No

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#100592 May 28, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
;-)
Glad to be back... I have been away and I was very naughty, oh my.
I agree humans are kind of a special animal, but still just an animal.
Are you positive?

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#100593 May 28, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't surprised in the least.
<quoted text>
I've come to look at DOMA in a different light, and I forget exactly who it was that illuminated it for me. Snyper, was that you?
At the time, in 1996, with Republican control of the House and Senate, they COULD have put through a Federal Constitutional Amendment against same-sex marriage, and probably fairly easily. They would've had no problem getting the 38 states needed to ratify it. There would've been little that we could do about it today.
But DOMA placated them, and we didn't go down that road. NOW, there's little that THEY can do to stop US. It's way too late to try for a Federal Constitutional Amendment. They'd never find the support. DOMA actually saved our asses. It happened just when it needed to. And fell just when it needed to, too.
Great perspective and info! Thanks for sharing! It is rare to come on Topix and actually find some new, rational perspective worth putting a some thought into. Quite refreshing to see. Perhaps the old addage, "there are no accidents in politics" was indeed used to the advantage of the people regarding DOMA after all.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100594 May 28, 2014
Bob wrote:
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I'm not sure using Paul as a reference works so well. From his writings, he claims to be the biggest sinner of all and was a very tortured soul, possibly due to his being a closet case when one really studies his writings. His writings would go very well in the Koran though, except that he left out female prostitutes. Maybe Paul was bi and didn't know how to handle it. Sometimes I feel bad for him when I read his writings, then sometimes it ticks me off he took over the place of Peter as head of the church, undermined the good basic teachings alleged to be from Jesus and took a purely Jewish message to people outside the community who already had their own beliefs. He basically set up the religion of Christianity with his teachings that conflict greatly with those of Jesus, a Jewish rabbi pushing for reformation of the oppressive Judaic system of law which is akin to the Sharia we see in practice today, going by the text.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100595 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
The core natural expression of mating.
The fruit of a full union.
The reunion of male and female into oneness.
<quoted text>
LOL,
Trying to equate science and history with fiction.
Epically stupid and desperate at the same time!
<quoted text>
I was challenged to provide specific distinctions between ss couples and marriage, and did so.
First you tried to science and history to fiction.
Now you want to equate what married couples throughout human history have reveled in with Oprah. Honey, OPRAH WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW, SHE'S NOT MARRIED!!!
But to top that off, you offer accounting as the gay option!!! Seriously!
Nor am I debating 'requirements'. I'm simply and accurately noting the difference between marriage and ss couples.
Smile.
If the same sex couple is married, there is NO difference! What is so difficult to understand about that? A contract between two people is legally binding regardless of the sex/gender/ whatever. Heck, you should know all about that given your...ahem...condition and all. Considering that, using your premise if it can be called that, your marriage must be much lesser than mine is since neither me nor my husband has the affliction you do. No offense, just saying....

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100596 May 28, 2014
All-Righty wrote:
The end of days is very near. The recent "blood moon" was a sure sign that God your Father is following through with everything foretold in the Bible!
In the last days ... men shall be ... without natural affection ... lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,... ever learning. 2 Timothy 3:1-7
Repent, sodomites! The Bible says you are worthy of death! Why would you choose death when you could just choose Jesus? He has given you every chance to be cured of your gayness. You can't wait until you're on your deathbed with AIDS to try to convince God that you're sorry for being a homo! Get to a godly clinic where help is available to get yourself repaired before it's too late. It's still legal in a few states, praise Jesus! Turn or burn!
More fearmongering crap from the religious conspiracy theorists! And you buy into that "blood moon" crap. It's called an eclipse, where the moon is eclipsed by the earth. There are 4 this year. Means nothing besides there are 4 total moon eclipses, just like happened before several times in recorded history and no doubt many other times before recorded history. Pay your bills, because you won't be beamed up any time soon.

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#100597 May 28, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
If the same sex couple is married, there is NO difference! What is so difficult to understand about that? A contract between two people is legally binding regardless of the sex/gender/ whatever. Heck, you should know all about that given your...ahem...condition and all. Considering that, using your premise if it can be called that, your marriage must be much lesser than mine is since neither me nor my husband has the affliction you do. No offense, just saying....
Indeed.

