Yes

No

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#101467 Jun 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
''Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time and I think a marriage is, as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman."
http://townhall.com/video/hillary-clinton-n18...
There was an agenda behind that statement in order to push DOMA and DADT. The Neocons had both congressional houses in a tizzy at that time. The best thing GWB ever did was to clean house of many in top positions at the commencement of his second term in office. They were the ones providing all the false "evidence" against Iraq and pushed the people into a frenzy after 9/11 in order to attack Afghanistan, which was stupid for so many reasons, not the least of which is it goes against all sound military logic given and built upon since Sun Tzu wrote 'The Art of War' in 512 BCE.
Toby

Portland, OR

#101468 Jun 17, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it doesn't help to grease the wheels of conversation and debate when you call him THAT. He picked a name, you should use it. If you really need to change it just to insult him, maybe you could pick something that is less debasing to so many people.
True, I should not be so rude, but he is a nasty dishonest mean spirited bigot. I will refrain from insulting those with downs syndrome by using their impediment to refer to him.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#101469 Jun 17, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
The beginning of time? lol
She was placating the neocons. Though I'm sure she had to know the deck was stacked against the neocon view in the near future, as SCOTUS has shown in regards recently to the quick push of DOMA and DADT back in the 90s.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#101470 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>prove it without using what you read, eddy says knows u can do it
Why not prove it using your Bible? If you read it once in a while, you would see, that even in Genesis. no life could exist on the planet after it was formed, however one believes the earth came about. That actually agrees with science, so maybe you throw that part of the Bible away since you do not accept scientific explanations for anything as you sit on your computer using the net, all of which are based on scientific discoveries, endeavors and theories, like electrical theory, for example.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#101471 Jun 17, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. She hasn't replied yet.
But isn't it true that Christians believe that this is the proper and moral treatment for "sinners"?
No, there goes another so called clever insult playing dumb. I don't appreciate your filthy lying mouth insult then if I call you a fool, you write another long rant about my language.

Sacramento, CA

#101472 Jun 17, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in EVERY one of your posts. I am willing to admit that I do not know whether there is a creator God or not. Are you? Why not settle the question here?
Do you believe that you KNOW that there IS a God, and that you know many things about his nature and personality?
Or do you believe that you do NOT know these things, and that you are as unsure about the mysteries of the universe as I am?
I have no chance to tell a lie here, if that's what you are accusing me of. This is a fair question. Just explain whether you believe that you have information about the supernatural which I do not, and how you confirmed that this information is true. That is what I'm curious about.
But yet, you can't find just one. You are exposed here as a Liar, again. Why do you lie so much eddy?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#101473 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> the fatal problem with all radioactive dates is that they are all based on assumptions about the past. You can get any date you like depending on the assumptions you make. And that is what geologist do, they make up an assumed geological history for rock depending on the numbers that come from the geochronology lab
Radioactive half-lives are very reliable. I suppose you think the nuclear bombs are just a conspiracy theory? Never could have happened, right? No nukes ever made, because none can exist in your world of sporadic chemical decay based on your personal ignorance regarding chemistry. Because science as related to radioactivity is all a bunch of hooey to you, isn't it?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#101474 Jun 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article.
Carbon dating was not invented until 1949. When the schools started to teach that the earth is billions of years old, back in 1830, the reasoning was not because of carbon dating. Carbon dating had not even been thought of yet. So why were they teaching that the earth was billions of years old back in the 1800’s? Billions of years are needed to make the evolution theory look good. Without billions of years to hide in, the theory looks absolutely ridiculous
"...back in 1830..."

Seriously?? Have you never heard of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle? Schools diverting from the Socratic method of teaching has been disastrous to our education system as a whole in this country. Traditional Western philosophy being taken out of classrooms, or never let in in some cases, is why we have so much ignorance in our adult populace, such as you display here in your post..

