Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Toby

Eugene, OR

#100082 May 15, 2014
In Dog We Rust wrote:
<quoted text>
How very enlightened of you. Nothing wrong Biblically with being gay. Solved.
It's plagiarized directly out of "Listverse" anyway, it would be helpful when someone copies and paste verbatim to use quotation marks.

http://listverse.com/2013/03/20/10-bible-cont...
Toby

Eugene, OR

#100083 May 15, 2014
Anyway if it's all basically an allegory, it is symbolic and holds little or any factual information, who in their right mind would cling onto precepts from a book to judge anyones sexual orientation that is mythical and allegorical anyway?

That's why I compare it with Grimms Fairy tales, the bases of any premise can't be based on mythical tales and symbolism.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#100084 May 15, 2014
Is homosexuality a sin? A sin according to which God and according to which myth, here's a better question. Was it a sin for the the cow to jump over the moon?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#100085 May 16, 2014
Is homosexuality a sin?
It´s like asking is killing a sin?
Or was 9/11 a terrorist attack?
Adam

#100086 May 16, 2014
Homosexuality is a spiritual corruption
Adam

#100087 May 16, 2014
Gays think thzey are unstopable. But they aren´t.
Adam

#100088 May 16, 2014
Gays think they are unstopable. But they aren´t. Mind corruption
Adam

#100089 May 16, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you have created God in your own image when that God hates all the same people you hate.
Can´t talk with you kid,you cant be objective cause you’re gay boy. Things are not only black or white.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#100090 May 16, 2014
Adam wrote:
Is homosexuality a sin?
It´s like asking is killing a sin?
Why should those be equal things?

I don't want to be killed, you don't want to be killed, we cannot maintain a civil, successful society if people are allowed to freely kill each other. Killing violates a person's consent.

But homosexuality does not. If you don't want to be gay, that's fine with me. I won't try to force you to be gay. But if that's what I want for my life, I should have the freedom to pursue it. It does not violate my consent, or the consent of my partner.

Killing and homosexuality are not at all similar. Condemning homosexuality is a violation of personal freedom. You should have the freedom to express love with whatever consenting adults you choose, and so should I.
Adam wrote:
Homosexuality is a spiritual corruption
Prove it. How do you measure that? What device will show the scale of corruption? What gives you the authority to police other people's spirituality? Where are the laws which dictate the level of spiritual purity that citizens must keep?
Adam wrote:
Gays think they are unstopable. But they aren´t. Mind corruption
Human rights are unstoppable. You aren't going to be able to create any new laws which dictate how people must pursue happiness. The "mind corruption" comes from misunderstanding the Constitution, and thinking that you have the right to suppress how other people live their lives.
Adam

#100091 May 16, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should those be equal things?
I don't want to be killed, you don't want to be killed, we cannot maintain a civil, successful society if people are allowed to freely kill each other. Killing violates a person's consent.
But homosexuality does not. If you don't want to be gay, that's fine with me. I won't try to force you to be gay. But if that's what I want for my life, I should have the freedom to pursue it. It does not violate my consent, or the consent of my partner.
Killing and homosexuality are not at all similar. Condemning homosexuality is a violation of personal freedom. You should have the freedom to express love with whatever consenting adults you choose, and so should I.
<quoted text>
Prove it. How do you measure that? What device will show the scale of corruption? What gives you the authority to police other people's spirituality? Where are the laws which dictate the level of spiritual purity that citizens must keep?
<quoted text>
Human rights are unstoppable. You aren't going to be able to create any new laws which dictate how people must pursue happiness. The "mind corruption" comes from misunderstanding the Constitution, and thinking that you have the right to suppress how other people live their lives.
You remind me of this sweet, mentally retarded little old dog called Rick In kansas. He had an IQ that barely allowed him to function. Considering what God gave you, that's amazing. I feel sorry because you are using the amount of talent God gave you in the wrong way promoting homosexuality and somehow trying to relate that to human rights.
But you know what, with Obama being the US President, it's no wonder that shitty comments like yours and gay marriages are getting released. Sad but true.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#100092 May 16, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I know it's the RetardoFire "Third Red Scare" the commies are coming , the commies are coming!
They came long time ago, study what communism means.