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#100598 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that Adam and Eve were 'instantly' created. You are assuming that all Christians have one view on the Bible. A very foolish assumption. I have an understanding that allows the process of evolution. See my previous post.
I suggested no such thing about you. Nor does that explain your lie that I said that would turn someone gay. Moreover, your attempt to separate sexual behavior from orientation is desperately silly. I accurately note that the anus did not evolve to engage intercourse, regardless of orientation.
http://www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-conc...
Adam and Eve is mythology.

Anal sex is totally irrelevant and a personal matter.

The Bible says you should mind your own business. 1 Peter 4:15

Why do you hate the Bible so much?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100599 May 28, 2014
All-Righty wrote:
<quoted text>Dusty, it saddens me that you would characterize the word of God as nonsense.
1 Timothy 1:9-10
1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
Soon enough, sinner, your choices will grow teeth bite you through the changes in our laws that are coming for the likes of you. Pat Robertson revealed just last year that you gays have been deliberately spreading your aids by cutting people with your special rings. And you wonder why the faithful are working so hard to curtail homosexuality through any means possible. Glory!
You guys didn't let me in on the special ring thingy?? I am so upset right now! Because you know Pat is right! He speaks to God and God speaks to him. Kind of like those guys in Bellevue. He's a special man, no doubt.
Says It All Right Here

Scotts Valley, CA

#100600 May 28, 2014
Is homosexuality a sin?

No 40,101 72%
Yes 14,956 27%

Current Total 55,057

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100601 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Gay marrage does not require permanence. A marrage contract can have an expiration date, or an easy opt-out clause.
Nor does gay marrage require sexual exclusivity. In fact, it unconstitutionally restricts freedom.
Marriage is for life, because it connects the mother and father to their children.
Marriage is also sexually exclusive so children can be raised by their mother and father.
Ss marrage doesn't require children, therefor it needs neither.
I simply note the historical function of marriage which distinguishes it from marrage and point out the change that occurred with no-fault divorce (children are not considered in divorce), and abortion (children are murdered for convenience). Hence the divorce and childless rate today.
In marrage, children are not required (or possible). However, there are still mothers and fathers committed and monogamous for the sake of their children. Marriage.
Smile.
<quoted text>
You understand perfectly what I wrote.
Smile.
Marriage already has an opt out...divorce; though no expiration date is ever on any marriage certificate, as it isn't part of the law regarding marriage. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It's quite clear you have no legal knowledge in the least. Not even a legal term class. I hardly think anyone really perfectly understands anything you write, including yourself.
Says It All Right Here

Scotts Valley, CA

#100602 May 28, 2014
mst3wart83 wrote:
" hot_gamama wrote:
read leviticus...i do remember reading in genesis that GOD CREATED adam and Eve, not Adam and STEVE
I couldn't agree more! A man and woman was created to reproduce. In homosexuality that can not be done. "just look at the wild life, how many times you have seen a gay animal? I have not yet!"
TRITE bs

DNF

““Be guided by principles..."”

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore

#100603 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DNF, you got a reference from Rosa!!!
Think what that means!!!
Snicker smile.
It means more people agree with my points than agree with yours.

It means many see that when it comes to logical arguments, you don't have any.

Thanks for mentioning that.

DNF

Baltimore

#100604 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a point where man became separate from other animals. Look up the Hebrew definitions of this verse:
Genesis 2:7 (NASB)
7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
SMile.
That is true. Now explain why you want to make people into animals by equating marriage with breeding in the farmyard.

DNF

Baltimore

#100605 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So now children ARE a part of marriage?
SMirk.
Of course they are.

Let me explain how this works so you understand. Making a child doesn't make a marriage. If it did there would be no such thing as unwed mothers.

Having children doesn't mean people are married. It simply means they had sex and produced an offspring. Without marriage those children are often denied certain rights and protections.

Marriage is when two people decide they want to form a family unit and then follow the government rules for doing so. If they have children, those children become part of that new family unit, just as adopted children are.

You are attempting once again to be devious by claiming gays and lesbians are taking children out of the marriage equation. We aren't. In fact some are trying to secure marriage equality for the sake of their children.

DNF

Baltimore

#100606 May 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried to talk your way out of trouble, hey?
I thought I was persuasive as a kid. Problem is, you don't realize that adults have heard it all before
Wow you just explained Kimare's problem!

