Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#103135 Jul 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
Dear Christians,
Some people are gay.
Get over it.
-God
Excellent! Now give that man a bacon/egg roll.
:-)

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#103136 Jul 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
King James was gay. Sorry. It's a historical fact. The name of the book that you use to bash gay people is that of a gay man.
Christians. Hilarious.
Exactly right!

Rex fuit Elizabeth: nunc est regina Jacobus—"Elizabeth was King: now James is Queen."

This was often said by the people of his own time.
http://rictornorton.co.uk/jamesi.htm

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#103137 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
And portraits of Stalin still reside in the Orthodox Church of Russia to this day, since they were complicit in his reign.
And that the Nazis were a Christian nation. And that none of those dictators killed people in the name of atheism - with Mao and Pol Pot, it was all about economics.
Have you been to Russia and visited the Church? The Nazi's burned Jews and Christians. The Nazi's were about race, they hated religion.....Just like you. Killing people because they have religion is the same as killing in the name of your religion, atheism.

Sacramento, CA

#103139 Jul 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops. One mistake. He didn't hate Christians. Nice try though.
is that why Christians were sent to the ovens? You have a short history memory.
In the early 1930s, the Catholic bishops of Germany excommunicated any and all Catholics who joined the Nazi party, wore the uniform, or flew the swastika flag (including Adolph Hitler). Stupid you, again.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#103140 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. A lot of these OT myths are directly traceable to the religion of Mesopotamia. They made it into Jewish mythology through cultural diffusion - Mesopotamia was, after all, the center of the civilized world for thousands of years before collapse.
Anyways, "the land between two rivers" used to flood every year. That's why they had such great crops. So their mythology revolved around flooding.
The Jews borrowed this myth and adopted it for their own. It's that simple.
That sounds about right. The didn't call Mesopotamia the Fertile Crescent for nothing.

Sacramento, CA

#103141 Jul 18, 2014
Since this topic has changed to "hitler". Right now, the world is falling apart.

Once America left the world stage, a vacuum was created.

Now war is breaking out all over the world.

Hillary Clinton created a cold war with Russia. Make no mistake about it.

She called Putin "Hitler."

Never forget that.

Hillary Clinton is the worst diplomat in American history, next to John Kerry.

Obama's team makes Jimmy Carter look like Ronald Reagan.

That's how left-wing, incompetent and out of control they are.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#103142 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it interesting that Babylonian myth became Biblical myth.
The story of Noah's ark, as it is told in the Bible, is a reworking of an earlier Babylonian myth recorded in the Gilgamesh Epic. The hero of the earlier version is one Utnapishtim, the favorite of Ea, the god of wisdom. It seems probable that the Babylonian story was based on an unusually devastating flood in the Euphrates (Firat) River basin, and that the ark in it grounded on the slopes of one of the Zagros mountains. The biblical word that we read as "Ararat" could as well be read "Urartu"; the text has merely "rrt" and the proper vowels must be supplied.
http://www.allaboutturkey.com/ararat.htm
I'll have to read up on the old Gilgamesh. It was several thousand years between the clay tablets, to the paperback edition.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#103143 Jul 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I must ask the question why. Why?

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#103144 Jul 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. A story to be told to everyone. If only Christians would remember what he stood for. Nonviolence (no guns). Care for the poor, sick or unfortunate (SNAP/ACA). Equality and decency (Immigration).
Could you imagine what Jesus would think of the today's Christians in this country? The money taken in his name, the bigotry spread in churches, the violence and hatred preached against everyone from homosexuals to immigrants to Muslims.
It so rarely seems to be a case of "Thus saith the Lord". Nowadays, it's more a case of "Thus said Jerry Falwell".

