Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#101695 Jun 19, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>eddy yhe poof, I'm sure you are right poofer, you are always right. I think you are smarter then a True God and you should put Him on trial for not taking away free will. You are a liberal that puts a lot of faith in assumptions and surveys. man made global warming must be true, obama said so. How can you personally confirm evolution is true?
May I suggest you jump on top of one of these.
http://moroccan-pouffe.com/

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101696 Jun 19, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Mao Zedong leader of China murdered 70,000,000. Joseph Stalin leader of the Soviet Union 20,000,000. Pol Pot leader of Cambodia 2,000,000. See what non Christian leaders of the 20th century have accomplished? The thing about Communism/Atheism is that their version of genocide is a result of famines and purges The total for communism/atheism alone in this century puts to shame all the Christian genocide of the past.
OK then. Now name an atheist who murdered for the sake of it, not the ideology of Communism.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101697 Jun 19, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
The user known as "Some 1 Else" recently quoted you as saying: "Sorry, I don't play that game. Insults and name calling is not in my interest. Grow up and when you have something, let me know."
And you yourself JUST got done saying: "It's a derogatory term for a gay person , usually male.. Shame on you. What would be the reaction if me or kimare starts calling gay men poofs?"
If you hold yourself above insults and name calling, and you recognize a derogatory term for what it is, then what gives? Are you just a hypocrite, or what? Why have you abandoned your OWN principles for civilized conversation?
<quoted text>
And, this counts as "grown up conversation" to you? Why won't you engage me in the questions that I ask, instead of sinking to this childishness? You should put yourself above this kind of garbage.
What does this accomplish? Of course I am not always right. And if you would answer a direct question once in a while, you might have the satisfaction of proving me wrong. I LIKE being proven wrong. It means learning something new, which is always an asset.
I answered your questions, without resistance or invective. Can you do the same?
And now I regret teaching it to him.:-( But I thought everyone would know what that meant already.

The boys I know usually call themselves poofs, otherwise I would NEVER say it. It shocked me @ first, because that was a big insult @ school. Now I say good on them for reclaiming the word.

As for you, Edmond, I will call you this:

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101698 Jun 19, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Every relationship is different. Duh.
Gday again, Wilde!

Of course every relationship is. You'd have to be a bigoted funny-mentalist with no life, in order to think differently.
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#101699 Jun 19, 2014
when Christians sjn.

~Oz

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101700 Jun 20, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. Yes, the climate of the earth is changing. Throughout history it has always been changing. Most of that change is due to fluctuations in the gigantic ball of fire that our planet is revolving around.
But the idea that carbon dioxide is going to “destroy the planet” is ludicrous. Without carbon dioxide we would all die.
And the notion that “man-made global warming” is the “greatest threat” that humanity is facing is absolutely laughable.
Ahh, have you been reading propaganda websites? Were they promoted by the oil and mining companies?

Or do you really believe God will save us from climate change?

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101701 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Australian University Dumps Bob Carter, Advisor To Multiple Global Climate Science Denial Groups
Dr Robert Carter
CLIMATE science denialist radio host Chris Smith - of the shock-jock variety - got a little upset recently at a decision made quietly more than six months ago by James Cook University in Queensland, Australia.
Cook University gave your professor the boot.
http://www.desmogblog.com/2013/07/09/australi...
At least someone has common sense in this country. Better than our clown of a prime minister who denies climate change, or perhaps he is pandering to big business. Obama has the right idea.

Do these people really believe our carbon emissions disappear into a black hole in space?!

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#101702 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
More lemons.
I love lemons.
Yes, I do too.
:-)))

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#101703 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your position is impotent over each and every marriage throughout the US. Think what you like; you have no power over us.
Girls,
I'm not trying to be mean, but it really makes you look stupid to claim two guys standing next to a husband and wife with children are the same.

I'm just warning you, that in every person's mind, that is a marring of marriage. And YOU will feel the full weight of inferiority.

Why are you setting yourself up for something so idiotic?