Sacramento, CA

#101475 Jun 17, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Radioactive half-lives are very reliable. I suppose you think the nuclear bombs are just a conspiracy theory? Never could have happened, right? No nukes ever made, because none can exist in your world of sporadic chemical decay based on your personal ignorance regarding chemistry. Because science as related to radioactivity is all a bunch of hooey to you, isn't it?
the fatal problem with all radioactive dates is that they are all based on assumptions about the past. Not talking about a bomb. Some atomic nuclei are very unstable and only exist for a few seconds or minutes. Presuming the rate of production of carbon-14 to be constant, the activity of a sample can be directly compared to the equilibrium activity of living matter and the age calculated. I suppose you think the nuclear bombs are just a conspiracy theory?

Sacramento, CA

#101476 Jun 17, 2014
Is the explanation of the data derived from empirical, observational science, or an interpretation of past events (historical science)?
Are there any assumptions involved in the dating method?
Are the dates provided by 14C dating consistent with what we observe?
Do all scientists accept the 14C dating method as reliable and accurate?

All radiometric dating methods use scientific procedures in the present to interpret what has happened in the past. The procedures used are not necessarily in question. The interpretation of past events is in question.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#101477 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
No, there goes another so called clever insult playing dumb. I don't appreciate your filthy lying mouth insult then if I call you a fool, you write another long rant about my language.
What are you TALKING about? Was there something wrong with my question? If there was, then tell me what was wrong!

How can a question be a lie? I'm looking for information!

If I've asked something "forbidden", I apologize. If I've asked something in a terrible way, I'm very sorry. But you aren't telling me what I've done wrong, so I have no idea what it was.

Why doesn't my question deserve an answer?
RiccardoFire wrote:
But yet, you can't find just one. You are exposed here as a Liar, again. Why do you lie so much eddy?
But what am I lying ABOUT? You aren't explaining that.

I'm trying to understand the details of what Christians believe, and you are acting like it's some big SECRET and you can't tell me. Or you're acting like I'm the worst person in the world just for asking.

Why aren't you able or willing to answer my questions? Why do you explode into name calling every time I ask something? I really don't understand you. Why do you have to be so harsh? What is wrong with simply being conversational?
Toby

Portland, OR

#101478 Jun 17, 2014
You can't seriously have a rational debate or discussion with anyone who gets their information from Creation Ministries International or Traditional Values Coalition, they are rabid ultra fundamentalist organizations. The (TVC) opposes all abortions, all forms of sex education,they oppose of schools even teaching evolution,they oppose of information that informs students of disease prevention and birth control, they support an abstinence only curriculum for schools and they distribute hateful information about homosexuals referring to all homosexuals as predators and deviants.

The (TVC) also opposes hate crime legislation, and they also attempted to keep sodomy laws legal in parts of California. Obviously RicarrdoFire is a bigot with a very anti-gay agenda in mind, anyone who would quote verbatim from Creation Ministries International is a total fundamentalist bigot but is that surprising with the stereotypical statements he constantly post? I will just refer to him as Colonel Frank Fitts from now on.

Sacramento, CA

#101479 Jun 17, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
There's already quite an imaginative children's book written, it's called the Bible. It full of Grimm's Fairytale's like stories, talking snakes, talking animals, talking burning bushes, dead people who rise up and walk, water turing into wine, a sea dividing, magical beings and even angels procreating with humans, etc.. It's got any children's book beaten by a mile.
I dont have the faith you have. As an atheist, you deny the existence of God. Therefore, the questions of how and why we came to be here, and what our purpose is, requires a different explanation from you, that you believe to be true. In order for you to believe the alternate explanation, it must be based upon your own observations and experiences, or by trusting those who claim to have those experiences or observations. If you don't work in a science lab or in a technical field in which those experiences or observations are direct to you, then you must be accepting the experiences or observations of others. If so, this is also faith.

You place trust (faith) in what scientists are advocating as truth. We place trust (faith) in what we experience (by the Spirit) and by the historical testimony of the gospels.

Nature abhors a vacuum. If you don't have faith in one concept, it's because you have faith in a different concept. You still base your life and worldview on that faith, whatever basis it rests upon. So don't tell us that you don't live on faith. It's just an alternate faith.