Thanks

DNF

Baltimore

#100607 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So now children ARE a part of marriage?
SMirk.
Tell me something. Is the reason you felt the need to foster 10 other children is because your own children didn't validate your marriage?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100608 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you positive?
I'm not. I'm negative. O negative with an Rh negative factor. I have the ability to save your life and anyone else's who is in need of blood; though I must have my own type of blood to survive. I don't have the Rhesus monkey factor in my blood, which is another nail in the coffin of so-called creationism when it's put up against evolution.

If you are anything other than O-Rh-, then my discriminating against you for that is the same as you discriminating against homosexuals. But you don't just discriminate; you denigrate, admonish and degrade them into less than humans. You take the place of God by playing judge, jury and would-be executioner by stomping on the constitutional rights affirmed for all citizens to be treated equally under the rule of law in the USA.

YOU and your ilk are the very thing that is wrong in the US today. You undermine individual constitutional rights at every turn, with every post you make here. I am positive you must be one of those who want to "take the country back," back to the days of the Articles of Confederation which didn't work out the first two times; back to a time, you yourself would have no rights unless you were of the upper echelons of our society. Maybe if you'd bother to learn something before posting your tripe, you'd see that denying rights of others will reach to yourself sooner rather than later, as history has shown us time and time again. In our free society, the most respectable position to take is one that fights for the rights of those with which one may not agree, with the understanding that basic human rights are the most important thing to stand up for in this country, indeed in the world.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100609 May 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..........you Listen or read about Pat Robertson? LOL
Hey so do I when it's made easily available. I don't go looking for it, but it's good for a hoot once in a while. Or a scare sometimes, since so many people believe his crap. I look at it like this...it's always a good idea to see what the adversary is washing brains with at any given time. Sort of like,'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.' And yes, I'd consider Pat an enemy of the state, so his newest zombie talk interests me. He does have a certain amount of political power in his numbers alone. He should be watched by concerned citizens. But that's just my take on it.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100610 May 28, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this right, so the punishment for fornication is exactly the same punishment as for homosexuality, yet homosexuality is somehow on an entirely different level . So this jurisprudent deity basically hands out mandatory sentences yet accentuated the distinctions between various sins.
So does this deity ever indicate that the temperature is turned up specifically for homosexuals in hell? You know like a low setting for run of the mill unbelievers, a medium setting for fornicators, and a high setting for homosexuals?
Sounds sort of like Dante's 9 circles of hell. Don't worry though. I'm from Cajun country. Turn the heat up and we'll boil some lobsters, shrimp, crawfish and crabs then make a nice big pot of gumbo. Besides, Tartarus....the Greek word for the hottest bottom pit of hell though it is found in the Bible...go figure...is for the blasphemers. Kimare and others judging so harshly and taking the place of God will be down there for us to point and laugh at since "unbelievers" are relegated to somewhere around the second to fourth levels with much more interesting people like Socrates, Confucius, Einstein, Nietzsche, etc.:)

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#100611 May 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddy,
I'm simply stating that the reality of a man and woman uniting as one in body, mind and spirit creates the most wonderful, natural relationship in humanity, and results in a fruitfulness nurtured in the best setting for society. A natural, blood kinship that results in the strongest relational bonds society produces. The very human fabric that holds cultures together!
I can't help it if those succinct facts sound like poetry to you. Or that a ss couple cannot rise to that fundamental level of marriage.
I would suggest that ss couples establish their own legitimate relational identity. I am hurt that you reject what I thought was a sensitive concession, by allowing the close wording of 'marrage' as a fair alternative!
A natural blood kinship?? That's incest! And you obviously do not know anything about other cultures at all. Many still practice marriage as one man with several women, even here in the US. I don't see you saying a thing about that though. So stop acting like you know anything about the culture in which you live much less cultures around the world. We all know you revel in your ignorance, but this is beyond ridiculous, even for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min scaritual 794,259
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min guest 567,633
Who's your favorite NBA player of ALL-TIME??? 10 min Doctor REALITY 2
What's is a Cord blood Bank ? 14 min Doc 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min andet1987 5,314
Who's your favorite NFL quarteback of ALL-TIME??? 24 min Doctor REALITY 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 24 min Rathore 38,063
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min RADEKT 267,335
Scientific proof for God's existence 42 min HipGnosis 512
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,101
More from around the web