Smile.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

The Woods

#101704 Jun 20, 2014
Why yes of course it is. And they know it.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#101705 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence shows the earth to be warming. The surface temperature and the temperature of the oceans are rising.
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence
The very accessible 10-page summary examines the trends for 10 key climate indicators using a total of 47 different sets of data. All of the indicators expected to increase in a warming world, are in fact increasing, and all that are expected to decrease, are decreasing:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/evidence-for-...
The warming is causing air and oceans to warm, more snow and ice in Earth’s polar regions to melt, and sea level rise. Many different effects of global warming have been seen at continental scales, as well as at smaller regional scales. Arctic temperatures have risen at twice the rate of the global average in the past century. The amount of precipitation in different regions of the world has changed, and so have aspects of extreme weather events such as droughts, heat waves, and the intensity of hurricanes and typhoons.
http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/climate...
No longer is global warming something only facing future generations. Changes to our climate are being documented all across the planet today. People, animals, and plants are already feeling the heat. The Earth's atmosphere has already warmed by 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. This warming signal is also found in ocean temperatures, soil temperatures, melting glaciers and melting polar ice caps. It has been linked to widespread impacts on ecosystems around the planet. This preponderance of evidence all points to the conclusion that our planet is warming and natural systems are struggling to keep up.
http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildli...
Who pays NASA? The Climate has always been changing, come out of your bunker, it's safe now. Keep posting more bs lol Follow the money! Do you really think the earth is that sensitive? Here this is from NASA blaming the sun: The Sun and Global Warming
Of the many trends that appear to cause fluctuations in the Sun’s energy, those that last decades to centuries are the most likely to have a measurable impact on the Earth’s climate in the foreseeable future. Many researchers believe the steady rise in sunspots and faculae since the late seventeenth century may be responsible for as much as half of the 0.6 degrees of global warming over the last 110 years (IPCC, 2001). Since pre-industrial times, it’s thought that the Sun has given rise to a global heating similar to that caused by the increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. If the past is any indication of things to come, solar cycles may play a role in future global warming.

Let's build a giant shade....LOL

Sacramento, CA

#101706 Jun 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, have you been reading propaganda websites? Were they promoted by the oil and mining companies?
Or do you really believe God will save us from climate change?
No NASA says the sun is causing it, last time I checked NASA is paid by the Gov. don't play the big oil card. http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Study+Acknowled... Read your third grade science book again, the climate always changes. The winds always blow, the rain will fall and etc. Stop you doom and gloom keeping the people scared crap. If it's hot, move. If it's cold move.

Sacramento, CA

#101707 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Where did the Northern Ice cap go? Why are all the glaciers melting? Why is the mean temperature of the earth 1.5 degrees hotter than 1900?
Satellite study of Asian mountains show that glaciers are NOT melting - and some are actually gaining new ice

Glaciers between Pakistan and China have gained mass of ice since 1998
Survey using satellite data
Area accounts for 3% of ice-covered area on Earth
Gain in thickness between 1999 and 2008
Flies in face of predictions of climate activists

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Sacramento, CA

#101708 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Australian University Dumps Bob Carter, Advisor To Multiple Global Climate Science Denial Groups
Dr Robert Carter
CLIMATE science denialist radio host Chris Smith - of the shock-jock variety - got a little upset recently at a decision made quietly more than six months ago by James Cook University in Queensland, Australia.
Cook University gave your professor the boot.
Thanks for making my point, if anyone dares questions the alarmists, they are quickly out of the picture, the debate of no debate is over. Who pays the Universities? Follow the money.

Sacramento, CA

#101709 Jun 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then. Now name an atheist who murdered for the sake of it, not the ideology of Communism.
then if I do will you stop using derogatory names for gay men? Keep your "poof" slang for your people. Shame on you. ok here it is: During the French Revolution, a campaign of dechristianization happened which included removal and destruction of religious objects from places of worship and the transformation of churches into "Temples of the Goddess of Reason", culminating in a celebration of Reason in Notre Dame Cathedral.
Unlike later establishments of anti-theism by communist regimes, the French Revolutionary experiment was short (7 months), incomplete and inconsistent [better source needed] Although brief, the French experiment was particularly notable for the influence upon atheists Ludwig Feuerbach (who called religion an opiate before Marx , Sigmund Freud and Karl Marx.] Using the ideas of Feuerbach, Marx and Freud, communist regimes later treated religious believers as subversives or abnormal, sometimes relegating them to psychiatric hospitals and reeducation

