths. The reader is not told that the study was repeated and no gastric erosions occurred. The reader is not told that regulators approved the tomato because their concerns had been fully satisfied that the GM tomato was not toxic. Smith is actually asking the reader to believe that the FDA would approve a lethal product."

Look at the bottom of this page - full of academic articles.

So...once again, you make a fool out of yourself. You aren't educated enough to know what is true and what is false, and you rely upon non-credible sources for information.

http://academicsreview.org/reviewed-content/g...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103376 Jul 22, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I could give you all the links in the world. You wouldn't believe them. As I said, I teach this stuff - it's the sum of countless anth and arky journal articles.
Here's the thing, you just accused me of not having links and provided a link that doesn't quote any scientific sources. For all you know, it just made all that up.
In any case, I did a quick search for their second claim - and this is what I found:
"Analysis of Peer-Reviewed Research: The claim that GM tomatoes killed rats illustrates one of the common problems of Genetic Roulette—telling the story inaccurately. FDA records clearly show that experts stated that the process of introducing stomach tubes can damage the rats’ stomachs and/or end up placing test material in the lungs. Smith states that a number of rat deaths were observed but the regulatory discussion is about gastric erosions—not deaths. The reader is not told that the study was repeated and no gastric erosions occurred. The reader is not told that regulators approved the tomato because their concerns had been fully satisfied that the GM tomato was not toxic. Smith is actually asking the reader to believe that the FDA would approve a lethal product."
So...once again, you make a fool out of yourself. You aren't educated enough to know what is true and what is false, and you rely upon non-credible sources for information.
Even though his links usually involve a book written by men who thought sea monsters were legitimate boating hazards or a news source with a survival store that sells "survival seeds" (otherwise known as "seeds"), yours will always be liberal lies.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103377 Jul 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though his links usually involve a book written by men who thought sea monsters were legitimate boating hazards or a news source with a survival store that sells "survival seeds" (otherwise known as "seeds"), yours will always be liberal lies.
Yeah, wow. A shining example of his religion - and for everyone else to stay well clear of it.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#103378 Jul 22, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You aren't educated enough to know what is true and what is false
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/co...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103379 Jul 22, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
Very nice, thank you! I believe the abstract should be posted here:

"Abstract
In two studies, 5- and 6-year-old children were questioned about the status of the protagonist embedded in three different types of stories. In realistic stories that only included ordinary events, all children, irrespective of family background and schooling, claimed that the protagonist was a real person. In religious stories that included ordinarily impossible events brought about by divine intervention, claims about the status of the protagonist varied sharply with exposure to religion. Children who went to church or were enrolled in a parochial school, or both, judged the protagonist in religious stories to be a real person, whereas secular children with no such exposure to religion judged the protagonist in religious stories to be fictional. Children's upbringing was also related to their judgment about the protagonist in fantastical stories that included ordinarily impossible events whether brought about by magic (Study 1) or without reference to magic (Study 2). Secular children were more likely than religious children to judge the protagonist in such fantastical stories to be fictional. The results suggest that exposure to religious ideas has a powerful impact on children's differentiation between reality and fiction, not just for religious stories but also for fantastical stories."

Sacramento, CA

#103380 Jul 23, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep eating your GMO certified foods, most of us don't need that crap in our bodies. I don't need toxic food. There are also a number of scientists all around the world who oppose them. When you go shopping to you seek out food that is not GMO free? LOL you are brainwashed.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103381 Jul 23, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You keep eating your GMO certified foods, most of us don't need that crap in our bodies. I don't need toxic food. There are also a number of scientists all around the world who oppose them. When you go shopping to you seek out food that is not GMO free? LOL you are brainwashed.
Does the above constitute argument for you?

1. You presented no scientific evidence for your claims
2. You got all upset at me, labeling me liar, when I didn't present links. So I gave you scientific papers, backing up everything I wrote
3. I pointed out that your link was so much trash, that they were lying to you, and linked you to the actual scientific evidence demonstrating that those people are lying to you
4. You write the above because you're too ignorant to understand science (b/c your education didn't even prepare you for minimal critical analysis of arguments or teach you how to read and interpret science - pretty worthless education) and so stupid as to be fooled by some trash website

And you call me brainwashed? I'm the one using science. You're the one using baseless claims.

Do you even know what a gene is? Do you understand what genes do? Do you know anything about protein, carbohydrates and fats? Do you know what a molecule is? Or what and how digestion works?

Your religion has disenfranchised you. It's removed your ability to form educated opinion. Your gross ignorance here is of no importance - no one in science takes your uneducated opinions seriously.

Learn the science, learn how to read it and write it if you want to impact the discussion on GMO foods.

Otherwise, you're just spouting stupid.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103382 Jul 23, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
There are also a number of scientists all around the world who oppose them.
Prove it. Link to scientific evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 839,144
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min Al Capone 5,909
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Student 40,500
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min USA Born 590,360
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 27 min rahul 96
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min who 271,353
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr BenAdam 461
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,470
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web