IMHO

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#103145 Jul 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!
Rex fuit Elizabeth: nunc est regina Jacobus—"Elizabeth was King: now James is Queen."
This was often said by the people of his own time.
http://rictornorton.co.uk/jamesi.htm
One of my favorite facts in all of the world. And religious people HATE facts. Especially that one.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103146 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
Since this topic has changed to "hitler". Right now, the world is falling apart.
Never forget that.
I love it when dumb tea baggers pretend that Bush isn't an admitted international war criminal who destroyed the greatest economy in the history of man and killed, mutilated or dismembered 30,000 Americans for lies.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103147 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>is that why Christians were sent to the ovens? You have a short history memory.
In the early 1930s, the Catholic bishops of Germany excommunicated any and all Catholics who joined the Nazi party, wore the uniform, or flew the swastika flag (including Adolph Hitler). Stupid you, again.
Are you seriously trying to deflect tens of thousands of years of atrocities, suffering, starvation and suppression of science by religion with four years in the 1940s?

Good luck with that.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#103149 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>is that why Christians were sent to the ovens? You have a short history memory.
Wow. Why are you persisting in lying about history? It's the easiest thing to check up on in the world.

The Nazis didn't begin their genocide until much, much later than 1931, idiot, and the excommunication had NOTHING to do with human rights violations.

" Though hostility between the Nazi Party and the Catholic Church was real, the Nazi Party first developed in largely Catholic Munich, where many Catholics, lay and clerical, offered enthusiastic support.[1] This early [minority] affinity lessened after 1923. By 1925, Nazism embarked a different path following its reconstitution in 1920 taking a decidedly anti-Catholic-Christian identity.[2] In early 1931, the German Bishops issued an edict excommunicating all Nazi leadership and banned Catholics from membership. The ban was conditionally modified in the Spring of 1933 under pressure to address State law requiring all Civil Servants and Trade Union workers be members of the Nazi Party, while retaining condemnation of core Nazi ideology.[3] In early 1933, following Nazi successes in the 1932 elections, lay Catholic monarchist Franz von Papen, and acting Chancellor and Presidential advisor, General Kurt von Schleicher, assisted Adolf Hitler's appointment as Reich Chancellor by President Paul von Hindenburg."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...

So basically, you're a liar for Jesus. You do your religion proud - the only question I have is this:

Why would anyone want to be part of a religion so pathetic it has to lie to promote itself?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103150 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
Never forget that.
You are the one who brought Hitler into this conversation out of desperation to attack atheists because you have no honest argument. Everything you have said so far about atheists and Hitler have been demonstrated as falsehoods.

What a pathetic religion you espouse, to be so steeped in dishonesty.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#103151 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been to Russia and visited the Church?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/09/rus...

"The Russian Orthodox Church has come under heavy criticism on the Internet this week over a 2014 wall calendar published by a revered monastery's printing house that features portraits of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin.

The black-and-white calendar, titled "Stalin" and costing 200 roubles ($6), is advertised as "a great gift for veterans and history fans". Historian Mikhail Babkin brought it to public attention on his blog on Jan.7."

Whatever you do, don't stop being dishonest. You are fantastically showcasing how miserable your religion is and the damages it has wrought to your character.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#103152 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we agree.
Top 5 Most Annoying Conservative & Christian Women

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#103153 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, good thing we don't live in that culture and that Jesus came so we don't.
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone: your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple."

JESUS: Matt 10:34, ""Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#103154 Jul 18, 2014
400 pounds of Christ-insanity

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103155 Jul 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
400 pounds of Christ-insanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lORCuR84-_8XX
Someone's swimming at the deep end of the crazy pool.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#103156 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who brought Hitler into this conversation out of desperation to attack atheists because you have no honest argument. Everything you have said so far about atheists and Hitler have been demonstrated as falsehoods.
What a pathetic religion you espouse, to be so steeped in dishonesty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin 's_law

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 4 min Knock off purse s... 4
The REAL REASON Howard Weitzman VAMPED from th... 6 min Knock off purse s... 2
REALITY: Tiger Woods is a SICK TRICK! 7 min Knock off purse s... 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 596,422
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min River Tam 855,134
Twitter Arab Master 10 min Knock off purse s... 2
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 12 min Knock off purse s... 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr -Alan S Shole- 1,026
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr End Times 612,623
More from around the web