Sacramento, CA

#101710 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Despite his popularity, Dr Carter rarely subjects his thoughts to scientific peer review. On two occasions when he has, the work has been roundly criticised.
One paper was described by Bob Ward, of the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics, as “probably the worst paper ever published on climate change”. In another, Dr Carter co-authored a paper which claimed natural variation was to blame for recent global warming - a conclusion which a group of leading climate scientists concluded was “not supported by their analysis or any physical theory presented in their paper”.
So much for peer review.
Professor Carter has been rebuked by his peers.
Why don't you start a new topic about this Professor? Otherwise, who cares?

Sacramento, CA

#101711 Jun 20, 2014

Sacramento, CA

#101712 Jun 20, 2014
John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel, and various other critics have called the theory that human use of carbon-based fossil fuels will lead to catastrophic global warming or climate change a “hoax.” It is, but it’s more than that, it’s criminal.

Here are some of the scientific questions at the core of this issue:

Is the climate changing? Of course. The climate always has changed and always will.

Is the earth getting warmer? We should hope so for at least two reasons: First, the world emerged from the Little Ice Age in the 19th century, so it would be worrisome if it weren’t getting warmer. Second, all the history indicates that humans thrive more during warmer periods than colder ones. It is likely, though, that earth has warmed less than many official temperature records indicate for a variety of reasons, including: few long-term records from either the southern hemisphere or the 71 percent of the planet that is covered by water; distortions from the urban heat-island effect and other faulty siting (e.g., temperature sensors next to asphalt parking lots, etc.; the decline in weather station reports from Siberia after the fall of the Soviet government; the arbitrarily ceasing to include measurements from northern latitudes and high elevations, etc.) The most accurate measures of temperature come from satellites. Since the start of these measurements in 1979, they show minor fluctuations and an insignificant net change in global temperature.

Is the earth getting dangerously warm? Probably not, since the earth was warmer than it is now in 7000 of the last 10,000 years. By the way, does anybody know what the “right” amount of global heat is?

Sacramento, CA

#101713 Jun 20, 2014
Are we humans causing the warming by our carbon emissions? Actually, most of the “greenhouse effect” is due to water vapor, which makes one wonder why the EPA hasn’t designated H2O a harmful pollutant that they must regulate. Meteorologist Brian Sussman’s calculations in his book “Climategate” show humanity’s share of the greenhouse effect as .9 of 1 percent.

It’s even possible that CO2 may not affect global warming at all. During many stretches of planetary history, there has been no correlation between the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere and global temperature. In other long stretches, the variations of the two factors followed a significant sequence: increases in CO2 followed increases in warmth by several centuries. You don’t need to have a degree in climate science to know that, in a temporal universe, cause does not follow its effect.

Even global warming alarmists have tacitly conceded that CO2 is not the primary driver of climate change when they responded to the relative cooling in recent years by changing their story and telling us that the earth is likely to cool for a few decades in spite of still-increasing atmospheric CO2. Translation: other factors outweigh CO2 in their impact on global temperatures. Those other factors include variations in solar activity (accounting for 3/4 of the variability in earth’s temperature according to the Marshall Institute); changes in earth’s orbit and axis; albedo (reflectivity, meaning changes in cloud cover which are influenced by fluctuations in gamma ray activity); and volcanic and tectonic activity in the earth’s crust. For humans to presume that they are more than a gnat on an elephant’s rump in terms of impact on climate change is vain and delusive.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#101714 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls,
I'm not trying to be mean, but it really makes you look stupid to claim two guys standing next to a husband and wife with children are the same.
I'm just warning you, that in every person's mind, that is a marring of marriage. And YOU will feel the full weight of inferiority.
Why are you setting yourself up for something so idiotic?
Smile.
You're also not trying to be stupid, but you just can't help it. Blather on, you bloviating, blow-hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 11 min Johnny 1,709
Asian students pose great threat and damage to ... 37 min EmpireEarth 5
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 42 min Americanize 120
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min Lumatrix 837,026
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 1 hr andet1987 1,837
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr par five 4,082
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr The swamiji 7,155
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 176,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 589,351
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Porkpie Hat 271,262
More from around the web