Sacramento, CA

#101480 Jun 17, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you TALKING about? Was there something wrong with my question? If there was, then tell me what was wrong!
?
I just did = play your dumb games. Well why don't you find a more polite way to talk to people? I though clever gay atheist was supposed to make people better. Saying Christians want to set you on fire and then playing dumb is not making you look like the clever insulter that you are trying to attain here.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#101481 Jun 17, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't you find a more polite way to talk to people? I though religion was supposed to make people better.
Ha! Ha! Ha!

That one is a shining example of that.
Toby

Portland, OR

#101482 Jun 17, 2014
https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-1...

Another verbatim copy and paste job from a biased religiously based website, just look under the heading Carbon 14 dating -third paragraph. Answers in genesis is a religious organization that supports young Earth creationism ran by Kenneth Ham, the guy who got his ass handed to him in his debate with Bill Nye. This is the person working to build an "Ark Encounter theme park in Kentucky. LoL

Sacramento, CA

#101483 Jun 17, 2014
Toby wrote:
You can't seriously have a rational debate or discussion with anyone who gets their information from Creation Ministries International or Traditional Values Coalition, they are rabid ultra fundamentalist organizations. The (TVC) opposes all abortions, all forms of sex education,they oppose of schools even teaching evolution,they oppose of information that informs students of disease prevention and birth control, they support an abstinence only curriculum for schools and they distribute hateful information about homosexuals referring to all homosexuals as predators and deviants.
The (TVC) also opposes hate crime legislation, and they also attempted to keep sodomy laws legal in parts of California. Obviously RicarrdoFire is a bigot with a very anti-gay agenda in mind, anyone who would quote verbatim from Creation Ministries International is a total fundamentalist bigot but is that surprising with the stereotypical statements he constantly post? I will just refer to him as Colonel Frank Fitts from now on.
You are the bigot here making assumptions from a few posts from sites that are on your list. I don't care if it's from gay times daily, I judge the content. How many cards are left?
Toby

Portland, OR

#101484 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I dont have the faith you have. As an atheist, you deny the existence of God. Therefore, the questions of how and why we came to be here, and what our purpose is, requires a different explanation from you, that you believe to be true. In order for you to believe the alternate explanation, it must be based upon your own observations and experiences, or by trusting those who claim to have those experiences or observations. If you don't work in a science lab or in a technical field in which those experiences or observations are direct to you, then you must be accepting the experiences or observations of others. If so, this is also faith.
You place trust (faith) in what scientists are advocating as truth. We place trust (faith) in what we experience (by the Spirit) and by the historical testimony of the gospels.
Nature abhors a vacuum. If you don't have faith in one concept, it's because you have faith in a different concept. You still base your life and worldview on that faith, whatever basis it rests upon. So don't tell us that you don't live on faith. It's just an alternate faith.
You wasted all that on assumptions, I am not an atheist, I am agnostic, that is I believe no one really knows, especially people such as yourself. How does nature abhor a vacuum when 99 % of our Universe is a vacuum, how does nature have emotions anyway?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#101485 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The records of ancient languages never go back beyond . 3000 B.C. ANCIENT HISTORICAL RECORDS The oldest dates go back to about 3000 B.C. WHY??????????
Way wrong. Sumerian Kish Tablet dates to 3500 BCE. That is ONLY written language. Language, of course, would have been spoken for quite a while before it was put into any kind of proto-type writing. We have no idea how long a language was spoken before it's first proto-literate writings came to be, nor do we have any idea how many languages were spoken that we will never know about due to their not having a writing system before the people who spoke them died out, were victims of genocide or assimilated into other cultures, willfully or forcefully.
Toby

Portland, OR

#101486 Jun 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are the bigot here making assumptions from a few posts from sites that are on your list. I don't care if it's from gay times daily, I judge the content. How many cards are left?
So you get your information from fundamentalist websites and even anti-gay websites and young earth creationist websites, then you copy and post the information verbatim and tell me they are on my list, wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 596,694
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Burke Devlin 855,842
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min WasteWater 6,165
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 33 min Burke Devlin 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min onemale 272,098
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Bella Italia 40,722
Mercedes C63 AMG 2015 1 hr jack webber 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr American_Infidel 177,224
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Bella Italia 612,652
More from around the web