Sacramento, CA

#100093 May 16, 2014
In Dog We Rust wrote:
<quoted text>
I overestimated you - if you cannot logically connect the dots presented as a macro view of the conversation, I can't explain it any clearer.
You lost the argument that most wars are because of religion, so you resort to natural disasters as caused by religion? Get some help, you are totally confused in life.

Sacramento, CA

#100094 May 16, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's plagiarized directly out of "Listverse" anyway, it would be helpful when someone copies and paste verbatim to use quotation marks.
http://listverse.com/2013/03/20/10-bible-cont...
Is the content so overwhelming that you need to attack the source? LMAO

Sacramento, CA

#100095 May 16, 2014
Toby wrote:
That's why I compare it with Grimms Fairy tales, the bases of any premise can't be based on mythical tales and symbolism.
or the big fairy tale that life just all of a sudden started from that puddle of crud. LOL
In Dog We Rust

Denton, TX

#100097 May 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>or the big fairy tale that life just all of a sudden started from that puddle of crud. LOL
How do you know it didn't? Were you there?
In Dog We Rust

Denton, TX

#100098 May 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Is the content so overwhelming that you need to attack the source? LMAO
Yes, that's it. That's exactly it. Hold your cards folks, we have a bingo!
In Dog We Rust

Denton, TX

#100099 May 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You lost the argument that most wars are because of religion, so you resort to natural disasters as caused by religion? Get some help, you are totally confused in life.
That's your argument? Do you even read what is posted, or do you pull something out of the air to respond to. I ASKED you if YOU include in the discussion elements of disaster that at least in the Bible, are represented to be of G*d's hands.? And you're answer is, I'm confused?

Maybe so - your'e going to have to tell me in more detail what you actually believe out of the Bible. Was the great flood brought on by the divine, or was there just a flood? Personally, I don't care one way or the other, but what I read is pretty clear on that. So what do you think?

Do you not believe in hell? Is hell a natural disaster?

Fill me in. An argument cannot be won or lost when only one person is participating. What I have done thus far is bring up incidences to consider, and ask for YOUR opinion on whether they should be included.?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#100100 May 16, 2014
Adam wrote:
You remind me of this sweet, mentally retarded little old dog called Rick In kansas. He had an IQ that barely allowed him to function.
THIS is rational dialogue? Is it any wonder that your side can't find a legal victory, if this is the strength of your arguments?
Adam wrote:
Considering what God gave you, that's amazing. I feel sorry because you are using the amount of talent God gave you in the wrong way promoting homosexuality and somehow trying to relate that to human rights.
I don't know anything about gods, I've never seen or spoken to one.

But if there IS a God, then he made me homosexual. I wasn't a prepubescent boy making his OWN decisions about who he would be attracted to. Were you?

But if there is a God, and heterosexuality is what he wants for me, then it should be a simple task for an omnipotent being to arrange that. He doesn't HAVE to create people who feel desires that he then forbids. He should just make straight people, and his problems would be solved.

But human rights absolutely dictate that I should have the freedom to guide the course of my own life, so long as I'm not harming anyone. Neither you nor God has any cause to punish people who do that.
Adam wrote:
But you know what, with Obama being the US President, it's no wonder that shitty comments like yours and gay marriages are getting released. Sad but true.
The next president won't have any power to stop us. Obama isn't the one making gay marriages possible, the Constitution is doing that. No president, not even a Republican one, can go against the Constitution. After Obama leaves office, you aren't going to see a reversal on these decisions. Our marriages are here to stay.
Adam

#100101 May 16, 2014
Verily verily. And people are giving me crap for my comments seriously?! But you know what, I think If homosexuality were created and ordered by god in the bible you gay guys and lesbians would become heterosexual overnight.
Adam

#100102 May 16, 2014
If Homosexuality would be required by God you gays would become heterosexuals overnight.Verily verily

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusions ... 650,131
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Clearwater 56,078
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Ooogah Boogah 971,750
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 23 min Just Think 437
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min New Ideas 44,948
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,312
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 182,938
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web